00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Picckxls just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream Theater Crew

101,451 Views | 1,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-07 12:07:15

I agree with stfu!!1

I made a DT sig:

Steal as you like!

Dream Theater Crew

You missed me?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-07 12:58:53

At 10/7/06 12:07 PM, CowsCanFly wrote: I agree with stfu!!1

I made a DT sig:

Steal as you like!

You know that was specifically for me <3

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-07 14:12:41

At 10/7/06 12:58 PM, DreamTheater wrote:
At 10/7/06 12:07 PM, CowsCanFly wrote: I agree with stfu!!1

I made a DT sig:

Steal as you like!
You know that was specifically for me <3

Yeah... i know... lol

glad you liked it!!

You missed me?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-14 11:30:30

No-one's said anything here for a while. Anyway, I went shopping today and bought a lot of CDs including Dream Theater's Awake album! :D I saw it at Virgin for £7, so I thought I should get it. I was hoping A Change of Seasons would be in the shops today, but I didn't see it anywhere. :| Oh well.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-14 19:37:49

At 10/14/06 11:30 AM, Helloween wrote: No-one's said anything here for a while. Anyway, I went shopping today and bought a lot of CDs including Dream Theater's Awake album! :D

You like?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-15 10:45:07

At 10/14/06 07:37 PM, Nev wrote: You like?

Yeah, it's a great album. I like the songs 6:00, Erotamania, The Mirror and Lie. :) A few more listens to the album and I should have some more favourites. :P

At 10/15/06 07:54 AM, Crashedd wrote: Beats the hell outta looking at some shit soap opera on TV!

Soap operas are probably the most boring piece of shit EVER! :P

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-15 13:03:03

At 10/15/06 10:45 AM, Helloween wrote: Yeah, it's a great album. I like the songs 6:00, Erotamania, The Mirror and Lie. :) A few more listens to the album and I should have some more favourites. :P

I like Space Dye Vest :D. And Erotomania, I pride myself on the fact I can play up to and including the first solo :D.

Soap operas are probably the most boring piece of shit EVER! :P

I love the way they're meant to mimmick everyday life in shitty rural villages, yet end up like South Park in terms of all the totally unrealistic crap that happens.
They should make a soap opera where its just boring, fat people sat around drinking cans of warm beer and watching shitty soap opera's.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-15 17:13:28

At 10/15/06 05:08 PM, Crashedd wrote: You mean you don't know EVERYone in your own town??! =O ;p

Nor are rape, murder and explosions a weekly thing.

2nd opinion: You sure as fuck can't play the intro to Panic Attack half as well with beer on you....Or, as the night goes on, play anything. :P

I'm gonna fucking prove you wrong.
I'm gonna learn it tomorrow... and then drink lots!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-15 17:36:14

At 10/15/06 05:25 PM, Crashedd wrote:
Did I mention I play bass? :P

Ha, I'd rather learn Petrucci's parts than Myung. I can't play Myung with my fingers for shit. I need to learn more DT bass actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-15 18:02:23

At 10/15/06 05:42 PM, Crashedd wrote: Lol I play with my fingers. Though my bass setup is going weird with the change in temprature (Fuck it I cant spell =/) and humidity... The neck is like swelling a tinnnnnny bit.... I'll set it up again when I get new strings.

I do too. But I'm mediocre. I'm a sweet guitarist though :). Bass is a second instrument to me.

Fender Precision btw. '84, Jap, Maple fretboard und tobacco sunburst."One bass to rule them all" :P

Tanglewood Rebel 4 :(... I don't even have an amp...

I'l sleep when this gets to 9 pages. :)

Night :P

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 11:57:57

Top 5 DT songs anyone? 10 if you must...

5. The Root of All Evil - This was the first Dream Theater song I ever fell in love with. I still love it now.
4. Caught in a Web - It's just... great. The most original DT song if you ask me.
2= Take the Time - The outro makes me cream everytime...
2= Under a Glass Moon - I couldn't pick which was better between this and Take the Time so I equalled them.

*drum roll*

1. These Walls - This needs no explanation. Seriously.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 12:12:13

My top 5 favourite Dream Theater songs:

5. Overture 1928 (great instrumental song)
4. Panic Attack (Very good song from Octavarium)
3. Pull Me Under (Great song from Images and Words)
2. The Glass Prison (I love how this song is very fast and lasts for 14 minutes :D)
1. Metropolis, Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper (Haha, DreamTheater :P)

But this may change if there are some songs from Awake I like a hell lot.

Must listen to the album a few more times first. :P

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 12:15:17

5 - These Walls - I liked it when I first heard it. Only listened once though, no speakers yet :(. But I remember it being amazing to the max.

4 - Space-Dye Vest - So far its the only song off Awake I can honestly say that I love, besides Erotomania.

3 - Metropolis, Pt. I: The Miracle and the Sleeper - Synchronised Keyboard/Guitar solos from Kev and John :D.

2 - Wait For Sleep - Kay, its short and hardly a real song. But its nice and I like it for that reason.

1 - A Change of Seasons - 23 minutes of the greatest composition, talent and sheer brilliance ever. Yes, fucking please!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 12:17:40

At 10/16/06 11:57 AM, DreamTheater wrote: 2= Under a Glass Moon - I couldn't pick which was better between this and Take the Time so I equalled them.

Under a Glass Moon is pretty bad in my opinion.

At 10/16/06 12:12 PM, Helloween wrote:
Must listen to the album a few more times first. :P

Same, I've not listened to Awake much, or Octavarium... due to the speaker issue. And I just can't be arsed listening to DT at night with my headphones on.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 13:06:29

At 10/16/06 12:17 PM, Nev wrote:
At 10/16/06 11:57 AM, DreamTheater wrote: 2= Under a Glass Moon - I couldn't pick which was better between this and Take the Time so I equalled them.
Under a Glass Moon is pretty bad in my opinion.

Oh no you didn't!!!! I properly fell in love with it when I heard the Live version from Score.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 16:09:12

At 10/16/06 01:29 PM, Crashedd wrote: 2: Never Enough/I walk beside you (The lyrics... yes I am a sap)

Never Enough always reminds me of Muse :/ I Walk Beside You is well good or bad depending on my mood...

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-16 17:12:57

At 10/16/06 05:01 PM, Crashedd wrote: Why does it remind you of Muse?

Cause the vocals are the fucking same! I'm glad someone agree's with me on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-17 09:07:03

At 10/16/06 11:57 AM, DreamTheater wrote: Top 5 DT songs anyone? 10 if you must...

To be honest, I didn't put a great deal of though into this list. I'd probably have a few other songs in there and the positions would be switched around a bit, but this a good indicator of my favorite DT songs.

7. Disappear- One of the First Dt songs I ever heard, and it's still a big favorite of mine
6. Strange Deja Vu- Something about this song jst grabbed me from the moment I heard it. The intro riff, the chorus and the bridge into the next song are my favorite parts of this song.
5. A Change of Seasons- A 22 minute long epic. Who couldn't like it?
4. In The Name of God- Just a good song to me. Also love the chorus.
3. Home- The intro, the chorus, the interlude, the solos, I love everything about this song.
2. Under a Glass Moon- Classic song with one of the best solos ever. It somehow manages to be heavy and soft at the same time.
1. The Glass Prison- I just dig this song. It's just so damn awesome.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-17 09:23:43

5. Pull me under-Pull me under, pull me under i'm not afraid!
4. A Change of Seasons-22 minute epic blah blah blah blah....
3. Honor thy Father-Got me into DT, and DAAAWM that intro makes me orgasm. Also it's pretty freaking heavy.
2. Caught in a web-Gotta love this little jem.
1. 6:00-This song is AWESOME, great intro, great lyrics, and one of my favourite bass lines ever (Even though its played on the board)

Oh crap. Now they know. So much for a secret.

Um..... Can I join???

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-17 11:37:02

At 10/17/06 09:07 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: 2. Under a Glass Moon

Yes! You win. I love you.

At 10/17/06 09:23 AM, Diabolis-Interium wrote: 4. A Change of Seasons
3. Honor thy Father
2. Caught in a web
1. 6:00-:

If you didn't sound so English i'd as k you if you were CowsCanFly's alt... with a list like that.

Um..... Can I join???

Of course you can.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-17 20:10:59

At 10/17/06 03:30 AM, Crashedd wrote: Lol! You don't like Muse I take it? :P

No, no, I like Muse a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-18 12:19:03

I absolutely agree that the vocals in Never Enough sound exactly like Muse, but maybe that's why I enjoy that song :P.

As far as a top 5 or top 10.. I doubt I could do it. With me, it changes a lot.. I love the majority of their songs.. but I will listen to what I am in the mood for at the time. Lately, the songs I've been listening to more than the others are:

(In no particular order I suppose)

Disappear
Finally Free
Home
In The Name Of God
Solitary Shell
Space Dye Vest

The funny thing is that most of those are slow, somewhat depressing songs. I hope that's not an indication of anything. D:

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-19 04:36:41

At 10/17/06 11:37 AM, DreamTheater wrote:
If you didn't sound so English i'd as k you if you were CowsCanFly's alt... with a list like that.

I might be an alt. I'm not English (Well half) and thanks for letting me join. I'm guessing Nev will be the first to discover my horrible terrible secret though.

Listens to 6:00. WHAT A FUCKING SURPRISE!!!

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-19 06:59:31

What, you're Nev's alt?

>:(

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-19 11:43:24

At 10/19/06 06:59 AM, Phantom-Lord wrote: What, you're Nev's alt?

No, is it Jordanog?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-23 16:00:56

At 10/23/06 03:45 PM, Crashedd wrote: Yo my birthdays coming up in 2 days, and like money and stuff.
So do I:
1: Buy the DVD of Score?
2: Buy lots of DT stuff?
3: Get drunk?

Ideas?

Or go fly out to Myungs house and filch one of his basses??

All four..

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-25 06:39:08

At 10/23/06 03:45 PM, Crashedd wrote: Ideas?

Buy the Score CD, I seem to play CDs more than music DVDs... you probably would too.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-25 08:02:42

At 10/25/06 06:39 AM, DreamTheater wrote: Buy the Score CD, I seem to play CDs more than music DVDs... you probably would too.

If I wanted to get Score, I'd probably get the DVD so I get vision of the live performance as well as the sound. :D Although you are right about playing CDs more than DVDs, but I don't want to just get live CDs. A few live DVDs would be good for me.

Also, after a few more plays of Awake, my favourite songs from the album are 6:00, Caught in a Web, Erotomania, The Mirror and Lie (I love how those two songs are connected together)..

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-25 15:24:48

At 10/25/06 08:02 AM, Helloween wrote: If I wanted to get Score, I'd probably get the DVD so I get vision of the live performance as well as the sound. :D Although you are right about playing CDs more than DVDs, but I don't want to just get live CDs. A few live DVDs would be good for me.

I try and get both :p Some of the time there's extra tracks on the DVD version. It shouldn't be too long until I get Train of Thought.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2006-10-29 07:57:06

At 10/16/06 11:57 AM, DreamTheater wrote: Top 5 DT songs anyone? 10 if you must...

5: Erotomania. God I love this instrumental.
4: Instrumedley... ok so it's not *technically* a song. But come on. Dream Theater AND Liquid Tension Experiment in one place? Yes please.
3: Under a Glass Moon. Just never gets old.
2: Space-Dye Vest. Its not exactly my usual listening, but it is just so damn awesome.

and...

1: This was hard, but I would probably say 6:00. Equal first is Pull Me Under.