00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,382 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 15:36:29

Can't wait for Saturday. I have no idea what it will be like but I'm looking forward to it.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 15:41:31

At 5/17/07 03:36 PM, Sidorio wrote: Can't wait for Saturday. I have no idea what it will be like but I'm looking forward to it.

It's been described as being similar to The Satan Pit in visual terms by one of the creators, I forget who.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 15:48:02

I missed last Saturdays episode, can someone fill me in on what happened, or *nudge, nudge*, give me link?
Also, whats on the new one?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 15:51:51

At 5/17/07 03:48 PM, Abyssus wrote: I missed last Saturdays episode, can someone fill me in on what happened, or *nudge, nudge*, give me link?

Wasn't one on last Saturday :P

The next one is about The Doctor and Martha ending up on a spaceship that's heading for a star, and they have 42 minutes to stop it. It's set in real time, in the same way 24 is. It's also apparently going to have a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, too. Fitting, since towel day is so soon from now.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 15:54:26

At 5/17/07 03:51 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/17/07 03:48 PM, Abyssus wrote: I missed last Saturdays episode, can someone fill me in on what happened, or *nudge, nudge*, give me link?
Wasn't one on last Saturday :P

Ah, yeah. I meant the one before that, with the giant spider thing. I was at a barbecue and forgot all about it until jsut before it started.

The next one is about The Doctor and Martha ending up on a spaceship that's heading for a star, and they have 42 minutes to stop it. It's set in real time, in the same way 24 is. It's also apparently going to have a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, too. Fitting, since towel day is so soon from now.

Sweet! Can't wait.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 16:02:37

At 5/17/07 03:54 PM, Abyssus wrote: Ah, yeah. I meant the one before that, with the giant spider thing. I was at a barbecue and forgot all about it until jsut before it started.

The Doctor took Martha home, and said goodbye whilst a TV in the background talked about how Dr Lazarus was going to 'chance what it means to be human.' The Doctor left, the returned a few seconds later after realising what had been said on the TV.

The Doctor and Martha go to Dr Lazarus's demonstration, where The Doctor is introduced to Martha's family. Her mother takes an instant disliking to him, and throughout the episode a character credited as "Mysterious Man" keeps poisoning her against him.

Dr Lazarus uses a machine to de-age himself, becoming a young man again. However, the process was unstable, and he mutates and begins to need to consume people. He chases everyone about his lab for a bit, then his seemingly killed by his own machine after the Doctor 'reverses the polarity' of it. He reverts to human form.

His 'dead' body is loaded into a ambulance, and taken away. However, he awakens, and mutates again, fleeing into a church. The Doctor, Martha and Martha's Sister follow him. Martha and her sister lead him to the top of the church tower, and keep him occupied, while the Doctor plays the organ loud enough to make him fall, killing him.

Back at Martha's flat, The Doctor agrees to take Martha on as a partner, rather than a passenger, and they disapear in the TARDIS. Martha's phone rings, and the answering machine picks it up. Martha's mother is heard warning Martha that she isn't safe with The Doctor, obviously after what the mysterious man had told her.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 16:07:51

At 5/17/07 04:02 PM, TheMaster wrote:

Wow, thanks. So the main cliff-hanger is who the mysterious man is? Any ideas?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 16:17:16

***SPOILER ALERT***

At 5/17/07 04:07 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 5/17/07 04:02 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Wow, thanks. So the main cliff-hanger is who the mysterious man is? Any ideas?

Mr. Saxon is the mysterious person who is eluded to here. There is a lot of speculation that he is the next incarnation of The Master.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 16:18:32

At 5/17/07 04:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Mr. Saxon is the mysterious person who is eluded to here. There is a lot of speculation that he is the next incarnation of The Master.

Nah, the person credited as mysterious man was just the one who kept talking to Martha's mother throughout the episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-17 19:39:13

Yeah, if you ever need to get an episode, just go to tv-links and go under the "Doctor Who" section. That's how I'm catching up with the new season.

I just got done with Gridlock (3rd episode of the new series, for those who don't keep track of the names), and I was wonder what's up with the Face of Bo. His "last message"-

~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His "last message" was that the Doctor wasn't alone. But wasn't Romana a Timelord also? So what happened to her, because I'm sure the Doctor would remember her seeing how she was better than him (as a Timelord, not character). I do believe we discussed this, but I'm too lazy to look back for it.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-18 02:58:11

At 5/17/07 07:39 PM, TheThing wrote: His "last message" was that the Doctor wasn't alone. But wasn't Romana a Timelord also? So what happened to her, because I'm sure the Doctor would remember her seeing how she was better than him (as a Timelord, not character). I do believe we discussed this, but I'm too lazy to look back for it.

He did say all the Timelords had been killed, and that would include Romana, who, according to what Russell T Davis has said about the Time War, was president of Gallifrey at the time. Of course, since this hasn't been shown on TV it could be contradicted in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-18 15:41:11

At 5/17/07 03:41 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 5/17/07 03:36 PM, Sidorio wrote: Can't wait for Saturday. I have no idea what it will be like but I'm looking forward to it.
It's been described as being similar to The Satan Pit in visual terms by one of the creators, I forget who.

That should be got, The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit have been my two favourite episodes so far. Out of any season ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-18 16:00:38

At 5/18/07 03:41 PM, Sidorio wrote: That should be got, The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit have been my two favourite episodes so far. Out of any season ever.

They were good, but I preferred The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances. This is if we're just talking new series, though. I don't think I could pick a favourite overall episode. Maybe Dalek Invasion of Earth, Tomb of the Cybermen or The Seeds of Death. They'd have to rank pretty high up.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 11:07:43

New DVDs lined up.

Line up now stands like this:

Robot - June 4th
Timelash - July 9th
Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity double pack - August 5th
The Time Warrior - September 3rd
Key To Time Box Set - September 24th

Good to see Key To Time finally being released over here. Shame about Robot being put back a week, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:01:45

RWAAAARAGH!!! BlueDalek Angry! BlueDalek smash! If they cancel Doctor who because of the FA fuckin cup final I'll walk into the BBC offices and wring everyone's neck.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:10:11

At 5/19/07 12:01 PM, BlueDalek wrote: RWAAAARAGH!!! BlueDalek Angry! BlueDalek smash! If they cancel Doctor who because of the FA fuckin cup final I'll walk into the BBC offices and wring everyone's neck.

What? They're cancelling it AGAIN? Although, last time football was going to cancel it everything turned out fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:14:17

Hey Sidorio. This one will actually be set in real time. Actually 42 minutes long!
Reminds me of the shows when a group of people had to do something in an hour or something.

At 5/17/07 04:17 PM, Coop83 wrote: Mr. Saxon is the mysterious person who is eluded to here. There is a lot of speculation that he is the next incarnation of The Master.

No Coop, that was someone else. Go look at Wiki.

At 5/19/07 11:07 AM, TheMaster wrote: Robot - June 4th
Timelash - July 9th
Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity double pack - August 5th
The Time Warrior - September 3rd
Key To Time Box Set - September 24th

BOY! I need some more DVDs because I've watched all of mine now, including tomb of the cybermen.

At 5/19/07 12:01 PM, BlueDalek wrote: RWAAAARAGH!!! BlueDalek Angry! BlueDalek smash! If they cancel Doctor who because of the FA cup final I'll walk into the BBC offices and wring everyone's neck.

Whoop-de-doo. Nobody cares if you do. Uh, maybe the police.

Anyway, I'm hungry. I was at games Workshop from 10 until 4 playing 3 games, and I didn't have ANY FOOD.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:25:11

At 5/19/07 12:14 PM, nemesis646 wrote: BOY! I need some more DVDs because I've watched all of mine now, including tomb of the cybermen.

Tomb of the Cybermen is excellent. I especially like the blatantly racist depiction of black people, with that bloke who's like 7 foot tall, built like a brick wall, doesn't speak properly, and to top it off, is a slave to that woman. He even talks about himself in the 3rd person, if I remember rightly.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:46:09

Umm just to ask, its been on my mind for a while...

I got into Doctor Who about 3 episodes in too the old doctor (bald ish guy) and this has been bothering me for quite a while:

If the doctor can (obviously) time travel, why cant he, go back in time to when there were timelords and take on with him before the war? I dont know whats stopping him (because I didnt watch the older Doctors), but its probably something simple.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 12:53:14

At 5/19/07 12:46 PM, Saza wrote: If the doctor can (obviously) time travel, why cant he, go back in time to when there were timelords and take on with him before the war? I dont know whats stopping him (because I didnt watch the older Doctors), but its probably something simple.

It's explained that the laws of time state that you can't meet yourself in the past (although he has broken this one on numerous occasions), or mess with established events (which he broke in Genesis of the Daleks, albeit under orders from the Timelords). If you've seen the episode when Rose stops her Dad being killed, those monster things come because of it. I'd assume something similar would happen if he saved someone else destined to die.

Really, it's just because that would make the whole show pointless. If he ever failed at anything, he could just try again, negating any sense of danger.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 13:21:02

Almost the new episode, forty minutes here. I can't wait.
By the way, are you an admin in this club TheMaster?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 13:25:39

At 5/19/07 01:21 PM, Abyssus wrote: Almost the new episode, forty minutes here. I can't wait.
By the way, are you an admin in this club TheMaster?

What? TheThing started the club, if that's what you mean. I don't see how a club could HAVE an admin. It's not like a normal user has any power over the thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 14:59:32

Wow! That episode was intense :D

I dont think it was set in real time, it kind of... seemed like it. But i dont think it was.

BURN WITH ME!

And that nice kiss at the end! Martha's gettin some action!!

Cant wait for next week. A watch that takes you back in time? I unno ;D

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 15:02:29

Until seeing that, I never truly realised what a bitch Martha's mum is.
Also, that was a great episode. I think it was the first time my favourite character of the episode has survived.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 15:02:44

At 5/19/07 02:59 PM, Saza wrote: Wow! That episode was intense :D

I dont think it was set in real time, it kind of... seemed like it. But i dont think it was.

BURN WITH ME!
And that nice kiss at the end! Martha's gettin some action!!

Cant wait for next week. A watch that takes you back in time? I unno ;D

Good one! Intence episode, it was real time, with the episode. I loved the twist, I was thinking the episode was tame up till then.
What was with the office guys at the end? Anti-tourchwood?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 15:07:31

Decent episode, although sticking four or five 2 dimensional characters did nothing for it, but I suppose they need a few red shirts for the monsters to kill.

I heard somewhere the next episode will involve the Doctor giving up his status as a Timelord and becoming human, or at least forgetting he was a Timelord. Although, I suppose the two hearts thing would make the second one kind of impossible.

I'll imagine it'll unfold that he had to do it as some part of a massively elaborate plan to save the entire universe. You know, like most episodes.

Also, it's a two parter.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 15:42:22

Also, it's a two parter.

Damn.
They annoy me.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-19 15:54:27

At 5/19/07 03:42 PM, Sidorio wrote:
Also, it's a two parter.
Damn.
They annoy me.

I prefer two parters if they're good, but I don't like the premise of this one. Besides, I've been viewing every episode so far as filler. The only episodes I'm interested in are Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and Last of the Timelords. Everything else isn't important.

By the way, we've got one of them shite 'Love and Monsters' type episode after the two parter. Thankfully the one after that is the return of Captain Jack.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-20 02:26:32

At 5/19/07 03:02 PM, Sidorio wrote: Until seeing that, I never truly realised what a bitch Martha's mum is.
Also, that was a great episode. I think it was the first time my favourite character of the episode has survived.

Martha's mum is not a bitch. She's just being mislead. You know, if you have a younger sibling, you tell them to go to the top of the stairs, tell them to jump (and that you'll catch them). They jump, but you don't catch them, so they fall. It's like that, so Martha's Mum isn't to blame.
Yeah, you get to know the minor characters really well, like Frank, Solomon, Lazlo, Jabe, Zach, and the others, then when they die or the episode ends it's like, "Oh my God, we're never gonna see them again."

At 5/19/07 02:59 PM, Saza wrote: I dont think it was set in real time, it kind of... seemed like it. But i dont think it was.

I think that in reality the ship would have gone slower.

At 5/19/07 12:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: Tomb of the Cybermen is excellent. I especially like the blatantly racist depiction of black people, with that bloke who's like 7 foot tall, built like a brick wall, doesn't speak properly, and to top it off, is a slave to that woman. He even talks about himself in the 3rd person, if I remember rightly.

Yeah, and on the back (you know, if it tells you violence, language and stuff) it said Sex/Nudity: Mild, but nothing else. I didn't see any sex OR nudity so why was it rated like that?
As for the racist stuff, that was the late 1960s- early 1970s or something.
The "bloke who's like 7 foot tall, built like a brick wall, doesn't speak properly" is called Toberman.

At 5/19/07 02:59 PM, Saza wrote:
BURN WITH ME!

Yeah, that really scared me. I dived behind the sofa twice.

Can't wait for next week. A watch that takes you back in time?

Well, I watched "Bernard's watch" when I was smaller. It was this program on CITV (Children's ITV) which featured a boy who had a watch. If he pressed the button at the top, he would pause time. Sort of like Click, because what Bernard would often do is pause the watch when somebody was squirting a hose at him or his friend. He would turn the hose round, make time continue, and let them get soaked. This, however, didn't mean he would go back into the past or go to the future, just start/stop.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-20 04:22:54

I had a dream about that episode where the sun was alive and an asian man was heading towards it in a ball thing. Then the sun saved him by making the spot he was heading to not hot. But he still died.

BBS Signature