00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowedVaultDweller just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,552 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 07:01:59

At 6/29/08 10:11 PM, Sysko wrote: Forget about Guitar Hero; start thinkin' about Guitar Hero 3!

What?

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 07:20:16

At 6/30/08 07:01 AM, Marsupial wrote:
At 6/29/08 10:11 PM, Sysko wrote: Forget about Guitar Hero; start thinkin' about Guitar Hero 3!
What?

I assume he read the first post and then decided the conversation hasn't changed in 54 pages worth of talk.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 18:38:59

At 6/29/08 09:58 PM, Dmabster wrote: My favorite song on GH3 is The seeker and on Rock Band Dont fear the reaper

Weird favorite for GH3, mine is Cult of Personality, I almost 100% the solo, i'm getting close :3

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 18:48:20

At 6/30/08 06:38 PM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 6/29/08 09:58 PM, Dmabster wrote: My favorite song on GH3 is The seeker and on Rock Band Dont fear the reaper
Weird favorite for GH3, mine is Cult of Personality, I almost 100% the solo, i'm getting close :3

I don't think I could pick a favourite. Either Paint It Black, Holiday in Cambodia, Even Flow and My Name Is Jonas, depending on how I'm feeling.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 19:31:23

My favourite song? My Name Is Jonas, Cult of Personality, Impulse, Black Magic Woman, La Grange, or Pride And Joy, i guess.

Also, I got GH2.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-06-30 19:36:41

At 6/30/08 07:31 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Also, I got GH2.

Some good songs in that. Bad Reputation is probably me favourite song in the whole series, and then you've got Search and Destroy, Free Bird, Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight, and if you've got the 360 version, The State of Massachusetts.

Although it also has the worst song BY MILES in the series, Institutionalized.

Euggh, I remember playing through Hard when I first got it, and having only that to 5 star, and actually turning off the band and singer and whatnot because it's so shit, and eventually giving up because the guitar is awful too.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 02:34:32

So who knows the hardest song on GH Aerosmith?

I'm only picking it up if the songs are worth my time beating. not a big Aerosmith fan.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 09:08:11

At 6/30/08 07:31 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My favourite song? My Name Is Jonas, Cult of Personality, Impulse, Black Magic Woman, La Grange, or Pride And Joy, i guess.

I take it you've tried Hier Kommt Alex from the bonus tracks. Great intro on that and boy did my arms sting after that one.

I'm getting a little frustrated - dropped a perfect on La Grange with about 10 notes to go and then my arm seized up in the middle of the next run. I will get it!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 10:55:16

Favorite songs lists? Why the hell not?

Guitar Hero
Ace of Spades
Bark at the Moon
Frankenstein
Infected
Killer Queen
Ziggy Stardust
Unsung
Sharp Dressed Man
No One Knows
All of This
Even Rats

Guitar Hero II
Bad Reputation
Beast and the Harlot
Crazy on You
Hangar 18
Institutionalized
Killing in the Name
Mother
Rock This Town
Search and Destroy
Stop
Strutter
Them Bones
Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
War Pigs
Woman
YYZ
Fall of Pangea
Gemini
One for the Road
Raw Dog

Guitar Hero: 80s
Ballroom Blitz
Bang Your Head
Electric Eye
Only a Lad
Radar Love
Play With Me

Guitar Hero III
3's and 7's
Before I Forget
Cliffs of Dover
Knights of Cydonia
Number of the Beast
One
Paranoid
Rock You Like a Hurricane
The Seeker
Number of the Beast
Welcome to the Jungle
Down and Dirty
I'm in the Band
Impulse
In the Belly of a Shark
My Curse
Ernten Was Wir Säen
Any Way You Want It
Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
(We Are) The Road Crew
Motörhead

Favorite songs in Guitar Hero is odd because I love some songs from a listening perspective, but from a gaming perspective they may be too easy or hard, or they may just not translate well into the game. Generally speaking these are all songs that compliment my skill level, I haven't yet FCd them so there's still an impetus to actually play them and they're not too hard that I feel like I'll never get them. If I turned on Guitar Hero right now I'd be perfectly happy jumping right into any of them.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 14:18:03

Guitar Hero
Texas Flood

Guitar Hero II
Free Bird

Guitar Hero III
The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Train Kept a Rollin'

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 14:41:06

At 7/1/08 02:18 PM, Mr-Destruction wrote: Guitar Hero III

Eh, boring song. The solos just don't flow, or fit with the rest of the song.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 15:31:59

At 7/1/08 02:41 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 7/1/08 02:18 PM, Mr-Destruction wrote: Guitar Hero III
Eh, boring song. The solos just don't flow, or fit with the rest of the song.

Me and you fucking owned that song, it's our bitch.

Also I'm not getting Guitar Hero world tour, I'm getting Rock Band 2 as i already have the instruments, it'll be much better, and I'm not forking another £140 for a multi-instrument game.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 17:36:01

At 7/1/08 03:31 PM, DumbassDude wrote: it'll be much better

Oh ho?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-01 17:39:01

At 7/1/08 03:31 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Also I'm not getting Guitar Hero world tour, I'm getting Rock Band 2 as i already have the instruments, it'll be much better, and I'm not forking another £140 for a multi-instrument game.

I'll be buying the game by itself, and only playing the guitar using the one I have already. I don't care for all these other controls.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-02 08:35:45

At 7/1/08 05:39 PM, Mr-Destruction wrote: I'll be buying the game by itself, and only playing the guitar using the one I have already. I don't care for all these other controls.

Might be clubbing together with my girlfriend's family to get Rock Band and then once we've got the instruments, we can play whichever games we like from there.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-02 10:04:47

At 6/30/08 06:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: I don't think I could pick a favourite. Either Paint It Black, Holiday in Cambodia, Even Flow and My Name Is Jonas, depending on how I'm feeling.

Can you believe they got rid of Paint it Black online because people were complaining it was racist? I love that song...

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 13:33:12

holy shit free DLC out, looks like it may be 4th of july only exclusive!

It's the Top Gun theme as done by Steve Ouimette, it takes far too long to break and the solo's too short, but the solo's entertaining enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 13:50:40

At 7/4/08 01:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: holy shit free DLC out, looks like it may be 4th of july only exclusive!

It was out yesterday, so I don't think it's going to be unavailable after today. It's alright, better than the last free one, the God of War one.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 13:56:19

Just got 1000/1000 on GH Aerosmith, the interesting thing is I scored 325,010 on Train Kept Rolling, for the last achievement.

I was like "h0Lee SH1T!"

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 15:24:39

At 7/4/08 01:56 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Just got 1000/1000 on GH Aerosmith

Pssh, if it's not physically impossible to get 1000/1000 on a GH game, they're doing it wrong >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 16:03:49

At 7/4/08 03:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 7/4/08 01:56 PM, DumbassDude wrote: Just got 1000/1000 on GH Aerosmith
Pssh, if it's not physically impossible to get 1000/1000 on a GH game, they're doing it wrong >:(

I'm close on GH3, just no one wants to play co-op with me =(
Plus 750k on a song is just impossible.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-04 17:00:45

At 7/2/08 10:04 AM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 6/30/08 06:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: I don't think I could pick a favourite. Either Paint It Black, Holiday in Cambodia, Even Flow and My Name Is Jonas, depending on how I'm feeling.
Can you believe they got rid of Paint it Black online because people were complaining it was racist? I love that song...

Really. That is pathetic

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-05 14:54:52

I join, i like GH

My site from the video ''Knights at the museum''

www.knightsatthemuseum.webs.com

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-05 16:11:16

Word is bond Top Gun theme tune is up for free download

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-10 19:29:23

So anyway, GH2. I dont know. It's easier than GH3, which I'm not sure about, I mean, I'm stuck on Hanger 18 atm (PLZ ADVISE), whereas on GH3, even with easier Ho/Pos, I just fail miserably at shit like the bridge in before I forget.... idk abuot GH2.... it just hasn't hooked me in like GH3 did.

That said, there still are some awesome tunes that are just so much fun to play on GH2 though. These include: Mother, Search & Destroy, Jessica, Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Coo, YYZ, and a couple of others I can't think of at the moment. And also I haven't really done much in the way of bonus songs yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-10 19:39:24

I've actually picked up GH2 again. I was just really bored of the songs in GH3, and can't do GH1 properly because of the trickier hammer on/pull off system, so I stuck 2 in and started just doing the best stuff on there, and thrashing all my high scores, because when I used to play it I hadn't realised it shows you when you're supposed to hammer on and pull off, and thought you were supposed to just guess, so I never used it. All the "impossible" bits I used to just star power through are suddenly so much easier.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-11 03:00:29

At 7/10/08 07:29 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So anyway, GH2. I dont know. It's easier than GH3, which I'm not sure about, I mean, I'm stuck on Hanger 18 atm (PLZ ADVISE), whereas on GH3, even with easier Ho/Pos, I just fail miserably at shit like the bridge in before I forget.... idk abuot GH2.... it just hasn't hooked me in like gGH3 did.

The bridge in before I forget is bullshit, its not a matter of skill, its a matter of keeping your nerve

plus Hangar 18 is pretty easy too althouh its supposed to be one of the harder songs. There are a couple of hard bits though, try to save up star power for them in ther first half of the song and just power through. the more you play the song the better youll be at the solos

That said, there still are some awesome tunes that are just so much fun to play on GH2 though. These include: Mother, Search & Destroy, Jessica, Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Coo, YYZ, and a couple of others I can't think of at the moment. And also I haven't really done much in the way of bonus songs yet.

I love playing YYZ on bass.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-11 03:25:41

At 7/11/08 03:00 AM, Marsupial wrote: The bridge in before I forget is bullshit, its not a matter of skill, its a matter of keeping your nerve

Yeah, with full starpower, I can get to the end of the bridge, I then just can't combo the last chorus, or get acceptable amounts of hits on the last riff, even though I do fine with them earlier in the song.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-11 04:56:00

At 7/10/08 07:29 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So anyway, GH2. I dont know. It's easier than GH3, which I'm not sure about, I mean, I'm stuck on Hanger 18 atm (PLZ ADVISE), whereas on GH3, even with easier Ho/Pos, I just fail miserably at shit like the bridge in before I forget.... idk abuot GH2.... it just hasn't hooked me in like GH3 did.

Yeah, I played Guitar Hero 2 thinking it was gonna be better, since all the hardcore Guitsr Hero 3 fans think it is, and personally I find the songs boring, besides the obviously good songs like 'Carry on my Wayward son' and 'Freebird'.

Plus it's has a variety of challenging songs that are spread throughout the career, unlike Guitar Hero 3 which blatantly gets harder as you progress, and then bitch slaps you on the last setlist.

I wish they would bring back Freebird to Guitar Hero 3, but of course, Led Zeppelin doesn't like the idea of their songs on these games and they wont accept any more covers.
So there...

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-07-11 20:14:06

At 7/11/08 04:56 AM, DumbassDude wrote: I wish they would bring back Freebird to Guitar Hero 3, but of course, Led Zeppelin doesn't like the idea of their songs on these games and they wont accept any more covers.
So there...

Especially considering Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote Freebird :D

BBS Signature