00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,782,309 Views | 87,979 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 04:01:06

Yesterday I got a call from the place where I had a job interview on wednesday. Monday I'll have my first "working day". Was about time for a side job, I need some money. ^^

At 7/29/10 01:54 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Haggard - 29,000 Saves

Thanks!

At 7/29/10 07:55 PM, Soapbubble wrote: Congrats to:
Haggard: 29,000 Saves

Thanks!

At 7/29/10 11:41 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: Oh man. Congrats to:
Haggard - 29k Saves

Thanks!

To dearest Haggard, I still haven't forgotten that I said I'd tell you all about my trip to Germany last year, and I'm a man of my word. One day soon I'll tell you everything I remember, that is, if you're still interested.

Of course I am still interested. ;)

At 7/27/10 09:36 AM, Auz wrote: So Coop takes the leading vocals, Bahamut does the guitar + background roaring, I do the amplified triangle, Haggard's on drums, reverend the bass guitar... it feels like we're still missing something... how about some violin players? I'm sure we can get Sir-Nuts and Fro to play one.

Why me on drums? I'd rather play the guitar. :(

At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/29/10 03:56 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/29/10 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm guessing you know their music very well and so far, I have At the Heart of Winter, Sons of Northern Darkness and All Shall Fall. Do you have any recommendations for more Immortal albums?
Heh, not too well. I just find those guys funny and like watching their shows. ^^
The Call of the Wintermoon is the greatest example of their humour.

Yes. The video is just priceless. Especially the "Benny Hill" version. XD

My aunt is 52 and still can't drive.
An uncle of mine got his driver's licence when he was 62.
Well, there's still time for my aunt. However, she's all the way up in scotland and her boyfriend can take care of the driving for her so maybe it's not necessary.

I head most people in the northern parts of scotland don't even own a car and hitchhike instead.

Mine's good but far from perfect. The buses are often late but the trains are very reliable.
Heh yeah. I guess busses are always late, no matter where you are. But at least public transportation is possible 24 hours of the day. I can remember times when the last train would leave at 11 pm and the last bus shortly after that. And taking the "night bus" is horrible. Lots of drunk people and you have to drive one hour or longer because the bus stops at every possible (and impossible) opportunity there is.
Night travel services aren't very good around here. The last bus getting to my road is at midnight so I can't stay out in town for too long.

I forgot to include that 24 hours of public transportation is only avaiable on Weekends (Friday to Sunday), during the week, I'd have to rely on those night busses. But there's not too much reason to stay out late during the week anyway.

You don't? :O Surely you can at least enjoy some of their classics.
Maybe, but I never was interested too much in the band, so I don't know any songs from them (apart from Hangar 18, which uses the same intro as Metallicas Call of Kthulu).
I've probably said this before but please give Megadeth a real chance someday.

Yeah, I think you said that already. ^^

And be able to play well, right?
Yes, Oscar is a fucking genius!
See, if they play well and prioritise it, that's good. DragonForce on the other hand don't seem to know what they're doing. At least I hardly care about them these days.

Well, I didn't follow them too closely. I saw them once in Wacken, which was great. I then saw them again on Rock Hard Festival, which was bullshit.

That's not an excuse for That 90s Show. That was a huge slap on the face on The Simpsons' continuity. The episode should have never existed in the first place.
Yes it was. It was still funny, though.
I thought it was completely horrendous and not funny in the slightest.

I liked the "Back to the Future" reference, for example.

I think it's the cupid. Sure, the shitblade sucks a lot but you have to stick with the cupid for over 100 days. At least the shitblade is only for a month and a half.
But the cupid is so high in the rankings, most users won't ever get this far.
Actually, there'll eventually be many users at level 49. For now, there's only less than 100 who are at there or past it. I remember when the redesign launched ramagi was at level 45 and now we have around 170 users who are level 45 or above.

I still think more people will reach level 15 and not so many level 49. ;)

So Wi/Ht?'ers, what has more sex appeal, an icon mod or a review mod? Take the fact that Bahamut is an icon mod into consideration. Voting starts... now!
Well, as I am not aroused by dragons I say that review mods are more sexy.
Which review mods are sexy, though? :P

Coop and NEVR of course. But both of them are also forum moderators... I wonder if THAT means anything.

At 7/30/10 11:25 AM, NEVR wrote:
Of course, Haggard leads the way in terms of teh sexiness. His username is definitely ironic.
Actually, he, reverend and Rohan win equally. They're not even icon mods, despite myself asking them if they're interested in becoming one.
Haggard is definitely ahead considering he's been here the longest out of the three. He's the silver fox ;P

So, you have a soft spot for older men?

At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/29/10 12:04 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know, we still gotta do the survey here:

So Wi/Ht?'ers, what has more sex appeal, an icon mod or a review mod? Take the fact that Bahamut is an icon mod into consideration. Voting starts... now!
But we got a lot more than just dragons on the icon moderator team! Like exotic women, such as the lovely Reaneanea.

I can't see any of the other icon mods. There's a big blue dragon in my line of sight.

At 7/30/10 08:17 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 7/25/10 03:37 PM, Haggard wrote: 19 people died at the Love Parade in Duisburg yesterday. This really sucks.
Oh my. That's absolutely terrible, and at a love parade too. My condolences for the affected families.

It's 21 now, 3 died in hospital. And out of the 500something that where hurt, 20 still need medical attention.
I've seen a view videos on youtube recorded by people that where in this "stampede", it was really shocking. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 04:33:24

Top 25 Flash Reviewer!

Finally caught and passed Afro_Stud. Now I need to knuckle down and get past Frenzy, before sixflab passes me.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 04:43:12

Level 15

Spread your wings || Sig by the awesome Ninjar

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 05:08:22

List #7
last list
Congrats to
knugen-2,000 days on newgrounds
Hacsev-39,000 medal points
Pokemonpoeguygcn-50,000 stat points
PabMo-Police Lieutenant
ThePigeonMaster-18th Birthday
Coop83-Top 25 Reviewers
DeIvL666-level 15

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 05:17:56

btw... 24K saves...
i almost pass it unnoticed...
anyway... 25K... maybe that will be the top of that i am going to do... =)

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 05:18:19

level 17

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 05:23:40

SHIP AHOY!

Coop wonders if he's got a shot at 50 B/P per day this week, while congratulating:
reverend: 14,000 Experience; Top 700 Experienced
Knugen: 2,000 Days on Newgrounds
Hacsev: 39,000 Medal Points
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 50,000 Total Points
DeIvL666: Level 15
aldlv: 24,000 Saves
sandwich-eater: Level 17

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Running Free
Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey, Oh!)

Thank you to:
Domo

At 7/30/10 03:32 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: I've not used anything so far - not really a painful situation, but it looks good :P
Well, that's pretty good to hear. And yeah, it looks pretty badass :P

And now it's starting to heal - I just need a few more days, so that certain friends can see it :P

At 7/30/10 11:06 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/29/10 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: I don't think The Foos are really metal so let's see someone like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest using triangles in their music.
I didn't say they were metal - they bridge the gap, but they aren't metal.
I won't be able to rely on them for triangles in metal, though.

Fair enough - we need some massive amps for it, just to bring it to the masses

Sounds good to me.
What did you think of my singing on sitckam last night?
It was magnificent.

Thank you :D

Ouch! That is nasty. :(
It looks worse than it is.
Hopefully it recovers by next Friday.

No, I'd like to have a badass black eye for the meet :P

At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: I guess your old profile pic was taken well before you were modded then :P
Waaaaay before. You should see me now; ever seen that episode of South Park where they get into World of Warcraft and become all spotty and fat? IT'S LIKE THAT ;P

Well, you only have yourself to blame. Playing cricket keeps me reasonably trim, but I could probably use going to the gym again.

At 7/30/10 11:42 AM, reverend wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: You should have heard my girlfriend laugh when she heard this one. It's got me a little suspicious now...
Well, when she tell you to go back in the kitchen, go back into the kitchen, Coop. :P

I've told her, I'm not going in that kitchen until she cleans up. That;s my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

At 7/30/10 01:00 PM, Auz wrote: Sex appeal standings:

Icon mods 1 - 1 Review mods

Vote vote vote people!

Review mods are sexier. This is my official vote! I'll log in daily to vote for this, just like those knobs at 4chan, that log in *ahem* daily to vote for Trollcar :P

At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: But we got a lot more than just dragons on the icon moderator team! Like exotic women, such as the lovely Reaneanea.

And you can't even spell her name right. Renaenae is lovely, yes.

At 7/29/10 12:26 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/28/10 03:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Hmm... I'm listening.
I can offer you eh... some pictures and autographs of all the cool people in the icon mod lounge.
You're going to need to sell it harder than that...
How about a meet and greet with Bahamut in London next week? I could arrange that for you.

I'll take my chances.

Monty Python - the silliest thing ever on TV.
Something as silly as that can only be made by the British.

Indeed. We have a skill for it.

At 7/29/10 03:20 AM, Coop83 wrote: You've clearly never heard my rendition of Flight of Icarus :P
Nope, but if you're that confident about it.

So Coop takes the leading vocals, Bahamut does the guitar + background roaring, I do the amplified triangle, Haggard's on drums, reverend the bass guitar... it feels like we're still missing something... how about some violin players? I'm sure we can get Sir-Nuts and Fro to play one.
Keyboards / Piano?
No, we need Synthesizers! Gotta get either Fro or Sir-Nuts to play one.

Forget the synths, get me a Theremin!

At 7/30/10 02:50 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:
At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: ... I think I'll just count that as a vote for icon mods. Also, forum mods are more sexy than anything and that's a fact.
Naaaaaaaaah, review mods are just really straight to the point.

Also Coop is an review mod. Take that as you will.

Aaw, Slappy! That's really nice of you :)

At 7/30/10 08:17 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 7/29/10 03:20 AM, Coop83 wrote: And now, the results of the experiment of what happens when we add Coop's face to one cricket ball moving at speed:
Yeesh, cricket must be quite the brutal sport to cause an injury like that. Last time I got something that looked like that was last time I played, ironically, softball.

A quick comparison for you - a cricket ball is 5.5 - 5.75 ounces; 8 13/16" - 9" in circumference A softball is 6.25 - 7 ounces and 12" circumference. Cricket balls are dense little rocks, while softballs aren't as hard, so don't pack as much of a punch.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 05:24:14

Top 140 B/P'ers

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 06:00:52

Listening to:

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time. Awesomeness, I got this album early. Big thanks to HMV for shipping the album out early and screw you Play.com for being so fucking hopeless with shipping out new releases in time.

At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'll be sure to remind that to the other icon mods next time they mention the lack of gold aura and mod forums. After all, sex appeal is much more important than gold aura and mod forums.
Remember to also remind them that they don't have quite as much sex appeal as regulars.

Can we at least agree that I have more sex appeal than the other icon mods?

Actually, he, reverend and Rohan win equally. They're not even icon mods, despite myself asking them if they're interested in becoming one.
Haggard is definitely ahead considering he's been here the longest out of the three. He's the silver fox ;P

I would have thought Rohan would take the lead considering he's a barbarian and how he'd have to keep himself in shape. :P

At 7/30/10 11:42 AM, reverend wrote: 14,000 Experience and Top 700 in Experience.
Same day, interesting.

It sure is. My four alts will probably take two weeks to get to the top 700 but I care more about my main account's rank.

At 7/30/10 11:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: What do you have in mind?
Rahamut, Kauz, Laggard, TheGopherMaster, RohantheBarber, AWYS, Doop83, Sir-Raisins . . .
Actually, I have no clue. I'm still thinking if I want to go through with it.

I think you should stick to reverend, although Doop83 does sound like a good name.

You're a contributor to those forums? I wasn't aware of that. I hardly hear from those places and how friendly they are towards others. Well, I can't imagine politicians to be very friendly. :P
What? No. I was saying this is the best community on the forums and is 10x better than those. I tend to lurk the Art Lounge to see what's going on and rarely if ever head in to the Politics Forum.

Ah right. I've lurked in politics once and art a few times. I never post there since I have nothing good to say with the exception of "OMG DRAGON ARTWORKS ROCK!" :P

Actually, I thought he was drunk or on drugs but he said he wasn't. He just said he was a genie and granted me three wishes. I wished for him to praise dragons, write a blog about them and then draw me fucking a dragoness. Wishes well spent, huh? The last one alone was worth it.
So I guess that 'genie' post on my newspost derives from that, right? :P

Yeah, that was related and considering that picture you drew for me, I thought you might have been a genie.

At 7/30/10 01:00 PM, Auz wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: Looks like I won this round. Now to ask the C&C regulars.
So far it's 1-1.

I know I've won.

I'm an honest individual, though.
Yes, but that can't be said about them.

Maybe so but at least I'm honest and if they get caught not doing enough work, that's their problem.

Windows 7 I heard is much better than Vista. I still need to look into upgrading my OS. As for hard drive space and RAM, that's the same as mine. The other two things I'm curious about are the processor and graphics card.
It's WAAAAY better. Vista sucked ass in my opinion. I got a laptop with Vista and it just can't handle doing two things at the same time. I keep getting doesn't respond messages everywhere.

Ugh, I do get not responding messages quite often. Maybe it is time for me to get Windows 7 if it's more manageable.

Let's see... Processor is 2.20 GHz and graphics card is intel int gma 4500m I think. Does that make sense?

2.20 GHz? I take it you have dual core. As for graphics card, hmm, I'm always unfamiliar with what's good and what's bad but I wanted to know what you had.

Well, you have to pay to get the games but Steam itself is free.
Yes alright, but like I said I already have other hobbies that require spending a lot of money. And if I buy games, I'd rather buy games for my N64 or Gamecube (even though they're hard to get nowadays).

Well, if you're interested in Steam sometime, be sure to let me know. Just don't be like Haggard and completely oppose it, you hear?

Screw the DVDs. Plus, blu-rays are better. :P
Yes, but they're way too expensive right now.

I find them to be affordable and worth it for the quality.

How many Manowar tickets are there?
Three :p

So I can take Haggard and Coop to see them. THEY WILL NOT SAY NO! So yeah, Manowar tickets it is. When do you plan to see them anyway?

Maybe but I always saw myself as a Spy who can disguise himself very well.
Yeah, but shapeshifting makes that kinda easy.

Yes and?

I don't think the anger is worth it. I actually plan to say something about my 100th flash in a few days time.
Ooh, I'm curious.

You'll hear soon enough.

Doesn't sound like much to me. I'm sure she'll be impressed with what I have.
There's still a lot of fortune left there from the fabled 'golden age' of the BBS.

But Gagsy signed up in 2006. I felt the better days of General forum was in 2005.

At times, I can be observant or get bored from not knowing where to go and look everywhere so that's how I found out.
Yes, but going through the entire game that way adds like ... about a dozen hours of unrewarded searching.

Try saying that to gfox. He spends far too much time on some games just for these things.

Yes, they can kick your ass so easily. I've heard the last boss is so hard that you'll still have troubles even at level 99.
Holy shit! In most Final Fantasy games you're good when you're around level 50.

Indeed but for FFIV, Square wanted a ball crushing hard game. If I can beat FFIV DS, I'll feel like even more of a gamer.

Though the problem with that is that I generally lose motivation for finishing the game when I'm spending hours upon hours doing sidequests.

That's why I'm always dependable on sidequests. If it's good, I'll do my best to complete it. However, if I don't really like the sidequest, I'll put it aside.

Well, it's worth seeing the hilariously bad parts such as the first eight seconds of this clip.
Lol, what the fuck was that all about? That guy with the black hair talked as if he was stoned or something. Weird dialogue.

Exactly, and that's why The Room is infamous for how bad it is. However, it didn't stop Luis from greeting him at Comic Con.

Nice knowing you. :P
Noooooo! You don't understand! You can't leave me like this!

Nope, it's too late. You've got to spend more time with your girlfriend and look forward to the future. Hey, last year I was willing to give up NG when I thought I was in love. Too bad it didn't work out in the end.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 06:02:06

At 7/30/10 11:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh man, tell me about it. For subscription videos, there's now an ugly menu bar at the bottom that pops up if you hover close to up. This shit is so unnecessary. I remember one guy who I talk to said YouTube must hate people and I think that statement is becoming more and more true. Still, let them keep digging that hole and eventually ruin the site for all.
Yeah. The thing I hated most was that drop down menu they pasted on your username some time ago. That used to take you straight to your channel, but then you had to go there via some other links. So annoying. They made it a little better now, but still...

I believe I ranted on that. If you have a read here, you'll find out how inconvenient I found it to be.

That's another reason why it's hard to leave YouTube. I can find so much music over there and it's very useful for whenever I want to buy an album or find new bands.
Yeah, I like how you can pretty much find anything by just typing in a title or a lyric.

I dunno about the lyrics but title, definitely. However, when it comes to obscure bands, you might have troubles finding their music on YouTube because hardly anyone will know them.

Sounds like power metal, though since most bands sing about dragons.
We're different because we have an actual dragon in our band.

Well, I suppose having a dragon in a band counts as something. Maybe we could mix power and death metal together...

I'm pretty sure they've given up on my LUL posts at this point since over the last week or two I've been able to make 2/3 posts to cover all my replies. That's a shitload of reading to do. With gfox's help who he said he'll think of catching up over the weekend (*snorts* yeah right), we'll be safe and can talk about our plans all we want.
10 bucks that gfox is not gonna do that.

Who would be sane to believe that he's going to do catch-ups these days?

And if he does come here, I'll have an insane amount of catching up to do in one day 0.0

Haha, wouldn't we all? :D

At 7/29/10 12:31 PM, NEVR wrote: By that logic, icon mods should have the most sex appeal because they're the least resemblant of actual mods, due to the lack of yellow aura and access to the mod forums. Concordantly, since you became a forum mod, you lost ANY sex appeal you once possessed and paved the way for Bahamut to take over as one of the most eligible bachelors of the Wi/Ht? forums. ;P
... I think I'll just count that as a vote for icon mods. Also, forum mods are more sexy than anything and that's a fact.

NEVR is a more experienced moderator and you have to take his word on forum mods having very little to no sex appeal.

How about a meet and greet with Bahamut in London next week? I could arrange that for you.

You called?

At 7/31/10 12:24 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:32 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Today is Pigeon's birthday and now I'm congratulating:
So, what's the average lifetime of a pigeon?

ThePigeonMaster can live much longer than other pigeons.

At 7/30/10 03:36 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Sorry for the double post but I'm just telling you that somebody of you guys will make me a birthday thread. So if you're not "that person", please don't make me a thread and wait for the big one :P
You covered it well - if you had said "that dragon", it would've been easier to figure out who would make it.

That would have been too much of a giveaway.

At 7/30/10 11:06 AM, Bahamut wrote: Haha, that is so true. I guess we just found many ways to make conversations and now we're full of it. Still, the activity in LUL overall isn't as fast as it used to be. It used to be 1 or 2 new pages each day. Now it's a new page every 2 days. On the bright side, it seems to be more conversations than posts about achievements.
Yeah, I remember it being more active in my lurking days. But we are still a great place to hang out at, despite missing some users...

Yeah, it would be nice if they could return. Still, not much we can do and let's be grateful that we have several great loungers around here.

That reminds me of one picture by FatChaos.
Where? Which? When?

Dis guy. View at your own risk.

Tommy Wiseau just can't take his criticism. I find that funny since many people have written negative reviews for his film before but when NC reviewed it, he wanted it gone. I'll admit, I wasn't great with handling criticism for my flashes a few years back but goddamn, if someone made a video review of it, I wouldn't make copyright claims on it. Hell, you can hate my flashes all you want and I won't care.
Nobody hates your flashes, though. Your flashes >>>>>>>>> The Room. ;)

I don't expect everyone to like my flashes. Infact, I only expect a minority to enjoy it. Sure, 110 faves for flash author is quite a lot but I'm still an underground artist.

And yeah, the review is still up on other sites (youtube!), why he only got it down on TGWTG?

Tommy Wiseau hardly makes any sense, I guess.

That's the only good thing that came out from the copyright infringement. I find the Tommy Wiseau show to be one of the funniest videos by Doug in a long time.
Hahahahaha, yes! That video is great, his Wiseau impersonation was perfect!

I wish I could do an impersonation of Wiseau that well.

You'll get used to it after a while.
Hopefully. I think I always miss deposits, when I haven't done so yet. I'll try to keep it up!

Yeah, I too get paranoid about missing deposits. I sometimes think I didn't do the 5 votes for the day at all or slipped and didn't vote for the last flash. The only deposits I miss are the occasional ones for my alts but that's alright for me.

Can't you download low-res skins for the models to make it easier on the performance?
I guess I'll just wait until my father returns from Chile (he and my mother will go there on the 3rd and will return a week later) so we can talk about buying a new computer. I'll hold my expectations, although he complained about this computer today, so it's a step forward! :P

Here's hoping you can get a better computer. TF2 is far too demanding these days, even though it's a 2007 game.

And I want to write a story about two dragons or even make a flash about it... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
ONE DAY.

Yeah, I sure hope I can make it someday. I do love the ideas I have in mind.

True but will he ever return? I have doubts.
I don't think he'll quit as a whole. Even if he makes only those odd posts here & there, he'll still be around. Lurking. In the shadows. ¬¬

Well, the last thing he posted was in my birthday thread.

Will do. However, I get the feeling a few others will want me to say hi to them as well.
Ok, then say hi for "all the Wi/Ht mates"! That covers it. :)

Yeah, that works!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 06:03:10

At 7/31/10 04:01 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: The Call of the Wintermoon is the greatest example of their humour.

Meh, Benny Hill is overused.

Well, there's still time for my aunt. However, she's all the way up in scotland and her boyfriend can take care of the driving for her so maybe it's not necessary.
I head most people in the northern parts of scotland don't even own a car and hitchhike instead.

If that's the case, he must be in the minority in Scotland for owning a car, even if his car is ancient.

Night travel services aren't very good around here. The last bus getting to my road is at midnight so I can't stay out in town for too long.
I forgot to include that 24 hours of public transportation is only avaiable on Weekends (Friday to Sunday), during the week, I'd have to rely on those night busses. But there's not too much reason to stay out late during the week anyway.

Well, you could be out late having a few drinks.

Of course. Megadeth are one of the key bands in heavy metal as well as sharing several similarities with Metallica.

There was one? Either I missed it or the joke fell flat.

Actually, there'll eventually be many users at level 49. For now, there's only less than 100 who are at there or past it. I remember when the redesign launched ramagi was at level 45 and now we have around 170 users who are level 45 or above.

Yes but suffering with the cupid for over 100 days is still horrible.

Coop and NEVR of course. But both of them are also forum moderators... I wonder if THAT means anything.

In other words, none of the review mods are sexy. :P

At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: But we got a lot more than just dragons on the icon moderator team! Like exotic women, such as the lovely Reaneanea.
I can't see any of the other icon mods. There's a big blue dragon in my line of sight.

All you need to see is me. ;)

At 7/31/10 05:23 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:06 AM, Bahamut wrote: I won't be able to rely on them for triangles in metal, though.

Just leave it to me. I'll find something that can add tons of energy to triangles.

It was magnificent.

And now to hear it next week in person. I actually had a brief dream this morning where we were at the meet. We only had breakfast, though but if I slept longer, I'm sure more interesting things would have happened.

Quit being so hardcore. :P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 06:03:44

List #104

I had an awesome day, and now I'm congratulating:

reverend: 14,000 Experience & Top 700 Exp
Knugen: 2,000 Days on NG
Hacsev: 39,000 Medal Points
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 50,000 Total Points
DeIvL666: Level 15
aldlv: 24,000 Saves
sandwich-eater: Level 17
gamejunkie: Top 140 B/P

Thanks to:

All the people who wished me a happy birthday today :)

Listening to:

Chicago - Your the Inspiration

---

At 7/31/10 12:24 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote: So, what's the average lifetime of a pigeon?

From 2 to 3 years. But I'm immortal :P

It's a distant dream, though.

I've already said to my mother that I wanted to take flying lessons and, eventually, become a commercial aeroplane pilot. She denied it with the reason if each class costing about R$300,00, which is actually true.

I'm still not sure if I REALLY want to join the Brazilian Air Force, but it would be great if it actually happened. There's a base I my city, and a couple in the south of Brazil, where I have familiars. I have to think about this...

Oh, then now I see what's going on. Think very carefully about making that decision, since it's obvious it will affect the rest of your life. Independent of whatever you choose.

As for the airport, well I'm already a 18 years old guy so know I can officially get out of the country without the permission of an adult :P
Come to Brazil! ;P

Hell Yeah! That's one of MY dreams :P

I'm gonna visit you and watch the awesome spectacle you've got near of your house.
Well... we could just go to the airport, then. :P

This is a small schedule of what I would like to do if I ever travel to Brazil:

- Visit Rio and São Paulo
- Take a snapshot of the Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer)
- Get deep inside of the Amazon jungle and watch the river.
- See if I have luck enough to meet Ronaldinho (if he is in the country) or Xuxa :P (same with her, lol)
- Being in the legendary Brazilian Carnival

Força Aérea Brasileira = FAB. Really, that's the name.
Hahahahahahahaha. Coincidence? ;)
A pretty FABulous one!

Fab aura is so kickass that it crossed the dimension of computers to the real world.

At 7/30/10 03:36 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Sorry for the double post but I'm just telling you that somebody of you guys will make me a birthday thread. So if you're not "that person", please don't make me a thread and wait for the big one :P
You covered it well - if you had said "that dragon", it would've been easier to figure out who would make it.

lmao, I was actually gonna post that in first place.

I play guitar IRL, does that count on something?

Any kind of guitarist kick ass. Period.
If you play guitar or appreciate the beautiful sound they create, you're in the club :P

At 7/30/10 03:32 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: I've not used anything so far - not really a painful situation, but it looks good :P
Well, that's pretty good to hear. And yeah, it looks pretty badass :P
And now it's starting to heal - I just need a few more days, so that certain friends can see it :P

Hahaha. I remember when I had my black eye, it disappeared in 1 week, I guess it took a lot of time in healing since the rock hit strong and directly in my eye, as I said in my last post.

Next time be careful with those cricket balls :P

Icon mods look so sexy, IMO. I wish I could be one of them in my hopes on looking sexy in newgrounds :3

So my vote goes for the icon mods.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 07:45:23

Congratulations to: -

reverend - 14,000 Experience and Top 700 in Experience
knugen - 2,000 Days on NG
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 50,000 Total Stats
Hacsev - 39,000 Medal Points
Coop83 - Top 25 in Flash Reviews
DeIvL666 - Level 15
aldlv - 24,000 Saves
sandwich-eater - Level 17
gamejunkie - Top 140 B/P

At 7/29/10 01:54 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Back from holidays, what'd I miss?
Lots of conversations.

Nothing new there then :P

At 7/27/10 10:30 AM, Bahamut wrote: Hopefully someone has taken care of your account.
Nobody volunteered but it's cool, just 2 missed deposits, no big deal :P
Trust me, missing two deposits will be a big deal later on your NG life.

Well having missed almost a month just after signing up for NG, 2 days is a bit of a drop in the ocean haha.

Nice doggy. Bye!
I think that's enough Room bashing for now. After all, I still have to watch yesterday's review :P
Actually, as long as Nostalgia Critic has troubles with Tommy Wiseau, I'll keep making fun of him and his movie, unless I get bored.

Well I couldn't think of any more quotes worth mentioning to take the piss out of Tommy Wiseau :P

At 7/30/10 11:42 AM, reverend wrote:
At 7/30/10 08:18 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if I made a load of other mistakes as well >.<
Like missing my birthday. :P

Sorry man, happy belated birthday!

At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I would have thought Rohan would take the lead considering he's a barbarian and how he'd have to keep himself in shape. :P

I've gotten lazy in the last year or so, can't quite wrestle those sabre-toothed tigers like I used to...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 10:56:57

List #8
last list
Congrats to
aldlv-24,000 saves
sandwich-eater-level 17
gamejunkie-Top 140 B/Pers
PabMo-30,000 medal points

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 11:38:07

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: The Call of the Wintermoon is the greatest example of their humour.
Meh, Benny Hill is overused.

Not if the music is used in combination with an Immortal video. :P
Also by the time Benny Hill and Immortal got mixed, Benny Hill wasn't overused.

If that's the case, he must be in the minority in Scotland for owning a car, even if his car is ancient.

Yeah, has something to do with people in the north being so poor. In the south (ie Edinburgh and Glasgow) people are more wealthy, so they also own a car.

But not if you have to get up early the next day.

Of course. Megadeth are one of the key bands in heavy metal as well as sharing several similarities with Metallica.

Yeah, they definitely played their part in Metal History.

Yes there was one. And it was really hard to miss. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIoY5Njm bc

I almost hate to say it, but I think we again can agree on this.

That would mean Coop and NEVR are not sexy if they act as review mods?

But I'm not aroused by dragons.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 11:40:07

Rev gets cracking on the art list; congrats to:
knugen - 2,000 Days on NG
Hacsev - 39k Medal Points
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 50k Total Points
DelvL666 - Level 15
aldlv - 24k Saves
gamejunkie - Top 140 in B/P
PabMo - 30k Medal Points

Thanks to:
Soapbubble x2
WilhelmTheVampire x2
Sir-Nuts x2
Coop83 x2
ThePigeonMaster x2
Odyssic x2
RohantheBarbarian x2

----

At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: Is that something with Jagermeister? Blech, I hate Jagermeister.

Yeah, it's a shot dunked some Red Bull. Jager isn't my preferred shot of choice, SoCo and Jack are. :)

At 7/31/10 12:24 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Well... they are Japanese. :P

The entire Mario series has those oddities. Just like that old "why-when-I-eat-mushrooms-I-grow" joke. I still can't find any slight relations between raccoons and leafs and why they make you a flying raccoon. =/

Well at least in Super Mario World they tried to make sense with a feather you can fly and I guess the same goes with a cap with wings in Super Mario 64.

At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: It sure is. My four alts will probably take two weeks to get to the top 700 but I care more about my main account's rank.

Two weeks, I figure it would be shorter than that since they are basically right behind me.

I think you should stick to reverend, although Doop83 does sound like a good name.

I agree Doop83 is a pretty good name certainly better than Poop83. I dunno, unless I find something that is outstanding I'll probably keep this one. :/

Yeah, that was related and considering that picture you drew for me, I thought you might have been a genie.

I'm still not seeing how that picture has anything to me being possibly a genie. Was you thinking about dragons with swords for dick and I just posted my piece around the same time?

At 7/31/10 07:45 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Sorry man, happy belated birthday!

Ha! Thanks. :)

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 13:42:30

5,000 blams and promoted to Lieutenant.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 16:32:01

At 7/31/10 05:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, you only have yourself to blame. Playing cricket keeps me reasonably trim, but I could probably use going to the gym again.

I don't actually look any different to that old picture of myself, except maybe with longer hair. I could still probably stand to get to the gym more often these days though...

At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: Can we at least agree that I have more sex appeal than the other icon mods?

Yeah alright, if only to end the debate. ;P

I would have thought Rohan would take the lead considering he's a barbarian and how he'd have to keep himself in shape. :P

Barbarians are generally pretty ugly though...

NEVR is a more experienced moderator and you have to take his word on forum mods having very little to no sex appeal.

lol, I've been a mod for just shy of 2 years now... time flies. Notice how since then the majority of Wi/Ht? has been modded. COINCIDENCE? Well, yeah probably.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-07-31 21:29:19

NGLogs Update #9 is now up for your viewing pleasure. I'm lucky that the last Saturday of the month happened to fall in my three day period of "solace".

Also if anyone was trying to PM me, I just realized that my inbox was full, so I cleared a few pages.

Wilhelm is packing yet again, this time for camp. Bye again, everyone! Congrats to:
Hacsev - 39k Medal Points
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 50k Total Stats
PabMo - Police Lieutenant and 30k Medal Points
DeIvL666 - Level 15
aldlv - 24k Saves
gamejunkie - Top 140 in B/P
sushi13 - 5k Blams and Lieutenant

At 7/31/10 12:35 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 7/30/10 08:17 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: Mine sure is. It's a lop so it's ears hang down instead of up. Plus it's really fat. I have a family of wild bunnies living in my backyard so I see a lot of bunnies everyday.
And by how fast they reproduce, they will soon claim your entire house. :P

Oh man, that'll be fun. Hopefully by then I'll be in college so I probably won't see a rabbit infestation.

Yeah, none of pets are that spoiled. My family doesn't want our animals to be completely dependent on us.
Well, whenever my entire family travels, we always find a new solution for our two cats, but it always involve someone. We won't let them stay outside for so long.

I'd be nervous to leave a cat outside. Every time people tell me they do that I just think, if I had a cat it would totally run away. Cats don't like me.

Yeah, but thanks for offering. I'll think of you next time I need someone which I believe will be in November.
I'll have to deny this one, unfortunately. I'll have this huge test in December, and I need to get prepared for it. It might decide whether or not I'll go to college sooner!

Oh man, I definitely don't want to interfere with that. It's all good, I've got several months to find someone else.

My problem is that in almost every game, there are spots where I have to guess. It doesn't matter how good you are because a small part of each game is luck.
Yeah, 80% of the time I have to give a small guess, usually at the very end of the board. It sucks playing for 5 minutes and screwing up on the last seconds. =(

If I had a nickel for every time I screwed up with two mines left...

Well it'll be even worse when I come back from camp. I'll be gone for two weeks. Oh boy I can't wait for that...
More than a post, just of congratulating people. AWESOMENESS

I've never needed more than one post for a list and replies. There's a first for everything, I guess. And that includes Clock Day achievements. I'm so screwed.

While I was away, I got something called a teraminx in the mail. It's really cool but also very annoying. People on YouTube can solve it in like 90 minutes. It took me about 5 hours. I THINK IT'S MUCH MORE FUN TO LOOK AT IT THOUGH.
This? I'm not even touching that!

Haha, yeah I meant to post a picture but I hit the Post It button by accident. :P

At 7/29/10 11:41 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: To dearest Haggard, I still haven't forgotten that I said I'd tell you all about my trip to Germany last year, and I'm a man of my word. One day soon I'll tell you everything I remember, that is, if you're still interested.
Of course I am still interested. ;)

Alright I'll have it before...2011? IT WILL BE DONE.

Oh my. That's absolutely terrible, and at a love parade too. My condolences for the affected families.
It's 21 now, 3 died in hospital. And out of the 500something that where hurt, 20 still need medical attention.
I've seen a view videos on youtube recorded by people that where in this "stampede", it was really shocking. :(

I don't think I have it in me to watch those. Does anybody know the cause of the panic yet? It must have been pretty major to cause a stampede like that.

At 7/30/10 08:17 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: Yeesh, cricket must be quite the brutal sport to cause an injury like that. Last time I got something that looked like that was last time I played, ironically, softball.
A quick comparison for you - a cricket ball is 5.5 - 5.75 ounces; 8 13/16" - 9" in circumference A softball is 6.25 - 7 ounces and 12" circumference. Cricket balls are dense little rocks, while softballs aren't as hard, so don't pack as much of a punch.

After a quick Google search, I see what you mean. I really have no idea how cricket works or really anything at all about it. I hope it heals quickly because it must feel strange walking around with a black eye everywhere.

Oh by the way, my vote goes to the icon mods.

Request an audio review. I could use some motivation.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 00:17:38

7.77 base voting power. I know Bahamut will approve of teh 7ness ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 02:34:30

At 7/31/10 04:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: Top 25 Flash Reviewer!

Finally caught and passed Afro_Stud. Now I need to knuckle down and get past Frenzy, before sixflab passes me.

Well if it gives you any relief i've been a little busy this week and have barely done any reviewing. It's pretty much a toss up if i'll bridge that 50 review gap before August.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 03:31:05

Level 35.

Here's hoping that it's one of the top awards of the day.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 05:17:05

Coop hopes the cricket club can keep the pressure on the team at the top this weekend, while congratulating:
PabMo: 30,000 Medal Points
sushi13: 5,000 Blams; Lieutenant
NEVR: 7.77 Base Voting Power
Aci6: 11,000 Experience
36Holla: Level 35

Thank you to:
RohantheBarbarian
reverend
WilhelmTheVampire

At 7/31/10 05:24 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Top 140 B/P'ers

It's a little easy to gain 10 ranks at that stage... sure, every 10 ranks after top 100 and then every rank after top 25 is cool, but I'm stating borderline.

At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: How many Manowar tickets are there?
So I can take Haggard and Coop to see them. THEY WILL NOT SAY NO! So yeah, Manowar tickets it is. When do you plan to see them anyway?

I will go to see Manowar with you - over my dead body. There, I did not say a word that looks remarkably like on, when reversed.

At 7/30/10 11:06 AM, Bahamut wrote: I won't be able to rely on them for triangles in metal, though.
Just leave it to me. I'll find something that can add tons of energy to triangles.

"Okay, I'm done recafoobilating the energy-motron... or whatever."

It was magnificent.
And now to hear it next week in person. I actually had a brief dream this morning where we were at the meet. We only had breakfast, though but if I slept longer, I'm sure more interesting things would have happened.

Breakfast at Travelodge. What a wonderful thought :P

Quit being so hardcore. :P

Yeah, I've got to - it looks yellow now :(

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: Next time be careful with those cricket balls :P

I've always been careful with cricket balls. I've had 1 black eye in 7 years, so it's not that bad.

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: gamejunkie: Top 140 B/P

How the hell is that an achievement, but being a top 25 Flash Reviewer NOT an achievement?!

*sulks*

At 7/31/10 06:49 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 7/31/10 05:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: Coop wonders if he's got a shot at 50 B/P per day this week
Really, because I wonder if I can get one blam this week.
Weekly: 180 B/P Points (0 blams and 180 saves)

I had 67 Blams over the last week, so I'm not that bad. How can you miss that many Blams and still get 180 Saves?!

At 7/31/10 11:38 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Which review mods are sexy, though? :P

The Review mods not being sexy is something caused by Malachy. He neutralises sexuality in a smaller groups (i.e Review Mods), where there is enough sexings of awesome BBS mods to cancel out his negative impact there :P

At 7/31/10 04:32 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/31/10 05:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, you only have yourself to blame. Playing cricket keeps me reasonably trim, but I could probably use going to the gym again.
I don't actually look any different to that old picture of myself, except maybe with longer hair. I could still probably stand to get to the gym more often these days though...

We'll do some drills in Hyde Park :P

At 7/31/10 09:29 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: After a quick Google search, I see what you mean. I really have no idea how cricket works or really anything at all about it.

It's hard and makes a slap when it comes off the palm of my hand. It was more of a "boing" off my eyebrow, according to sources related to the cricket club.

I hope it heals quickly because it must feel strange walking around with a black eye everywhere.

It doesn't fell different at all.

At 8/1/10 02:34 AM, sixflab wrote:
At 7/31/10 04:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: Top 25 Flash Reviewer!

Well if it gives you any relief i've been a little busy this week and have barely done any reviewing. It's pretty much a toss up if i'll bridge that 50 review gap before August.

But it's August now O.0

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 06:10:50

Sex Appeal Standings:

Icon Mods 2 - 2 Review Mods

Looks like Bahamut still hasn't won yet. Oh and by the way, did I forget to mention the voting is held under Belgian rules? Not voting is a one way ticket to Newgrounds prison >:(

At 7/30/10 02:50 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Also Coop is an review mod. Take that as you will.

If you put it like that it sounds very much like another vote for the icon mods.

At 7/31/10 12:24 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 7/30/10 03:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: Keyboards / Piano?
I play guitar IRL, does that count on something?

But we already got Bahamut playing guitar... alright you can do back up guitar, Fro's on the synths.

At 7/31/10 12:35 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 7/30/10 01:32 PM, Auz wrote: Kinda. I should be at my gf's house right now, but I'm still sitting here at home typing out all these replies.
Don't let that happen again.

I shouldn't, but then again I mustn't get dragged into real life too much :(

Yes, they were Tuesday/Wednesday, and the second matches will be next week. But hey, not many players from those clubs were in their national teams. Hey, Brazil only had three players from local teams, the rest plays in Europe.
Alright. I guess it's not such a problem then.
Well, we still have the local championship going on, so we will play with our "bench players", mostly. And it's the biggest rivalry match this Sunday, and playing without the full team is risky. =/

What match will that be? Internacional against?

Yeah, you told me before. This kinda makes me wonder what's gonna happen to that dutch guy Joran van der Sloot that got arrested some time ago in Cuba. I think he got 30 years or something, but... I suppose he might be out in 10.
Well, I believe Cuba's system is a lot different... I don't see why they would be that lenient.

Oh wait, it was Peru by the way. But he was fucking around with some businessman's daughter and probably murdered her, so I suppose he's in pretty deep shit.

Sport Club Internacional. You might have heard us from winning over Barcelona in 2006's FIFA World Club's Cup. Epic match. =)
Yes I've heard of that club, I wouldn't have any idea who plays there.
We have Sandro, who was called to play in that friendly match against USA. He will go to Tottenham after the Libertadores is over, though. And maybe you've heard of Rafael Sobis...

I have heard of neither. Sorry, I never really keep up with all the transfers. Even for my own favorite team I'm always like meh... I'll see when the season starts.

And Pato, Nilmar, Lúcio, and even Dunga played for us. ^^

Dunga himself played?

And I never really follow the world cup for clubs. I don't think it's ever broadcasted here anyway.
They've been broadcasting it here since 2005. Football always gives more audience than anything.

I think they might broadcast it if dutch teams ever participate, but they seldom ever do. Last time we won something big in Europe was in 2001 or something.

But nice to see your club winning in the CL. My favorite club (Ajax Amsterdam) doesn't do so well anymore these days in Europe. A couple of days ago they tied against some lame ass Greek club in the qualification round.
Ah, I've heard a lot about them when I was younger, although I don't believe they are that great nowadays, right?

Give me a quick review on how they are doing nowadays... ^^

Yeah in 1995/1996/1997 they were probably the best team in Europe. Won the Champions League first, then got to the final the year after and they had all kinds of great players like Patrick Kluivert, Marc Overmars, Edwin van der Sar, Edgar Davids and Frank de Boer. Pretty much half of the Dutch national team was playing there.

Then they were all bought by Barcelona, Man Unt and other major teams in Europe and since then they haven't performed that well in Europe, except in 2004 I believe when they reached the quarter or semi finals of the CL (with Ibrahimovic, Chivu and some other good players).

Currently we're still waiting for their 30th championship, but they keep coming in 2nd for the past couple of years =/

I hope so. Would be cool if they did as well as Germany did this WC.
Hopefully. We have some great quality players in there, and most of them should be playing in Europe by the end of the year. Lets see how they're doing in four years time.

I'm sure the major European clubs would be very interested if the team performs alright.

Oh yes!!! That was such a mistake. If I remember correctly, it didn't get touched once but TWICE by Spanish players. Yet he still gave a goal kick. One of the stupidest mistakes Webb made that game.
Exactly. I think it was a free kick for Holland. van Persie shot and it hit a Spanish player and Casillas' hands. WAY TO GO.

Yeah, that was ridiculous.

Yeah, and it is quite miraculous that he predicted all those matches correctly, so it's only logical that some people think he's some kind of prophet. Heck I bet the same thing would happen in the Middle East if there was an Octopus like that living there.
And hey, ever noticed how he only picked the teams that were on his left side?

Hmm now that you mention it...

Personally I was already under the impression that there might be some person manipulating the octopus' pick. Maybe by placing different types of food, but it could be that someone knew the octopus only went to the left. Still, that person would have done a pretty good job predicting Serbia and Spain winning.

Yes, true. And I guess the long travels can be tiring for the players and maybe they won't be available for their clubs anymore for a longer time.
Hmm, maybe if they held it like a mini-world cup, on different places. Example, all the teams travel to a same country, and play their a bunch of games there. I don't know, maybe it would work, but not everyone would be interested in some matches...

They could to that, but that would mean the players will have to leave their clubs for quite some time. Unless of course the FIFA also decides to halt all the national competitions, but then we'd need a couple of weeks extra in May and June to finish the leagues.

Heh, a railway through the amazon would be cool.
Yeah, but the Amazon had barely been explored at the time, so they stuck with Southeast / South railways.

Although our main transportation system are and will always be road transport. We barely have trains, and the nautical one isn't that big everywhere.

You would say that travelling by ship might be handy in Brazil, but then again the car is probably much faster if you drive along the coast.

At 7/27/10 09:36 AM, Auz wrote: So Coop takes the leading vocals, Bahamut does the guitar + background roaring, I do the amplified triangle, Haggard's on drums, reverend the bass guitar... it feels like we're still missing something... how about some violin players? I'm sure we can get Sir-Nuts and Fro to play one.
Why me on drums? I'd rather play the guitar. :(

We already have two guitarists, so you will have to play drums. Or bongos.

Also, keep up that attitude. We need a drama queen in our group to get some media attention.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 06:12:16

Bahamut replies coming up in a minute.

At 7/29/10 12:04 PM, Auz wrote: So Wi/Ht?'ers, what has more sex appeal, an icon mod or a review mod? Take the fact that Bahamut is an icon mod into consideration. Voting starts... now!
But we got a lot more than just dragons on the icon moderator team! Like exotic women, such as the lovely Reaneanea.

Bahamut, move over!

Vote vote vote people!
Review mods are sexier. This is my official vote! I'll log in daily to vote for this, just like those knobs at 4chan, that log in *ahem* daily to vote for Trollcar :P

Fine, I'll log in daily to vote for the icon mods. That'll cancel yours out.

And you can't even spell her name right. Renaenae is lovely, yes.

It's her fault for picking such a hard to spell name.

I'll take my chances.

Of course I could also... make sure you do not see Bahamut there.

Monty Python - the silliest thing ever on TV.
Something as silly as that can only be made by the British.
Indeed. We have a skill for it.

A skill? You British people are silly by nature.

At 7/29/10 03:20 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Keyboards / Piano?
Forget the synths, get me a Theremin!

Yes! If we're gonna revolutionize metal with triangles, might as well go all the way and use a Theremin as well.

Alright, anyone here who knowns how to play one?

At 7/31/10 11:40 AM, reverend wrote:
At 7/30/10 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: Is that something with Jagermeister? Blech, I hate Jagermeister.
Yeah, it's a shot dunked some Red Bull. Jager isn't my preferred shot of choice, SoCo and Jack are. :)

I suppose Jack is Jack Daniels Whiskey. What's SoCo?

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:

Icon mods look so sexy, IMO. I wish I could be one of them in my hopes on looking sexy in newgrounds :3

So my vote goes for the icon mods.

I see what you did there :p

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 06:45:19

At 7/30/10 11:04 AM, Bahamut wrote: Looks like I won this round. Now to ask the C&C regulars.
So far it's 1-1.
I know I've won.

Just like the Americans won to England a couple of weeks ago? ;)

It's WAAAAY better. Vista sucked ass in my opinion. I got a laptop with Vista and it just can't handle doing two things at the same time. I keep getting doesn't respond messages everywhere.
Ugh, I do get not responding messages quite often. Maybe it is time for me to get Windows 7 if it's more manageable.

I didn't get them nearly as often on Windows XP. I probably would've switched to XP if my laptop had Vista installed, but since it had 7 I wanted to give it a try. So far I'm happy with it.

Let's see... Processor is 2.20 GHz and graphics card is intel int gma 4500m I think. Does that make sense?
2.20 GHz? I take it you have dual core. As for graphics card, hmm, I'm always unfamiliar with what's good and what's bad but I wanted to know what you had.

Yes, dual core. Is that not good?

Yes alright, but like I said I already have other hobbies that require spending a lot of money. And if I buy games, I'd rather buy games for my N64 or Gamecube (even though they're hard to get nowadays).
Well, if you're interested in Steam sometime, be sure to let me know. Just don't be like Haggard and completely oppose it, you hear?

I won't be opposing it. I know I had a discussion about it with gfox long ago as well, but since he hasn't shown up in months I'm not sure what it was all about anymore.

Yes, but they're way too expensive right now.

I'd rather stick to DVDs at the moment who cost half as much and still have the quality I'm used to.

How many Manowar tickets are there?

I got a confession to make :(

I don't have Manowar tickets, but I was hoping you wouldn't pick my N64. I would want to take that thing with me into my grave. I'll make sure I'll have Manowar tickets when I'm gonna have that dragon tattoo set.

Yeah, but shapeshifting makes that kinda easy.
Yes and?

It's cheap to call yourself someone who can disguise really well if you can shapeshift!

Doesn't sound like much to me. I'm sure she'll be impressed with what I have.
There's still a lot of fortune left there from the fabled 'golden age' of the BBS.
But Gagsy signed up in 2006. I felt the better days of General forum was in 2005.

Yes those were the days. Although I think I've seen many people mentioning 2006 as the golden age.

Yes, but going through the entire game that way adds like ... about a dozen hours of unrewarded searching.
Try saying that to gfox. He spends far too much time on some games just for these things.

Now he spends far too much time on his marriage.

Holy shit! In most Final Fantasy games you're good when you're around level 50.
Indeed but for FFIV, Square wanted a ball crushing hard game. If I can beat FFIV DS, I'll feel like even more of a gamer.

Lol, it'll be quite an achievement.

Though the problem with that is that I generally lose motivation for finishing the game when I'm spending hours upon hours doing sidequests.
That's why I'm always dependable on sidequests. If it's good, I'll do my best to complete it. However, if I don't really like the sidequest, I'll put it aside.

Yeah I should probably do that as well, if I ever want to finish Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lol, what the fuck was that all about? That guy with the black hair talked as if he was stoned or something. Weird dialogue.
Exactly, and that's why The Room is infamous for how bad it is. However, it didn't stop Luis from greeting him at Comic Con.

I'm actually getting interested in seeing that movie now. Also did Luis meet that actor?

Noooooo! You don't understand! You can't leave me like this!
Nope, it's too late. You've got to spend more time with your girlfriend and look forward to the future.

Nooooo I don't want to think about my career and having children yet. I'm still young, aren't I? :'(

Hey, last year I was willing to give up NG when I thought I was in love. Too bad it didn't work out in the end.

Yeah I heard. Too bad, but there are more dragons in the sea.

At 7/31/10 06:02 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/30/10 01:00 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah. The thing I hated most was that drop down menu they pasted on your username some time ago. That used to take you straight to your channel, but then you had to go there via some other links. So annoying. They made it a little better now, but still...
I believe I ranted on that. If you have a read here, you'll find out how inconvenient I found it to be.

Very inconvenient. There were a few more thing indeed, but that was the one I had the biggest problem with.

Yeah, I like how you can pretty much find anything by just typing in a title or a lyric.
I dunno about the lyrics but title, definitely. However, when it comes to obscure bands, you might have troubles finding their music on YouTube because hardly anyone will know them.

Well I don't listen to obscure bands often so I don't have that problem.

The only thing I dislike is when people put up homemade covers, guitar hero runs and live version with poor quality. It gets more and more difficult finding a good, original version of the song that way.

We're different because we have an actual dragon in our band.
Well, I suppose having a dragon in a band counts as something. Maybe we could mix power and death metal together...

Great idea! Maybe pour a little lounge in there and I think we got ourselves the ultimate metal mix.

10 bucks that gfox is not gonna do that.

Hardly anyone I'm guessing.

Still, it's strange that after all this talk about him, he still hasn't showed his face yet. I believe he used to drop in sometimes whenever there was a discussion about him and confirm he was still alive and well.

And if he does come here, I'll have an insane amount of catching up to do in one day 0.0

Yeah... I can hardly imagine what this topic will look like after he catches up.

At 7/29/10 12:31 PM, NEVR wrote:
... I think I'll just count that as a vote for icon mods. Also, forum mods are more sexy than anything and that's a fact.

By the time he was moderated they didn't. Things are different now.

You called?

Nevermind. Actually, try to avoid Coop on that meet.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 08:05:54

24,000 medal points.Yowza that is a big bundle.or at least to me

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 08:08:31

Congratulations to: -

PabMo - 30,000 Medal Points
sushi13 - 5,000 Blams and Lieutenant
NEVR - 7.77 Base Voting Power
Aci6: - 11,000 Experience
36Holla - Level 35

At 8/1/10 06:10 AM, Auz wrote: Looks like Bahamut still hasn't won yet. Oh and by the way, did I forget to mention the voting is held under Belgian rules? Not voting is a one way ticket to Newgrounds prison >:(

Review mods, only just. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?!?!?!

At 7/31/10 04:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Barbarians are generally pretty ugly though...

:(

Don't worry, they're just feelings, no harm done >.>

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 09:20:19

The new Regulars List update is up but don't expect much.

Also, I had more drunkness fun last night.

Listening to:

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time. Album of the year 2010 for sure.

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, ThePigeonMaster wrote:
At 7/31/10 12:24 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote: So, what's the average lifetime of a pigeon?
From 2 to 3 years. But I'm immortal :P

Is that so? :P

You're already there. :)

At 7/31/10 07:45 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 7/30/10 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Lots of conversations.
Nothing new there then :P

Well, there's a lot to contribute to.

Trust me, missing two deposits will be a big deal later on your NG life.
Well having missed almost a month just after signing up for NG, 2 days is a bit of a drop in the ocean haha.

It won't be later on when you're heading face to face with other active depositers.

Actually, as long as Nostalgia Critic has troubles with Tommy Wiseau, I'll keep making fun of him and his movie, unless I get bored.
Well I couldn't think of any more quotes worth mentioning to take the piss out of Tommy Wiseau :P

Oh hi internets, I am Tommy Wishow.

At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I would have thought Rohan would take the lead considering he's a barbarian and how he'd have to keep himself in shape. :P
I've gotten lazy in the last year or so, can't quite wrestle those sabre-toothed tigers like I used to...

We're not going to take over General forum at this rate. :P

At 7/31/10 11:38 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, Bahamut wrote: Meh, Benny Hill is overused.
Not if the music is used in combination with an Immortal video. :P
Also by the time Benny Hill and Immortal got mixed, Benny Hill wasn't overused.

Alright, I admit, that was amusing. It wasn't too generic of a use of Benny Hill.

Yeah, has something to do with people in the north being so poor. In the south (ie Edinburgh and Glasgow) people are more wealthy, so they also own a car.

Well, I don't really care if that's true or not and I'm sure he's happy enough to have a car that gets from point A to point B. Hell, I'm amazed his car has lasted for so long.

But not if you have to get up early the next day.

Why not care about the evenings where you have nothing to do for the next day?

Yeah, they definitely played their part in Metal History.

They sure did and Dave Mustaine has had one hell of a ride in heavy metal.

Yes there was one. And it was really hard to miss. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIoY5Njm bc

Not even a Back to the Future reference could save that atrocity.

I almost hate to say it, but I think we again can agree on this.

What do you expect?

That's right! If they become icon mods, however, they will redeem themselves. Well, maybe not that much.

But I'm not aroused by dragons.

But you should at least think "Yeah, Bahamut is really good looking."

At 7/31/10 11:40 AM, reverend wrote:
At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: It sure is. My four alts will probably take two weeks to get to the top 700 but I care more about my main account's rank.
Two weeks, I figure it would be shorter than that since they are basically right behind me.

Actually, they're roughly 10 days behind you now. Yeah, I've missed quite a few deposits but I'm cool with it. I expect to miss two more next week when I go to the meet.

I agree Doop83 is a pretty good name certainly better than Poop83. I dunno, unless I find something that is outstanding I'll probably keep this one. :/

When I thought of Doop, I was thinking of Futurama's DOOP headquarters.

I'm still not seeing how that picture has anything to me being possibly a genie. Was you thinking about dragons with swords for dick and I just posted my piece around the same time?

It was actually around the same time, yeah. On Friday, I saw your picture and later that night, that guy drew a picture for me. It was one of the greatest days of my life! :D

At 7/31/10 04:32 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: Can we at least agree that I have more sex appeal than the other icon mods?
Yeah alright, if only to end the debate. ;P

Did we even debate in the first place? :o

Barbarians are generally pretty ugly though...

You would have thought they'd keep their bodies in shape.

lol, I've been a mod for just shy of 2 years now... time flies. Notice how since then the majority of Wi/Ht? has been modded. COINCIDENCE? Well, yeah probably.

I hate to start up a possible "Are icon mods real mods" debate but hopefully you count icon mods such as myself, ThePigeonMaster, Sir-Nuts and Fro as well.

At 8/1/10 12:17 AM, NEVR wrote: 7.77 base voting power. I know Bahamut will approve of teh 7ness ;P

Hell yes! I give you a personal congrats for this fine achievement.

At 8/1/10 05:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I will go to see Manowar with you - over my dead body. There, I did not say a word that looks remarkably like on, when reversed.

Nope, I'll take you to see Manowar whether you like it or not. :P

At 7/31/10 06:03 AM, Bahamut wrote: And now to hear it next week in person. I actually had a brief dream this morning where we were at the meet. We only had breakfast, though but if I slept longer, I'm sure more interesting things would have happened.
Breakfast at Travelodge. What a wonderful thought :P

Well, it wasn't Travelodge. It was just a random place where we were but you could say it was Travelodge if it makes you feel better.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-01 09:21:23

At 8/1/10 06:10 AM, Auz wrote: Sex Appeal Standings:

Icon Mods 2 - 2 Review Mods

Did I vote for icon mods yet? If not, add it now!

Looks like Bahamut still hasn't won yet. Oh and by the way, did I forget to mention the voting is held under Belgian rules? Not voting is a one way ticket to Newgrounds prison >:(

I've got nothing to worry about.

At 8/1/10 06:12 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/31/10 05:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'll take my chances.
Of course I could also... make sure you do not see Bahamut there.

Wait, why are you leaving me out of this?

At 8/1/10 06:45 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/31/10 06:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: I know I've won.
Just like the Americans won to England a couple of weeks ago? ;)

Nope, I know I've won this. There's no way the icon mods can lose. Then again, the majority of icon mods are kids... Actually, I don't have much expectations now.

I didn't get them nearly as often on Windows XP. I probably would've switched to XP if my laptop had Vista installed, but since it had 7 I wanted to give it a try. So far I'm happy with it.

I was thinking of downgrading to XP but then I thought, "I bet eventually there'll be some things that won't be compatible with XP." Turns out I was right since I heard the game Just Cause 2 won't run on XP and I'm sure more games will be like this in the near future.

Yes, dual core. Is that not good?

It's almost on par with mine. Mine is 2.40Ghz dual core.

I won't be opposing it. I know I had a discussion about it with gfox long ago as well, but since he hasn't shown up in months I'm not sure what it was all about anymore.

If you get Steam, you could talk to him there. Well, whenever he wants to show up, that is.

I'd rather stick to DVDs at the moment who cost half as much and still have the quality I'm used to.

Suit yourself. The only DVDs I'll get these days are those that aren't available on blu-ray.

I got a confession to make :(

I don't have Manowar tickets, but I was hoping you wouldn't pick my N64. I would want to take that thing with me into my grave. I'll make sure I'll have Manowar tickets when I'm gonna have that dragon tattoo set.

Can I trust you? I'll just take your N64 if you can't guarantee those Manowar tickets. Now I know if I went for the Manowar tickets, I'll only read a message saying "Hah, you get no Manowar tickets off me! -Auz"

Yes and?
It's cheap to call yourself someone who can disguise really well if you can shapeshift!

I don't care. I'm still actually a dragon but the human disguise helps me a lot. I can't have too much attention around here.

Yes those were the days. Although I think I've seen many people mentioning 2006 as the golden age.

2006 was still good but that's when I started to like General less.

Now he spends far too much time on his marriage.

Actually, too much time spent on TF2.

Lol, it'll be quite an achievement.

It sure will. I can't wait until I take on this ongoing FF challenge. I'll start this once I beat FFXIII.

Yeah I should probably do that as well, if I ever want to finish Final Fantasy Tactics.

Haha, I don't have Tactics. I know it was remade on the PSP but I never got one since I felt there weren't enough games to get on it.

I'm actually getting interested in seeing that movie now.

I am as well but after how Tommy Wiseau treated That Guy With the Glasses for reviewing his movie, I refuse to pay a single penny for it. Hopefully I can find someone riffing on it and watch it there.

Also did Luis meet that actor?

I guess he just came across him there. What I wonder is if Tommy Wiseau knew Luis beforehand.

Nope, it's too late. You've got to spend more time with your girlfriend and look forward to the future.
Nooooo I don't want to think about my career and having children yet. I'm still young, aren't I? :'(

Too bad, it's only a matter of time until you move on with your life.

Hey, last year I was willing to give up NG when I thought I was in love. Too bad it didn't work out in the end.
Yeah I heard. Too bad, but there are more dragons in the sea.

Like Gagsy. :P

At 7/31/10 06:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: I believe I ranted on that. If you have a read here, you'll find out how inconvenient I found it to be.
Very inconvenient. There were a few more thing indeed, but that was the one I had the biggest problem with.

They took half a year to fix the damn thing but a month or two later, they brought the new layout. I'm sure YouTube hates Opera users. No wait, they hate people in general.

The only thing I dislike is when people put up homemade covers, guitar hero runs and live version with poor quality. It gets more and more difficult finding a good, original version of the song that way.

Luckily, the better quality videos are usually at the top so you hardly need to worry about that. I've only had bad quality videos for music a few times.

Great idea! Maybe pour a little lounge in there and I think we got ourselves the ultimate metal mix.

Now we're getting somewhere! The next step will be working on the goddamn music!

Hardly anyone I'm guessing.

Still, it's strange that after all this talk about him, he still hasn't showed his face yet. I believe he used to drop in sometimes whenever there was a discussion about him and confirm he was still alive and well.

He might make the occasional posts but it hardly means much. We all miss his catch-ups and it's a damn shame he spends more time on TF2 than talking to us.

Yeah... I can hardly imagine what this topic will look like after he catches up.

One page will be nothing but replies and you won't see an achievement post in sight! Now that would be a dream come true in the LUL.

You called?
Nevermind. Actually, try to avoid Coop on that meet.

What is going on here? >:( It's like you and Coop have something against me.