00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bowtotheman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,591 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-27 13:39:57

Damn TV-Links. I gotta wait until it updates to join in the conversation.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-28 14:24:37

Just so you know, I'm going away for a week and won't be posting.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-28 14:35:09

At 5/28/07 02:24 PM, Sidorio wrote: Just so you know, I'm going away for a week and won't be posting.

Off to anywhere nice?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-28 21:34:33

At 5/28/07 02:24 PM, Sidorio wrote: Just so you know, I'm going away for a week and won't be posting.

Hope you have a good time, where ever your going.

Personally, I'm going camping either this weekend or next weekend. I'm leaving at like 5AM on Saturday and canoing the Delaware River. I'm packing all my gear into my canoe, and sleeping on an island out in the river. It's going to be pretty fun.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-29 13:08:12

It's up now. I just watched it.

I really liked that episode. I got to near the end before I remembered it was going to be a 2 parter, I was pissed off. Not because I hate 2 parters but because I was just really into the story.

I liked the bit where the kid who stole the watch was giving the teachers a hard time about teaching kids to shoot Zulus. Considering how much the programme is centered around England I thought it was nice for them to finally acknowledge the brutality of the empire. I know it's a bit sad that I enjoyed that bit so much but give me a break.

I can't even begin to guess what will happen next week, obviously that kid will save the day but I can't think if he's going to turn out to be the Doctor's son, the Doctor himself someohow or just some kind of wierd genius human. I love his character though.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-29 14:35:31

At 5/29/07 01:08 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I liked the bit where the kid who stole the watch was giving the teachers a hard time about teaching kids to shoot Zulus. Considering how much the programme is centered around England I thought it was nice for them to finally acknowledge the brutality of the empire. I know it's a bit sad that I enjoyed that bit so much but give me a break.

Haha, god you're such a loser.

Anyway I enjoyed the episode. Good cliffhanger and that, it was very "Lost".
The scarecrows pissed me off though. I dunno, I just hate those silly cheesy nonsense things they have in Doctor Who, like human-pigs and all that. I'm suprised they even bother getting them all done up well, they may as well just have shitty facepaint jobs.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-29 19:49:30

At 5/29/07 01:08 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote:

First off, wrong post. Second, I saw the opening sequence before my computer exploded. Looks like a great episode.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-30 19:28:36

At 5/29/07 02:35 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: Haha, god you're such a loser.

Damn English.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-31 16:17:40

At 5/30/07 07:28 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote:
Damn English.

Damn drunk Irish

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-31 21:37:12

At 5/31/07 04:17 PM, TheThing wrote:
Damn English.
Damn drunk Irish

How insensitive, that's just perpetuating a negative stereotype. I was only being flippant.

The Doctor would be so upset with you, young man.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-01 16:17:59

At 5/31/07 09:37 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote:
Damn English.
Damn drunk Irish
How insensitive, that's just perpetuating a negative stereotype. I was only being flippant.

Fine, I'll give you a shot.

I'm part Polish, part Italian, and part German. Take your pick, but choose wisely, young padawon.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 13:20:06

I'm part Polish, part Italian, and part German. Take your pick, but choose wisely, young padawon.

Are there any sterotypes for the Italien?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 13:31:15

At 5/27/07 09:00 AM, Zzwick wrote:

Also, I would bet money that the kid who has the watch will save the world some how, or at least be the one to get The Doctor out the predicament he'd gotten himself into at the end of the episode.
I loved it too, but I think that the kid with the watch is the Doctors son, he seems to ''know'' a lot more than the average human, although it would create some kind of weird paradox type thing. :)

Well yes in series two the Doctor metioned briefly about being a Dad once in "Fear Her" so you do have a point but that was once and he said that in the future but this episode is in the past so he may be his father as a human!

The Monkey has arrived

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 13:36:30

At 6/2/07 01:20 PM, Sidorio wrote:
Are there any sterotypes for the Italien?

Pizza and pasta eating, bushy moustache, says "mama-mia". Mario, basically. Or there's the Italian-American one, where they're all criminals. Think Fat Tony from The Simpsons.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 13:53:36

At 6/2/07 01:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: Pizza and pasta eating, bushy moustache, says "mama-mia". Mario, basically. Or there's the Italian-American one, where they're all criminals. Think Fat Tony from The Simpsons.

Or those Dolmio ads.

"Itsa godda be one of a those a Dolmio days!"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 15:01:20

Well yes in series two the Doctor metioned briefly about being a Dad once in "Fear Her" so you do have a point but that was once and he said that in the future but this episode is in the past so he may be his father as a human!

*Head explodes* Also Mario is the Italian stereotype.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 15:07:12

What a charming episode.
Seriously, nothing fails to deliver with the doctor XD

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 15:18:23

Not a bad episode, about on par with last weeks. I was getting sick of John Smith by the end, anyway, it was just a case of waiting for him to be re-Doctorified.

Next weeks is set in a big house with some sort of monster that only The Doctor can stop, but he can't be there because he's lost in time or something, and he's left a recording on the TV to warn people.

That's what I've gathered from the 30 second trailer and the information on Wikipedia, anyway. Looks to be a poor episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 15:23:36

Oh, anyone notice the nod to Remembrance of the Daleks in this one? When the Family told the little girl to go spy on the school, and she skipped off, the theme that played whenever the girl in Remembrance appeared played.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 18:01:18

What was up with the end when he goes "12:01...It is time!" *Jump*

I didn't get that.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 19:03:53

At 6/2/07 06:01 PM, FeargusMcDuff wrote: What was up with the end when he goes "12:01...It is time!" *Jump*

I didn't get that.

Did you not see last episode? He had a vision that in the future he'd be in that spot, at that time, and would be blown up, so he knew it was coming, and managed to get out the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-02 22:21:09

At 6/1/07 04:17 PM, TheThing wrote: Fine, I'll give you a shot.

So you invade yourself, give up instantly and then forget the whole affair and go eat some pasta?

Ho ho ho.... I kid. I love the Poles, I love the Italian's food and I'm going to Germany on Tuesday.

That being said, I'll be missing 2 weeks of shows. I haven't seen this week's either though. I guess I'll catch up on TV links at some stage.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-03 06:02:03

Did you not see last episode? He had a vision that in the future he'd be in that spot, at that time, and would be blown up, so he knew it was coming, and managed to get out the way.

I wish that kid had been blown up. He got on my nerves so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-03 12:23:08

At 6/2/07 03:23 PM, TheMaster wrote: Oh, anyone notice the nod to Remembrance of the Daleks in this one? When the Family told the little girl to go spy on the school, and she skipped off, the theme that played whenever the girl in Remembrance appeared played.

Yeah.
BTW you've been caught double-posting!111

At 6/2/07 03:18 PM, TheMaster wrote: Not a bad episode, about on par with last weeks. I was getting sick of John Smith by the end, anyway, it was just a case of waiting for him to be re-Doctorified.
Next weeks is set in a big house with some sort of monster that only The Doctor can stop, but he can't be there because he's lost in time or something, and he's left a recording on the TV to warn people.
That's what I've gathered from the 30 second trailer and the information on Wikipedia, anyway. Looks to be a poor episode.

In the end you KNOW he'll be change back, because he's the star of this whole thing, and the trailers show future episodes, so you know he'll survive. I'm probably going to miss that episode because I have to get up early the next morning.

At 6/2/07 01:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: Pizza and pasta eating, bushy moustache, says "mama-mia". Mario, basically. Or there's the Italian-American one, where they're all criminals. Think Fat Tony from The Simpsons.

Yeah, the guy who smuggled fish logs in the Comic Book Madness edition.

At 5/30/07 07:28 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: Damn English.
Damn drunk Irish

I'll have you know several people on this forum are english, including me. Will you two stop arguing?

At 5/29/07 07:49 PM, TheThing wrote: First off, wrong post. Second, I saw the opening sequence before my computer exploded. Looks like a great episode.

Yeah, you're watching the last bit, and after the lines "Your friend or your lover, your choice", KABOOM and your PC is dead LOL

At 5/29/07 01:08 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote:

I really liked that episode. I got to near the end before I remembered it was going to be a 2 parter, I was pissed off. Not because I hate 2 parters but because I was just really into the story.

I liked the bit where the kid who stole the watch was giving the teachers a hard time about teaching kids to shoot Zulus. Considering how much the programme is centered around England I thought it was nice for them to finally acknowledge the brutality of the empire. I know it's a bit sad that I enjoyed that bit so much but give me a break.

Yeah, when Dad grew up he went to this thing where he learnt to fire a handgun and other guns. It was almost compulsory, but not entirely.

At 5/28/07 09:34 PM, TheThing wrote: Hope you have a good time, where ever your going.

Personally, I'm going camping either this weekend or next weekend. I'm leaving at like 5AM on Saturday and canoing the Delaware River. I'm packing all my gear into my canoe, and sleeping on an island out in the river. It's going to be pretty fun.

I have to get up at 4am british time andmeet in Morrisons car park at 5am for a french trip, so please note that from 9th june until 15th or 16th of june I will NOT be posting. Hope TheThing and Sidorio have a good time- we'll miss you!

At 5/27/07 09:07 AM, Zzwick wrote: Every club works differently, in some clubs there is a sort of ''Club Admin''
So please stop calling people n00bs when you don't really know what your talking about.

Maybe you should have explained to me in some of your complaint posts. Tell me more.

At 5/26/07 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote: There was the bit where Martha ran into him, and it flashed to being in modern times for a second. Plus, he saw himself in the war, so killing him would make that impossible.
Besides, kids don't die on TV.

No, but there's nothing to say they can't get hurt.

At 5/26/07 03:02 PM, Abyssus wrote: I reckon he will sacrifice himself, a way to kill him off cleanly.

You were wrong, but I guess your theory wasn't bad.

At 5/26/07 02:58 PM, Abyssus wrote: For f*cks sake, what an episode. And what a f***ing hanger, I cannot wait the next episode now. Awesome plot-line.

Yeah, Bains really scared me.

At 5/26/07 05:50 AM, Abyssus wrote: I was trying to ask if he had power in this club, you know? Can decide who is in and who is out? I'm not that much of a dip-shit.

Never said you were.

At 5/26/07 05:45 AM, Sidorio wrote: There are so many nasty things I could have said to you then, but I chose not to. I'm too nice. Also, new episode today. Doesn't look great, but I've been wrong for the others.

Sorry, I was really pissed off that day after going to White Dwarf Warhammer 30th anniversary.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-03 14:05:14

At 6/3/07 12:23 PM, nemesis646 wrote: BTW you've been caught double-posting!111

I'm allowed to, being above the law and all.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-04 02:34:59

Yeah, the guy who smuggled fish logs in the Comic Book Madness edition.

At 5/30/07 07:28 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: Damn English.
Damn drunk Irish
I'll have you know several people on this forum are english, including me. Will you two stop arguing?

There just kidding around, Anyway next episode looks.... weird, whats with the statues with there hands over there eyes\?

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-04 13:48:26

At 6/3/07 12:23 PM, nemesis646 wrote: I'll have you know several people on this forum are english, including me. Will you two stop arguing?

Hardly an argument. We're taking the piss. Don't take things so seriously.

Anyway, just go through watching part two on tv links. I really loved the dilemma between the Doctor and John Smith. I thought it was the best acting I've seen from your man so far.

Remember the bit that went;

"Can you change back?"

"Yes"

"Will you"

"No"

I laughed a little too much at that. I think I might be a horrible person.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-04 15:37:59

At 6/4/07 01:48 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I laughed a little too much at that. I think I might be a horrible person.

I was amused by that too.

I was wondering why they didn't do some sort of time share. He could be The Doctor Monday to Wednesday, John Smith Thursday to Saturday, and they can alternate Sundays. Simple.

Also, if that machine can alter his DNA, why doesn't he give himself cannons on his shoulders or something? He just isn't using it to it's full potential. What a waste.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-05 04:15:42

At 6/4/07 03:37 PM, TheMaster wrote: I was wondering why they didn't do some sort of time share. He could be The Doctor Monday to Wednesday, John Smith Thursday to Saturday, and they can alternate Sundays. Simple.

Because it was too painful. Besides, I'm sure the Doctor loves having control of his own body all of the time, especially if it means that he won't be having human children on the side.

Also, if that machine can alter his DNA, why doesn't he give himself cannons on his shoulders or something? He just isn't using it to it's full potential. What a waste.

Because he's not a Dalek? That's the sort of wierd stuff Davros did!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-05 14:00:36

You lot seen this?

Clip from Utopia. Shows Jack running toward the TARDIS, The Doctor noticing him but dematerialising anyway, and Jack leaping through the air, grabbing on to the TARDIS, and then being dragged along with it through whatever you would call the swirling thing the TARDIS travels through. Time, I suppose.

The control panel explodes, and they get set to the year 100 Trillion, which The Doctor says is the end of the universe.

It cuts back to a shot of Jack hanging on the outside shouting "Doctor!"

BBS Signature