00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Taff-Graphics just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

951,347 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-13 22:48:24

Soooo i'm playing FFX for the first time and it's pretty awesome, i'm only about 4-5 hours in though but i've come to the conclusion that the very first blitzball game is nearly impossible to win, or I just suck and need to seriously work some strategy..

What do? Just continue? Also I failed to get the Jecht shot and I don't have a previous save to go get it..

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?

Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-14 08:16:05

At 6/13/12 10:48 PM, Ketzelkab wrote: Soooo i'm playing FFX for the first time and it's pretty awesome, i'm only about 4-5 hours in though but i've come to the conclusion that the very first blitzball game is nearly impossible to win, or I just suck and need to seriously work some strategy..

What do? Just continue? Also I failed to get the Jecht shot and I don't have a previous save to go get it..

Blitzball should hardly matter in this game. I doubt you get anything good for winning the first Blitzball game so just let that one slide. You'd only want to go through that chore later on if you really need Wakka's Celestial weapon fully upgraded.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-14 10:25:53

At 6/13/12 10:48 PM, Ketzelkab wrote: Soooo i'm playing FFX for the first time and it's pretty awesome, i'm only about 4-5 hours in though but i've come to the conclusion that the very first blitzball game is nearly impossible to win, or I just suck and need to seriously work some strategy..

You're supposed to lose the first match, and without Jecht shot I'm pretty sure it's impossible to win anyway. The outcome of the match changes literally nothing in the game, they'll talk about how they won/lost afterwards and then never mention it again.

If you're not enjoying it you shouldn't bother with Blitzball, the only worthwhile reward is Wakka's ultimate weapon but you really don't need that unless you want to beat the optional bosses (even then it's not required, I never used Wakka).

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-15 06:44:59

At 6/14/12 10:25 AM, Jackho wrote:

You can win the first match, land a shot with Tidus via jecht Shot then hang out behind your goalie.

Jecht Shot is very good and I would highly recommend getting it.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-17 11:24:17

At 6/16/12 08:20 PM, Travis wrote: I'm guessing the next news we will be hearing about any FF game will be at the TGS.

So... I really want to see an FF XIII-3 and an actual release date on Versus XIII.

I couldn;t give less of a toss about the XIII series, and I might start to care if they ever announce a release date for versus.

What I want is for them to revisit some of their older franchises. Einhander, Mana series, Chrono series, or come out with a new IP.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-17 16:33:31

At 6/16/12 08:20 PM, Travis wrote: So... I really want to see an FF XIII-3 and an actual release date on Versus XIII.

I'd wager you're the only one in this thread who cares about the XIII series. Ideally I'd like a date for Versus (and an xbox version) and a game based on that tech demo.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-22 12:12:30

I don't get why everyone wants to see FFVII remade.

I may be biased because I found VII to mediocre at best by FF standards but i'd much rather see a new game than one i've already played and seen spun off, and reiterated time and time again.

I get that a lot of people didn't like XIII or XIII-2, I thought XIII was pretty good, and that people might not have high hopes for the future or whatever but still I can't see what makes VII so special that Square Enix should remake the whole thing instead of expanding horizons, trying new things, etc.

IX was way better anyway...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-23 20:57:08

I get that a lot of people didn't like XIII or XIII-2, I thought XIII was pretty good, and that people might not have high hopes for the future or whatever but still I can't see what makes VII so special that Square Enix should remake the whole thing instead of expanding horizons, trying new things, etc.

IX was way better anyway...

I have literally zero hope for Square anymore, it all lies on Mistwalker and From Software for me nowadays.

VI is my personal favorite, followed by IX but VII is a close third.

At the pace they're going it is going to be 2016 until FFXV.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-24 17:17:21

Shamelessly promoting a band I've come to fancy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkMn-bDkqQ&feature=g-user-u

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 03:49:45

Wow, FFIX has gotten quite a few mentions in this thread... Though Tactics is my favorite of the series, I'm increasingly curious about FFVI and FFIX in particular. And FFIII, since it's so obscure and everyone says it's the hardest in the series.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 06:38:39

At 1/23/03 10:13 AM, Mojimbo wrote: Since all these clubs r being made iv decided to make a final fantasy club, if you wanna goin just have your signature say ur part of it and wat member u r! This should be a big club since there r so many FFF's- Final Fantasy Fans

Im not sure what number i am! Viva La Final Fantasy

Sephiroth The Dark Angel

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 06:52:30

At 6/23/12 08:57 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: At the pace they're going it is going to be 2016 until FFXV.

And here I wonder if they even care or not these days. We hear all sorts of Final Fantasy games that we could live without but FFXV, that's not until some time and to think the last real FF game was XIII in 2010...

At 6/24/12 05:17 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Shamelessly promoting a band I've come to fancy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMkMn-bDkqQ&feature=g-user-u

There's some stuff I've heard from heavy metal artists that do some sweet covers of Final Fantasy music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30HeNInITg8

The album Battlefield 1987 is nothing but Final Fantasy covers.

At 6/27/12 06:38 AM, ChicanoOblivion wrote: Im not sure what number i am! Viva La Final Fantasy

You are number six!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 07:09:20

Been playing FFX (the only FF game I have) and I'm stuck fighting that Al Bhed Crawler. I just can't beat it. I hope I can after a few more attempts because I really don't want to toss this game to the side and ignore it.

Ordered a copy of X-2 which I know is meant to be awful but I was curious to see it for myself. First think I do when it arrives is take a look at the back of the box and what do I see? Yuna holding what are essentially two gold plated desert eagles. lol wtf. Maybe I'm just not far enough into X to understand but that's crazy.

Also have a copy of XII on the way, but it may be a while before I ever play that. I'm really wanting to play some of the older games in the series. VII and IX in particular. I know Jawdyn loves him some FF and he told me they're his favourite.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 09:51:09

At 6/27/12 07:09 AM, Dean wrote: Been playing FFX (the only FF game I have) and I'm stuck fighting that Al Bhed Crawler. I just can't beat it. I hope I can after a few more attempts because I really don't want to toss this game to the side and ignore it.

Try to use Lightning-elemental weapons, and leave the thing that creates the magic barrier alone. If you destroy it, the boss will use incredibly powerful attacks. If you have any Hourglass items (I think they can cause Slow), have Rikku use them on the boss. Lastly, be generous with your Hi-potions.
Hope that helps.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-27 19:49:24

At 6/27/12 03:49 AM, Kwing wrote: Wow, FFIX has gotten quite a few mentions in this thread... Though Tactics is my favorite of the series, I'm increasingly curious about FFVI and FFIX in particular. And FFIII, since it's so obscure and everyone says it's the hardest in the series.

Oh I love Tactics as well, having completed the hard mod for the game :) Archael is fucking amazing.

I would rank it up against FFVI and IX respectively. I personally thought III was garbage, V outshines it in every department.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-28 09:05:20

At 6/27/12 07:09 AM, Dean wrote: Been playing FFX (the only FF game I have) and I'm stuck fighting that Al Bhed Crawler. I just can't beat it. I hope I can after a few more attempts because I really don't want to toss this game to the side and ignore it.

Ah yes, I remember this boss damn well. From my first playthrough, it was one boss that I struggled with but I assure you that it does get worse and this isn't considering the side bosses. If your characters aren't up to the strengths of the later bosses, some grinding will need to be done. I'll say right now that from these bosses, I had the most trouble with Seymour Flux. Then again, most of this wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't attempt to raise the characters early in the wrong direction at the Sphere Grid. I wanted more than one character to learn black magic earlier on. :P

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-06-28 12:13:14

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT. easy take out the things it projects, then summon quickly with grand summon with yuna make sure your aeon already has a overdrive (so It has 2) and you should be able to take it out quickly.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-09 14:35:34

The greatest thing about Final Fantasy other than the storyline is the music. most catchiest music I've ever heard. Especially FFIX battle theme and FFVI boss theme. i'm saving up my money to get a 3DS and buy Final Fantasy: theatrythm (along with other games but mainly that) but before i do that, is it really worth buying?

Oh and I can't wait for the FFX HD remake to come out and i hope it doesn't take Square Enix too long what with the Final Fantasy XIII Versus and all.

I bought these two items from a cosplay which is a "Kingdom Key" or better known as the "Keyblade" from "Kingdom Hearts" and a "Gun Blade" used by Squall Leonhart in "Final fantasy XIII" and see what you guys think :)

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-09 17:04:34

At 7/9/12 02:35 PM, trkemzzy wrote: The greatest thing about Final Fantasy other than the storyline is the music. most catchiest music I've ever heard. Especially FFIX battle theme and FFVI boss theme. i'm saving up my money to get a 3DS and buy Final Fantasy: theatrythm (along with other games but mainly that) but before i do that, is it really worth buying?

Oh and I can't wait for the FFX HD remake to come out and i hope it doesn't take Square Enix too long what with the Final Fantasy XIII Versus and all.

I bought these two items from a cosplay which is a "Kingdom Key" or better known as the "Keyblade" from "Kingdom Hearts" and a "Gun Blade" used by Squall Leonhart in "Final fantasy XIII" and see what you guys think :)

The keyblade I like and was going to purchase one myself, but I wound up buying a Master Sword instead (Legend of Zelda)

I do have a keyblade necklace though.

The gunblade I'm not to fond of, the keyblade works well because it is suppose to be silly and not realistic in any way. If I was going to get a gunblade it would be full metal, with a fully functional firing gun. I'm not sure such a thing exists, as I've looked and ended up settling for a buster sword instead.

This isn't my sword, but it looks exactly like it.

Final Fantasy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-10 12:14:06

I just learned about the enemy skill materia in Final Fantasy VII. I wish I would have gotten it before I left Midgar instead of getting it at the part with the Shin Ra parade.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-11 12:56:29

At 7/10/12 12:14 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I just learned about the enemy skill materia in Final Fantasy VII. I wish I would have gotten it before I left Midgar instead of getting it at the part with the Shin Ra parade.

you can backtrack and get a few of the Enemy skills

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-12 10:42:38

At 7/9/12 02:35 PM, trkemzzy wrote: a "Gun Blade" used by Squall Leonhart in "Final fantasy XIII"

Motherfucking what. I hope that's just a typo and you didn't actually buy a prop without even knowing what game it's from. If there's one thing I despise about cosplayers more than anything else it's when they roleplay a character from a franchise they know literally nothing about.

I've considered getting a functioning, full metal revolver gunblade replica several times but talked myself out of it because of the prices (plus I don't have any interest in ever cosplaying, especially not squall, so it would just sit on my wall). Plus I don't think my powerlevel is that high yet, but some day...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-12 14:35:35

At 7/12/12 10:42 AM, Jackho wrote:
I've considered getting a functioning, full metal revolver gunblade replica several times but talked myself out of it because of the prices (plus I don't have any interest in ever cosplaying, especially not squall, so it would just sit on my wall). Plus I don't think my powerlevel is that high yet, but some day...

Buster Sword has like 394398353 times more swag factor, so if you're gonna splurge on something that's my rec.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-12 16:52:56

At 7/12/12 02:35 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Buster Sword has like 394398353 times more swag factor, so if you're gonna splurge on something that's my rec.

yeah the Buster Sword in FFVII AC is quite BA indeed.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 07:41:34

hahaha oops i meant to type "Final fantasy VIII" not "Final Fantasy XIII." Just got mixed up with the X and the V (i don't even know how that's possible -.-) but thanks for correcting me :)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 12:32:54

At 7/11/12 12:56 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/10/12 12:14 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I just learned about the enemy skill materia in Final Fantasy VII. I wish I would have gotten it before I left Midgar instead of getting it at the part with the Shin Ra parade.
you can backtrack and get a few of the Enemy skills

How many are there in Midgar? I can't go back to Midgar. I believe the Midgar Zolom has one, I think it is west or south of the Chocobo farm in the marshes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 14:06:05

At 7/12/12 02:35 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Buster Sword has like 394398353 times more swag factor, so if you're gonna splurge on something that's my rec.

Nah I've already decided on a gunblade, I just think it looks cooler even if the concept it retarded. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a buster sword and maybe even a masamune at some point too. I'd love a replica of Tidus' brotherhood too but I assume their harder to come by.

At 7/13/12 12:32 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: How many are there in Midgar? I can't go back to Midgar. I believe the Midgar Zolom has one, I think it is west or south of the Chocobo farm in the marshes.

You should just look up an ES guide, there's loads.

How far are you? You can dig up a key to midgar in that bone village in the north whose name I can't remember. I wouldn't worry too much though, as long as you have Big Guard, Aqualung, Trine and maybe Beta you're sorted.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 18:09:09

At 7/13/12 12:32 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: How many are there in Midgar? I can't go back to Midgar. I believe the Midgar Zolom has one, I think it is west or south of the Chocobo farm in the marshes.

Here ya go a Enemy skill Guide

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 19:46:10

Does anyone know how to defeat that robot when you get to shinra's under water base? I keep getting my party ( cid, cloud, vincent ) KO'd. I've tried using Regen on all my party members, but that fucker is using some reflect move even when he hasn't casted it. I also trid using lightning attacks as well. Should I just grind?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 20:56:47

At 7/13/12 07:46 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Does anyone know how to defeat that robot when you get to shinra's under water base? I keep getting my party ( cid, cloud, vincent ) KO'd. I've tried using Regen on all my party members, but that fucker is using some reflect move even when he hasn't casted it. I also trid using lightning attacks as well. Should I just grind?

Grind a bit level up your characters and get a a Barrier and Time Materia Maxed so you can get Haste and Wall you will be faster and protected.

if you need to grind go to the area whe Junon, the player can pull an alarm in the tunnel that leads to the Junon Underwater Reactor, which will allow the player to fight strong enemies from the start of Disc 2, which yields high EXP and AP, as well as high Gil. This method is recognized as a sound way to grind in any solo character challenge.

its great for grinding and Leveling Materia.

do that and you should be able to easily beat him.