00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

IronSpider90909 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

92,963 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-24 22:00:07

At 7/24/07 09:21 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I picked up Rocks the 80s today. I know it's a complete ripoff but I couldn't help myself. It's still a ton of fun despite a slightly weaker set list.

So, was it worth the 50 bucks you coughed up? Or do you still feel completely ripped off?

I wanna know, because I'm tempted to just say "fuck it" and get it. Course, I just need some confirmation on whether it lives up to the hype.

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-24 22:35:27

At 7/24/07 10:00 PM, StevensA wrote:
At 7/24/07 09:21 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I picked up Rocks the 80s today. I know it's a complete ripoff but I couldn't help myself. It's still a ton of fun despite a slightly weaker set list.
So, was it worth the 50 bucks you coughed up? Or do you still feel completely ripped off?

I'm enjoying it, but I can't say it was worth the price when I got twice as many songs for the same price last time around. I don't regret buying it though.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-25 00:47:42

Well, it's been a while since i posted, but I beat Expert Mode finally and got my Battle Axe :O

But I've been taking a look at all these custom tracks that people have put into the game, and they're absolutely insane.

I thought Jordan was overwhelming, but after seeing "Eruption" by Van Halen or any of the tracks by Dragonforce, it looks like a piece of cake. If the developers decided to actually make some professional note charts for those songs, then we may have some real challenges on our hands.

IMO, No Boundaries by Michael Angelo Baio, Nottingham Lace by Buckethead, and Cry for Eternity should all be Bonus Tracks in the next game.

If you haven't seen these beasts yet, then go to YouTube and search "Guitar Hero Custom" then the song name.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-25 04:28:29

At 7/24/07 10:35 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 7/24/07 10:00 PM, StevensA wrote:
I'm enjoying it, but I can't say it was worth the price when I got twice as many songs for the same price last time around. I don't regret buying it though.

I'm not a part of the club, but I also got it today, and managed to finish my run on Hard in about three hours. The song list was pretty good in my oppinion. Although I personally wish they had more Characters, and at least ONE keytar.
I do feel somewhat ripped off because it's exactly like GH2 except with less characters, and songs. But if you have $50 to spare, I think it's worth it. The difficulty level seemed to have went up slightly since GH2, but not a great deal. A few more tripple note chords show up in hard than you would see in it's predacessor, but it's nothing that alittle practice can't help. (Pluss i've already beaten Expert in GH2 so it's not that big of a deal for myself)

I'm not sure if this helped you decide Mr. Stevens.

P.S. I would like to join, but I can tell you that I won't be the most regular poster. But General is my true BBS home.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-25 14:52:07

My impressions of Rocks the 80's.

The solos make you go What the Fuck to easy riffs. Especially to Because, It's Midnite by Limozeen. It's like Jordan... but easier to Five Star. I'm saying that because the riffs are fucking easy chords and the solo is like "WHOA MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"

Then comes the overuse of Three Button Chords... especially in What I Like About You. It hurts my hand that song.

I have yet to unlock Play With Me because Seventeen and Caught in a Mosh are being fuckers.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-25 16:47:24

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-25 18:18:09

At 7/25/07 04:47 PM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote: This guy is a god.
http://youtube.com/user/PriestMLH

Of course. Priest has like, magic fingers than are unbelieveably fast and hypnotizing. I hope to one day become as good as he is...

(we can all dream, y'know)

In other news, finally beat Expert and got my Battle Axe for GH2. Now I just need to five star 3 more songs on Hard, and everything else on Expert (list later) and then...beat Jordan. (currently, the farthest I got was 54%)

As for Guitar Hero 80s...maybe if they lowered it to 40 dollars and I MIGHT consider it. (still fucking expensive, but not as bad as 50 dollars...)

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 01:24:39

Hey who here has GH Encore: Rocks the 80's? I got it when it came out (07/24/07) and since now I have 10 songs FCed. lol. Can't wait til GH3 its gonna be online! So sikes. I think encore was so worth $50 even though theres only 30 songs. I was kidna getting sick of the same 64 songs over and over again. Who agrees with me?

GH1 5 stars: 47/47 Goal: 100% 20 Encore Songs [15/20]

GH2 5 stars: 64/64 Goal: Get GH3 The Day It Comes Out.

GH Encore: Rocks the 80's 5 stars: 30/30

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 04:21:35

:So far for me on expert I got 81% on Hangar 18 and I still have a very long way to go with Misirlou. As for Jordan, I can get about 97% or 98% on hard but on expert, I'm about 45% or so.

If u need tips on how to beat Jordan I can help u out. Heres the steps.
1: turn it on hyper speed. It will help alot trust me, (code: OBOYOBOYOBOY ect)
2: go into practice play Solo C on slowest til u get 100%.
3: Switch to slower and get at least 85% a couple times.
4: Practice Solo B on slowest for a bit so u can get the beat down.
5: Go back to solo C and try full speed after all the practice. If u get a 60% or more, u basically got it beat. Just make sure u got solo b around 50% or more in full speed.
6: Make sure to have full SP the first few times finishing the song.

It might take a day or 2 or practice but if ur bored just randomly practice solo c, I think its fun getting all the ho/po's. If u need any help with any other songs. I have stradegy's for alot of them. Just post here or PM me.(PMing me would be best choice.)

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 04:42:48

Here arre my tips on playing Guitar Hero.

1. Never play tired, your eyes won't be able to follow at high speed.
2. Play as far away from the tv as possible, it makes it much easier to follow and even look ahead.
3. Bigger is Better, that is right, a big screen TV makes it easier to see the gaps between notes so that you can know which to hit.
4. Cold fingers don't work, they are way too slow and won't allow you to hold a hammer on, drop-off combo.
5. Shift instead of stretch, your hands should always be on RYBO on Expert for better access and you still need to shift.
6. Don't be afraid to practice, it makes it a whole lot easier since you can choose the section of the song you want to play and slow it down.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 04:53:20

At 7/27/07 04:42 AM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote: Here arre my tips on playing Guitar Hero.

1. Never play tired, your eyes won't be able to follow at high speed.
2. Play as far away from the tv as possible, it makes it much easier to follow and even look ahead.
3. Bigger is Better, that is right, a big screen TV makes it easier to see the gaps between notes so that you can know which to hit.
4. Cold fingers don't work, they are way too slow and won't allow you to hold a hammer on, drop-off combo.
5. Shift instead of stretch, your hands should always be on RYBO on Expert for better access and you still need to shift.
6. Don't be afraid to practice, it makes it a whole lot easier since you can choose the section of the song you want to play and slow it down.

Step 1 isn't true I play the same when tired like right now. The big screen TV thing isn't true as well just use hyper speed. Also I don't use RYBO I only use 3 fingers and only my pink when I need to.
If u haven't mastered the game don't give tips. lol

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 11:52:48

At 7/27/07 04:53 AM, Adikar wrote: Step 1 isn't true I play the same when tired like right now. The big screen TV thing isn't true as well just use hyper speed. Also I don't use RYBO I only use 3 fingers and only my pink when I need to.

The only song I have left to beat is Jordan you asshole. And yess 1 is true and I always use hyper speed. The cheat is OBOYOBOY, not just pushing it randomly. I consider it mastering the game once you beat it on Expert. As soon as I get more 5's I will show you.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 14:57:52

At 7/24/07 10:08 AM, Scarab-Stalk33r wrote: Reviews on Rock the 80s are a little lower than GH2 from what I've read. The main criticisms seem to be not much different from GH2 (a cheap cash in) and an unattractive playlist. Maybe I'll try to rent it sometime or something. Being a 1980s music buff, I might like it.

I still have pretty good hopes for GH3.

It's true, the set list is weaker. It's a lot more pop, glam-rock songs. A little more Flock of Seagulls but no Def Leppard.

!!! Homepage !!! Myspace !!! Alliance !!! Miniman !!! Last.fm !!! Email !!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 18:20:56

hey guys id like to join this club, if i can, please notify me.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:14:36

At 7/27/07 11:52 AM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote:
At 7/27/07 04:53 AM, Adikar wrote: Step 1 isn't true I play the same when tired like right now. The big screen TV thing isn't true as well just use hyper speed. Also I don't use RYBO I only use 3 fingers and only my pink when I need to.
The only song I have left to beat is Jordan you asshole. And yess 1 is true and I always use hyper speed. The cheat is OBOYOBOY, not just pushing it randomly. I consider it mastering the game once you beat it on Expert. As soon as I get more 5's I will show you.

Mastering the game is simply just FCing every song on expert. Hellashes is already on his way lol. on GH2 he already has 61 FC's he needs Jordan Trogdor and Beast of the Harlet. Don't take it personal though I was just kidding. its a GH forum, I go to these to help people out.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:18:54

Who here has already 100% half the set list on GH encore? I have and I'm so proud. Now time to get back to GH2 because I have a tournament August 25th and 26th. Then GH3 comes out the 27th. If I win the tournament I will have enough to buy GH 2 with the new Kramer! YEAH!!! I will also have about $50 extra. Wish me luck please. Remember if u need help on any songs just PM me or post here.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:28:13

I've decided that when I get back home to Illisnois I'm going to pre-order GH3 so that I can get it the first day. Judging by wikipedia it might come out around my birthday.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:30:49

At 7/27/07 09:18 PM, Adikar wrote: Who here has already 100% half the set list on GH encore? I have and I'm so proud.

I've only FC'd three Encore songs and I 100 percent'd I Ran with two overstrums, but I can think of at least six more that I could get right now if I started playing. I just don't have enough free time to get that much pratice. I played like crazy on the day it came out and I had almost worked my way into the top 50 for the game. I've probably been knocked down to less than 200 by now, although there are a few scores I didn't take the time to input.

Since, you've been playing so much I might as well ask. Do HO/POs feel easier to you in Encore. I don't know if the solos are just easier, but it feels like I've been able to get a much longer streaks in section that require all HO/POs.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:33:48

At 7/27/07 09:28 PM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote: I've decided that when I get back home to Illisnois I'm going to pre-order GH3 so that I can get it the first day. Judging by wikipedia it might come out around my birthday.

I'm pretty sure they were saying its coming out August 27th. thats why I think its awesome that the tournament is 2 days before so I can wait til 12am at miejers and buy it right when it comes out then beat it like what I did with encore. Kramer Guitar looks SWEET! I heard there having Through Fire and Flames. its by Dragonforce. Hope u get GH3 on ur birthday.

Helping all GH fans,
Adikar

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:48:33

At 7/27/07 09:30 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 7/27/07 09:18 PM, Adikar wrote: Who here has already 100% half the set list on GH encore? I have and I'm so proud.
I've only FC'd three Encore songs and I 100 percent'd I Ran with two overstrums, but I can think of at least six more that I could get right now if I started playing. I just don't have enough free time to get that much pratice. I played like crazy on the day it came out and I had almost worked my way into the top 50 for the game. I've probably been knocked down to less than 200 by now, although there are a few scores I didn't take the time to input.

Since, you've been playing so much I might as well ask. Do HO/POs feel easier to you in Encore. I don't know if the solos are just easier, but it feels like I've been able to get a much longer streaks in section that require all HO/POs.

Well if u want more FC's/100%'s heres a list of easiest to hardest to do so:
1: We got the beat
2: Heat of the moment
3: Shakin'
4: I ran(so far away)
5 and 6: Balls to the wall or 18 and life
7: Only a Lad
8: The Warrior
9: Turning Japanese
10: Police Truck
11: Los Angeles
12: Lonely is the night
13: Hold on loosely
14: What I like about you (hard if u suck at trips)
15: Synchronicity II
16: (Bang Your Head)Metal Health
17: Bathroom Wall
18: Holy Diver
19: Radar Love
20: No One Like You
21: BallRoom Blitz
22: I wanna Rock
23: WrathChild
24: Ain't Nothing But a Good Time
25: Seventeen
26: Round and Round
27: Caught in a Mosh
28: Play With Me
29: Eletric Eye
30: Because, Its Midnite

Thats my opinion to Difficulty of the songs of 100% them. If u think theres any mistakes. PM me or post here. Hope this helps a bit.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 21:51:24

Sorry for got to answer but no I think the songs are just more fun and u get into it and just hammer it up lol. I thought it was easier too then just thought the songs were easier.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-27 23:15:01

At 7/27/07 11:02 PM, TECh2o wrote: You got any tips on how to FC or at least 5 star most or all of the expert songs?

hmm, there really are no tips basically practice it in practice mode and for alot more points Go Here for Star Power Routes. Shows best way to get most points in a song. Make sure u have 4X going into SP and 8X getting out.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 00:56:25

At 7/28/07 12:48 AM, TECh2o wrote:
At 7/27/07 11:15 PM, Adikar wrote: hmm, there really are no tips basically practice it in practice mode and for alot more points Go Here for Star Power Routes. Shows best way to get most points in a song. Make sure u have 4X going into SP and 8X getting out.
Wow thats very helpful thanks!

NP, if u can't beat free bird go back through all the songs and five star them with the SP route. and then try free bird after all that. Also its best to Practice Solo C, I, J, and the end wakery just in case.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 02:10:55

Im only 7 songs away from mah Smelly Log.
Fuck Trooper, Rock This Town, Psychobilly, BATH (Actually only fell like 5k short), CMH, Institutionalized, and Misirlou.
The 80's edition solos are great practice BTW, It helped me drop from 15.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 13:40:25

At 7/28/07 02:10 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Im only 7 songs away from mah Smelly Log.
Fuck Trooper, Rock This Town, Psychobilly, BATH (Actually only fell like 5k short), CMH, Institutionalized, and Misirlou.

I don't have the 360 version so I can't help u with The Trooper.

Phychobilly freakout: Get the intro down and follow the SP route that I linked to everyone on this page in the forums.

Rock This Town: Isn't hard at all, jjust have to move ur hands fast and follow the rhythm.

Beast and the harlot: Thats a really easy song to 5*, just go in practice mode and get the verse and chorus down.

Carry Me Home: Thats ones a bit hard my last 5*, u must use the SP route and have the intro down. Don't use the SP when ur multiplyer isn't 4x.

Institutionalized, u have to get it when it goes fast and use SP during the GR chords and YB chords and must not miss so u keep ur x8 multiplyer.

Misirlou, I basically got lucky on my first time. basically u have to try to keep the longest combo as possible, practice mode also helps.

If u need any more just ask.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 15:27:00

At 8/29/06 11:22 PM, Backseat-Mod wrote: Here's a club for all those Guitar Hero addicts out there.

Come here to discuss your favourite songs, characters, guitars, skins, bonus songs, or whatever!

Rules

%u2022 No spamming

%u2022 You must own a copy of Guitar Hero, and play it.

That's pretty much it.

Here's some links for Guitar Hero fanatics:

Official US Website
Official UK Website
Score Hero - A Guitar Hero score keeping site
Official Guitar Hero forums

And that's it! Feel free to join.

thanks i would love to join . my brother has guitar hero too. but he has both of them . it really fun . he always plays on expert and i always play on easy because i am just a beginner. type back

~~~ chicky13

Guitar Hero Gang

Chicky13</strong>

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 18:11:33

A while back on Paltalk, I played some Guitar Hero songs and added some "humourous" alternate lyrics. It was a Friday (or maybe Saturday) so no one was there. I might record these soon, and if I do I'll post them here :)

The lyrics were made up on the spot.

Version include: "Rock This BBS" "Women" "Bans on the BBS" and "Hey Wade" , the latter being a version of Heart Shaped Box.

I'm so very sad...

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-28 18:13:19

At 7/28/07 01:40 PM, Adikar wrote: ...

Just took BATH and CMH.
5 left...

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-29 00:44:40

Nice, try to FC We got the beat and I ran(so far away). Good luck with the encore, Play With Me.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-07-29 02:27:14

At 7/28/07 02:10 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Im only 7 songs away from mah Smelly Log.

Gahhh, Misirlou is so annoying, its not even hard its just so freakin' short that missing like 5 notes is worthy of giving you 4 stars...

Misirlou

Hmm. I see.

BBS Signature