00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,995,889 Views | 60,694 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 02:55:53

At 4/1/08 09:12 AM, NEVR wrote: Barracks roster - Tuesday, April 1st 2008
Promotions:

NEVR - Colonel
AnalPenguinFarming - Master Sergeant

I will have my promotion soon !!!

Special Congratulatory list:

Top gainers, repeat offenders: NEVR (8), Joshiwa (4)

8 times ??? Did you have sleep during the last few months ???

Top 3 biggest average rises: Sterockicy (16.2+), PantyWipe / HeavenDuff (8.5+), I-Love-Caitlyn (8.1+)

I'm frequently on that list. My strategy is to totaly stop B/Ping and than suddenly start again !!!

Random word: Encapsulate

Decapsulate !!!

>>> 34 || [ 05145 ] || [ 0000 ] || [ 000.0 ] || [ 000.0+ ] || Solidone, Sergeant

I'm comin !!!

>>> 35 || [ 04876 ] || [ 0109 ] || [ 015.6 ] || [ 008.5+ ] || HeavenDuff, Corporal

almost 5000 !

>>> 36 || [ 04637 ] || [ 0043 ] || [ 006.1 ] || [ 001.7+ ] || TheThing, Corporal

I'm leavin !!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 05:38:29

i am reporting for portal defence duty dir!
what sections shall i defend sir!

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 06:57:18

At 4/5/08 05:38 AM, samsam72 wrote: i am reporting for portal defence duty dir!

The NGPD would be more appropriate for your rank, Police Officer. The minimum rank to join the Barracks is Private (2,500 B/P).

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 08:53:50

At 4/4/08 07:02 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: Hi sir this is from rage topic http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 3415 they think it may be stolen from here http://www.kongregate.com/games/WiseOldD uck/kabauble.

It is not. I am the author/creator, and I uploaded it both here and there and some other places. Doesn't that happen a lot?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 09:02:31

At 4/5/08 05:38 AM, samsam72 wrote: i am reporting for portal defence duty dir!

Ah, Samsam72...the guy who spammed the PlayStation Empire Thread.

What brings you here? Looking for a place to spam or did that ban i got for ya change the way you post on NewGrounds?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 12:09:52

Do you guys need a janitor? I can clean up crime.

Dun dun duuuuunnnn.

I am gay.

WUT MAKES ME A BAD DEMOMAN?! Well... Fuck...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 12:55:27

At 4/4/08 03:09 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 4/3/08 11:26 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Compared to the way I have been absent from this thread yours absence looks like a person falling asleep for a few hours at the keyboard.
But mine was life getting in the way. Hell, I could barely function normally, let along go on Newgrounds.

Wasn't your's by choice?

No like you I also Have life getting in my way. A job, Bills to pay, as well as sleep. Before My house a
caught on fire back in 2006 I was ver active in this thread as well as NG but when that happened I had
Lost my First labtop with caused me to be less active in this thread. After that I had to get a job to help pay for the damage thee fire caused to my house. I still work at this job even though th e damage has been repaired which as I stated before eat my time.

Also as for my blam gun I almost put the thing down completely except when I am depositing EXP hell I might just voted on already passed stuff to stop it completely at one point.
Happens to me all the time. I A.) don't have enough time to judge the UJ flash fairly, or B.) have a lot of other shit to do, making depositing exactly what it is; a 30 second job.

I feel the same way but I did decide to keep depositing by voting on movies UJ so even though I am not an EGB anymore I will still be using my power to help the portal.

I am retiring from the EGB
Holy shit. Now I feel like I incited you to retire.

No you didn't this has been coming for a long time now when I was removed off the top B/P list in the EGB due to absence that was the near breaking point it made me realize that I was getting old even though I am not even in my mid 20's yet.

And that is quiter talk. We face the same problems as you with Rage's thread and the portal, but we tough it out. If I didn't believe in doing things honestly, I wouldn't be here; I'd be making alt reviewing accounts right now

I have my reasons for slowing down with my whistle. But when you see yor favorite thread take a turn for the worse in several ways it tends to hit yo right in the heart. I loved the Rage thread even more then I loved this thread (for all those who didn't know that now you do don't hold it against me)
It kept me out of trouble back in the day before I got into this thread here ( The mods back then had itchy fingers when it came to using the destroy button as a result I would always get banned since I couldn't tell the difference been good and spam threads)

Also I never said I stopped flagging I said I slowed down I won't give up flagging no matter how bad it gets that is a part of me as well as this account. I just will flag roguely ( In other words I will flag abusive reviews I find Looking though flash and then post my links in the thread I won't flag anyone else links) because lets face it like a lot of people told me in PM the rage thread isn't as realible as it used to be.

Smooches ^_^

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 12:59:12

At 4/5/08 12:09 PM, kenshi2 wrote: Do you guys need a janitor? I can clean up crime.

Dun dun duuuuunnnn.

Sorry but in order to join this club you will need the following

1 2500 B/P total (which will make you an Elite guard private)

2 A decent post history (if you are a spammer or made crappy posts it will hurt your chances of getting in)

3 At least a normal whistle (if you have garbage then you will have to go to the Rage's give to you abuse reviews thread and flag until you have a normal whistle)

When you get to the second B/P rank you can go join the NGPD

Have a nice day

Smooches ^_^

Sorry for the double post guys

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 14:53:42

Someone's trying to spam the portal with alts, they're blammable.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 14:58:25

At 4/5/08 02:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Someone's trying to spam the portal with alts, they're blammable.

I believe its that Flooder guy right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 15:12:20

At 4/5/08 02:58 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 4/5/08 02:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Someone's trying to spam the portal with alts, they're blammable.
I believe its that Flooder guy right?

Yes it's him

I flagged it each time I blam them

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 19:04:32

Help! i been asked to join the Garbabe Whistle Club GBC for short the by this user http://sparkwattclock.newgrounds.com/ he asked me. He seems like a really nice user i would not mind joining but does dont some of these groups had a bad reputation for spamming. I dont want to be though as as a user who joined a spammy club. I dont want to give EGB as bad game but i dont want to upset him either any help would be nice.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 19:07:34

At 4/5/08 07:04 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Help! i been asked to join the Garbabe Whistle Club GBC for short the by this user http://sparkwattclock.newgrounds.com/ he asked me. He seems like a really nice user i would not mind joining but does dont some of these groups had a bad reputation for spamming. I dont want to be though as as a user who joined a spammy club. I dont want to give EGB as bad game but i dont want to upset him either any help would be nice.

I wouldn't join them, they are in league with the L7C which are full of attention whores and dumb asses who spam the portal everyday. Would you really want to be associated with that?

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 19:25:19

I wouldn't join them, they are in league with the L7C which are full of attention whores and dumb asses who spam the portal everyday. Would you really want to be associated with that?

No i would not i was afraid that of that ,but they not as bad as L7C but i wont join thanks for replying.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 22:33:04

At 4/5/08 12:55 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 4/4/08 03:09 PM, TheThing wrote: Wasn't your's by choice?
No like you I also Have life getting in my way

Oh, I wasn't exactly sure why you vanished. My activity ebs and flows, so I might have missed that.

I know it's a tad late, but I'm sorry your house burned down. That sucks. It really does.

I feel the same way but I did decide to keep depositing by voting on movies UJ so even though I am not an EGB anymore I will still be using my power to help the portal.

Hey, any help we can get.

Holy shit. Now I feel like I incited you to retire.
No you didn't this has been coming for a long time now when I was removed off the top B/P list in the EGB due to absence that was the near breaking point it made me realize that I was getting old even though I am not even in my mid 20's yet.

Aye, but you're getting old to be active on an internet flash site. It's one thing to stop by every once in a while on the BBS, or go to the portal to see some flashes, but to be as active as a 14-18 year old here seems a little weird.

And that is quiter talk. We face the same problems as you with Rage's thread and the portal, but we tough it out. If I didn't believe in doing things honestly, I wouldn't be here; I'd be making alt reviewing accounts right now
I have my reasons for slowing down with my whistle. But when you see yor favorite thread take a turn for the worse in several ways it tends to hit yo right in the heart. I loved the Rage thread even more then I loved this thread (for all those who didn't know that now you do don't hold it against me)

It's true; to see something that you had spent a lot of time in, and helped out immensely turn into a joke, it hurts. My Boy Scout troop is going through that right now; a lot of the cooler members became too old to stay in, or just don't show up a lot anymore. So now the troop is mainly consists of screaming 11-13 year-olds, with a couple older guys thrown in there. Of course, I'm in charge of trying to bring it back to its former glory.

Also I never said I stopped flagging I said I slowed down I won't give up flagging no matter how bad it gets

Alright, fair enough. But someone who has as much influence and power as you do should be on the front lines, destroying the bad stuff. I know life gets in the way, but even just 30 minutes (or less) of being in the trenches can help out a lot. Think of how many people visit this site every day; how many write reviews or submit movies/games to the portal. Just knowing that some one as respected and powerful as yourself is out there, fighting with you in a sense, is pretty moralizing.

Smooches ^_^

Kisses ^_^

You know, on second thought, that sounds pretty gay when it comes from a guy.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 23:05:38

At 4/5/08 10:33 PM, TheThing wrote: Aye, but you're getting old to be active on an internet flash site. It's one thing to stop by every once in a while on the BBS, or go to the portal to see some flashes, but to be as active as a 14-18 year old here seems a little weird.

"Getting too old"? Dude, there's tons of people on Newgrounds in their mid 20's, and even some in their 30's and 40's. Not just run of the mill crappy users either - awesome users like Coop83, who's 24, Haggard, who's 26, gfoxcook, who's 30, and ReconRebel, who's 43. Plenty of mods are in their mid 20's and beyond, too (FIGMENTUM is 44).

The great thing about Newgrounds is that it has an area of appeal for everyone - for example, ReconRebel writes a lot of fiction, and uses NG to get feedback on his work. No such thing as being 'too old' IMO. In fact, we could use more older members, rather than the multitude of teenagers that tend to mess this place up beyond recognition.

My Boy Scout troop is going through that right now; a lot of the cooler members became too old to stay in, or just don't show up a lot anymore. So now the troop is mainly consists of screaming 11-13 year-olds, with a couple older guys thrown in there. Of course, I'm in charge of trying to bring it back to its former glory.

OK, to reinforce what I'm saying - imagine if your boy scout troop was devoid of any older, more responsible members. It would be crap, because all you'd be left with is the little kids who just want to mess about without any responsibility. You need the older members to help keep those people in line, and set something of an example. Sure, it's much more unusual for much older adults to stick around in scouts, but you obviously get them, otherwise there would be no adult instructors (don't know the proper name for them - never was a boy scout). You can apply that analogy perfectly to NG, as you've done, and now I've done too.

I'm sure I've made my point. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-05 23:58:49

At 4/5/08 11:05 PM, NEVR wrote:

Hahaha, Yes you have.

Thanks for setting the record straight because I was offended by that and I am glad you managed a better retort than I could of.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 00:58:59

At 4/5/08 11:05 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 4/5/08 10:33 PM, TheThing wrote: Aye, but you're getting old to be active on an internet flash site. It's one thing to stop by every once in a while on the BBS, or go to the portal to see some flashes, but to be as active as a 14-18 year old here seems a little weird.
"Getting too old"? Dude, there's tons of people on Newgrounds in their mid 20's, and even some in their 30's and 40's.

Yes, because a bunch of 20-30, and sometimes 40 year olds hanging out on a predominately teenage geek site isn't weird at all.

The great thing about Newgrounds is that it has an area of appeal for everyone - for example, ReconRebel writes a lot of fiction, and uses NG to get feedback on his work.

First off, this is seen as a Flash/Forum site, even if people use it for other things. Second, it doesn't look like he misses a lot of deposits, B/Ps, or posts, making his use of the site much like mine; for the forum and portal, but also some feedback on writing.

No such thing as being 'too old' IMO. In fact, we could use more older members, rather than the multitude of teenagers that tend to mess this place up beyond recognition.

No, we could use more mature members, not 20-30 somethings patrolling the BBS. If people would act like they had 2 brain cells to rub together, this place would be much nicer.

Also, why would Newgrounds want the same reputation as Myspace; a place for sexual pedophiles to look for potential under-age boys (and the occasional girl).

OK, to reinforce what I'm saying - imagine if your boy scout troop was devoid of any older, more responsible members. It would be crap, because all you'd be left with is the little kids who just want to mess about without any responsibility. You need the older members to help keep those people in line, and set something of an example. Sure, it's much more unusual for much older adults to stick around in scouts, but you obviously get them, otherwise there would be no adult instructors (don't know the proper name for them - never was a boy scout). You can apply that analogy perfectly to NG, as you've done, and now I've done too.

Actually, they would have the Scout Master (the adult leader of the troop), which would be one of the scouts' dad. They would have knowledge of whatever the scout needed to learn. Worse comes to worse, they read the manual. Granted, it wouldn't be as good, but the first Boy Scout troops didn't really have any experience when they started; making each troop a disorganized mess. Until a couple years had gone by, the troops really relied on the Handbook to get them through whatever needed to be gotten through.

And before you strike a comparison, the Scout Master would be like an admin, not an older scout.

You did. But I can't be swayed from a point, no matter what it is, no matter my stance.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 02:36:00

At 4/6/08 12:58 AM, TheThing wrote: stuff, junk, nonsense, idiocy

Shut up

Anyway

I just got a promotion , so Brig. General Joshiwa reporting in.

*Salutes*

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 09:34:53

At 4/6/08 02:36 AM, Joshiwa wrote:

Congratulations!

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 11:22:28

At 4/6/08 12:58 AM, TheThing wrote: You did. But I can't be swayed from a point, no matter what it is, no matter my stance.

Closed minded, much? Bottom line: older users are going to continue using this site, regardless of your teenage whinings.

At 4/6/08 02:36 AM, Joshiwa wrote: I just got a promotion , so Brig. General Joshiwa reporting in.

*Salutes*

Congrats dude, I'm slowly making my way towards it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 22:36:03

Shut up

I was just saying that it was a little childish for a 35 year old man who doesn't make flash to frequent a flash site. Pardon me for being in a normal society.

Nice job. You're on what, 1,500 point gaps now?

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-06 22:49:24

Hey guys, just got my Sergeant rank !! Just wanted to let you know :P

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 00:22:00

At 4/6/08 10:36 PM, TheThing wrote:
Shut up
I was just saying that it was a little childish for a 35 year old man who doesn't make flash to frequent a flash site. Pardon me for being in a normal society.

Nice job. You're on what, 1,500 point gaps now?

*Salutes*

You have so many holes in your theory its just frustrating.

I have been at the 2,000 point gap for the last two ranks. Getting so much closer to my goal of Supreme Commander.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 12:22:57

Well I helped with getting the New NGPD going in the form of organizing a roster for them. TheNossinator started it, and is in charge of their roster until he graduates here.

I also left a reminder for NGPD members about our Guardsman position, so hopefully we'll get a few more people applying for the position.

Stero is doing roster duty this week, so remember to look out for that tomorrow.

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 12:35:39

At 4/7/08 12:22 PM, NEVR wrote: Well I helped with getting the New NGPD going in the form of organizing a roster for them. TheNossinator started it, and is in charge of their roster until he graduates here.

I also left a reminder for NGPD members about our Guardsman position, so hopefully we'll get a few more people applying for the position.

Stero is doing roster duty this week, so remember to look out for that tomorrow.

Salutes:::

I read your post and I thought it was a good idea of them to start a roster so they can have some sort of order. Hopefully that will encourage a few more of them to get more active in the portal and have some more recruits.

I can't wait for the update tomorrow.

*Salutes*

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 17:20:05

At 4/6/08 10:49 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hey guys, just got my Sergeant rank !! Just wanted to let you know :P

Congratulations Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 18:32:07

At 4/7/08 12:22 PM, NEVR wrote: I also left a reminder for NGPD members about our Guardsman position, so hopefully we'll get a few more people applying for the position.

absolutely... those 2... want to be part of the EGB as soon as possible... they won't stay on Guardsmen rank too much...

Salutes:::

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 21:34:25

At 4/7/08 05:20 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 4/6/08 10:49 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Hey guys, just got my Sergeant rank !! Just wanted to let you know :P
Congratulations Man!

Oh thanks !
I feel so happy now, I love you guys :')

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-07 23:09:53

At 4/7/08 12:22 AM, Joshiwa wrote: You have so many holes in your theory its just frustrating.

Whatever. I really don't feel like debating this. I've got my opinions, you've got your's, let's leave it at that.

But why I'm really posting here is to whore out Chapter 2 of What to do When You're Dead, for those who care.

I suggest a read; I give a brief (very brief) overview in the opening paragraph, so those wanting a less talk more walk story can have their cake and eat it too.