00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,122 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-11 05:06:11

Starting to seriously question why the hell I watch this series. Not to the point of dropping it, but what the hell did I just sit through.

also was the guy working in the morgue Glenn Cullen or am I just crazy

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-11 13:26:34

At 11/10/14 05:29 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 11/10/14 04:58 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I never said I hated the Master.
Fu Oolaph.
saying you like Gomez playing Simm #2 is enough to indirectly insult the original Master

I like my Master to be a Bond villain that comes back from the dead, not a wacky mental patient that can't stop making pop culture references

The fact that she fucking loved being evil was enough for me. Simm's personality wasn't my problem with him, it was the turning him into a pawn of a shitty comic book villain that made me want to kill things.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-11 15:44:03

At 11/11/14 09:29 AM, Amaranthus wrote: So, now that Danny's gone, Orson can't exist anymore, right?

Clara probably got knocked up off-screen, and now Christmas will be about her struggle as a single mother and how it's all The Doctor's fault.

At 11/11/14 01:26 PM, TheMaster wrote: The fact that she fucking loved being evil was enough for me. Simm's personality wasn't my problem with him, it was the turning him into a pawn of a shitty comic book villain that made me want to kill things.

Even when I saw Simm's Master for the first time before I had seen any classic Who, I hated the character. I couldn't stand the way he was written or the way Simm delivered every line like a cartoon character. Once I started going back and saw some Delgado episodes, my contempt for SimmMaster just went through the roof.

I would say Gomez is an improvement, but I honestly think I find her just as obnoxious. Though at least she doesn't have superpowers this time around.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-11 16:07:52

"Married four times, all deceased." Hmm?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 15:24:50

At 11/11/14 04:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: "Married four times, all deceased." Hmm?

Elizabeth I, Marilyn Monroe, River Song.

Cant think of a fourth.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 16:53:46

At 11/12/14 03:24 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 11/11/14 04:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: "Married four times, all deceased." Hmm?

Cant think of a fourth.

Possibly Susan's grandmother? Do they even have marriage on Gallifrey?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 19:03:13

At 11/12/14 04:53 PM, dogpup4 wrote:

I think his wedding with River was meant to be in the style of a Gallifreian wedding, so I'm gonna say yes. Unless there's some well known ceremony where people hold different ends of a cloth and her parents say "I consent and gladly give" and I just made myself look like an idiot.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 19:30:57

At 11/12/14 07:03 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 11/12/14 04:53 PM, dogpup4 wrote:

I think his wedding with River was meant to be in the style of a Gallifreian wedding, so I'm gonna say yes. Unless there's some well known ceremony where people hold different ends of a cloth and her parents say "I consent and gladly give" and I just made myself look like an idiot.

The only Gallifreyan wedding I'm aware of is the most recent, so no, you're not sounding like an idiot, or maybe we both are.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 19:36:38

At 11/12/14 07:30 PM, cga-999 wrote:

The only Gallifreyan wedding I'm aware of is the most recent, so no, you're not sounding like an idiot, or maybe we both are.

I just worried there might be a well known earthling ceremony that goes that way. If not, yay, I'm smart.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 19:37:17

At 11/12/14 07:36 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 11/12/14 07:30 PM, cga-999 wrote:
I just worried there might be a well known earthling ceremony that goes that way. If not, yay, I'm smart.

Nope. I just checked. You're smart.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-12 23:31:46

At 11/12/14 03:24 PM, TheMaster wrote:

Cant think of a fourth.

Oh, he did actually marry Marilyn Monroe? I can't really remember that whole thing well aside from him mentioning getting engaged offscreen. The other two came to mind. Speaking of the Queen, it's kinda funny watching the Shakespeare Code after Day of the Doctor.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-11-21 23:20:50

This seems the proper place to post this. As they did last year my local library threw a doctor who night. They showed Capaldi's premiere and the Christmas carol episode.
There was also a raffle. We were all given one ticket on entry and then more were won through a trivia contest and then a costume contest. I didn't even bother with the costume. The guy in the spot on Davidson outfit would have kicked my ass.
I got three trivia questions right.
1. The one time companion Astrid was played by this Australian singer. Kylie Minoge.
2. How did the 9th Doctor absorb the time vortex energy to keep it from killing Rose? Kissing her.
3. This Silurian warrior hunted down and ate Jack the Ripper before being called for the battle of demons run. Vastra

There was one question I feel like someone else got shafted on. What name did the Master use while ingognito? There's way more than one answer to that. One of which couldn't possibly have been confirmed when that trivial pursuit set came one.

I preface this picture by saying the tickets were put in jars in front of doctor and companion pairs. Tennent and Rose, Smith and Amy, Capaldi and Clara. The first winner got the companion and then the other got the Doctor. But in the end I won something and I'm happy about that.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-23 16:07:05

At 12/23/14 09:32 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Christmas special a few days away.
Any thoughts about the trailer so far?

Santa Claus? Sure ought to be even better than Robin Hood!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-25 23:03:12

So, it take a Christmas miracle for someone to write Clara with human vulnerabilities.

SPOILERS

I really liked this. The story had exactly as many twists as it should have and the Character moments were really powerful. Like when Clara was in the dream with Danny, know she was dying but choosing to stay. Yes that's the kind of selfishness I rail on Clara for having in every singular aspect of her bolted on smile of a life but for one more day with Danny, any of us can see why.
The doctor was brilliant in peeling back layer after layer like the multidimensional genius he's supposed to be. But the best part was Santa, literally representing hope. That makes spot on sense with enough cleverness it doesn't feel overly cute.

Also, did anyone else notice in that one scene where they were arguing Santa clearly said to the Doctor "Shut up, Peter"?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-26 05:14:21

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-26 06:11:06

At 12/26/14 05:39 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 12/26/14 05:14 AM, Malachy wrote: Jenna Coleman is staying for another season. Merry Christmas.
I was hoping Shona would become a new companion. I loved her.

It really felt like they were setting it up. Maybe they'll go back for her in series 9. She called the Doctor a magician, and the next one's called The Magician's Apprentice, so maybe that was deliberate? Apparently Jenna Coleman wasn't sure if she wanted to come back so there must have been plans for a new companion.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-27 23:22:07

I'm not even done with series 8. It's not like I don't like Clara, but I think her story was already told with 11 and since she thought the new doctor was too old I was very frustrated about her.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-27 23:23:21

At 12/27/14 11:22 PM, BecNoir wrote: I'm not even done with series 8. It's not like I don't like Clara, but I think her story was already told with 11 and since she thought the new doctor was too old I was very frustrated about her.

I don't really like Clara that much.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2014-12-28 16:36:18

At 12/27/14 11:23 PM, cga-999 wrote:
At 12/27/14 11:22 PM, BecNoir wrote: I'm not even done with series 8. It's not like I don't like Clara, but I think her story was already told with 11 and since she thought the new doctor was too old I was very frustrated about her.
I don't really like Clara that much.

No one likes Clara, she's a superior, invincible, focus stealing attempt at feminism by a male writer terrified of his audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-01-03 15:06:48

So I started watching the Christmas special. Yeah, I know, really late for the party. But, I didn't finish it.
I just have a question.
Am I the only one who is a little lost?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-01-03 16:02:07

At 1/3/15 03:06 PM, DrClay wrote: So I started watching the Christmas special. Yeah, I know, really late for the party. But, I didn't finish it.
I just have a question.
Am I the only one who is a little lost?

I couldn't remember where the last season had left off, either. Took me until they spelled it out on screen to remember why The Doctor and Clara were apart.

Thought the episode itself was fine. Not good, not bad. Just a bit bland.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-01-03 21:21:07

At 1/3/15 04:02 PM, TheMaster wrote: I couldn't remember where the last season had left off, either. Took me until they spelled it out on screen to remember why The Doctor and Clara were apart.

The beginning was pretty odd. They were trying to portray the feeling that Clara's been away from The Doctor for a long time when in the viewers' eyes she was just there last episode. I really don't understand why they tried to do it at all since it was brushed away so quickly.

Thought the episode itself was fine. Not good, not bad. Just a bit bland.

Right on par with the rest of series 8. This seems to be the most "yeah sure whatever" season since Peter Davison's run.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-01-04 20:16:29

One of the elves is called "Wolf" in the credits and the back of his vest says wolf. Bad wolf reference? I dunno. It's a weird seemingly arbitrary thing.

Also, I feel like we're somehow not supposed to be constantly thinking of Strax when we see the other elf. Then again, it's a dream, so maybe that's a subconcious thing going on.

Yeah, this episode was... eh. It was kind of dumb. Amy's Choice did this way better.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-04-06 19:09:55

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-04-21 22:19:03

At 1/4/15 08:16 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: It's a weird seemingly arbitrary thing.

Isn't that Moffat's run in a nutshell?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-05-08 16:07:01 (edited 2015-05-08 16:07:27)

I decided to buy the Trial of a Time Lord boxset; watching this has been for the first time I've bothered seeing Doctor Who since Christmas.

Colin Baker does a wonderful job on his commentaries, he's quickly becoming my favorite Doctor outside of the role. It's great to see that he's willing to come back and contribute to the show despite being treated so poorly when he was working on it. Currently going through the 'Making of' featurettes and the doc on Colin's run, and while it hasn't really revealed anything I didn't already know, it's interesting to hear all these things from the people that were actually involved.

Arc of Infinity and '96 Movie DVDs are in the mail now, really looking forward to hearing the multi-Doctor commentaries on those.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-06-18 17:33:04

decided to get myself a tardis phone case.

Doctor Who Crew

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-06-18 17:57:43

At 6/18/15 05:33 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: decided to get myself a tardis phone case.

I'm jelly

Where did you get it? I have a nexus 5 too

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-06-18 17:59:33

At 6/18/15 05:57 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 6/18/15 05:33 PM, HomicidalDragon wrote: decided to get myself a tardis phone case.
I'm jelly

Where did you get it? I have a nexus 5 too

i ordered it off amazon! after searching for nexus 5 cases
and browsing through pages... i found it! its hard as hell to remove it though

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-04 20:43:06 (edited 2015-07-04 20:46:41)

Last night I took my niece (who dressed as a feminine version of ecclestone) to doctor who night at Barnes and Noble. There was a raffle I probably would have heard about if I won by now, an early release of the Dalek dvd, including the classic "genesis of the Daleks" story, and a trivia challenge. There weren't prizes beyond getting a sticker for correct answers so the point was to just test your who knowledge. As you only needed to get 1 out of three right for each doctor I proudly got a whole sheet, I did score perfect on a couple. I'm going to type out the questions now so you can challenge yourselves. There's a bunch so get comfy.

First doctor.

1. Of whom does the First Doctor say "Your arrogance is almost as great as your ignorance"?

2.Which school did the First Doctor's granddaughter, Sauan Forman (how it read on the sheet) attend?

3. Which Greek God for Katerina beleive the First Doctor to be when he lands in Troy?

Second Doctor (one of the ones I got perfect)

1. In the story "the two doctors" the second and the --------- doctors are featured.

2. Which Unit member is first met by the Second Doctor?

3. Which instrument did the second doctor play?

Third Doctor

1. Which costume piece often associated with the 11th doctor did the third doctor also wear?

2. After blowing up which villain did the third doctor declare "For a man who abhors violence, I took great satisfaction in doing that!"?

3. This third doctor companion went on to be the longest serving companion and eventually had her own spin off show.

Forth Doctor (Got this one perfect too, though it was easy as hell)

1.Which article of clothing is most associated with the 4th doctor?

2. What was the name of the 4th doctor's robot dog?

3. The 4th doctor series "Genesis of the Daleks" introduced the Dalek's creator. What was his name?

Fifth Doctor (got all three)

1. Which green veggie was a staple of the 5th doctors costume?

2. 5th doctor actor Peter Davidson is which New Who doctor's father in law?

3. Which of the 5th doctor's companions died trying to stop a Cyberman controlled freighter from crashing into earth?

Sixth Doctor

1.Which animal was featured as a badge on the 6th doctor's lapel?

2.Which renegade Time Lord injures the 6th doctor, thus triggering his regeneration?

3. Who put the 6th doctor on trial?

Seventh Doctor

1. Who were the alien nemesis in the 7th doctor story "silver nemisis"?

2. The 7ths doctor's umbrella handle was in the shape of what punctuation mark?

3. Which magical wizard does the trans-dimensional Arthurian knights declare the 7th doctor to be?

Eight Doctor

1. What does the 8th doctor reveal about his mother?

2. In the mini ep "the night of the doctor" what happens to the 8th doctor?

3. What made the 8th doctors tv appearance different from the other doctors?

Ninth doctor (perfect score)

1. Which American Revolution event in Massachusetts did the 9th doctor attend?

2. Which great war did the 9th doctor come after?

3. In "the empty child" what does the child with the gas mask continually ask?

Tenth Doctor

1. When the 10th doctor was show by a Dalek, where does he siphon the regeneration energy?

2. In "tooth and claw" which classic companion alias does the 10th doctor take when he first meets Queen Victora?

3. What is the name of the 10th doctors daughter?

Eleventh Doctor. (perfect score)

1. Which planet does the 11th doctor travel to to visit his own tomb?

2. How did the 11th doctor and his companions keep track of the silent?

3. Which odd food combination does the 11th doctor finally settle upon when meeting a young Amy Pond?

Twelfth Doctor

1. How many different characters has Peter Capaldi played in the whoniverse?

2. What does the 12th doctor first proclaim to Clara upon regeneration?

3. Which of the doctor's arch nemesis returns regenerated as a female?

BBS Signature