00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hizzacked just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,102 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-01 20:17:01

Series has been great so far. Glad that they finally realized two-part 45min stories are the best format.

Doctor Who is fun again and I'm loving it.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-01 20:54:03

I have enjoyed this season!

I like the guitar riffs. I don't know why. It's juvenile but I love them. Capaldi is badass.

I really enjoy the 2 part stand-alone episodes. Amy and Rory were good fun with Smith but it's nice to have something you can watch out of order and enjoy especially when BBC America is playing reruns during the holidays.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-03 16:25:59

When did The Underwater Menace sneak out on DVD? My collection is incomplete!

Also, Downtime is getting a DVD release? I guess it is the best of the dodgy 90s spin-off films. It's a HELL of a lot better than Wartime, which is just fucking weird, anyway.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-03 18:06:27

At 11/3/15 04:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: When did The Underwater Menace sneak out on DVD? My collection is incomplete!

Last week, apparently. Took 'em long enough too, people were making petitions earlier this year trying to get them to finally put it out.

Glanced at the shop page, saw a commentary listing with Frazer Hines, currently on checkout page.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-07 22:03:51

Damn, was hoping we'd finally know which Osgood was the one that Missy had killed. Had anybody figure it out yet? Apparently the actress playing her knows and gave really subtle hints that only eagle eyed fans would figure out.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-12 13:16:13

I love that show. I have been watching for years. Really upset about this seasons doctor because he is the last one(i think).

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-13 14:06:12

At 11/12/15 01:16 PM, meowcatz1 wrote: I love that show. I have been watching for years. Really upset about this seasons doctor because he is the last one(i think).

Nope. The previous Doctor was supposed to be the last one.

He was given a new set of lives.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-14 15:43:35

OK thanks i haven't been watching lately. Too much homework

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-21 22:54:21

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-22 22:16:37

At 11/21/15 10:54 PM, stafffighter wrote: https://youtu.be/PHQLQ1Rc_Js

lol Gee, whatever could you be insinuating?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-22 23:47:21

At 11/22/15 10:16 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I could have meant any witch. I don't know the classic series very well but I assume there were witches at some point I could mean

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-22 23:48:39

At 11/22/15 11:47 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 11/22/15 10:16 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I could have meant any witch. I don't know the classic series very well but I assume there were witches at some point I could mean

Oh, I haven't watched the latest episode and assumed something must have happened to Clara. haha

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-29 01:45:30

Please, please do not let hybrid mean they're bringing back "human on my mother's side."

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-29 13:34:09

At 11/29/15 01:45 AM, stafffighter wrote: Please, please do not let hybrid mean they're bringing back "human on my mother's side."

Wasn't that the point of the davros episode? They got the doctors DNA into daleks?

I really really liked this episode. Some of my favorite episodes are the Doctor alone having to work things out on his own.

So who is the one who sent him into his confession dial? Is it the hybrid?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-11-30 18:28:27

Got caught up again.

Mark Gatiss episode was tripe, episode 10 was only salvaged by the great ending. Clara is far and away the best revival companion, fucking love her. 11 was a return to form.

Hope the series can end strong, as on the whole it's been ace.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-01 13:16:31

At 11/30/15 06:28 PM, TheMaster wrote: Got caught up again.

Mark Gatiss episode was tripe, episode 10 was only salvaged by the great ending. Clara is far and away the best revival companion, fucking love her. 11 was a return to form.

Hope the series can end strong, as on the whole it's been ace.

It's mostly what Clara was that I had a problem with rather than who she was. Thinking about the ending of Listen on top of the Name of the Doctor just bug the fuck out of me. As for the best companion of the reboot, I would insist Harkness was that unless he doesn't count in which case I'll say Wilf.

Still haven't watched the last 3 episodes but the cat's out of the bag about her. Also, Peter Jackson is supposed to be doing an episode.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-02 18:25:47

Ever since I watched Doctor Who, I've noticed quite a few shows and movies from my past which appear to be inspired by it:

-A show that takes place in a bar (to this day I can't remember the name) which often features a "time closet."
-The double-decker bus in the movie Spice World: Bigger on the inside.
-The space suit in the Earthworm Jim cartoon: Bigger on the inside, and full of corridors.
-The time ship in Star Trek: Enterprise - Tiny ship that is way bigger on the inside.

Anyone else notice anything like it in other shows and movies?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-02 19:36:45

At 12/2/15 06:25 PM, Painbringer wrote: Ever since I watched Doctor Who, I've noticed quite a few shows and movies from my past which appear to be inspired by it:
Anyone else notice anything like it in other shows and movies?

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. A time traveling phone booth.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-02 19:52:06

At 12/2/15 07:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. A time traveling phone booth.

How could I forget?...

I've never seen the movie. And I seem to be getting it mixed up with Wayne's World.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-02 19:52:59

At 12/2/15 07:52 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 12/2/15 07:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. A time traveling phone booth.
How could I forget?...

I've never seen the movie. And I seem to be getting it mixed up with Wayne's World.

I love both.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-06 17:06:55

At 12/6/15 02:48 PM, Amaranthus wrote: New sonic is fucking amazing.

Damn straight. I'm going to get that as soon as its available.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-08 12:32:14

Ok, I'm not a fan of Clara. This is no secret. But her sacrifice and death scene had meaning. Stephen Moffat feeling the need to save his Mary Sue destroyed it.

Spoilers.

After berating the Doctor for keeping her alive, she decides to keep on living. This is in sharp contrast to her line immediatly before where she said "time isn't healing" that's kind of a big dealand it's a return the self importance they'd managed to dial down this season.
Also, she travels with Me, rewarding her for not only killing her but for the torture that damaged the Doctor. This was a tremendous let down to everything meaningful in the last episode. Moffat let us down.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-08 16:45:30

At 12/8/15 01:21 PM, Amaranthus wrote:

I hated how she just decided to go with the memory wipe thing after the Doctor told her there was a 50/50 chance him or her would get their memory wiped. It was so goddamn pointless.

That in itself is at least an act with bravery attached. But what she did in the end is pure selfishness. She said it herself "time hasn't healed" They have altered a fixed point and that is bad. She rightfully berated the Doctor for bringing her back but then just decided to tool around for a while, while time itself is torn.

None the less, she's touring around with Me. Me sent the doctor to be tortured. All the pain and damage done to the Doctor is because of her. She is now being rewarded for this.

Not to pat myself on the back but this is how I described it to my facebook friends.

"You sent a good man to be broken over four billion years and my mere existence is tearing the fabric of reality. Let's get ice cream."

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-09 20:00:26

At 12/8/15 04:45 PM, stafffighter wrote: "You sent a good man to be broken over four billion years and my mere existence is tearing the fabric of reality. Let's get ice cream."

hah. You're totally right.

So Me and Clara are running around destroying the universe by merely existing and the Doctor's memory is wiped and he's unaware of the universe imploding.

Christmas special has River Song. The spousal unit squeed at the news.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 12:58:20

I was thinking of stuff to get my Dad for Christmas and as usual I couldn't come up with anything interesting. Eventually I thought it might be cool to get a few smaller things with the theme of them being things that would have been around when he was just a lad. Decided to go with one of the old Doctor Who stories but I was just kinda flicking through them not knowing what's good and what's bad.

Went with The Ark In Space in the end. Did I do good?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 13:21:45

At 12/10/15 12:58 PM, Dean wrote: Went with The Ark In Space in the end. Did I do good?

Aye, it's a good story. Not an all time classic or anything, but I always enjoyed it.

The monster is literally made out of bubble wrap painted green, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 14:51:52 (edited 2015-12-10 14:52:24)

At 12/10/15 12:58 PM, Dean wrote: I was thinking of stuff to get my Dad for Christmas and as usual I couldn't come up with anything interesting. Eventually I thought it might be cool to get a few smaller things with the theme of them being things that would have been around when he was just a lad. Decided to go with one of the old Doctor Who stories but I was just kinda flicking through them not knowing what's good and what's bad.

Went with The Ark In Space in the end. Did I do good?

Fun story, a solid example of Robert Holmes' great dialogue writing. But like TheMaster said, the true highlight of the story is the man wrestling with the bubble wrap taped to his hand in part 3. The DVD also has a nice commentary with Baker, Sladen, and Philip Hinchcliffe (the producer) if you're into those.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 15:11:54

As for recent episodes, episode 11 was really good, gave Capaldi plenty of room to shine and that's exactly what I've been waiting for. Episode 12 was schlock though, 100% genuine all-natural organic schlock. Christmas special looks just as bad. Oh well.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 15:50:14

At 12/10/15 03:11 PM, Oolaph wrote: As for recent episodes, episode 11 was really good, gave Capaldi plenty of room to shine and that's exactly what I've been waiting for. Episode 12 was schlock though, 100% genuine all-natural organic schlock. Christmas special looks just as bad. Oh well.

Aye, it was a relatively weak end to what's been on the whole the best series of the revival. Can't complain too much.

I should probably get back into the audios, really. I stuck on half of one on the train not too long ago but it was a bit crap. Evelyn and Six too, which is one of my favourite combos.

I'll be on trains for nearly 14 hours this weekend, so might stick one on if I get sick of Rusty Wilson's Favourite Bigfoot Campfire Stories or any of the other high art literature I've got loaded onto my iPod.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 16:39:50 (edited 2015-12-10 16:40:30)

At 12/10/15 03:50 PM, TheMaster wrote: Aye, it was a relatively weak end to what's been on the whole the best series of the revival. Can't complain too much.

Revival has always had garbage finales, so this really wasn't too disappointing considering their track record. Maybe I'm just desensitized at this point.

I should probably get back into the audios, really. I stuck on half of one on the train not too long ago but it was a bit crap. Evelyn and Six too, which is one of my favourite combos.

I'll be on trains for nearly 14 hours this weekend, so might stick one on if I get sick of Rusty Wilson's Favourite Bigfoot Campfire Stories or any of the other high art literature I've got loaded onto my iPod.

The only time Big Finish even crosses my mind is on long drives, and I don't make those very often. I've enjoyed almost every story I've heard, but I never really feel the need to come back for more. Actually, that about sums up my feelings on any series now. Even shows I really enjoy (Ash vs Evil Dead, Fargo) I have no motivation to continue. It's almost like television is a chore at the moment.