00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BobRoss115 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,592 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-07 06:12:41

At 6/5/07 02:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: It cuts back to a shot of Jack hanging on the outside shouting "Doctor!"

That all sounds very Bill and Ted to me.

EXCELLENT! *Air Guitar*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-07 16:34:08

At 6/7/07 06:12 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/5/07 02:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: It cuts back to a shot of Jack hanging on the outside shouting "Doctor!"
That all sounds very Bill and Ted to me.

EXCELLENT! *Air Guitar*

I think Bill and Ted was a parody of Doctor Who. They traveled in a phone booth (close enough to a police call box) throughout time, and they are trying to help the future of human society by going forward in time to learn how to play guitar so they can unite all people.

That's like, most excellent. Time to get some bodacious babes

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-07 17:54:30

At 6/7/07 04:34 PM, TheThing wrote: I think Bill and Ted was a parody of Doctor Who. They traveled in a phone booth (close enough to a police call box) throughout time, and they are trying to help the future of human society by going forward in time to learn how to play guitar so they can unite all people.

Nah, it was originally going to be a van they used, but they thought it was too close to the Delorean from Back To The Future, so they changed it to a phone box, then after it was released realised it was similar to Doctor Who. You can see why they wouldn't make the connection, because Doctor Who has never been massive in the States.

Epic films, anyway.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 03:42:28

At 6/4/07 01:48 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote:
At 6/3/07 12:23 PM, nemesis646 wrote: I'll have you know several people on this forum are english, including me. Will you two stop arguing?
Hardly an argument. We're taking the piss. Don't take things so seriously.

Yeah, seriously, its just a joke.

Anyway, just go through watching part two on tv links. I really loved the dilemma between the Doctor and John Smith. I thought it was the best acting I've seen from your man so far.

I think the actor that played Baines should get an award or something, seriously incredible acting.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 04:31:11

At 6/7/07 04:34 PM, TheThing wrote: I think Bill and Ted was a parody of Doctor Who. They traveled in a phone booth (close enough to a police call box) throughout time, and they are trying to help the future of human society by going forward in time to learn how to play guitar so they can unite all people.

They went back in time to learn off the best guitarists, like Hendrix, I believe. Still, it is a decent parody, as these guys don't care about affecting the future or the past by their actions, which is very punk of them.

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper *swings scythe*

At 6/7/07 05:54 PM, TheMaster wrote: Nah, it was originally going to be a van they used, but they thought it was too close to the Delorean from Back To The Future, so they changed it to a phone box, then after it was released realised it was similar to Doctor Who. You can see why they wouldn't make the connection, because Doctor Who has never been massive in the States.

Ah, it all makes perfect sense now. Still, why did they use a phone box? It's not like it can really move unless accosted by a mob of rowdy teenagers. They should just have opened a door in the wall or something.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 05:52:15

At 6/8/07 04:31 AM, Coop83 wrote: They went back in time to learn off the best guitarists, like Hendrix, I believe. Still, it is a decent parody, as these guys don't care about affecting the future or the past by their actions, which is very punk of them.

Nah, they had to pass a history project, or Ted would be sent to a military camp in Alaska and the band would be broken up. Rufus gives them the phone box, so they go kidnap loads of historical figures to speak at their presentation.

In the second one, they die and travel around the after being killed by evil robot versions of themselves. They come back to life and have to perform to the world, but are still shite, so they go back in time so they've got more time to practice, then come back with massive beards and babies, then play "God Gave Rock and Roll To You", or whatever that song's called.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 05:57:16

At 6/8/07 05:52 AM, TheMaster wrote: In the second one, they die and travel around the after being killed by evil robot versions of themselves. They come back to life and have to perform to the world, but are still shite, so they go back in time so they've got more time to practice, then come back with massive beards and babies, then play "God Gave Rock and Roll To You", or whatever that song's called.

Yeah, I'm saying that when they went on the "Intensive Guitar Training Course", they went back in time for it.

The song's official title was "God Gave Rock & Roll to you 2" It's performed by Kiss, but they actually say that it's performed by Bill & Ted in the credits. I've listened to the versions and they sound exactly the same, except for the guitar intro.

Anyway, back onto topic, what's happening in tomorrow's episode?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 19:32:57

At 6/7/07 05:54 PM, TheMaster wrote:

Nah, it was originally going to be a van they used, but they thought it was too close to the Delorean from Back To The Future, so they changed it to a phone box, then after it was released realised it was similar to Doctor Who. You can see why they wouldn't make the connection, because Doctor Who has never been massive in the States.

Epic films, anyway.

Well, Doctor Who wasn't really huge, like Lost or Desperate Housewives, but people knew about it. My mom (who is probably the last person for you to think was nerdy) knew about the Doctor from her childhood, and the eighties. They also made a made-for-TV movie for the US, although it sucked.

Yes, that film was great. San Demus football rules!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-08 19:39:47

At 6/8/07 05:57 AM, Coop83 wrote: Anyway, back onto topic, what's happening in tomorrow's episode?

It's a "Doctor-Light" episode, a-la "Love and Monsters", unfortunately. People start disappearing from an abandoned house, and this woman goes to investigate, and finds stuff seeping through from 1969, and a cryptic message from The Doctor, and presumably she'll have to save the world or something.

Tennant has said he has more lines than in "Love and Monsters", though, so it might not be as bad.

Once this episode is out of the way, there's no more filler. Jack's back next episode, and if The Sun is right, so is The Master. If The Sun is partially right, The Master is back the episode after, and if The Sun is wrong all together, I think I'll cry since I've got my hopes up too much about The Master coming back.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 14:55:36

That was an enjoyable episode!
Lovely little message at the end, is it a new trend? Trying to scare you at the end? Like last episode they said that the little alien girl will always be in your mirror, etc.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 14:56:21

Very much enjoyed that episode, doctor who seems to have come out of the tunnel of crap and into a dazzling array of good..ness.

Anyone else?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 15:10:05

At 6/9/07 03:00 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: But it was a good episode though. Can't wait for the episodes next week and the week after, especially if The Master returns as expected.

Who is the master? Did I miss a vital episode or something?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 15:11:25

Loved the episode and it was very well thought out, I want to know what The Weeping Angels look like though, and know a bit more about them, also when one of The Weeping Angels is right in that guys face..... was some scary shit , anyway were those weird people in next weeks episode Vampires?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 15:49:16

Good episode, especially since I was expecting another "Love and Monsters" style disaster. Not the best episode, but not awful either. Can't wait for next week, solely because Jack's coming back. Looks to be some tension between him and The Doctor, with the "Hello, Doctor." "Hello, Captain." exchange.

Also, fingers crossed for The Master's return.

At 6/9/07 03:10 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 6/9/07 03:00 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: But it was a good episode though. Can't wait for the episodes next week and the week after, especially if The Master returns as expected.
Who is the master? Did I miss a vital episode or something?

Classic series. First appeared in Pertwee's run, last appeared in the very last episode of Sylvester McCoy's, then in the TV movie. He's another Time Lord, and he's bent on becoming "The master of all matter", which usually translates as taking over the universe, and I named my account after him.

At 6/9/07 03:11 PM, Zzwick wrote: anyway were those weird people in next weeks episode Vampires?

Looked more like some mental tribe, or human/alien cross-breeds, as The Professor said he was trying to save the last outpost of humanity, or something like that, so I doubt they're human.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:02:57

Yay! Russell T Davies said in an interview with sky magazine "'Whovians' will have probably guessed that it's a real 'Master'-stroke!" Yeah- that's subtle- like a brick through a window!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:09:08

At 6/9/07 04:02 PM, BlueDalek wrote: Yay! Russell T Davies said in an interview with sky magazine "'Whovians' will have probably guessed that it's a real 'Master'-stroke!" Yeah- that's subtle- like a brick through a window!

Excellent. Any links? If that's true, I can stop worrying, and start looking forward to it being The Master. If Mr Saxon isn't The Master, I'll hate Russel T Davies for ever, since instead of denying the rumour, he let it spread. Still, if that quote is genuine, we can bank on a Master episode in a near future, and the only question left is, is the professor The Master in disguise, or just some other character?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:26:11

Classic series. First appeared in Pertwee's run, last appeared in the very last episode of Sylvester McCoy's, then in the TV movie. He's another Time Lord, and he's bent on becoming "The master of all matter", which usually translates as taking over the universe, and I named my account after him.

So all the dribble about the Doctor being the last one is wrong? But thats the base oh the series!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:36:55

At 6/9/07 04:26 PM, Abyssus wrote:
So all the dribble about the Doctor being the last one is wrong? But thats the base oh the series!

Base of the new series only. The classic had Time Lords cropping up all the time. Besides, The Master hasn't been a proper Time Lord for ages, he ran out of regenerations and stole the Fifth Doctor's companion Nyssa's father's body, meaning he didn't have a Time Lord body anymore. He was then killed by The Daleks, and managed to turn into a funny snake thing, and steal the body of someone in modern New York. He was swallowed up by The TARDIS's power source, the eye of harmony, and presumed dead.

Besides, there's the whole "You are not alone" thing, anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:48:04

At 6/9/07 04:36 PM, TheMaster wrote: Base of the new series only. The classic had Time Lords cropping up all the time. Besides, The Master hasn't been a proper Time Lord for ages, he ran out of regenerations and stole the Fifth Doctor's companion Nyssa's father's body, meaning he didn't have a Time Lord body anymore. He was then killed by The Daleks, and managed to turn into a funny snake thing, and steal the body of someone in modern New York. He was swallowed up by The TARDIS's power source, the eye of harmony, and presumed dead.

Besides, there's the whole "You are not alone" thing, anyway.

Yeah, thats starting to bug me, I wonder if the next episode will be the last of this series, or is there more to come?
I can't get over how well thought out this episode was though, the guy who thought of it should write a book.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 16:55:56

At 6/9/07 04:48 PM, Abyssus wrote: Yeah, thats starting to bug me, I wonder if the next episode will be the last of this series, or is there more to come?

3 episodes left, Utopia, which is the next one, then the two parter consisting of The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords. The two parter is set in the modern day, and I imagine it'll involve Saxon's election campaign coming to an end, with him winning, which will be some part of his elaborate plot to conquer the universe, kill the Doctor, or steal the Doctor's body, depending on what mood he's in.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 17:00:11

At 6/9/07 04:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: 3 episodes left, Utopia, which is the next one, then the two parter consisting of The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords. The two parter is set in the modern day, and I imagine it'll involve Saxon's election campaign coming to an end, with him winning,

What's this about Saxons election campaign?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-09 17:12:09

At 6/9/07 05:00 PM, Abyssus wrote:
At 6/9/07 04:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: 3 episodes left, Utopia, which is the next one, then the two parter consisting of The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords. The two parter is set in the modern day, and I imagine it'll involve Saxon's election campaign coming to an end, with him winning,
What's this about Saxons election campaign?

It's been referenced a few times this series, mostly through the "Vote Saxon" posters, which first appeared in Torchwood. It was mentioned in Love and Monsters, being in a headline on Peter Kay's character's newspaper. Martha's mam was also asked who she'd voted for by people working for Saxon in The Lazarus Experiment.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-10 04:31:41

I absolutely loved last nights episode.
I'd go as far to say it's my favourite new one, although not out of all the episodes put together.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-10 13:10:47

Aren't the old man and The Master linked?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-10 13:20:57

At 6/10/07 01:10 PM, Zzwick wrote:

Aren't the old man and The Master linked?

The Sun said they're the same person, which will be revealed when he regenerates at the end of the episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-11 08:34:30

At 6/9/07 04:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: The two parter is set in the modern day, and I imagine it'll involve Saxon's election campaign coming to an end, with him winning, which will be some part of his elaborate plot to conquer the universe, kill the Doctor, or steal the Doctor's body, depending on what mood he's in.

But won't stealing the Doctor's body kill the Doctor? I'd assume that he can safely do all three, as that's probably what he wants to do.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-11 09:54:00

At 6/11/07 08:34 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/9/07 04:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: The two parter is set in the modern day, and I imagine it'll involve Saxon's election campaign coming to an end, with him winning, which will be some part of his elaborate plot to conquer the universe, kill the Doctor, or steal the Doctor's body, depending on what mood he's in.
But won't stealing the Doctor's body kill the Doctor? I'd assume that he can safely do all three, as that's probably what he wants to do.

Yeah, but sometimes he's the one who finds The Doctor, or more often finds a way to bring him to where he is, because he either wants his body, or just wants him dead. Other times, he's trying to take over the universe, and The Doctor just happens to be in the way. All depends on which way they feel would make the better episode, really.

I'm hoping for him wanting to take of the universe, they're always the best ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-11 14:12:34

At 6/11/07 09:54 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm hoping for him wanting to take of the universe, they're always the best ones.

Hmm... an interesting thought just crept in. What if Saxon is going to try to take over the Universe in a legal way, by becoming president of the universe, for example? These minor election victories becoming the shape of things to come, for example.

As my grandfather always said, The thick plottens...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-11 15:20:15

I would like to join. I have seen all of the episodes in season 1 and 2 and I have season 1 box set.

"You won't see me again.....well not like this anyways."

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-11 15:30:58

At 6/11/07 02:12 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/11/07 09:54 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm hoping for him wanting to take of the universe, they're always the best ones.
Hmm... an interesting thought just crept in. What if Saxon is going to try to take over the Universe in a legal way, by becoming president of the universe, for example? These minor election victories becoming the shape of things to come, for example.

As my grandfather always said, The thick plottens...

I doubt it. Although there was numerous galactic governments in the Classic series, I think they'd be deemed too cheesy for the new one. I mean, I remember the one from "The Cure of Peladon", or was it "The Monster of Peladon", I always get those two confused, whichever one The Doctor sings "Naru, naru, naru" in, with the government people, with Alpha Centuri represented by a high-pitched green thing, and the one I was convinced was an undercover Dalek for the whole episode, because his stand looked like one, and he looked like one of the mutants from inside.

So yeah, I doubt that'll be the case.

BBS Signature