00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GreenNakamuraGPC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,007,349 Views | 60,770 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-12 12:46:44

Given this guy's past history, I have no reason to believe either of these are his. However... damned if I can find the originals.
They're probably coming from 4chan somewhere... which I refuse to ever go to. Bugger.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-13 16:05:38

At 1/11/11 11:16 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Bullshit getting through the portal? No kidding? Earlier today I made a thread ranting about how some 0.1 KB flash that didn't have a download to an extrenal source got passed Judgement. I mean come on even with today atrocious stat whoring it should have been blammed. But some how it managed to squeak by. It was deleted later, but still as I said in my thread before Poozy lock it the Admins need to bring back the consequences for bad voting.

Maybe after those bad statwhores lose the points they want so badly maybe they will learn to watch the flash movie and vote correctly on it.

Yeah that would be the correct thing to do considering. And well as bad as my depositing is around here i'm happy I finally got the crowbar. And don't know if I have a favorite level that I want to get to but that's probably because I haven't reallly thought about it that much. But will still weild my crowbar proudly and will try to up my b/p rank while voting fairly.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-13 16:23:41

Stolen Flash Alert

Probably from

http://www.gimigames.com/directgame.13.1 .1.html

This is kind of obvious, user profile created on the 7th, with a googlemail.com email account.

Yeaaaa... stolen in my book.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 05:27:27

Questionable Flash. The description said it was taken from a users YouTube profile, and slightly edited, but unfortunately there YouTube profile has been closed.

Description:
"Hello I got this webcam footage off pimpinmastadx's youtube. Guys a legend. I edited a little bit but hey you never know if your hero is watching!"

I'm not going to flag it, because I don't have enough evidence.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 05:32:59

At 1/12/11 12:46 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9113
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9115
Given this guy's past history, I have no reason to believe either of these are his. However... damned if I can find the originals.
They're probably coming from 4chan somewhere... which I refuse to ever go to. Bugger.

Sorry about the double post, but I can't believe his account hasn't been deleted yet. Honestly, I would think after stealing 10+ submissions, it would have been. Those are definitely stolen.

At 1/10/11 01:28 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 1/10/11 12:02 AM, Jolly wrote: It's defiantly a legit submission.
Just to correct a tiny error: Definitely is not Defiantly. Defiantly means in-spite of something and in contrast to it. Some browsers change to it, just a note, not a grammar Nazi, I'm a grammar Jew.

Corrected.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 09:52:02

Stolen alert

Yet another person trying to pass off chocobreak as their work. When will these people ever learn not to try passing off a tutorial as their work?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 10:34:59

The comments says it all

"I didn't steal this, I just posted it here because It isn't there" That is like saying I mess with your lover I just mess with her because you didn't do it yet. Both are wrong and it is easy whistle points here.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 11:21:16

At 1/14/11 09:52 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Stolen alert

Yet another person trying to pass off chocobreak as their work. When will these people ever learn not to try passing off a tutorial as their work?

You know what disappoints me most? The fact that pressing play will take you to another unrelated page... and it passed. There's no game at all. Another obvious clue that a majority of portal voters don't even bother to play what they're voting.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 11:46:16

At 1/14/11 11:21 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 1/14/11 09:52 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Stolen alert

You know what disappoints me most? The fact that pressing play will take you to another unrelated page... and it passed. There's no game at all. Another obvious clue that a majority of portal voters don't even bother to play what they're voting.

It is because of shit like is that that people are running around with Blam 45 Saves 26574. I know that Blam points don't come like they used to, but come on they are there if PEOPLE WOULD WATCH THE STUFF THEY VOTE ON!

But on another note their is a small percentage of the voters who think their vote don't have any power because when they vote to blam 9/10 the flash get protected by blind voters. So they get punished for doing the right thing while those abusing the system get more powerful. The sad thing is that are forgetting is that the first 200 votes a movie/game gets has more effect on a flash then any of the others.

I mean a flash can't get TOTW, UDOTW, Review check, or any of the other awards without first passing judgement. If the new voters trying to do the right thing realize this a lot of the spam and shitty flash that would pass would get blammed.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 18:38:16

Another Choco Break. These things leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 22:29:07

At 1/14/11 06:38 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9344

At least they're not as common as they were at first. Seems like I saw 10 of them a day, and they all passed for some reason..

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 22:31:49

At 1/14/11 06:38 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Another Choco Break. These things leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Looks like this one passed. I guess we all learned a lesson. If you can't get something through the portal, try and try again until people get sick of blamming it. I may not be up to full speed on this but is there something wrong with it or is it just a submission that keeps popping up?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-14 22:41:58

At 1/14/11 10:31 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 1/14/11 06:38 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Another Choco Break. These things leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Looks like this one passed. I guess we all learned a lesson. If you can't get something through the portal, try and try again until people get sick of blamming it. I may not be up to full speed on this but is there something wrong with it or is it just a submission that keeps popping up?

I don't think they're ever blammed. They all pass, because people don't pay attention to the actual content and vote based on file size, and then Wade deletes them.

If you didn't know, ClickTeam made this thing, similar to Flash, that makes making flash really easy.. Choco Break is the tutorial that teaches you how to do everything, and because anybody can easily edit it a bit, different variations of it are submitted over and over again.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 04:48:18

Here we go again

Yet another choco break knock off. When will people get creative and not post a tutorial as their own work?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 15:32:15

At 1/14/11 10:41 PM, Jolly wrote:
If you didn't know, ClickTeam made this thing, similar to Flash, that makes making flash really easy.. Choco Break is the tutorial that teaches you how to do everything, and because anybody can easily edit it a bit, different variations of it are submitted over and over again.

I don't know how many times I have to call you guys out for being wrong on this, but don't state wrong facts. It really makes you look ignorant because well... ignorant is the right word for situations like this. The tutorial is nothing but writing and directions.

People actually have to put these things together all by themselves. I followed the tutorial and it takes a couple of hours to make this game. These people aren't just stealing a pre-made game and editing it here and there. Instead, they are opening up the program and making this game from scratch by following the directions.

That being said, the games should obviously not be submitted unless they make drastic changes to them. Just don't make it sound like these people aren't doing anything and are just using this premade file because that's not how it really works.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 15:41:56

At 1/14/11 06:38 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9344

In fact, did any of you play this game for more than 10 seconds before jumping on it being the tutorial? This game only shares one thing like the tutorial. It uses the same graphics. it would have been nice to see different graphics, but other than that it's nothing like it.

The tutorial doesn't include levels while this has several levels. On top of that it was an "upgrade" feature where you can get extra lives. The tutorial doesn't even teach you how to do that. This is a pretty big change and should have passed like it did.

Everyone should take their own advice and give something a chance by actually viewing or playing it before jumping to a conclusion.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 18:57:36

At 1/15/11 03:32 PM, Fro wrote:

If that's true, why do they all have the same exact graphics? They all have the same Choco-Break menu and the same character. I haven't personally followed the tutorial (I've barely even used GF2) but unless they give you all of the graphics in the tutorial, there has to be some way to download a tutorial that can be edited.

At 1/15/11 03:41 PM, Fro wrote:
In fact, did any of you play this game for more than 10 seconds before jumping on it being the tutorial? This game only shares one thing like the tutorial. It uses the same graphics. it would have been nice to see different graphics, but other than that it's nothing like it.

The tutorial doesn't include levels while this has several levels. On top of that it was an "upgrade" feature where you can get extra lives. The tutorial doesn't even teach you how to do that. This is a pretty big change and should have passed like it did.

Everyone should take their own advice and give something a chance by actually viewing or playing it before jumping to a conclusion.

Wade has removed submissions that only add levels. If they only add levels, don't change the title or graphics, it's still technically stolen. They didn't put any effort into the flash other than simply moving a few blocks around. In my opinion, that still counts as being stolen.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 19:56:00

At 1/15/11 06:57 PM, Jolly wrote:
If that's true, why do they all have the same exact graphics?

It's because the program is preloaded with hundreds of graphics and the tutorial has you use those graphics. There were some graphics in the game that I was talking about that wasn't included in the tutorial.

They didn't put any effort into the flash other than simply moving a few blocks around.

I think you need to try the program yourself before you keep talking at your rear end. You don't think it's some miracle program that allows you to make a game with no effort right? Like I said, at least an hour has to be put into even making the tutorial game itself. They start from scratch.

It's really not that much different than flash except for it allows people who don't understand actionscript to add actions. Instead of some code you push a few buttons here and there, but it's far from being an instant effortless program by far.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 20:15:56

They're still considered stolen. It doesn't matter if they put effort into it. If you follow a tutorial exactly and don't change anything besides the levels, I'd say it's still considered stolen.

Tom Fulp himself has even said that the Choco Break submissions are considered stolen.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 21:06:00

At 1/15/11 08:15 PM, Jolly wrote: They're still considered stolen. It doesn't matter if they put effort into it. If you follow a tutorial exactly and don't change anything besides the levels, I'd say it's still considered stolen.

Tom Fulp himself has even said that the Choco Break submissions are considered stolen.

Perhaps you missed when I said this. Perhaps it was the way that I worded it. Perhaps it's the way that you read it. Who knows.

I already know this. (And said it on this page along with several pages back) I was just saying don't think that they are these pieces that people just changed in a few minutes and submitted. That's what you guys were basically saying when you were talking about it. You had the right answer, but the wrong reasoning behind it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 23:07:18

Those two you linked to Sheizenhammer has been removed, the other may be legit address not matching does not mean it is stolen. Anyone played the game Deadly Premonition? I traded some of my games, but I thought from what I saw in a let's play it looked really good. I'm not going to play any more as I have seen the rest on online.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-15 23:17:40

STOLEN FLASH ALERT.

Description:
"Want me to add something just post it in the comments! Also this is not copied because the game was released open source. I have yet to add anything major though."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 09:55:39

I go away for 2 fucking days and SEVEN DODGY FLASHES get submitted?!

What the fuck is this shit!? Even if the Choco-break ones aren't outright stolen, that's still a lot of shit getting uploaded for no good reason!

IMO, if throwing a few extra drum loops into a copyrighted music track gets you an audio ban, throwing a few minor details into a flash that is for all intents and purposes pre-made is probably against the flash submission rules too. Remember rule no.1: "Your movie must not be someone else's work!".
Even if the choco-break games themselves are being individually created from following tutorial steps, the underlying work behind making said steps was Clickteam's, not that of the people uploading them. Ergo, the letter of the of the law doesn't necessarily stop at just downloading .swf files from other sites, since the majority of the work involved here is being plagarised nonetheless.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 10:33:44

At 1/16/11 09:55 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I go away for 2 fucking days and SEVEN DODGY FLASHES get submitted?!

And they all passed? You know, I'd think the people the blindlessly vote on submissions would, at the very least, pay attention to the description.

By the way, I have some questions. The first being about Clock Day. Basically, what is the EGB's opinion on it? Should we watch every submission and vote based on what we really think about it, or can we save every submission to celebrate clock day?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 10:36:30

At 1/16/11 10:33 AM, Jolly wrote: I'd think

Sorry about the double post.. Maybe I'm letting this bother me to much, but I meant to say "You'd think".

I haven't been sleeping enough lately.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 10:42:03

At 1/16/11 10:33 AM, Jolly wrote: Should we watch every submission and vote based on what we really think about it, or can we save every submission to celebrate clock day?

That's what I did last Clock Day. I don't believe in the whole "Fifen" thing anymore. In fact, Clock Day itself is the reason why my B/P ratio is so screwed up. I used to B/P maybe once a month and went all-out on Clock Day.

Last CD, I gave everything a fair vote. I know I missed out on a lot of points, but I did get 1 or 2 blams. Clock Day flashes seriously annoy me. There's some good flash, sure, but how many people will do the sheep thing and submit another B clone?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 11:03:22

At 1/16/11 10:33 AM, Jolly wrote: By the way, I have some questions. The first being about Clock Day. Basically, what is the EGB's opinion on it? Should we watch every submission and vote based on what we really think about it, or can we save every submission to celebrate clock day?

So far as I'm aware, the EGB rules make no exception for Clock Day. If it's crap, it should be rated as such, same as every other day. Not that anyone outside of this club does that, but meh. Sheep mentality and protect-whoring is exactly what this club was NOT about, anyway.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 14:58:00

At 1/16/11 10:36 AM, JoIIySpace wrote:
At 1/16/11 10:33 AM, Jolly wrote: I'd think
Sorry about the double post.. Maybe I'm letting this bother me to much, but I meant to say "You'd think".

I haven't been sleeping enough lately.

Alternate profile detect. lol

I'm pretty tired too, thankfully, I'm on vacations... :D

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-16 18:16:03

At 1/16/11 11:03 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 1/16/11 10:33 AM, Jolly wrote: By the way, I have some questions. The first being about Clock Day. Basically, what is the EGB's opinion on it? Should we watch every submission and vote based on what we really think about it, or can we save every submission to celebrate clock day?
So far as I'm aware, the EGB rules make no exception for Clock Day. If it's crap, it should be rated as such, same as every other day. Not that anyone outside of this club does that, but meh. Sheep mentality and protect-whoring is exactly what this club was NOT about, anyway.

I know a hand ful of users outside of this club who vote fairly. I happen to be one of them (Unless you don't count retired EGB members in this) But is because of clock day that caused this to happen. It was the one thing that started this whole vote 5 on everything fad back in the days when blams ruled.

Not mostly everyone treats the portal like clockday unless the author says to blam the flash.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-01-17 10:47:57

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9585

Yet another person is trying to pass of choco break as their work. When will the madness stop?