00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,486 Views | 61,070 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-13 23:44:53

*Finds bloody Wiimote on the ground, picks it up*

Portal, here I come. *Falls asleep*

--------------------------------------------- ----------

I am super pissed right now at my reading group for English #1. Ok, so we have to act out a scene from Romeo and Juliet, we picked Act IV, Scene II. Well, I was suppose to be the Nurse, I would only have two lines, well guess what. Some fucking burnout, who has been held back twice got put in our group. I mind you, he has a 0% in our class, 0%, I saw. So, he gets the part of the Nurse, which he will still do nothing about.

So my girlfriend, of all people, decides to make me Lord Capulet. Well, I have 9, lines, two of them are pretty lengthy, as apposed to the rest of my group, which none surpass more than 4 lines. I have more than double of anyone else.

So I'm pissed, I'm playing hooky tommarrow. Sorry to my girlfriend, but I don't think so.

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-13 23:55:09

At 12/13/06 11:14 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 12/13/06 11:00 PM, Hemlok wrote:
At 12/13/06 10:24 PM, EagleRock wrote:
DEFCON Update:
Sir! I will do my best to defend the Portal, sir! I am pleased to announce that the Kitty Krew has reduced their spam flashes to a minimum, at least for the moment. I will do my best out there!
Damn good to see some enthusiasm out of my members! Especially from a Brigadier General! You have the energy of a newly-recruited Private ready to start his journey up the ladder! Hooah!

I have been doing my best to clean up the trash in the Portal for over a year now. I have no intention on stopping until I reach 1,000,000 B/P points!

Crazy, no?

...And don't forget the Wiimotes! They will definately come in handy!
*Slips wiimote into holster and squints eyes*

Let's rock!
*strikes powerful-looking pose*

*Smirks*

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:08:47

At 12/13/06 11:55 PM, Hemlok wrote: I have been doing my best to clean up the trash in the Portal for over a year now. I have no intention on stopping until I reach 1,000,000 B/P points!

You remind me of Slash. Let's test you.

*Hands LittleWashu lolicon hentai*

Sorry, for the short post.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:12:20

Yeah, I remember those old times, I remember getting excited over safety patrol rank... But as soon as I got security guard I started a much higher pace which only kept improving and I was already getting a 100 a day at that point, which only kept improving till I get General rank when I peaked at over 143 points a day for a week, and now at EGSC and with an astonishing amount of things to do, I've been forced to slow to about 80 a day...

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:15:45

At 12/14/06 12:12 AM, Phantom wrote: I've been forced to slow to about 80 a day...

Pfft, you think that's slow?

Wait until you find out you've barely passed 50 a day. D:

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:24:34

At 12/14/06 12:15 AM, Tantera wrote: Wait until you find out you've barely passed 50 a day. D:

Or 10.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:32:18

At 12/13/06 11:55 PM, Hemlok wrote: I have been doing my best to clean up the trash in the Portal for over a year now. I have no intention on stopping until I reach 1,000,000 B/P points!

Crazy, no?

Most definately. You'll be here till doomsday. It took me, what...6-7 months for 30,000 points? Even assuming I could keep my old pace, it would take me about 17 years to make it to 1,000,000 points. I'd be over 40 by then.

*strikes powerful-looking pose*
*Smirks*

*wind starts blowing in EagleRock's face, blowing his hair in a very heroic fashion*

*holds that pose...*

...DAMMIT! Stupid wind dried out my contacts.

At 12/14/06 12:12 AM, Phantom wrote: Yeah, I remember those old times, I remember getting excited over safety patrol rank... But as soon as I got security guard I started a much higher pace which only kept improving and I was already getting a 100 a day at that point, which only kept improving till I get General rank when I peaked at over 143 points a day for a week, and now at EGSC and with an astonishing amount of things to do, I've been forced to slow to about 80 a day...

Sadly, my star pace days were right around this time last year...way before Denvish reinstated the star system. I've never returned to that level. Oh well, we'll see what kind of pace I can re-muster out of myself.

At 12/14/06 12:24 AM, Socially-Failed wrote:
At 12/14/06 12:15 AM, Tantera wrote: Wait until you find out you've barely passed 50 a day. D:
Or 10.

OR 3!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. What a child I'm being here. Some leader. LOL.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 00:55:39

Actually, in lieu of being a leader...let's talk about Barracks business.

As far as Officer positions, I'm afraid I have a lot of dusting to do on the good ol' official Officer list.

First order of business, I noticed our Supreme Commander Major_punk has performed the last few updates...is this a permanent change, or a mere break for our current Records Officer? I only ask so that credit may be given where credit is due.

Second order of business, has Peregrinus been around? If not, are we in the need for a new NGPD LaisoN?

Third order of business, I notice SlashFirestorm has not been around...are we in the need for a new Recruitment Officer while Slash is on his haitus?

Last order: I have Barracks members in mind for a reinstatement of either the Advancement Officer position. I've seen quite a large amount of Portal-protection spirit that I feel must not go unrecognized. i would like the Barracks Members' input on this. Most notably, I would like my Lieutenant to fill me in on these positions and Barracks members, as I am only recently back to Newgrounds.

In other news, I am freshing up the Official Officer List in the meantime before these officer positions are determined.

Thoughts from the Barracks members?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:02:15

At 12/14/06 12:55 AM, EagleRock wrote: Actually, in lieu of being a leader...let's talk about Barracks business.

Finally.

Drops wiimote

As far as Officer positions, I'm afraid I have a lot of dusting to do on the good ol' official Officer list.

First order of business, I noticed our Supreme Commander Major_punk has performed the last few updates...is this a permanent change, or a mere break for our current Records Officer? I only ask so that credit may be given where credit is due.

That I don't know.

Second order of business, has Peregrinus been around? If not, are we in the need for a new NGPD LaisoN?

Peregriunus left the Barracks because he didn't feel right being apart of something he didn't put much time into.

Third order of business, I notice SlashFirestorm has not been around...are we in the need for a new Recruitment Officer while Slash is on his haitus?

Slash said he will return once the new layout is installed. Which noeone knows the exact date of this occasion but we know it won't be until 2007

Not too far from now.

Last order: I have Barracks members in mind for a reinstatement of either the Advancement Officer position. I've seen quite a large amount of Portal-protection spirit that I feel must not go unrecognized. i would like the Barracks Members' input on this. Most notably, I would like my Lieutenant to fill me in on these positions and Barracks members, as I am only recently back to Newgrounds.

I'm glad your putting thought into putting fresh, well deserved members into new positions.

In other news, I am freshing up the Official Officer List in the meantime before these officer positions are determined.

Sounds good.

I'm liking what I am seeing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:08:09

Sir! I have a comment! STOP DOUBLE POSTING, Sir!

*Runs away and dodges thousands of Wiimotes from EagleRock.....*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:12:32

At 12/14/06 12:55 AM, EagleRock wrote:

As far as I know he is doing it for the time being, although I'm sure I've seen offers from other Barracks members to help out from time to time.

Kind of reiterating what Hemlok said- he resigned from the Barracks and more precisely his role as NGPD liason a few weeks ago. He didn't feel he was putting the time into B/Ping to merit being a part of the Barracks, and felt that the NGPD no longer knew him as they once did due to the constantly evolving roster. I believe Slash was meant to be covering the NGPD liason role as he was better known and more respected, but due to his inactivity I'm not sure what the situation is. Littlewashu certainly posts in there from time to time.

He'll be back eventually, and in the mean time Phantom has been officially welcoming new members, although we all chip in with pointing them to the FAQ etc.

If I may I'd like to suggest Elite Guard Brigadier General Hemlok for an officer role in the Barracks. I'm not sure which he would be most suited for, or what he would like to do, but he is one of the most active and experienced users in the Barracks that doesn't already have an officer duty here, and I think he could fill the role admirably.

plus if you can occupy him here I might be able to catch him in the B/P ranks :D

I'd certainly like to see things get organised a little better as far as the officers go, and there are plenty of new members who post often and well enough to merit some kind of recognition in the Barracks.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:28:05

At 12/14/06 01:12 AM, Donthurtme wrote:

If I may I'd like to suggest Elite Guard Brigadier General Hemlok for an officer role in the Barracks. I'm not sure which he would be most suited for, or what he would like to do, but he is one of the most active and experienced users in the Barracks that doesn't already have an officer duty here, and I think he could fill the role admirably.

I agree with Donthurtme. Elite Guard Brigadier General Hemlok would be the most suitable and most experienced member that could take that role without any difficulties. I'm sure if you give that role to Hemlock, Sir EagleRock, he will not let you down.

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:43:59

Wow, I am honored that you think I would make a difference inside the Barracks. Thank you so much for suggesting me, it means a lot. I honestly think you would do a flawless job having an officer role, probably better then I could do. I rally hope we both get a position, once Eaglerock updates the officer list. Good luck to you, friend. :)

plus if you can occupy him here I might be able to catch him in the B/P ranks :D

Not a chance. ;D

I'd certainly like to see things get organised a little better as far as the officers go, and there are plenty of new members who post often and well enough to merit some kind of recognition in the Barracks.

Very well put, I agree with your statement.

At 12/14/06 01:28 AM, PenguinLink wrote:
I agree with Donthurtme. Elite Guard Brigadier General Hemlok would be the most suitable and most experienced member that could take that role without any difficulties. I'm sure if you give that role to Hemlock, Sir EagleRock, he will not let you down.

Thanks buddy, if I get assigned an officer role, I will do my best as a member of the Elite Guard Barracks.

*Salutes*

*Salute*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 01:48:09

At 12/14/06 01:02 AM, Hemlok wrote:
At 12/14/06 12:55 AM, EagleRock wrote: Actually, in lieu of being a leader...let's talk about Barracks business.
Finally.

Implying something?

Drops wiimote

...Or were you playing around with your Wii too much?

Peregriunus left the Barracks because he didn't feel right being apart of something he didn't put much time into.

Good to know. that will affect my decisions greatly.

Slash said he will return once the new layout is installed. Which noeone knows the exact date of this occasion but we know it won't be until 2007

Not too far from now.

Okay. It does let me know that Slash is officially on haitus, though.

I'm glad your putting thought into putting fresh, well deserved members into new positions.

That was always my plan here in the Barracks. In case the newer people didn't know, my philosophy on Barracks Officer positions was simply that they acted as recognition for contributions to the Barracks, not reasons TO contribute to the Barracks. My nominations and appointments will naturally continue in this fashion.

Good to know. ;-)

At 12/14/06 01:08 AM, PenguinLink wrote: Sir! I have a comment! STOP DOUBLE POSTING, Sir!

*Runs away and dodges thousands of Wiimotes from EagleRock.....*

I, sadly, actually had a Wiimote in-hand while I read that...then I actually bowled a 279, which is my highest score yet in Wii bowling...almost as if it was related.

...smartass... :-)
At 12/14/06 01:12 AM, Donthurtme wrote: As far as I know he is doing it for the time being, although I'm sure I've seen offers from other Barracks members to help out from time to time.

It does appear, though, that Major_punk has resumed the role as the primary updater of the roster?

Kind of reiterating what Hemlok said- he resigned from the Barracks and more precisely his role as NGPD liason a few weeks ago. He didn't feel he was putting the time into B/Ping to merit being a part of the Barracks, and felt that the NGPD no longer knew him as they once did due to the constantly evolving roster. I believe Slash was meant to be covering the NGPD liason role as he was better known and more respected, but due to his inactivity I'm not sure what the situation is. Littlewashu certainly posts in there from time to time.

Excellent. Thanks for the input. I have my own ideas about the promotions, which I will iterate when the time comes.

He'll be back eventually, and in the mean time Phantom has been officially welcoming new members, although we all chip in with pointing them to the FAQ etc.

Good to know...that also helps with my ideas...

I'm very glad you said that, as well as PenguinLink reiterating it...maybe I'm not so out of touch with the Barracks as I thought I was...you'll see below.

Double-motive much?

*salutes*

Well, gimme a break, Brigadier General...I JUST came back! :-) However, you are right, we do need to update the Officer list.

That being said, let's get to my plans:

First order: I am thinking of instating Major_punk as the current Records Officer. However, I would like Barracks consensus and the advisement of my Lieutenant before doing so, to make sure I am not usurping ADT unjustly.

Second order: Slash's haitus leaves us without a Recruitment Officer, leaving all this work on my Lieutenant. Until Slash's return, I wish to nominate a Barracks member who I consider quite active and fit for the role. That being said, I wish for the Barracks' opinion on Brigadier General Donthurtme taking up the role as our Recruitment Officer until further notice. As an excellent example of an upstanding Barracks Member, he will undoubtedly do well to guide potential recruits to the proper FAQs and to generate membership.

Do the Barracks members here feel Donthurtme up for the role of Recruitment Officer?

Third order: In light of Peregrinus' leave, we have positions to fill. Our NGPD Laison is no more, as well as what appears to be our Mafia Laison. I would like nominations from the Barracks as to who might fill these positions. Also, thanks to my Lieutenant, we are now aligned with the honorable NGDD. I would like to also ask for nominations for a NGDD Laison as well.

Last order: The Barracks Advancent Officer is a position that was originally created for Supreme Commander XwaynecoltX, as he was an excellent inspiration to other Barracks members for not only B/Ping, but flagging and reviewing. He served as a role model for many, and caused me to create the position. Once he was no longer active in the Barracks, I not only vacated the position, but made it inactive, as there was little need for the position, nor anyone to fill its role.

However, in light of what I've seen lately, and what was recommended to me, I have decided to officially offer the position of Barracks Advancement Officer to Brigadier General Hemlok in recognition for his upstanding membership here in the Barracks. You are undoubtled looked highly upon by other Barracks Members, which suits you perfectly for the role. Your duties would simply be to continue to be the role model you are while encouraging all to advance in their ranks and serve their duty on the Portal not just through B/Ping, but by reviewing and by flagging flash. Your 500+ reviews and Deity whistle indicate you are active in both of these additional forms of protecting the Portal, which leaves me no more need for deliberation.

Do you take the position, Brigadier General?

Also, I would like my other members to provide nominations for the laison positions we need, as well as input as to Donthurtme taking up the Recruitment Officer position.

*salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 02:00:18

EagleRock, Sir! I, Penguinlink, recommend Donthurtme for the role of Recruitment Officer. He would be exceptionally good for this role and I believe he would do a great job. Hemlok and Donthurtme will not let you down, Sir! I believe in them, and I look at them as role models, Sir! Please take my recommendation into consideration Sir!

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 02:09:35

At 12/14/06 01:48 AM, EagleRock wrote:
It does appear, though, that Major_punk has resumed the role as the primary updater of the roster?

He is indeed the primary updater if the roster at the moment.

I'm very glad you said that, as well as PenguinLink reiterating it...maybe I'm not so out of touch with the Barracks as I thought I was...you'll see below.

Double-motive much?

Hehe, consider it a bonus as opposed to a double motive. I'd have nominated him if he had been no where near me in the B/P ranks.

*salutes*
Well, gimme a break, Brigadier General...I JUST came back! :-) However, you are right, we do need to update the Officer list.

Sorry, that came across a little more aggressive than I had intended. I was trying to show a little enthusiasm and support for any changes you might make rather than criticising any lack of activity on your part :)

*hopes a barrage of wii remotes aren't heading his way...*

First order: I am thinking of instating Major_punk as the current Records Officer. However, I would like Barracks consensus and the advisement of my Lieutenant before doing so, to make sure I am not usurping ADT unjustly.

As he already pretty musc fills the role, and ADT rarely if ever posts in here I think that would be an excellent appointment.

Third order: In light of Peregrinus' leave, we have positions to fill. Our NGPD Laison is no more, as well as what appears to be our Mafia Laison. I would like nominations from the Barracks as to who might fill these positions. Also, thanks to my Lieutenant, we are now aligned with the honorable NGDD. I would like to also ask for nominations for a NGDD Laison as well.

I know there are couple of the newer members who came up through the NGPD who could possibly take up the role, although off the top of my head I can't think of anyone. As for the NGDD both HomerDough and DarkSoldier are members of both clubs. I also feel Pepeatumi is worthy of an officer role of some sort if he doesn't have one already.

Last order: The Barracks Advancent Officer is a position that was originally created for Supreme Commander XwaynecoltX, as he was an excellent inspiration to other Barracks members for not only B/Ping, but flagging and reviewing. He served as a role model for many, and caused me to create the position. Once he was no longer active in the Barracks, I not only vacated the position, but made it inactive, as there was little need for the position, nor anyone to fill its role.

However, in light of what I've seen lately, and what was recommended to me, I have decided to officially offer the position of Barracks Advancement Officer to Brigadier General Hemlok in recognition for his upstanding membership here in the Barracks. You are undoubtled looked highly upon by other Barracks Members, which suits you perfectly for the role. Your duties would simply be to continue to be the role model you are while encouraging all to advance in their ranks and serve their duty on the Portal not just through B/Ping, but by reviewing and by flagging flash. Your 500+ reviews and Deity whistle indicate you are active in both of these additional forms of protecting the Portal, which leaves me no more need for deliberation.

I think he will do a fantastic job in this role, and I wish him luck :)

At 12/14/06 02:00 AM, PenguinLink wrote: EagleRock, Sir! I, Penguinlink, recommend Donthurtme for the role of Recruitment Officer. He would be exceptionally good for this role and I believe he would do a great job. Hemlok and Donthurtme will not let you down, Sir! I believe in them, and I look at them as role models, Sir! Please take my recommendation into consideration Sir!

Thanks for your vote of confidence PenguinLink- it means a lot to be considered for the role and I would of course be honoured to do it if the remainder of the Barracks sees fit.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 02:22:08

At 12/14/06 02:00 AM, PenguinLink wrote: EagleRock, Sir! I, Penguinlink, recommend Donthurtme for the role of Recruitment Officer. He would be exceptionally good for this role and I believe he would do a great job. Hemlok and Donthurtme will not let you down, Sir! I believe in them, and I look at them as role models, Sir! Please take my recommendation into consideration Sir!

*Salutes*

Your recommendation is definately taken into consideration, and I thank you, Sergeant First Class, for your input.

At 12/14/06 02:09 AM, Donthurtme wrote: He is indeed the primary updater if the roster at the moment.

That is apparent. I, however, wish for input from Supreme Commanders Phantom and Major_punk.

Hehe, consider it a bonus as opposed to a double motive. I'd have nominated him if he had been no where near me in the B/P ranks.

I did get that feeling...

Sorry, that came across a little more aggressive than I had intended. I was trying to show a little enthusiasm and support for any changes you might make rather than criticising any lack of activity on your part :)

*hopes a barrage of wii remotes aren't heading his way...*

Nah. Supreme Commander do have senses of humor. :-)

I know there are couple of the newer members who came up through the NGPD who could possibly take up the role, although off the top of my head I can't think of anyone.

I have my ideas...

As for the NGDD both HomerDough and DarkSoldier are members of both clubs.

Well noted. As knowing almost nothing about the NGDD, that is indeed valuable input for me.

I also feel Pepeatumi is worthy of an officer role of some sort if he doesn't have one already.

More valuable information my recent participation would not have discovered, so your input is again thanked.

Thanks for your vote of confidence PenguinLink- it means a lot to be considered for the role and I would of course be honoured to do it if the remainder of the Barracks sees fit.

That was, of course, the reason for my nomination. I have little doubt the Barracks will welcome this appointment. Of course, my style of leadership draws heavily on input, so naturally I wish to allow my Barracks members a voice.

That being said, I would still like thoughts on the positions that are currently up for filling, as well as nominating other members for positions.

I, however, cannot wait up for them, as it is 0200 hours where I am, and I need to report to my civilian workplace at 1145 hours. I will await the response from Hemlock on his position, as well as my fellow Barracks Members. So off I retire...

...but not before a...

DEFCON Update:

The Portal has slowed naturally due to the early morning hours. The DEFCON is being lowered to DEFCON 3, which is still fast for this point in the early morning. Keep an eye out for malicious or mass-voted flash and keep an eye on the Portal for a surge in activity.

*salutes, then yawns*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 04:45:29

I am staying up to see myself moving up in the b/p rankings. That is much cooler than having 4000 posts. Considering that it is hard to move up once you are that high on the rankings, I will get excited with every move-up. ;) PS: I finished all my exams on Wednesday, now it is holiday time, w00t!!!! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 07:31:46

At 12/14/06 02:22 AM, EagleRock wrote: That is apparent. I, however, wish for input from Supreme Commanders Phantom and Major_punk.

Well, the most updated Officer list is at the bottom of my FAQ and it includes all the current information and more. About newer officers, I think a complete election would be great, but these days I'm not sure any of them will be active... However there are some people much worthier than the some we have.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 08:17:24

At 12/14/06 12:55 AM, EagleRock wrote: Thoughts from the Barracks members?

I would like to nominate Hemlock, PeguinLink, and donthurtme for officer positions. They seem to be very active in B/P and in the Barracks. They also so a level of maturity that many people on Newgrounds these days, lack. I'm not sure what positions they should have, since I havn't done as much research on them and what they are best at, but I think they would make excellent officers.

I get banned too much to be an officer anyways, but can I be the Official Barracks Bitch?

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 10:05:58

At 12/14/06 08:17 AM, Socially-Failed wrote:
At 12/14/06 12:55 AM, EagleRock wrote: Thoughts from the Barracks members?
I would like to nominate Hemlock, PeguinLink, and donthurtme for officer positions. They seem to be very active in B/P and in the Barracks. They also so a level of maturity that many people on Newgrounds these days, lack. I'm not sure what positions they should have, since I havn't done as much research on them and what they are best at, but I think they would make excellent officers.

I get banned too much to be an officer anyways, but can I be the Official Barracks Bitch?

Thanks for nomintaing me for officer, Socially-Failed. But as much I like being nominated, I believe I'm not worth of such a position. Someone with more experience in the Barracks should take this role. Again, thanks for the recommendation,

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 10:06:51

Can anyone find the original?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/354102

I know this is stolen, I remember playing it before a couple of mnths ago, but I don't remember the name. Like I said, I'm certain that this game is stolen.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 10:16:12

At 12/14/06 07:31 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 12/14/06 02:22 AM, EagleRock wrote: That is apparent. I, however, wish for input from Supreme Commanders Phantom and Major_punk.
Well, the most updated Officer list is at the bottom of my FAQ and it includes all the current information and more. About newer officers, I think a complete election would be great, but these days I'm not sure any of them will be active... However there are some people much worthier than the some we have.

Duh, I forgot about that. Turns out Major_punk is, well, already the Records Officer. Duly noted and changed in my list.

At 12/14/06 08:17 AM, Socially-Failed wrote: I would like to nominate Hemlock, PeguinLink, and donthurtme for officer positions. They seem to be very active in B/P and in the Barracks. They also so a level of maturity that many people on Newgrounds these days, lack. I'm not sure what positions they should have, since I havn't done as much research on them and what they are best at, but I think they would make excellent officers.

Duly noted. I actually think I would like to try to fill another position, considering that Phantom has absorbed several roles here in the Barracks. He's not only the Lieutenant Chief Barracks Officer, but the Barracks Relations Officer (in charge of keeping relations strong with our allies and the rest of NG, and the direct commanding officer to the Recruitment Officer and the laison positions), and the Barracks Portal Operations Officer (in charge of developing strategy for the Portal, especially during times of heavy mass-voting and high DEFCONs.

While I have full confidence in Phantom to perform these roles, I would like to give other opportunities. Most notably I am interested in reappointing the Barracks Relations Officer, as it is a vital role to have our PR strong. Phantom, as my Lieutenant, automatically is responsible for this role, as am I. Two more members (a new Relations Officer and a new Recruitment Officer) would help us much.

That being said, here are the positions and current nominations:

Advancement Officer - Hemlok (already offered - awaiting response)
Relations Officer - none yet...
Recruitment Officer - donthurtme
NGPD Laison - none yet...
Mafia Laison - If Turkeybean is still active, then ignore this. However, he hasn't posted since last month...I wasn't sure if he was on haitus as well. Again, this position is best nominated by those in the Mafia as well, such as Phantom.
NGDD Laison - HomerDough and DarkSoldier

Other members nominated without a postiion in mind: pepeatumi

You've been in the Barracks enough, there's a good chance, but you need to keep your damn nose clean. Stop giving in to that "Let me just get that one good post in" mentality that gets you banned all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 10:18:59

lol@doublepost

At 12/14/06 10:05 AM, PenguinLink wrote: Thanks for nomintaing me for officer, Socially-Failed. But as much I like being nominated, I believe I'm not worth of such a position. Someone with more experience in the Barracks should take this role. Again, thanks for the recommendation,

*Salutes*

Officership does not require a lengthy tenure in the Barracks, but rather, recognition by others. Don't discount yourself if you were nominated. There are positions in the Barracks for all levels of experience. Mind you, I keep this stuff in my head. I have my own ideas for several members here, but I want to see how more nominations roll out, especially for the Relations Officer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 11:05:16

At 12/14/06 10:06 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Can anyone find the original?

He proclaims the site presenting the game as his own, which can and has happened before, a valid e-mail would have helped but most thieves don't bother with the origin site for the most part.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 11:09:07

To Eagle, I'll settle for 2IC as my main job which accounts for all officer positions if it is needed, so I too would like to keep my nose out of other positions and let other people have them. The EGB is after all, Democratic in the sense any one may try and apply and ask as I once have, but the final choice is up to the Officers.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 11:22:06

At 12/14/06 11:09 AM, Phantom wrote: To Eagle, I'll settle for 2IC as my main job which accounts for all officer positions if it is needed, so I too would like to keep my nose out of other positions and let other people have them. The EGB is after all, Democratic in the sense any one may try and apply and ask as I once have, but the final choice is up to the Officers.

Quite noble of you. I wish to speak with you later as well to talk about possible nominations.

I must be off to my civilian work duties...when I come back, I will provide documentation to explain all the positions to aid our elections further. Also, I wish to restructure the Barracks slightly as to who reports to who, in an effort to be more "organized." :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 11:25:05

Great idea EagleRock, organization is the key to success...

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 12:08:49

At 12/14/06 01:48 AM, EagleRock wrote:
At 12/14/06 01:02 AM, Hemlok wrote:
Finally.
Implying something?

Just a little too much wii talk going on around here. That's all. :)

Drops wiimote
...Or were you playing around with your Wii too much?

Yes, that could be it.

Good to know. that will affect my decisions greatly.

Glad to help.

Not too far from now.
Okay. It does let me know that Slash is officially on haitus, though.

He has been around the Barracks a little bit while waiting for the new layout as well.

That was always my plan here in the Barracks. In case the newer people didn't know, my philosophy on Barracks Officer positions was simply that they acted as recognition for contributions to the Barracks, not reasons TO contribute to the Barracks. My nominations and appointments will naturally continue in this fashion.

Good to know. ;-)

:D

Great. I'd love to see well deserved, experienced members who don't already have a roll to be takin more seriously and could possibly be looked up to by the new recruits.

Sweet. Thanks everyone who suggested me.

Double-motive much?

*salutes*

Well in my opinion, if ADT doesn't take the time to update the records like he used to, then I think it's time for a new records officer. Major-Punk seems to be a great one, even though his updates aren't as current when ADT did it. ;)

Second order: Slash's haitus leaves us without a Recruitment Officer, leaving all this work on my Lieutenant. Until Slash's return, I wish to nominate a Barracks member who I consider quite active and fit for the role. That being said, I wish for the Barracks' opinion on Brigadier General Donthurtme taking up the role as our Recruitment Officer until further notice. As an excellent example of an upstanding Barracks Member, he will undoubtedly do well to guide potential recruits to the proper FAQs and to generate membership.

Great person to pick. Donthurtme is one of the most active members here in the Elite Guard Barracks and I couldn't think of anyone else who could fit into the job more then him. Good luck on your new role, man!

Do the Barracks members here feel Donthurtme up for the role of Recruitment Officer?

I'm with you on this one.

I would think the best person to be a NGPD Laison would be someone who either just left the Department or someone who posts in the Department rather frequently. My vote goes to LittleWashu, I have seen her in the Police Department numerous times and I can't think of anyone more suitable for the role. As for a NGDD Laison I would suggest someone who is in the NGDD. Sine Phantom already has a roll in the Barracks, I would put my faith into Pepeatumi. He is rather active here and is apart of the NGDD. I think he would do a fine job being a Laison for the NGDD.

Thank you for your kind words. I would love to be a role model to the recruits at the Elite Guard Barracks. I'm glad you have noticed my other stats and took them into consideration. I will do my best to engourage the doubtful hearts here in the Barracks and will hopefully not let anyone down.

Yes, I do.

Also, I would like my other members to provide nominations for the laison positions we need, as well as input as to Donthurtme taking up the Recruitment Officer position.

Again, LittleWashu for the NGPD Laison and Pepeatumi for the NGDD Laison. I think you made a great decision on putting Donthurtme as the Recruitment Officer. I am certain he will not let you down.

*salutes*

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-12-14 12:28:17

Congrats on your new position Hemlok- it is certainly well deserved.

As to the NGPD and NGDD roles. I agree that LittleWashu would be an excellent liason for the NGPD as she posts there regularly. She does already have the role of 'Portal Violations Officer' however, and I think that maybe someone else could be given the chance to take up an officer role.

As for the NGDD liason- I couldn't agree more about pepeatumi taking on the role. He is certainly one of the most experienced and intelligent users here in the Barracks and I feel he would be able to fill the role admirably. In fact if I'd known he was a member of the NGDD I would have suggested him last night.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature