00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,586 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-20 18:30:51

At 5/20/07 04:22 AM, Sidorio wrote: I had a dream about that episode where the sun was alive and an asian man was heading towards it in a ball thing. Then the sun saved him by making the spot he was heading to not hot. But he still died.

Hahahahahahahaha...

Asians

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-21 12:24:30

Anyone notice the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy theme playing just after Martha hugs The Doctor at the end of the episode (during the 42nd minute)?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-21 15:14:21

At 5/19/07 03:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: I prefer two parters if they're good, but I don't like the premise of this one. Besides, I've been viewing every episode so far as filler. The only episodes I'm interested in are Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and Last of the Timelords. Everything else isn't important.

By the way, we've got one of them shite 'Love and Monsters' type episode after the two parter. Thankfully the one after that is the return of Captain Jack.

Yeah, Love and Mosters made no f***ing sense and my Dad watched it with me, saying it was "a real anticlimax".
As for the two parter, it is set in 1913, just before the First World War. It features "Jack Straws", which are living scarecrows, and "the family of blood." See youtube for more information.
I might miss some of the second part as I'll be coming home from my house in France, but if I'm lucky I'll get to my Grandparents in time.

At 5/20/07 06:30 PM, TheDoctor wrote: Hahahahahahahaha...
Asians

I dunno what's particularly funny but what the hell.
Hahahaha....

At 5/20/07 04:22 AM, Sidorio wrote: I had a dream about that episode where the sun was alive and an asian man was heading towards it in a ball thing. Then the sun saved him by making the spot he was heading to not hot. But he still died.

Yeah, I think it depends what age you are and what you've done recently that affects your dreams. For example, if you watched "Shaun of the Dead" you could have nightmares that zombies ate your brain out.

At 5/21/07 12:24 PM, TheMaster wrote: Anyone notice the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy theme playing just after Martha hugs The Doctor at the end of the episode (during the 42nd minute)?

I didn't actually.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-21 15:36:29

At 5/21/07 03:14 PM, nemesis646 wrote: As for the two parter, it is set in 1913, just before the First World War. It features "Jack Straws", which are living scarecrows, and "the family of blood." See youtube for more information.

It's a remake of a 7th Doctor book, although it has been said the plot will differ slightly.

In the book, The Doctor gives up his Timelord physiology when some other race is trying to steal it. He becomes human and loses his memories. He falls in love and marries a woman named Joan, this is obviously where the rumours of The Doctor getting married came from, and refuses to accept that he is a Timelord. He eventually sacrifices himself to save people, which causes him to revert back to being his usual self, at which point he regains his memories and saves the world. Back in his Timelord for, he can't love Joan like he did as a human, and has the leave her.

I'd imagine the episode will follow the same basic story line.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-22 18:45:52

At 5/19/07 01:25 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/19/07 01:21 PM, Abyssus wrote: Almost the new episode, forty minutes here. I can't wait.
By the way, are you an admin in this club TheMaster?
What? TheThing started the club, if that's what you mean. I don't see how a club could HAVE an admin. It's not like a normal user has any power over the thread.

Yeah, I just kind of make sure everyone is on topic, and update the member list every once in a while. I have to wait a day or two to catch up on Doctor Who anyway, me being in America and all and having to get my episodes from TV links.

Speaking of which, I'm just about caught up; Just have to watch 42 tonight, or maybe tomorrow, and I'm good. Finally, I can be in the conversations!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 12:57:53

At 5/19/07 12:01 PM, BlueDalek wrote: RWAAAARAGH!!! BlueDalek Angry! BlueDalek smash! If they cancel Doctor who because of the FA cup final I'll walk into the BBC offices and wring everyone's neck.
Whoop-de-doo. Nobody cares if you do. Uh, maybe the police.

I care, it means one of my favorite programmes is canceled to watch some people kick a ball up and down a pitch, most of us would care I hate it when Doctor Who gets canceled. Sorry about me not posting much guys, my computer is fucking seriously bad, I might consider getting a new one, also next episode looks pretty good Scare Crow zombies look alright I'm interested how the plot will turn out though as it looked quite confusing, I thought the people that shouted ''BURN WITH ME!'' would be related with ''The Beast'' off the episodes ''Impossible Planet'' and ''Satans Pit'' I guess I was proved wrong.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 14:48:45

At 5/23/07 12:57 PM, Zzwick wrote: I thought the people that shouted ''BURN WITH ME!'' would be related with ''The Beast'' off the episodes ''Impossible Planet'' and ''Satans Pit'' I guess I was proved wrong.

The thought crossed my mind as well. I think I'd have liked the episode better if they had been, I'd like to see a recurring villain from the new series, but only if it's a good one, like The Beast.

Also, I've heard that "The Lazarus Experiment" is going to be linked with the final episode. The way I'm thinking is that if Mr Saxon is the Master, which I'm pretty much convinced he is, that he was funding the experiment because of his inability to regenerate since he doesn't have a Timelord body.

Although, I suppose that would be a bit contradictory, since he'll have to have regenerated since Torchwood anyway. Although, I suppose he could have stolen the body of a real Mr Saxon, since he's stolen, or tried to steal bodies on numerous occasions.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 17:06:20

At 5/23/07 02:48 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/23/07 12:57 PM, Zzwick wrote: I thought the people that shouted ''BURN WITH ME!'' would be related with ''The Beast'' off the episodes ''Impossible Planet'' and ''Satans Pit'' I guess I was proved wrong.
The thought crossed my mind as well. I think I'd have liked the episode better if they had been, I'd like to see a recurring villain from the new series, but only if it's a good one, like The Beast.

The Beast would make a good recurring villain, as there would be and excuse because he is a...... God and would have good reason to survive, unlike the Daleks same excuse over and over again.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 17:18:40

dont get me started about the daleks. theres only one left now, but it'll still last forever. Next thing you know he'll have found another Timelord prison with yet more daleks, or davros frozen from the past or something...

I think they should move onto new original monsters, rather than staying with wheely-bins from the 70s.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 17:51:30

At 5/23/07 05:18 PM, Marcellius wrote: dont get me started about the daleks. theres only one left now, but it'll still last forever. Next thing you know he'll have found another Timelord prison with yet more daleks, or davros frozen from the past or something...

Davros could return at any time, as it was left ambiguous as to whether he escaped the exploding spaceship in Remembrance of the Daleks.

I think they should move onto new original monsters

I want Ice Warriors, Wirrn and The Master, who I hope we'll be getting at the end of this series, before they go trying to make their own recurring villains. I mean, the closest they got so far were the Slitheen, and they were terrible.

I don't really view the new series as part of the same programme. It feels more like a remake to me. Probably because of how much TV has changed during the time it was off the air. Don't get me wrong though, I still like it.

rather than staying with wheely-bins from the 70s.

*60s

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 18:36:21

Can i join?
Anyway, the biggest reason i had for posting here was to tell you that MISTER SAXON is an anagram of MASTER NO SIX how do you like that!?

Plus, Theres a wierd proffesor ment to be linked with the master in the episode 'Utopia'

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-23 19:15:10

At 5/23/07 06:36 PM, ifsey wrote: Can i join?
Anyway, the biggest reason i had for posting here was to tell you that MISTER SAXON is an anagram of MASTER NO SIX how do you like that!?

Plus, Theres a wierd proffesor ment to be linked with the master in the episode 'Utopia'

Yes, yes, we know. The Sun said that The Professor with be revealed to be The Master at the end of Utopia when he regenerates. The Sun aren't always reliable, though.

As for Master No Six, that's probably pure coincidence, or something that wont be mentioned on screen, and is just for the fans. After all, it would only be the sixth on screen Master, not the sixth Master as far as the actual character is concerned.

I think the fact that early scripts referred to him as "Mr Axon" is far more significant, since The Master appeared in the episode that featured the Axons.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-24 02:08:01

At 5/23/07 12:57 PM, Zzwick wrote: I care, it means one of my favorite programmes is canceled to watch some people kick a ball up and down a pitch, most of us would care I hate it when Doctor Who gets canceled.

I know what you mean but what I meant is I don't want somebody from here going on a killing spree, and then NG will just get worse media.

At 5/23/07 07:15 PM, TheMaster wrote: I think the fact that early scripts referred to him as "Mr Axon" is far more significant, since The Master appeared in the episode that featured the Axons.

Axons? That is scary... I only saw a brief clip of that. Couldn't you just kill them with a rocket launcher like the parallel Cybermen?

At 5/23/07 06:36 PM, ifsey wrote: Can i join?

If you're going to post here, post properly. Don't double post here, and try to improve your grammar.
I already posted the fact that MISTER SAXON is an anagram of MASTER NO SIX. I feel you're right there, as the "weird professor" would be number five.

At 5/23/07 05:18 PM, Marcellius wrote: I think they should move onto new original monsters, rather than staying with wheely-bins from the 70s.

Firstly, the Daleks have virtually embedded themselves into Doctor Who. Killing them off would be a very drastic thing and it would kill off billions of viewers worldwide.
As for original monsters, the Slitheen, the Editor, Cassandra, a werewolf, and not just some model like the 1980s version, the Carrionite, Lazarus, Plasmavore, the Krillitanes, Beast, and the plague carriers. You don't call that original?

At 5/23/07 05:06 PM, Zzwick wrote: The Beast would make a good recurring villain, as there would be and excuse because he is a...... God and would have good reason to survive, unlike the Daleks same excuse over and over again.

Well, it's certainly a good idea, although I think it would take a really good writer to do it.

At 5/23/07 02:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: Although, I suppose that would be a bit contradictory, since he'll have to have regenerated since Torchwood anyway. Although, I suppose he could have stolen the body of a real Mr Saxon, since he's stolen, or tried to steal bodies on numerous occasions.

Yeah, he stole the body of a Trakken person, and then he stole a human body.
But the Master has survived death before. He survived burning, an attack from a T-rex, and several more events, but I've only seen a few of the old episodes.
In my opinion, they should make "Mr Saxon" a recurring character who pops up once a series or something.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-24 02:19:06

Firstly, the Daleks have virtually embedded themselves into Doctor Who. Killing them off would be a very drastic thing and it would kill off billions of viewers worldwide.
As for original monsters, the Slitheen, the Editor, Cassandra, a werewolf, and not just some model like the 1980s version, the Carrionite, Lazarus, Plasmavore, the Krillitanes, Beast, and the plague carriers. You don't call that original?

Billions?
It would not be that much, I doubt that many watch Doctor Who. And it's not the fact that some aren't original, it's just they're always being used.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 02:20:55

At 5/19/07 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote: I heard somewhere the next episode will involve the Doctor giving up his status as a Timelord and becoming human, or at least forgetting he was a Timelord. Although, I suppose the two hearts thing would make the second one kind of impossible.

No, he'll give up his physiology (or I think that's what it's called at any rate), not his status. That means he will only have one heart and his IQ will be more human standard. Possibly his IQ will be above average, or high, but I think he will forget everything he knows (or knew) as a Time Lord.

At 5/19/07 01:21 PM, Abyssus wrote: Almost the new episode, forty minutes here. I can't wait.

There is no such thing as a club admin. Did you even read the thing for forum n00bs?

At 5/19/07 03:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: I prefer two parters if they're good, but I don't like the premise of this one. Besides, I've been viewing every episode so far as filler. The only episodes I'm interested in are Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and Last of the Timelords. Everything else isn't important.

Well, I liked the Daleks, and in my opinion, they were the 3rd best episode. 2nd will probably be Utopia, and 1st will be The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords.

At 5/20/07 04:22 AM, Sidorio wrote: I had a dream about that episode where the sun was alive and an asian man was heading towards it in a ball thing.

They're called escape pods.

At 5/21/07 03:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'd imagine the episode will follow the same basic story line.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I only read about one or two 8th Doctor adventures.

At 5/24/07 02:19 AM, Sidorio wrote: Billions?
It would not be that much, I doubt that many watch Doctor Who. And it's not the fact that some aren't original, it's just they're always being used.

OK, maybe not billions, but quite a lot.

Well, I have to go now. Games Workshop are hosting the White Dwarf 30th anniversary and it opens at 9am here in the UK for subscribers of White Dwarf (which is me) so I have to get ready.
Also, please do not PM me or respond to my posts as I am going on holiday to France until Sunday next week.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 05:19:46

At 5/24/07 02:19 AM, Sidorio wrote:
Billions?

You kill off the Daleks and you kill off hlaf of the Doctors fanbase, when I watched the preveiw for one of the episodes I was disappointed, and then a Dalek came up and well...That made it up.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 05:45:42

There is no such thing as a club admin. Did you even read the thing for forum n00bs?

There are so many nasty things I could have said to you then, but I chose not to. I'm too nice. Also, new episode today. Doesn't look great, but I've been wrong for the others.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 05:50:44

At 5/26/07 05:45 AM, Sidorio wrote:
There are so many nasty things I could have said to you then, but I chose not to. I'm too nice. Also, new episode today. Doesn't look great, but I've been wrong for the others.

I was trying to ask if he had power in this club, you know? Can decide who is in and who is out? I'm not that much of a dip-shit.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 06:35:53

At 5/26/07 02:20 AM, nemesis646 wrote: No, he'll give up his physiology (or I think that's what it's called at any rate), not his status. That means he will only have one heart and his IQ will be more human standard. Possibly his IQ will be above average, or high, but I think he will forget everything he knows (or knew) as a Time Lord.

That's what I meant, I just couldn't think of the word, thus the "and becoming human" part.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 06:58:53

I was trying to ask if he had power in this club, you know? Can decide who is in and who is out? I'm not that much of a dip-shit.

I was referring to nemesis646 and some of his earlier posts in the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 14:46:38

This episode is quite nice, I've yet to say "Come on, that would never happen."

Not enough explosions though.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 14:58:11

For fucks sake, what an episode. And what a fucking hanger, I cannot wait the next episode now. Awesome plot-line.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 15:00:31

Excellent episode, especially as I was expecting it to be shite. Loved the simplicity of it, and the fact the aliens didn't have any mental powers, just body snatching and laser guns.

Looks like the next episode will be the cause of that rumour that said The Doctor will have a son, and if those kids seen with him in the trailer all his, it looks like it'll be set over a considerable period of time.

Also, I would bet money that the kid who has the watch will save the world some how, or at least be the one to get The Doctor out the predicament he'd gotten himself into at the end of the episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 15:02:44

At 5/26/07 03:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Excellent episode, especially as I was expecting it to be shite. Loved the simplicity of it, and the fact the aliens didn't have any mental powers, just body snatching and laser guns.

Couldn't agree more, it was simple, yet so deep. Took me a few minutes to reliese what was going on.

Looks like the next episode will be the cause of that rumour that said The Doctor will have a son, and if those kids seen with him in the trailer all his, it looks like it'll be set over a considerable period of time.

I never heard that rumour, what a twist. I liked that kid, but I don't want to see him in all the other episodes.

Also, I would bet money that the kid who has the watch will save the world some how, or at least be the one to get The Doctor out the predicament he'd gotten himself into at the end of the episode.

I reckon he will sacrifice himself, a way to kill him off cleanly.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 15:07:58

At 5/26/07 03:02 PM, Abyssus wrote: I reckon he will sacrifice himself, a way to kill him off cleanly.

There was the bit where Martha ran into him, and it flashed to being in modern times for a second. Plus, he saw himself in the war, so killing him would make that impossible.

Besides, kids don't die on TV.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 15:31:11

At 5/26/07 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/26/07 03:02 PM, Abyssus wrote: I reckon he will sacrifice himself, a way to kill him off cleanly.
There was the bit where Martha ran into him, and it flashed to being in modern times for a second. Plus, he saw himself in the war, so killing him would make that impossible.

I think he's partly the Doctor. How that works, I have no idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-26 16:17:51

At 5/26/07 03:31 PM, Sidorio wrote:
At 5/26/07 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote:
I think he's partly the Doctor. How that works, I have no idea.

You mean like The Watcher? I suppose that could be true.

Actually, speaking of The Watcher, did he actually have any purpose, other than to make you think he was the baddie, and to give Baker a posher regeneration? Was reason for existing ever stated on TV?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-27 09:00:47

I loved it too, but I think that the kid with the watch is the Doctors son, he seems to ''know'' a lot more than the average human, although it would create some kind of weird paradox type thing. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-27 09:07:31

Every club works differently, in some clubs there is a sort of ''Club Admin''
So please stop calling people n00bs when you don't really know what your talking about.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-27 10:55:08

I watched last night's episode and I was left with far too many questions for my liking. For example:

***Spoiler Alert!***
Tim Lattimer, who stole the watch obviously has quite some part to play in next week's episode. Right now, he's keeping the Doctor Safe, as no-one knows where the watch is, except him. He said early on that he's got some sort of sixth sense about guessing the correct answers to things just before they are about to happen etc. Human, talented, or some other explanation?

Did I see the Doctor having a human child with Matron next week? Will this affect the Doctor (Yes, obviously) and how?

What exactly are the Family and are the Scarecrows just some sort of animation, or are they just the scrotes who drew the short straws, when it came to posession roulette?

Discuss

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature