00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mufflet just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,104 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-10 20:08:25

At 12/9/15 08:00 PM, Malachy wrote:

Christmas special has River Song. The spousal unit squeed at the news.

River is always fun. Plus the christmas special means I get to dig out this find. https://youtu.be/N7oZH2UMJFo

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-12 22:20:10

First they mention Harkness by name in the Woman Who Lived, then they use the retcon drug as a main part of the plot in Face the Raven.

Ow, my balls are so fucking blue.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-12-27 22:44:21 (edited 2015-12-27 22:51:29)

Christmas special was an interesting episode. I wondered what it'd be like if River met the new Doctor. Kinda emotional when it was revealed that this was the final time she'd see the Doctor on her timeline until Silence in the Library.

Updated River Song episode timeline:
A Good Man Goes to War > The Impossible Astronaut > Day of the Moon > Let's Kill Hitler > Closing Time > The Wedding of River Song/The Impossible Astronaut > A Good Man Goes to War > The Impossible Astronaut > Day of the Moon > The Pandorica Opens > The Big Bang > Time of the Angels > Flesh and Stone > Wedding of River Song > The Angels Take Manhattan > The Husbands of River Song > Silence in the Library > Forest of the Dead > The Name of the Doctor

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-22 18:48:52

See Chris Chibnall is taking over as showrunner?

He's never written a good episode.

At least it's not Gatiss, I guess.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-22 20:04:14

I might start watching Doctor Who again with the announcement of Moffat leaving. I quit after watching S7. Are the seasons afterwards better than S6 & S7?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-22 20:33:17

At 1/22/16 08:04 PM, Jolly wrote: I might start watching Doctor Who again with the announcement of Moffat leaving. I quit after watching S7. Are the seasons afterwards better than S6 & S7?

This series just gone was far and away the best of the revival.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-22 23:26:13

At 1/22/16 08:04 PM, Jolly wrote: I might start watching Doctor Who again with the announcement of Moffat leaving. I quit after watching S7. Are the seasons afterwards better than S6 & S7?

This thread has a lot of negativity in it regarding the revival but that doesn't mean it is bad TV! I mean, it's big worldwide with simulcasts of premiers and specials, merch, games, cons, etc all thanks to the 2005 reboot of the series.

But this most recent season has been my favorite so far - you should at least give it a watch through.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-23 03:10:46 (edited 2016-01-23 03:16:29)

At 1/22/16 06:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: See Chris Chibnall is taking over as showrunner?

He did create Broadchurch, which I haven't watched, but I only hear good things. And he co-produced and wrote for Torchwood, but not that bullshit Miracle Day (I liked Torchwood).

Last two series were among the best.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-23 13:17:58

Season 8 was incredibly unmemorable aside from a few select episodes (both good and bad ones), but is still far better than Season 7.

Season 9 is 100% wonderful if you skip episodes 9 & 12, otherwise it's 83.4% wonderful.

At 1/22/16 06:48 PM, TheMaster wrote: See Chris Chibnall is taking over as showrunner?

At this point I'm not too picky about who replaces Moffat, I simply want him out of there. I just hope he won't be as desperate to leave his mark on the show as Moffat seems to be.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-01-24 04:48:58

This makes me wonder if we'll finally see Harkness again considering his work with Torchwood.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-03-18 17:45:53

Anyone listened to the Big Finish War Doctor stuff? Apparently the second volume's quite good

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-01 16:12:33

Might start reading the VNA/EDAs, any recommendations? Any to avoid?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-01 17:24:27

At 4/1/16 04:12 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Might start reading the VNA/EDAs, any recommendations? Any to avoid?

They're heavily arc based, at least the early stuff, so better to just start from the beginning.

Maybe they get less so later on, I never got too deep into them. Nice if you enjoy the seventh doctor being a morally grey manipulative asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-23 14:05:45

New companion's been announced and there's a 2 minute clip of her

Seems alright, bit of a quip machine in the video but there's not a lot they can really do in 2 minutes. I wouldn't read those YouTube comments though, there's a load of pricks upset that the new companion isn't white and that this means the "SJWs" are ruining everything

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-23 20:39:33

At 4/23/16 02:05 PM, dogpup4 wrote: New companion's been announced and there's a 2 minute clip of her

Doctor Who is rubbish. Christ.

Seems alright, bit of a quip machine in the video but there's not a lot they can really do in 2 minutes. I wouldn't read those YouTube comments though, there's a load of pricks upset that the new companion isn't white and that this means the "SJWs" are ruining everything

To be fair, the BBC literally has diversity quotas and loves to bang on about how wonderful and progressive they are, so it's hard not to be cynical about casting like this. It's a real shame too, since it hurts talented actors who have gotten the role on merit, because you can never be sure if that's why they're there, or if they're there because they happen to have a different skin colour.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-23 21:17:11 (edited 2016-04-23 21:17:20)

At 4/23/16 02:05 PM, dogpup4 wrote: New companion's been announced and there's a 2 minute clip of her

For the past three years I haven't shut up about how badly I wanted Clara gone.

Can I take it back?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-24 19:21:11

Haven't seen enough of her to have an opinion. People mad about her ethnicity must be new to the show or forgot Martha, Mickey etc.

So much for Shona, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-04-27 00:03:13

At 4/23/16 09:17 PM, Oolaph wrote:
For the past three years I haven't shut up about how badly I wanted Clara gone.
Can I take it back?

I honestly thought Clara was the worst for the most part up until she was gone, but after doing some rewatching, she's honestly my favorite in new Who.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-05-15 00:39:48

I still haven't bothered to watch the Christmas special, longest it's taken me to watch a new episode since the Tennant specials. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually, or I could just rewatch The Mind Robber for the 96th time. Chances are I'll go with the latter.

Based on the two-minute clip of the new companion, I'm not looking forward to series 9 much at all either. It's a shame too because I found majority of series 8 to be lots of fun.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-09-12 08:13:09

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-09-12 23:44:11

At 9/12/16 08:13 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh my.

Bit unprofessional considering Moffat can't even defend himself here. I'm sure it's not just a case of Moffat just being a dick? I doubt Torchwood will come back on TV. Shitloads of Big Finish stuff being announced this month though so maybe it's still pretty popular. Think Class will probably be better anyway.

Speaking of vague shots against Moffat, anyone seen Gareth Roberts' Twitter?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-09-14 08:31:52

At 9/12/16 11:44 PM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 9/12/16 08:13 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh my.
Bit unprofessional considering Moffat can't even defend himself here. I'm sure it's not just a case of Moffat just being a dick?

I wouldn't think so. Probably doesn't want to have to worry about the continuity of Who and Class matching up to it. Last time, everyone on Earth was incapable of dying and all the people who should have been dead were put in concentration camps. That's... a pretty big world changing event for a spinoff to have since it took place over a long period of time. And that season sucked anyway (though I thought it started out kinda cool).

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-11-22 07:46:05

So, I havent watched this show in a while... I turned on BBC America and suddenly I see a classic episode of Doctor Who, with the fourth doctor.... I checked the schedule for the rest of the week but apparently that was just a one time thing.... I really wish they would air classic episodes more often.
Also, I'm curious to know what was everyones opinion on The Power Of The Daleks? Apparently they animated a lost episode. Not really a big fan of this animation style, but I think in this context it works. It kinda makes me think of an old B-movie cartoon or something, just not with thick shadows. I cant really get passed the unnatral movement though...

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-11-29 20:06:23

Now with my new computer I can get back to DR Who

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-11-29 23:59:13

Anyone else here think that the weeping angels were inspired by the boos in Super Mario World?

They both only move when you're not looking, and they cover their face when you are.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-12-25 17:34:43

At 12/25/16 11:13 AM, Quisty wrote: Also tonight s the annual xmas special. I think it is the first episode of doctor who weve had in a year since he last xmas special

It is. They took the time off, then we get the next series sometime after this....to be honest the whole schedule seemed convoluted and I forgot it almost immediately after they announced it. Looking forward to see how it all shakes out. Looking less forward to all the racism we'll be getting after though

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-12-27 13:28:22

I have absolutely no drive to see this Christmas special. I was hoping season 9 would point towards a brighter future for the show, but the previews for this special and the new companion don't really give me high hopes.

I think I'll just pick up that Power of the Daleks animation instead.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-12-27 13:50:50

At 12/27/16 01:28 PM, Oolaph wrote: I have absolutely no drive to see this Christmas special. I was hoping season 9 would point towards a brighter future for the show, but the previews for this special and the new companion don't really give me high hopes.

I think I'll just pick up that Power of the Daleks animation instead.

Same. Special looks fucking awful, and the new companion can fuck right off. Looking forward to being called a racist for not adoring her.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2016-12-30 00:29:44

Special was meh. Doctor had some good lines, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2017-01-11 18:04:55

Small back story. My father got out of thone echo dot things for Christmas. He uses it mainly for radio stations and to check the weather in different places. I throw geek shit at it.

Alexa knows the laws of robots.
Alexa knows what is best in life.
Alexa knows to ask what kind of swallow.
Alexa does not know who is the shogun of Harlem town. Humanity wins this round.

When Alexa doesn't know the answer to the question she'll say she can't find the answer or didn't understand. I asked "doctor who?" And it turned itself off. That is some deep nerd credit for whoever put that in.

And I liked the special as a character peice. The plot, less

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature