00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,262 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-14 20:50:21

At 3/14/08 05:27 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: My xbox red ringed today.

I have no idea why.

So I'm without it for x amount of time...

When it does that does microsoft give you another one?

darcness1 sez: Newgrounds moderators scare small children.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-15 07:45:48

I've been abusing my xbox (leaving it running for 24h plus, etc, etc) for 11 months now, not a single red ring, except the one you get when the video cable's plugged in wonky.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-15 12:50:09

At 3/15/08 12:48 PM, Gooch wrote: Goddamnit, I tried to download the Dropkick Murphys pack last night, and it said it was only available to Xbox Live Gold Members (I'm silver, of course, because I can't afford to re-up to gold right now). I felt like somebody had kicked me dead center in the nuts when I saw that message on my TV screen.

At least you've got the chance to get it, it's still not on the UK PSN. No doubt we'll get it next Thursday, when everyone else is already bored of it.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-15 13:10:55

At 3/15/08 12:48 PM, Gooch wrote: Goddamnit, I tried to download the Dropkick Murphys pack last night, and it said it was only available to Xbox Live Gold Members (I'm silver, of course, because I can't afford to re-up to gold right now). I felt like somebody had kicked me dead center in the nuts when I saw that message on my TV screen.

I can send you a 2 day gold trial code if you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-15 13:28:14

At 3/15/08 01:14 PM, Gooch wrote:
At 3/15/08 01:10 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
I can send you a 2 day gold trial code if you want.
That would be pretty damn sweet if you could, BBM. :)

check your PMs :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-15 23:55:39

Finally beat expert, woo.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-16 19:22:50

does anyone know when anything downloadable for the PC will become available... and also in other news im on the last section on medium and i have to either fight my way through raining blood or go through the relaxed intro bit of One and then fail the moment the solo hits... fun, so i got pissed off and went back and got 5 stars on most of the tracks on easy

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-16 19:39:59

At 3/16/08 07:22 PM, Charon wrote: does anyone know when anything downloadable for the PC will become available...

dude you can just download custom tracks easy as pie, why are you complaining?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-16 19:46:59

At 3/16/08 07:39 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: dude you can just download custom tracks easy as pie, why are you complaining?

woops i didnt even realise that was possible, got any sources for custom tracks or is there anything else i need to download to make it possible to use them etc?

Minion of the Metal Hell

Last.fm/Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-18 19:30:14

I can beat through the fire and flames on the PS2.

I can't get further than 1% into the intro at my house, on the 360. No one believes I beat it, because my friend has a god damned PS2.

I'm playing this intro exactly the way I did at my friends, and it's still getting me fucking nowhere. Anyone know the difference between these 2 systems that I can win on PS2 and not here? Is the Wireless guitar giving me problems? Because It doesn't do that for any other song.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-19 07:26:27

i beat through fire and flames on expert on the PS2, its not that hard to comprehend

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects that Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-19 10:54:46

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-19 16:22:19

At 3/19/08 03:29 PM, Hycran wrote:
At 3/19/08 10:54 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Guitar Hero Beatles a possibility.
Because the beatles have so many thrilling guitar solos...
this just goes to show how little it is about guitars now.

That's exactly why I can't take the rumor seriously. There's only a handful of Beatles songs that would work in Guitar Hero and I can't imagine that any of them would be beyond the third tier. Besides, they'd have to get both Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Zombie George Harrison (and we all know what a recluse that guy is) involved with the game to make it somewhat as well produced as the Aerosmith version seems to be and I don't see that happening. I'm much prefer a Beatles DLC pack.

On another note, jercur, i've noticed that all of your scores are higher than mine on songs i dont play =/ i was wondering why you were so far ahead of me in score! You have a lot more giant point gaps on higher yield songs, so i might have to play outside the box here to catch up :)

I've always figured you could top my score if you put the same effort into the upper tier songs that you have on some of your FCs. By the way, what's your Score Hero account? I know I've seen it, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-19 16:39:57

They need to put Helter Skelter up as DLC, then I'll die happy.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-19 18:18:46

At 3/12/08 05:58 PM, Black-Flame wrote:
At 3/12/08 05:03 PM, DumbassDude wrote: I just beat this on expert last night after looking for endless tips on how to be One and Raining Blood.
You liar! You paid a friend to get the achievements for you!

You stalk me, dont you?

Anyway I beat it on expert by myself actually, also I just yesterday completed Guitar Hero 2 on expert, only song that gave me trouble was Freebird.

Also, Jordan is a bitch of a song!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 15:02:33

Snagged an easy FC today with Barracuda. I don't know why I was never compelled to do it since it's a cake-walk. I also figured reFC Story of my life since it shouldn't be hard to get 25,000 more points over my standing high score. Of course "shouldn't" is the important word there as I forgot how frustrating that song is. It's so easy yet so boring that I just can't stay focused and the -1s kept racking up. Worst song in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 15:03:43

STILL no Dropkicks pack on UK Playstation Store.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 19:09:03

Finally completed Slash's battle on expert, now stuck on Black Sunshine. It doesn't help that I hate playing it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 19:20:22

I reckon I'll beat Lou on Hard soon. I've came close a couple of times now. I just have to get lucky and hope he doesn't get power ups I particularly dislike (FUCK YOU LEFTY FLIP).

At 3/20/08 07:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Finally completed Slash's battle on expert, now stuck on Black Sunshine.

I'm stuck on The Metal on expert. It looks deceptively easy, but I can't even get 1/4 of the way into it.

It doesn't help that I hate playing it.

I hate when that happens. I remember having only Institutionalised left on Guitar Hero II, and hating every try at doing it. It's such an awful song.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 20:05:30

Ill join. Right now im stuck on One on Expert. Anyone have any tips for getting through the Fast Solo sections?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 20:39:54

At 3/20/08 07:20 PM, TheMaster wrote: I reckon I'll beat Lou on Hard soon. I've came close a couple of times now. I just have to get lucky and hope he doesn't get power ups I particularly dislike (FUCK YOU LEFTY FLIP).

I just took my wall mirror off my wall, and put it on my chair, and stood so I could see both the screen, and if needs be, the mirror. It reflects it, and hence left flip looks normal.

At 3/20/08 07:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Finally completed Slash's battle on expert, now stuck on Black Sunshine.
I'm stuck on The Metal on expert. It looks deceptively easy, but I can't even get 1/4 of the way into it.

I played it obsessively on the GH3 demo on my controller on hard (even five starring it), so it wasn't that hard for me. Plus I love hammer ons (one of the reasons why I hate black sunshine) Only took me a couple of practices of the awkward middle 8th and I sailed through The Metal, I reckon I could fairly easily four star it too.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 22:12:25

Does anyone have any tips on how I might get through a fast hammer-on solo such as "Gtr Solo C" on Them Bones? Same goes for one of the solos in Search and Destroy and "Gtr Solo i" in Free Bird. I can easily 5-star the songs, but it frustrates me that I can't seem to hit the solos at all.

Also, I've 5-starred everything up to the 8th set on GH3. Number of the Beast and Cliffs of Dover should be no problem, and I can probably get One with practice. Raining Blood though, forget that for now.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-20 23:40:21

431k on the tltb the other day. I don't think I ever mentioned that here. <.<

Only institutionalized is left as a possible 7 star now. I doubt it'll be hard though. Only need like 380k. I should get it after i get back

darcness1 sez: Newgrounds moderators scare small children.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 10:14:05

At 3/20/08 08:05 PM, Fire wrote: Ill join. Right now im stuck on One on Expert. Anyone have any tips for getting through the Fast Solo sections?

a full bar of SP will last you 8 measures, One's Fast Solo A is 6 measures

so....yeah

quick update, im 160th on PS2X now, and around 400th on the Global Rankings, not bad i suppose, but i NEED to 4* TTFAF, my only expert non-5*...and its not even 4 stars yet...sucks :(

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 11:50:34

I've had a Guitar Hero-irific day today. Showed off on GH3 in both HMV and GAME, 5-staring Holiday in Cambodia and Schools Out (GAME only had up to the second set unlocked) on expert in front of people who'd been playing medium, and then bought a second hand GH1 controller for £7.99.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 14:46:15

At 3/21/08 02:40 PM, Hycran wrote: You didnt fc it schools out? cmon now!
also, holiday in cambodia, greatest song in the game

I had a massive coat on, and it was on the 360 controller which I'm unfamiliar with!

WHO AM I KIDDING, I'M A FAILURE AT LIFE.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 15:31:21

I've hit the big number three oh in FCs. I was going for In the Belly of a Shark, but I kept messing up so and work was drawing near so I figured I'd give another song one shot before I got ready to leave. So I loaded up Prayer of the Refugee and prepared myself for the many likely mistakes. For whatever reason I suck at Prayer of the Refugee, I hit 320k a while back and I can't for the life of me beat it. Well, that is to say I couldn't beat it. I guess I had a case of the "jesus fingers" and I not only nailed it, but had a decent SP to boot. Here's to thirty more Guitar Hero FCs.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 19:17:54

Just been playing some Co-op GH2 and multiplayer GH1 with my brother. I've gotten well shit, I've been getting 4-stars on stuff I used to consistently 5-star, and even FC. Getting 4-stars on Ziggy Stardust, which I used to be ace at, has ruined my day.

I can't tell what it is, but there's something very different between the PS2 and PS3 controllers. Either that, or the game itself. I went smoothly from GH1 to GH2 when it came out, but it took me a while to get into 3, and now that I am into it, I can't do 1 and 2 anymore :S

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-21 22:13:21

Well, today was fun. LongBox came over for a while and we managed to 5-star Beast and the Harlot, Misirlou, and Push Push on co-op.

As for right now, the only thing I'm stuck on is Raining Blood on expert. I can pass it, I'm just aiming for a 5-star score, which is proving to be quite frustrating.

Also, I need some help with some of the tougher hammer-on solos. To know what I'm talking about, refer to LongBox's question on the previous page.

That's all. How are you all doing today?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2008-03-23 14:49:35

Beat Hard, finally. Going to start doing some FCs, since I can't do The Metal on Expert. So far I've just done one, When You Were Young.

Anyway, I've set my younger brother to work doing Medium for me, since it's too tedious, but it's at his level.

BBS Signature