00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dream Theater Crew

101,158 Views | 1,520 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 08:05:00

At 9/7/07 04:11 AM, PenisClown wrote: Ibanez > Bahamut

Despite the complete irrelevance I have to agree :D.

lol i r whroin mai giurter!!1

Dream Theater Crew

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 10:20:43

At 9/5/07 02:45 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
We´ve all heard everyones favourite songs from DT. Now it´s time to list your least favourite songs by DT.

I really hate the first part of SDOIT (the song) "Overture". I find it really tedious, and although I like the idea of an overture, I just find it really boring. I skip it every time I listen to the whole thing. It is the only DT song I skip every time. It is my least favourite DT song.

My least favourite album is (pretty sure everyone will agree with me here) "Falling into Infinity". There are a few cool songs ("Hell's Kitchen", "Trial Of Tears", "Hollow Years") but even those aren't great by DT standards. The whole album just seems lifeless and feels like not enough effort or time was put into it. Also, something about the cover art pisses me off. I can't put my finger on it, but it sucks.

I'm also not really a fan of "Sacrificed Sons" and "Never Enough". Don't get me wrong, they're not bad songs, but they don't really do much for me.

Also, I know a bunch of people will hate me for saying so but, I'm not really a huge fan of Octavarium (album in general, not song).

There are also certain parts in some songs that turn me off them a bit, such as the chorus in "Lifting Shadows Off A Dream" (don't know why it irks me), but generally the rest of the song makes up for these small crappy parts.

Although DT may have some lame songs, I'd like to note that even a not-so-special song by DT usually sounds better than what a lot of bands these days can write.

long post

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 10:29:21

At 9/7/07 10:20 AM, Insert-Pie wrote: Also, something about the cover art pisses me off. I can't put my finger on it, but it sucks.

I know what you mean.
It just seems empty and cheap.
Where the album arts before it had loads of stuff in them, and the ones after were just really cool pieces of cover art. FII was just a bit of blue and some guys sitting on poles in the middle.

And I agree about it being the worst album too. Although I still find the entire thing good, its just not memorable, and most of the songs are short and singley, and therefore sound like fillers.
Trial of Tears, Lines in the Sand and Peruvian Skies are all very good though.

Derek wasn't that good either, his solo on Once in a LIVEtime was just dire. And what he did on ACOS was mostly Kevin's work I believe anyway, though I may just be talking bias crap :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 10:51:22

The problem with Falling Into Infinity's cover is there is no Majesty logo and no Dream Theater font, because the graphic artist has who design it has some weird gripe about using other people's fonts.

e should, because his own ones suck by the looks of it.

I've heard a few songs off that album and I liked them, and i'll get it regardless of what people say because i've got a feeling i'll still like it, if I make sure I don't expect too much Dream Theater-ness of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 10:54:49

At 9/7/07 10:51 AM, DanAbnormal wrote: The problem with Falling Into Infinity's cover is there is no Majesty logo and no Dream Theater font, because the graphic artist has who design it has some weird gripe about using other people's fonts.

There is a Majesty logo on the side of the CD case.
I think the colours are just dull. It looks very, very amateur.

I've heard a few songs off that album and I liked them, and i'll get it regardless of what people say because i've got a feeling i'll still like it, if I make sure I don't expect too much Dream Theater-ness of it.

Its good. Its just not good enough to be better than their other albums.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 12:38:59

At 9/6/07 05:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I must disagree.

Then you have shit taste in music.

If i said ´i disagree´ again, would you hate me? :P

No, I'd just laugh at how stupid you really are.

At 9/6/07 06:18 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: Bahamut doesnt give any sound backup for his stupid opinion.

I have lots of reasons why I think Scenes from a Memory is the shittiest album ever made (even shitter than the High School Musical soundtrack).

At 9/6/07 06:21 PM, Nev wrote: He listens all the time I bet.

More like never since I deleted it off my computer and destroyed the SFAM CD!

At 9/6/07 11:40 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: The album or the song?

The song.

Both were great. SFaM is the reason why I dig Dream Theater's concept albums.

It's too bad their concepts suck ass.

I don't understand why you hate this album so much, yet you like Dream Theater's other albums.

Because the album fucking sucks.

Why so much hate? :|

Again, because it fucking sucks.

Through Her Eyes is among one of their best songs ever written. HEARTFELT-PASSION.

Then you must be a fucking retard.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 12:56:02

I think Bahamut would do well working in politics, or perhaps in law.
I think he's quite convincing, thinking on his feet with his sound evidence-backed arguements and witty retorts!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 12:56:40

At 9/7/07 12:38 PM, Bahamut wrote: I have lots of reasons why I think Scenes from a Memory is the shittiest album ever made (even shitter than the High School Musical soundtrack).

I'm sure you do.
Hence why you never actually reveal them.... right?

If you actually did that then you're absolutely the most pathetic human in existence

It's too bad their concepts suck ass.

Even Six Degrees, which you bum so much?

Then you must be a fucking retard.

When the majority think of the album as a masterpiece, or at least a very good album with some poor tracks, the ones who are the minority are the retard... or you in other words.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 14:39:05

At 9/7/07 04:11 AM, PenisClown wrote: Ibanez > Bahamut

lol.
By the way. I can´t say your current sig is as good as your old ones......i´m dissapointed :(

Just kidding.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 14:46:28

At 9/7/07 12:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Then you have shit taste in music.

No, I'd just laugh at how stupid you really are.

I have lots of reasons why I think Scenes from a Memory is the shittiest album ever made (even shitter than the High School Musical soundtrack).

Man, you are really going too far with this Bahamut.
1) I do not have shit taste in music, you just have some stupid obsession about hating SFAM.
2) Laugh all you want, i think the person being really stupid about this whole SFAM thing is you. I think most people here would agree with that.
3) Please state your reasons, as you have yet to do so.
4) I doubt you actually deleted and broke this albulm, and if you did, - like Nev said - you are the most pathetic human ever.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 15:47:28

I think if I remember correctly Bahamut said something to me about hating the album because 'all the fanboys like it'. So he possibly dislikes it for wanting to be an "individual".

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 18:44:42

At 9/7/07 03:47 PM, Nev wrote: I think if I remember correctly Bahamut said something to me about hating the album because 'all the fanboys like it'. So he possibly dislikes it for wanting to be an "individual".

I guess to be cool nowadays you got to bash everything people consider great.

Bahamut, you still didn't provide any reasons as to why you hate the album.
As I remember Six Degrees and SFaM had EXTREMELY close sounds, so do you hate that too?

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-07 18:48:26

At 9/7/07 06:44 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: As I remember Six Degrees and SFaM had EXTREMELY close sounds, so do you hate that too?

Its his favourite album.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 07:52:18

At 9/7/07 12:56 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: I think Bahamut would do well working in politics, or perhaps in law.

And make it illegal for anyone to call SFAM a masterpiece. >:)

At 9/7/07 12:56 PM, Nev wrote: Hence why you never actually reveal them.... right?

Another reason why SFAM sucks, the really shitty story about this faggot called Nicholas who gets really depressed about some fucking whore.

If you actually did that then you're absolutely the most pathetic human in existence

LOL! I DID BREAK THE CD! Also, there's nothing wrong with deleting it off my computer, especially when I needed free space on my computer.

Even Six Degrees, which you bum so much?

By concepts then, I meant the albums, not songs and 6DOIT is one whole song.

When the majority think of the album as a masterpiece, or at least a very good album with some poor tracks, the ones who are the minority are the retard... or you in other words.

So would that be the same for loads that called Linkin Park and MCR's albums masterpieces?

At 9/7/07 02:46 PM, Life-Stream wrote: 3) Please state your reasons, as you have yet to do so.

I've said some before. I've said about how awful some of the songs are and that's a fact.

4) I doubt you actually deleted and broke this albulm, and if you did, - like Nev said - you are the most pathetic human ever.

I DID! I DID BREAK THE CD!

At 9/7/07 03:47 PM, Nev wrote: I think if I remember correctly Bahamut said something to me about hating the album because 'all the fanboys like it'. So he possibly dislikes it for wanting to be an "individual".

No, I said I hate all the fanboys that call it a masterpiece.

At 9/7/07 06:44 PM, Dark-Phire wrote: Bahamut, you still didn't provide any reasons as to why you hate the album.

I have, faggot.

As I remember Six Degrees and SFaM had EXTREMELY close sounds, so do you hate that too?

I don't think they have close sounds. 6DOIT has awesome songs and there's not a single bad track, while SFAM has loads of awful songs that make me cringe.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 08:05:46

At 9/7/07 02:39 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I can´t say your current sig is as good as your old ones......i´m dissapointed :(

It doesn't matter, since PenisClown is dead. :'(

So Bahamut, the reason you hate SFAM is because the songs are crap? How are they crap exactly?

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 09:09:13

At 9/8/07 08:05 AM, Marshall-Cooper wrote:

What do you mean he´s dead?

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 09:11:43

At 9/8/07 09:09 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/8/07 08:05 AM, Marshall-Cooper wrote:
What do you mean he´s dead?

He got shot in the face. By Nev.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 10:49:20

At 9/8/07 09:11 AM, Marshall-Cooper wrote:
He got shot in the face. By Nev.

Um....okay. If you say so... o_O

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 11:14:32

I would know. I was there.

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 12:41:00

At 9/8/07 11:14 AM, Marshall-Cooper wrote: I would know. I was there.

What, is this you PenisClown, with an alt or what? I really don´t get this. o_o

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 12:56:31

At 9/8/07 08:05 AM, Marshall-Cooper wrote: How are they crap exactly?

Through Her Eyes - Awful guitar playing, awful drumming and awful singing.
Home - Boring as fuck, nothing interesting about it at all and sounds really shit.

At 9/8/07 12:41 PM, Life-Stream wrote: What, is this you PenisClown, with an alt or what? I really don´t get this. o_o

It's him!

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 13:04:26

At 9/8/07 12:56 PM, Bahamut wrote: It's him!

No it isn't.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 13:26:56

At 9/8/07 01:04 PM, Folkun wrote: No it isn't.

This club seems to have gotten off-topic too long.
Let's change the subject. :D

So the other day, I brought Budokan and Score to my friend's house to see if he'd like them.
He's really into black and death metal so I thought he really wouldn't.
I actually don't know if he enjoyed it or not but it seemed he liked Home, Afterlife, Another Won, and parts of Octavarium.

He let me borrow Pokemon: Diamond. Childish, but I been wanting to play it. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 13:38:45

I think Score is better than Budokan, apart from maybe the setlist. Mind you, the last two discs of Score are unbeatable.

Score is the better concert. I wish I was there.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 14:18:01

At 9/8/07 01:04 PM, Folkun wrote:
No it isn't.

How many Alts do you have?!

At 9/8/07 01:26 PM, Dark-Phire wrote:
This club seems to have gotten off-topic too long.
Let's change the subject. :D

Agreed, gotta get back onto DT.

At 9/8/07 01:38 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: I think Score is better than Budokan, apart from maybe the setlist. Mind you, the last two discs of Score are unbeatable.

Score is the better concert. I wish I was there.

I´m still yet to see either of these ;_;

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-08 14:56:26

At 9/8/07 01:38 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: I think Score is better than Budokan, apart from maybe the setlist. Mind you, the last two discs of Score are unbeatable.

They both had great setlists, it's just that Budokan had more familiar once, IMO.
The second disc for Score had the documentary, some bonus footage, etc...
I'm not at all sure which one I would perfer more then the other.

They're both great.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-10 09:43:18

At 9/8/07 07:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: Another reason why SFAM sucks, the really shitty story about this faggot called Nicholas who gets really depressed about some fucking whore.

Who gives a shit though?
This isn't literature, this is music.
And its no worse than anything else DT write about 'DARK MASTER MY SOUL BELONGS TO YOU!' that is laaammee... but who gives a crap, really? Cause its still ace XD.

LOL! I DID BREAK THE CD! Also, there's nothing wrong with deleting it off my computer, especially when I needed free space on my computer.

Well then you're the most pathetic person ever then.
I imagine you broke all your Metallica CD's when they released St Anger like all the queers on Some Kind of Monster?

By concepts then, I meant the albums, not songs and 6DOIT is one whole song.

When a song clocks in longer than most albums in the music world, it can hardly be called a mere song.

So would that be the same for loads that called Linkin Park and MCR's albums masterpieces?

Yes. Just because we're not fans of The Black Parade doesn't mean its not a masterpiece to those who are fans. Don't be so closed minded.

At 9/8/07 12:56 PM, Bahamut wrote: Through Her Eyes - Awful guitar playing, awful drumming and awful singing.

Singing = No different to any other ballad-esque song DT go for.
And whats your basis on calling the drums and guitar playing bad?
You play neither, and if you did you might have a faintest knowledge that Mike and John CAN'T play their instruments bad. Its chords, played no worse than John has ever played chords, and a simple beat from Mike to add some backing... its appropriate for the song... and that makes it good.

Home - Boring as fuck, nothing interesting about it at all and sounds really shit.

Home is amazing. END.

At 9/8/07 01:38 PM, DanAbnormal wrote: Score is the better concert. I wish I was there.

I thought Score was poo.
I just didn't think the sound quality was good enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-10 09:49:14

At 9/8/07 02:18 PM, Life-Stream wrote: How many Alts do you have?!

None.

Nev is poo

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-10 09:50:30

At 9/10/07 09:49 AM, CoffinCreature wrote: None.

He's just insecure about PenisClown and denies that its brilliant >:(!

Nev is poo

YOU EAT ME THEN!

BBS Signature

Response to Dream Theater Crew 2007-09-10 09:53:11

At 9/10/07 09:50 AM, Nev wrote: He's just insecure about PenisClown and denies that its brilliant >:(!

PenisClown can be a popular general forum posting fabulous cock sucking future mod if he wants to, but when people hear my solo project and find out the guy who made it calls himself PenisClown I will kill myself.

So CoffinCreature is important to save myself embarrasment.

YOU EAT ME THEN!

EAT YOURSELF BITCH

ALTS R TEH GHEY

>:(