00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

960,542 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 18:13:51

At 8/20/07 06:12 PM, Xtesh wrote: And yes, Lifestream, I will try harder. I really hate the way the balloons are placed when the other rider gets all 4-7 at the first portion before you take that right turn.

The trainer will always get the first balloon. So if you direct yourself to the second, you'll get that the the remaining ones.

Then follow the path on the outside right, going in and back out whenever birds are coming forth.

Thats how I did it, took me 3/4 tries.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-20 22:39:20

At 8/20/07 03:27 PM, zerosub0 wrote: how long will final fantasy go?

Final Fantasy is called that for a reason: It's never final :P.

Anyways, I'm reviving my old file of Final Fantasy 10, and I'll get a MAINLY complete file: I'm not doing these:
The Lightning Dodge (mommy...)
The Chocobo thingy (You can't pay me to)

I'll do the rest though.

Todays progress: Massive progress, went from the Thunder Plains to home, and I became over-leveled in the process :) I have all but 2 primers from another data... but I don't quite know where to get S and T...

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 13:54:01

At 8/20/07 03:31 PM, Nev wrote: I can't see it going longer than XX, maybe even XV.

I think they can get up to XX, even though they seem to take more and more time making the newer games now.

So who knows, maybe it'll go on a lot longer.

I'll like it to go on as long as Square still have great ideas for future FF games. If they end up making nothing but shitty games, then I'd want them to stop.

Hopefully that will never happen.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 14:08:56

At 8/21/07 01:54 PM, Bahamut wrote:
I'll like it to go on as long as Square still have great ideas for future FF games. If they end up making nothing but shitty games, then I'd want them to stop.
Hopefully that will never happen.

My thoughts exactly. But i don´t think they will come out with shitty games...right?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 14:17:23

True-blue FF fan here, I got em all!:D The first IV-V are a tad disapointing, VII is the best!:)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 14:29:43

W00t beat Penance.
Then went and finished the game.
I love the ending, thankfully its piss easy to finish, so I might go complete it again just to watch Tidus slap hands with Jecht :).

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 18:53:28

Oh, I'm a lucky bastard too.
I was fighting Penance with the ultimate strategy so I couldn't lose. And I added my own shit so I was basically just owning him so bad.
But I had Yuna in my party, and you know how she mights more with full MP? Well I was able to leave her with 0MP after that attack he does - Rikku's Freedom X mix ;).

Anyway, she was only hitting 50,000 or just under 99,999 every now and then. And I was determined to Overkil him, else I'd have restarted cause I couldn't have lived with myself :P. So Yuna's turn is up and I'm thinking the end of the battle is nigh, and I decide I should keep her MP high now so I can Overkill Mr. P.
So I use Quick Pockets - Turbo Ether, then on her turn immediately after, Overkill : 99,999.
I'm a lucky bastard :D.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-21 23:20:03

At 8/20/07 03:29 PM, Jackotrades wrote:
At 8/20/07 03:27 PM, zerosub0 wrote: how long will final fantasy go?
Eventually, they will have to think of a new name for it, I hardly classify FF 312412 as "Final"

Obviously you don't know why the first games was called "The Final Fantasy."

See, Square back in thise days was going broke, so they decided that they would make one more game, then give it up. The made a fantasy and called it "Final Fantasy" due to it being, as I said, their final game. It saved the company, and they're still milking it.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 02:52:30

By the by, is anyone watching the Final Fantasy Retrospective over at GameTrailers? Rather informative thing, that.

So, what's everyone's favorite character design(s)? No, I don't mean personality or your favorite character, but in terms of the physical. Who's the coolest?

For me, it's:
Rikku (FFX-2) - Isn't it obvious? >.>;;;
Tidus (FFX) - A superb outfit, with many inricate details, cool pant/short combo and a nifty hoody.
Squall (FFVIII) - The jacket says it all, and his Gunblade adds to it.

At 8/20/07 08:36 AM, Xtesh wrote: I'm kind of curious about this. Does this mean that you don't use any spheres AT ALL? Because that would be kind of impossible to do at one point.

I believe your forced to get a few, like in the tutorial, but yeah, that's the jist of it. It requires vast amounts of Rikku's Mix ability and items and status weapons.

At 8/20/07 10:22 AM, Xtesh wrote: Somebody please kill me.... Getting Tidus' sigil is taking too long, it's boring and it's impossible.
I can't get any better than a 3.0 seconds as my top score.

Loooooser. :P
Keep trying, bud. Luck is a factor. Sometimes you'll just end up on a good run against the seagulls.

At 8/20/07 02:43 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Now hold on, it isnt time to kill him because he cant do a simple thing like get the tidus sigil, here are a few pointers.......

He asked for it. :P

(GET ALL THE BALLOONS!!!! You need to have 0.0 seconds!)
(Avoid those damn birds! use some moves on them.)

Actually, you need LESS than 0.00. People have gotten 0.00 (Myself included) and still not received the mystical item.

At 8/20/07 03:04 PM, Nev wrote: My Passado does like 5,000. And Mindy has 255 strength.
And Tidus has max luck, yet he only does 25,000 Blitz Ace against Dark Aeons/Penance.
Maybe the Int. Version is just gay like that?

That or it's just the Dark Aeons.
What kind of damage do you inflict on say some of the stronger original creations?

At 8/20/07 05:41 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I can just imagine us telling our grandchildren ´i used to play the very first FF´s when i was young´ while they´re playing through FFXXV :)

Call me corny and a nerd, but that constitutes a warm moment in my mind. :)

At 8/21/07 02:29 PM, Nev wrote: W00t beat Penance.
Then went and finished the game.
I love the ending, thankfully its piss easy to finish, so I might go complete it again just to watch Tidus slap hands with Jecht :).

Major Congrats! Did you find him hard, with your stats as they were? Or was he a cakewalk for an OWNED Sphere Grid?
Jecht is so damn cool. What a drunk. :P

At 8/21/07 11:20 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: See, Square back in thise days was going broke, so they decided that they would make one more game, then give it up. The made a fantasy and called it "Final Fantasy" due to it being, as I said, their final game. It saved the company, and they're still milking it.

Supposedly before the release of Final Fantasy VII, they were in near the same boat, with the console switch and all forcing them to make or break their next installment.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 11:14:33

At 8/22/07 02:52 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Major Congrats! Did you find him hard, with your stats as they were? Or was he a cakewalk for an OWNED Sphere Grid?
Jecht is so damn cool. What a drunk. :P

Jecht or Penance :S?

Jetch is piss no matter how much you've done on the Sphere Grid :P. With max stats I just toyed with him.

But you know that, so I'm sure you meant Penance... and yeah, I found him easy, but that was due to the tactics I used and getting into a routine. On my first few attempts I used Blitz Ace a lot, and as it delays your turn so bad, I cept getting slaughtered as the arms were regenerating at weird times. When I just used Quick Hits I knew where I was and what I had to do when :). It was very nice.

And on the monster arena bosses my Blitz Ace, etc did 99,999, so it was just the Dark Aeons... but the guides make it sound like it should be doing 99,999.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 11:15:29

At 8/21/07 02:08 PM, Life-Stream wrote: My thoughts exactly. But i don´t think they will come out with shitty games...right?

Although they did make a game called Final Fantasy X-2. D:

At 8/21/07 02:17 PM, DrBrownCakes wrote: The first IV-V are a tad disapointing

IV rocks and is the best of the older FF games IMO.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 11:18:50

At 8/22/07 11:15 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Although they did make a game called Final Fantasy X-2. D:

As crap as it is, I still have an amazing urge to play it.
I'm buying a copy on Friday I believe :). Since I lost my old one :(.

I think the only thing wrong with it is the fact its devoid of manliness and is far too girly.
Besides that its okay.

Or not... I can't remember :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 11:22:55

At 8/22/07 11:18 AM, Nev wrote: As crap as it is, I still have an amazing urge to play it.

Meh, you can get it if you want.

I think the only thing wrong with it is the fact its devoid of manliness and is far too girly.

Actually, there's a few more things wrong with X-2 such as the horrible music on it and the way the game was set out with this crappy chapters thing.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 11:39:38

At 8/22/07 11:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Meh, you can get it if you want.

You're not my mother :P. You couldn't stop even if you said I couldn't :P.
Then again neither could my mum... but she's paying :D.

Actually, there's a few more things wrong with X-2 such as the horrible music on it and the way the game was set out with this crappy chapters thing.

Ahh, the music was awful, but I'd put that in the girly catagory.
And Nobuo was absent wasn't he?
And the chapters wasn't really that bad, it wasn't as nice as a nice linear FF, but hey, they tried something new at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 13:12:13

OH!! I just thought of a good question!

which FF was better?

4 or 6?

The Clash of the Snes FFs! (Aside from 5, which never came out on the US Snes.)

Personally, 6 manages to just be a little better than 4, They both are great, but 6 seemed longer and better.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 14:52:32

At 8/22/07 02:52 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: By the by, is anyone watching the Final Fantasy Retrospective over at GameTrailers? Rather informative thing, that.

Never seen it, but i just put the first 3 on to download and i´ll get the rest once they´re finished. Thanks.

Call me corny and a nerd, but that constitutes a warm moment in my mind. :)

It will be a warm moment. And believe me, that day will come, and when it does....remember you´re fellow FF crew members.

At 8/22/07 01:12 PM, Jackotrades wrote: OH!! I just thought of a good question!

which FF was better?

4 or 6?

in my opinion, i think FF6 was better. I liked the characters and the world more. There were many a character to choose from, and they were all pretty different. Overall, i think it was great - plus the music was badass.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 17:25:04

Hey. Sorry for double post, but just wanted to ask....did anyone here ever play FF Crystal Chronicles for the gamecube? I did, but it wasn´t that great. I brought it thinking it would be better, but was a little dissapointed. I got all the way to the end boss but got stuck and didn´t feel like training any more so i left it there.....my gamecubes been in my basement for about 2 years now.
Well anyway, they´re bringing out a sequel for the DS. FFCC Tales of fate of some ballbags like that. I dunno what it´ll be like, but i think the main think it has going for it would be 4 player action.

And i just saw a trailer for FFXII Revenant Wings, and i must say it looks alot better than i thought. It actually looks pretty good. I´m thinking of buying it and stealing my sisters pink DS just to play it XD It´s sort of like FFT graphics, but with sweet cutscenes and fast paced battles.....looks good.

Comments?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 18:54:55

I actually Liked Crystal Chronicles, though my disc kept erasing my files so I did an endurance for 4 days and beat it........then it didnt lose the memory since....I hate it for that.....

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 19:04:11

ellu! final fantasy maniac here lol i dont know what number i am..didnt want to read 800 someting pages :P but i love ff3 (i think ff5 in japan) ff7,8,9,10,10-2 sorta, but only becuase i hafent played the rest supid ps1 and ps2 broke ><

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 19:13:46

hmmm lol what if final fantasy truely DOMINATED the world? wed replavce our presidents monuments with final fantasy players evry game will have a ff twist heck even our micovens will be ff based think of it! FINAL FANTASY FLAKES !!! but we dont like it that much.....or do we? o here is an random picture if a cat getting owned lol

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 19:19:41

For me, it's:
Rikku (FFX-2) - Isn't it obvious? >.>;;;
Tidus (FFX) - A superb outfit, with many inricate details, cool pant/short combo and a nifty hoody.
Squall (FFVIII) - The jacket says it all, and his Gunblade adds to it.

why is your favorite rikku? LOL

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 20:02:29

lol sorry...................................
.................. and yes i want to join and yes i admit i went a little too far that time

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 20:34:09

At 8/22/07 06:54 PM, Jackotrades wrote: I actually Liked Crystal Chronicles, though my disc kept erasing my files so I did an endurance for 4 days and beat it........then it didnt lose the memory since....I hate it for that.....

Crystal Chronicles was a fun game to play. Never got a chance to play that game fully but it was an enjoyable experience. Which reminds me, I gotta find more action figures on Final Fantasy 9 characters. I heard they were quite rare to find but I think people could find them on Ebay. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-22 21:50:01

uhm ff 10 DEFINATLEY! its just that awsome! yet im stuck on this one part cant beat boss i was too lazy to fight no lvl up....well if my ps2 works again i WILL restart ff 10 cuase its on awsome game!!!! i think so far the best if u dont count the classics like ff7 my favorite charecter is ....well its a 4 person stale mate between tidus auron sephiroth,and cloud man i type a lot

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 01:55:33

Final Fantasy. Woo!

At 8/22/07 11:14 AM, Nev wrote: Jecht or Penance :S?

Penance. Jecht has the strength of a Level 1 user with 2 posts and 4 B/P points.

Jetch is piss no matter how much you've done on the Sphere Grid :P. With max stats I just toyed with him.

It's fun to let him live and see some of his moves, isn't it?

But you know that, so I'm sure you meant Penance... and yeah, I found him easy, but that was due to the tactics I used and getting into a routine. On my first few attempts I used Blitz Ace a lot, and as it delays your turn so bad, I cept getting slaughtered as the arms were regenerating at weird times. When I just used Quick Hits I knew where I was and what I had to do when :). It was very nice.

Quick hits are always were it's at, with the odd Overdrive attack thrown in there. :P
How many attempts did it take to bring the beast down?

And on the monster arena bosses my Blitz Ace, etc did 99,999, so it was just the Dark Aeons... but the guides make it sound like it should be doing 99,999.

Makes sense. Congrats again.

At 8/22/07 11:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Although they did make a game called Final Fantasy X-2. D:

It wasn't that bad gameplay-wise, dagnabit. Lots to unlock, an awesome secret dungeon, and tons of jobs to level up!

At 8/22/07 11:53 AM, Xtesh wrote: I'm already watching the first one.

Nifty little bitches, aren't they? :P

Mine would have to be
Jecht(FFX)- Like Tidus, but cool-looking. Not to mention that that scar of his helps his image.
Vincent Valentine(FFVII)- He looks like a vampire, except awesome. Nuff' said.
Fran(FFXII)- She's just smexy. Not to mention that her clothes look kickass.

Vincent's gauntlet was especially cool. Even moreso when you notice he never used it until Dirge Of Cerberus. Pure cosmetic, baby!

I don't see SE going out of business anytime soon, unless the next 453298549365230986302649386784396509 games they make are pure crap. Too many people buy their (few) terrible games for that to happen anyway, even if all they made were terrible games.

Oh, they're on easy street forever, at this point. Reputation wins them money alone as it is.

At 8/22/07 02:52 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Never seen it, but i just put the first 3 on to download and i´ll get the rest once they´re finished. Thanks.

Enjoy 'em. :)

It will be a warm moment. And believe me, that day will come, and when it does....remember you´re fellow FF crew members.

I shall look back on you all fondly and smile. :D

At 8/22/07 05:25 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Comments?

Crystal Chronicles sucked!
But I got a free T-shirt for being the first one to rent it at my local game place. I think they shipped some shirts with the orders.

At 8/22/07 07:19 PM, ketiaro wrote: why is your favorite rikku? LOL

The list wasn't in any order.
But because she's fuckin' sexy. :P

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 06:56:29

At 8/22/07 09:50 PM, ketiaro wrote: uhm ff 10 DEFINATLEY! its just that awsome! yet im stuck on this one part cant beat boss i was too lazy to fight no lvl up....well if my ps2 works again i WILL restart ff 10 cuase its on awsome game!!!! i think so far the best if u dont count the classics like ff7 my favorite charecter is ....well its a 4 person stale mate between tidus auron sephiroth,and cloud man i type a lot

Nah, not really. X sucked pretty bad aside from Blitzball and the sphere grid everything else sucked about it. Tidus was a whiney bitch and Auron was already dead. I think it's nothing though compared to that complete waste of time which is VII. Lowest point in the series, period. Sephiroth was such a pushover of a boss. Not to mention Cloud and his clusterfuck personality that he stole. Worst ones in the series.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 08:38:25

At 8/22/07 11:39 AM, Nev wrote: Ahh, the music was awful, but I'd put that in the girly catagory.

I put it in the shit music category.

And Nobuo was absent wasn't he?

Sadly, yes. D: And he was absent for most of XII, but at least there was a good music composer for that game.

At 8/22/07 01:12 PM, Jackotrades wrote: 4 or 6?

IV!!!

Personally, 6 manages to just be a little better than 4, They both are great, but 6 seemed longer and better.

The problem with 6 is the last place. It annoyed the shit out of me.

At 8/23/07 12:18 AM, Xtesh wrote: Agreed. I thought that the game needed some good ol' fashioned Overworld Map walking.

Meh, the no overworld map on FFX didn't bother me, although I felt that there should've been an overworld map on FFXII because of the airship obsession. Maybe an overworld map on Revenant Wings?

At 8/23/07 01:55 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: It wasn't that bad gameplay-wise, dagnabit. Lots to unlock, an awesome secret dungeon, and tons of jobs to level up!

I never bothered to complete the dungeon. I got to about the 60th floor and gave up. And I remember the dungeon floors were so repetitive and boring.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 09:13:23

At 8/23/07 09:02 AM, Odyssic wrote: Hey all, I haven't post here in a long time. I started to play FF8 and I'm on the third disc. I can't get Eyes on Me song out my head. Anyway I'm looking for FF9 because I really want to play that, I found a shop where I can get it. I just want you people to rate it for me.
What would you rate FF9?

9.5/10, for sure.

Possibly the second best FF game I've played, it plays so much like VII, but with an even better system.

Oh, and the main antagonist looks like a woman.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 17:06:32

At 8/22/07 08:34 PM, Seamonky wrote:
Crystal Chronicles was a fun game to play. Never got a chance to play that game fully but it was an enjoyable experience. Which reminds me, I gotta find more action figures on Final Fantasy 9 characters. I heard they were quite rare to find but I think people could find them on Ebay. :/

I have a few FF9 figures, apart from that Zidane and Dagger one. I just got them out to take pics and my computer´s playing up....can´t read the camera so i can´t post pics right now. I´ll try and get some of them up for the weekend.
Meanwhile i´ll link some pics from the internet of some of the stuff i have.

FFX Tidus´ necklace i have his ring too.
ffx coca cola models - very rare and expensive. I have the WHOLE FFX collection (all main 8 characters in normal and chibi versions and again in red crystal color. All in all 32 little figures)
FF8 figures - i have this whole collection
ff8 cerberus
Zidane and Vivi figure - (i have another set the same as this with Steiner and Dagger but i can´t find a pic for it)

I got alot more shit including key chains, music CD´s, art books, post cards and more....

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-23 17:53:18

Holla! I have started a new FFT file today! How fast has anyone beaten FFT?

BBS Signature