00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VOXPhi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,557 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 11:26:42

At 10/1/08 03:15 AM, Jercurpac wrote: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get

That reminds me, now I think the mighty morphin power rangers song would be really hard.

The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Green Day - Welcome to Paradise

Wow those two would be great. We can only wish though, the Beatles and Greenday are just like Led Zeppelin. They'd never allow their music to be played in a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 12:04:58

At 10/1/08 11:26 AM, Mr-Destruction wrote: Wow those two would be great. We can only wish though, the Beatles and Greenday are just like Led Zeppelin. They'd never allow their music to be played in a game.

Well, World Tour has Wings so it's obvious that Paul McCartney is cool with having his songs in Guitar Hero and somehow I doubt that Ringo is fighting it. Of course, I think that Micheal Jackson and Sony still have joint ownership of most of the Beatles catalog so the ball's in their court. I'm sure they want a fortune, but at this point both MTV and Activision would probably kill their first born sons to have that bullet point on their box and in their advertisements so I'm apt to believe the rumors that there's a GH: Beatles in the works for the distant future.

I don't what the fuck Green Day's problem is, they're up there in the top ten most popular bands of the nineties and they've done none too shabby in the last decade either so you know that both games have to have been pursuing them. There better be something big in store. I'd happily buy a Dookie full album DLC.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 12:12:24

Nah, what we need is the original version of Word Up by Cameo.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 18:37:26

What.

The.

Fuck.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9762 47

also, four starred Before I forget, which was actually pretty easy in the end, I'd nailed the chord changes in the chorus ages ago, and all I had to do was remember to strum five then four then five then four in the verses, and hit all the notes in the first half of the bridge.

And four starred Cliffs of dover, and three starred #otB. Now just One, which I'll probably get next time round, and Raining Blood, which i won't ever get. ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 18:40:05

At 10/1/08 06:37 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: and Raining Blood, which i won't ever get. ever.

pass or just 4, 5* ?

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 18:41:38

At 10/1/08 06:37 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: and Raining Blood, which i won't ever get. ever.

We'll have a special club or something.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 19:15:24

At 10/1/08 06:40 PM, wreckages wrote:
pass or just 4, 5* ?

Pass.

I'm not that bad at mosh... idk... the first few seconds of it, I can hit the majority of notes, and while still loosing rock meter overall, loose it quite slowly, slowly enough that i'd be able to get through mosh1 with starpower, its just then I start missing notes and things and star power or not, I just go straight into the red.

It's a work in progress.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 19:17:46

Speaking of GH2 did anyone else here manage to pass Jordan?

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-01 22:41:54

ScoreHero
It's outdated, but these are my GH3 scores.

One and Raining Blood are my favorites on GH3.
Misirlou, Institutionalized, and Hangar 18 for GH2.
Smoke on the Water and Spanish Castle Magic for GH.
I only played a demo for GHA, but I liked Dream On.

Prick your finger, it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun.

The angel has spread it's wings. The time has come for bitter things.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 10:36:25

At 10/1/08 06:37 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: What.

The.

Fuck.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9762 47

Yeah that happened to me once, my friends all laughed at me. I finally 3* it on expert yesterday, never beat that one before.

How's everyone enjoying the Metallica pack? I've only beaten a handful of the songs.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 12:15:31

I'm saving Metallica for Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Vocals, drums, and bass ftw.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 12:29:13

I'm not getting the Metallica pack. Never liked them.

I actually haven't got any of the packs, apart from Dropkick Murphys, which was free. Nothing I've felt was worth getting. Rock Band has way better downloads, there's loads of them I'd get.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 14:22:51

At 10/1/08 11:24 AM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 10/1/08 06:35 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Also needs moar Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing.
I agree, the master either has to be hidden in someone's grandmother's basement or it's in licensing hell because there's no reason for that song not to be in either Guitar Hero or Rock Band

I prefer Money for Nothing, as Sultans just gets played too much for my liking.

Just picked out my favourites amongst that list. I think that you should swap Wonderboy for Tribute, as it's just freaking awesome.
Just a personal preference, Tribute rocks harder, but Wonderboy's a song for the vocals. The comedy aspect of Tenacious D sometimes undermines Jack Blacks immense talent as a singer and I wanted a song to focus on that.

If you want to hear his vocal talents, why not go for the happy compromise and go for Rock your Socks - that's got the hard rocking and the vocal talents all together :)

Don't stop Believin' by Journey
Great vocals and a great song, but I don't think it's a Guitar Hero song, A whole minute goes by before the guitar even show up

Yeah, you can't do keyboards for Guitar Hero, because they're too realistic :P

Epic, by Faith no more.
Awesome song, but I'm trying to avoid songs that have already been done for a full band game.

Damn those earlier incarnations!

We Rock, by Dio
Wait, I thought you said easy songs, that's final tier material for drums, bass, and vocal and once the guitar picks up it's up their too. Fantastic choice though, I have Mob Rules, but the list could always use more vitamin Dio.

Nah, the earlier ones in the list were the easier ones. This one just seemed like the right thing to do

I think you should also throw this one in here - Word Up - Gun
I was considering throwing in Korn's version as a goofy singalong, but they beat Korn to it and they did a better job.

You're damned right they did a better job. That would be like throwing Metallica's version of Whiskey in the Jar in the mix.

At 10/1/08 06:37 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: What.

The.

Fuck.

That's harsh. Is that seriously one missed note? That's got to sting to get your ass back through it and get the perfect. I know you can do it!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 14:27:18

At 10/2/08 02:22 PM, Coop83 wrote: That's harsh. Is that seriously one missed note? That's got to sting to get your ass back through it and get the perfect. I know you can do it!

That's failing the song at 99% completion. Much worse than just missing a perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 15:38:12

At 10/2/08 02:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: That's failing the song at 99% completion. Much worse than just missing a perfect.

99% on one... oh boy, that's painful.

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 15:57:40

I never got stuck on One, actually. Got onto the last set, did One and Number of the Beast quite quickly, took a bit longer on Cliffs of Dover, but I didn't really get stuck, just had trouble with a bit near the start, and once I was past that I got through. Then got stuck on Raining Blood and have been on it for months and months.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 18:16:39

At 10/2/08 02:27 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/2/08 02:22 PM, Coop83 wrote: That's harsh. Is that seriously one missed note? That's got to sting to get your ass back through it and get the perfect. I know you can do it!
That's failing the song at 99% completion. Much worse than just missing a perfect.

Yeah, I did that on something... think it was raining blood on Easy. I've failed the song at 100%. Trust me, it can be done - I mashed the guitar something rotten for that one :)

Sorry, I was just being a goober about the whole dropping a perfect.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-02 18:59:14

At 10/2/08 02:22 PM, Coop83 wrote: I prefer Money for Nothing, as Sultans just gets played too much for my liking.

Money for nothing's not really a guitar hero song though, there's just the one riff and slight variations, and no solo or anything.

Sultans of Swing is just perfect.

See this (awesome) custom chart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSsfbzLc5 uE

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-05 07:56:44

awesome day today

- beat career on lefy (hendrix reborn)
* can confirm that you can do it in more than one sitting, just make sure lefty flip is on as soon as you load up the game
- beat lou for the first time ON LEFTY, PLAYING VIA A MIRROR
* before i had used the beat lou glitch (:3)
- almost broke 400k on "one"

next up, 5* all hard songs (RaBl and KoC left)

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-05 18:57:43

I was just looking at the pre-order free guitar bundle on HMV, amazon.co.uk, and play.com, and I noticed that Xbox 360 gets a free WIRED guitar, while the PS3 and Wii get a free WIRELESS guitar.

That sucks.

EG:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_
/203-7376624-3125559?url=search-alias%3D aps&field-keywords=guitar+hero+world+tou r&x=0&y=0

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-05 19:28:08

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-05 19:32:46

At 10/5/08 07:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: The mystery is revealed.

You get an Xplorer.

And the black GH3 one with the PS3 version.

So yeah, I'm going to end up with 2 GH1 controllers, 2 GH3 controllers, and 1 GHWT controller, plus the drums and mic.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-06 02:52:13

At 8/29/06 11:22 PM, Backseat-Mod wrote: Here's a club for all those Guitar Hero addicts out there.

Come here to discuss your favourite songs, characters, guitars, skins, bonus songs, or whatever!

Rules

%u2022 No spamming

%u2022 You must own a copy of Guitar Hero, and play it.

That's pretty much it.

Here's some links for Guitar Hero fanatics:

Official US Website
Official UK Website
Score Hero - A Guitar Hero score keeping site
Official Guitar Hero forums

And that's it! Feel free to join.

well i have all guitar hero games except aerosmith and on tour DS my favorite song is One by metalica GH3 legends of rock
my favorite songs on each GH game
GH1-Take me out by franz ferdinaz
GH2-message in a bottle by the police
GHencore rock the 80's-Holy diver by Ronnie James Dio
GH3-One by metalica
those r my favorite songs
my favorite character in all GH games
GH1-jonny napalm
GH2-Grim Ripper
GH encore-Grim Ripper 80's
GH3-axel steel
my favorite bonus song in all games
GH1-cheat on the church by BBQ graveyard
GH2-less talk more rokk by Freazepop
GH encore-N/A
GH3-impulse by N/A
this is one anwser my favorite guitar in all games Standard SG
skins i dont really care how they look

yea this is all i know right now to be able to join ur club

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-06 14:17:19

At 10/5/08 07:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You get an Xplorer.

best guitar available.

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-06 14:47:10

At 10/6/08 02:17 PM, wreckages wrote:
At 10/5/08 07:28 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You get an Xplorer.
best guitar available.

I like the GH3 one, although I've only played the Xplorer a couple of times.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-06 17:43:34

At 10/6/08 02:47 PM, TheMaster wrote: I like the GH3 one, although I've only played the Xplorer a couple of times.

fair enough, but my les paul (like others) has tilt issues, way to sensitive with star power deployment

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-06 20:26:10

My les paul has dodgy GRY chord, when I hit GRY, it counts as a strum as well. So if I get two GRY in quick succession, I have to hit GR and tap Y twice or whatever. (I can strum with the bar as normal, but I can only do this once, then have to release at least one of the keys)

and my orange is also a bit worn out.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-07 12:26:28

At 10/6/08 08:26 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My les paul has dodgy GRY chord, when I hit GRY, it counts as a strum as well. So if I get two GRY in quick succession, I have to hit GR and tap Y twice or whatever. (I can strum with the bar as normal, but I can only do this once, then have to release at least one of the keys)

and my orange is also a bit worn out.

that's sucks, but as long as it still works, eh? how's your whammy bar holding out? mine has elastic band around it to keep it up, hah.

also, out the blue, is anyone here capable of FCing TTFAF (easy), or one on medium lead (fc up to fast solo d/e) on the xbox 360? i really want the 2000 note streak achievement. add me, wreckages

hello

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-10 19:30:49

Got my Big ol' Pile of Wins achievement. When the say win on 500 matches they must mean 500 songs, because I know there's know way in hell I've played that much and it unlocked after the first song in a best out of three. Unless, of course, it's another glitched achievement.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-10-10 19:57:18

My whammy bar's absolutely fine, and I'm not exactly the lightest whammyer in history.

Also, I've been ass-whooping a whole load of songs on GH2. I seriously have no idea how the first time I passed John the Fisherman I only got three stars.

BBS Signature