00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amoongoos1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,622 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:34:31

nothing?

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:35:00

That is the stupidest thing I've heard in relation to this argument.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:44:35

At 12/21/06 06:39 PM, Kaabi wrote: First: It would be BORING without religion? I know thousands of kids who are religious who don't like their religion, like they don't like going to synagogue, Church, that kind of thing. The simple fact is, death would go away. I highly doubt that a large number of people would commit suicide just because they don't believe in God, it goes against our primal instinct.

As to the guy who said, "How did life begin" and how the world began; I don't know about the latter. Nobody does. I don't have all the answers. I'm just a 15 year old. As for life beginning, I do know that. Amino acids, which make up DNA, and other fundamental parts of life began naturally, as was proven by that guy's experiment, I forgot his name. He showed that amino acids could have formed naturally from the gases on the Earth, as well as the other things. So life is covered.

You talking about Stanley Miller?
Aminoacids turning into proteins? Proteins turning into organels? Organels turning into organs and organs turning into systems? Shit man! If you ever studied biochemic you'd find it amazingly hard to put the all of that together randomly. Plus, gases are required, so where did the gases came from? Why couldn't these gases be placed there by God? Because, ever since time exists, everything must have a source.

Now, back to my basic logic: You all believe in something because of a book that you have no idea if it's true or not. Basing your idea on that is just unlogical. However, if you want to follow the ideals and morals taught by it, and if you agree with them and think they are good, then that's okay. There are too many people in this world that say, "God says it, so I believe it." That's not how it works. The Bible could just be a fake, so don't base your ideas about abortion, homosexuality, and other things based on it. I know not all Christians think this way, but a good number too many do.

By using the word "Could be" I can see you are not quite an investigator, one can easily know wheter the bible is fake or not. You only need to take a look at history and bang!
Like, the entire developement in real and important places. Rome for example, the greatest empire in the epoch. How could people write about stuff that includes roman authorities, religions (jews), and people overall and people not noticing it? Do you think people would followed the christians if they knew none of that happened in front of their noses?

Personally, I believe stronger to witnesses who let themselves get killed to prove their testomony. The firsts christians got murdered for being christians, do you think they would allowed getting killed if they knew it was a lie? And im talking about the apostols? How did peter died? Crucified!

Now If you understand spanish I suggest you to read this because my explanation is poor, and I cant speak english very well. It tells you with logical arguments how trustworthy is bible.

Fuoco

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:47:09

At 12/21/06 06:56 PM, gothic-chic wrote: for all you who dont believe in God and think our creation was some mistake: think about this. if i took apart my watch and put all its contents into a plastic bag and shook it for years and years and years, do you think it will automatically be put together again? no. thats retarded. no matter how much i shake this bag, the watch will not come back into one piece.

Yeah man, it's like blowing a shitload of stones and, as they fall, they build the chineese wall. lol.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:47:36

At 12/21/06 07:35 PM, Kaabi wrote: That is the stupidest thing I've heard in relation to this argument.

you dont get it! i was saying, it(the world's creation) couldnt have been a mistake or happened in some cosmic big bang.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 19:54:48

At 12/21/06 07:47 PM, gothic-chic wrote:
At 12/21/06 07:35 PM, Kaabi wrote: That is the stupidest thing I've heard in relation to this argument.
you dont get it! i was saying, it(the world's creation) couldnt have been a mistake or happened in some cosmic big bang.

First, as the guy saying the Bible is real because the people died for it, that doesn't prove anything. It happened a long time ago and it could've all been fake. I don't think they died protecting the bible, I think they died following Jesus and his teachings. They didn't follow him cause he was a fucking Messiah or anything.

Also, I think all you people are forgetting something. You say that life couldn't have been an accidnent, it's too improbable. Let me tell you something. The universe is HUGE. FUCKING HUGE! There are millions of planets, billions maybe, with who knows how many that can support life. If life didn't start on Earth, it would have started somewhere else (could have). Also, the Earth has been around for six billion years. That is a fucking long time. I'm sure life started up and failed thousands of times before it finally worked out. And then, it took billions of years for evolution to take place. So you see, given the enormous amount of time, it is very possible for life to have started. Stop hiding behind your Bible.

Where the fuck are the other atheists?!?

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:16:03

THAT'S the stupidest explanation i've heard from you! where do you come up with this?!

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:27:10

At 12/21/06 07:54 PM, Kaabi wrote:
At 12/21/06 07:47 PM, gothic-chic wrote:
First, as the guy saying the Bible is real because the people died for it, that doesn't prove anything. It happened a long time ago and it could've all been fake. I don't think they died protecting the bible, I think they died following Jesus and his teachings. They didn't follow him cause he was a fucking Messiah or anything.

Man, what the shit? I never said they died protecting the bible, they obviously died for the gospel. Anyone with some knowledge in what happened around 0-300 a.c. knows that.

For a gospel to be trustworthy it needs to be authentic :
Jerusalem for example, it was destroyed in 70 a.c. No one, except the disciples could have described so well the historical, topographic and cultural details that has been confirmed by the successive archaeological findings and the studies from other authors from the epoch.

What does this tells us? The authors from the gospel were the disciples.

For a gospel to be trustworthy it must be complete :
We are on a privileged situation :) because from the very begining the Christians made numerous copies in Greek and Latin, for the liturgical cult and the reading/ meditation of those writings.
Thanks to it, the documentary testimonies of the New Testament are HUGE: in the present time they are known more than 6,000 Greek manuscripts; there are in addition about 40,000 manuscripts to ancient translations to diverse languages (Latin, copto, Armenian, etc.), that makesthe greek text trustworthy.

All this variety and extension of testimonies from the gospels constitute an incontrovertible historically proof. If we compared it, for example, with which we know great classic works, we would see that the older manuscripts are waay older than those works. For example: Virgilio (century V, about 500 years after its original writing), Horacio (century VIII, more than 900 later), Plato (century IX, about a 1400), Julio Caesar (century X, almost 1100), and Homero (century XI, of the order of 1900 later).

Nevertheless, there are papyruses of gospels dated in very near dates to its original writing (it is necessary to say that nowadays, thanks to the advances of the filological studies, they can be dated with high accuracy): the Alejandrino Codex, about 300 years later; the Vatican Codex and the Sinaítico, about 200; the papyrus Chester Beatty, between 125 and 150; the Bodmer, approximately 100; and the Rylands papyrus, finally, differs only with 25 or 30 years.

For a gospel to be trustworthy it must be veridic :
But I already told you about that. I easily believe most to those martirs.

Invencions? No, my friend, no one can possibly invent something like that. Ever.

Also, I think all you people are forgetting something. You say that life couldn't have been an accidnent, it's too improbable. Let me tell you something. The universe is HUGE. FUCKING HUGE! There are millions of planets, billions maybe, with who knows how many that can support life. If life didn't start on Earth, it would have started somewhere else (could have). Also, the Earth has been around for six billion years. That is a fucking long time. I'm sure life started up and failed thousands of times before it finally worked out. And then, it took billions of years for evolution to take place. So you see, given the enormous amount of time, it is very possible for life to have started. Stop hiding behind your Bible.

Still needs a begining.

Shit! You're 15?!

Wasting time?

Don't worry dude, as you grow up life will tell you a lot of things. You will discover God eventually :)

Hopefully..

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:27:28

Okay, imagine a die. But not just any die, one with a billion sides. Now, what are the odds of it landing on a 1? One in one billion. But if you roll the die six billion times...

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:41:42

At 12/21/06 08:27 PM, baconknight wrote: Okay, imagine a die. But not just any die, one with a billion sides. Now, what are the odds of it landing on a 1? One in one billion. But if you roll the die six billion times...

The issue is where does this dice and wherever it lands comes from.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:47:05

This looks really cool. I usually i get some shit from my religious friends but they just dont understand the mentality.

Its the internet. Quit bitching and get over yourself.

People I heart: Dropkicked, Mendou, Animetal, Jew193, Fremen

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:48:20

At 12/21/06 08:41 PM, Fuoco wrote: The issue is where does this dice and wherever it lands comes from.

It came from His Noodly Appendage.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 20:50:05

At 12/21/06 08:48 PM, baconknight wrote:
At 12/21/06 08:41 PM, Fuoco wrote: The issue is where does this dice and wherever it lands comes from.
It came from His Noodly Appendage.

k..

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 21:07:45

And, on an unrelated note, if there is a greater force, I don't think it could be kind or evil. Saying that a presence has human emotion is like saying the same about an animal.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-21 21:31:23

So, if there was a force, which I believe is a possibility, then it wouldn't be able to "have a son", or any shit like that. And what do the gospels being right on the topology have anything to do with them being right about Christ?

Also, I hate when people tell me I'll realize things when I'm older. I don't want to have kids, my parents say I will when I'm older, but I won't! I DO NOT WANT CHILDREN! The last thing this world needs is more procreating. The same goes for God. I'm not going to change my view. You think I haven't thought about this for a long time? There's no way I'm changing my opinion. I believe that I am right. Even if I wanted to change, I can't. I know too much.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-22 02:57:39

At 12/21/06 09:31 PM, Kaabi wrote: There's no way I'm changing my opinion. I believe that I am right. Even if I wanted to change, I can't. I know too much.

Indeed. That's why I think that it's more likely for a religious person to become an atheist than vise-versa.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-22 16:01:29

I think I already said this, but if there is a God, why would you want to pray to him? He lets people be born, and their lives are just suffering. How would you like it if your life consisted entirely of pain? Some people live like that, and if there was a just God, he would make sure every life was good. So, if there is a God, then he is definately a horrible God, and you should not pray to him. Just think about if you were one of those people whose life was entirely pain. Then you wouldn't be so defense of him.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-22 19:23:04

THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PRAY TO HIM IF THAT'S ALL THEY DID! I actually believe that could be what happened, God created the universe then did nothing. That makes the most sense, based on how our world works. If that is so, what's the fucking point of praying to him? You're so damn hypocritical.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-22 20:31:20

You're a dumbass... you said you're a Catholic. Catholic's believe in the whole Jesus thing. If all God did was create the universe, then he couldn't have done anything else. What's the point of praying to him? It's pointless. It's possible he created the universe, but you don't know, so just stop. It's moronic.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-22 23:23:05

hello i saw this and thought wow
so like her it is
god does exist but he does very little i believe that the big bang happened and that it formed earth but how was the combustian created to do that? chemicals don't just burst to flame with a heating element it needs combustion and according to the theory of the big bang thier was no solids just very loose and basic gasses which some one (supposed "GOD") had to make but other than that god has no other help in events in nature i am what some people call a scientific buhddist a person seeking enlightenment through science ponder this.

or flame it i'm wearing flame retardent undies

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 13:36:51

I'm single-minded when the argument I'm presented with is stupid and lame. In the thread "NG's Largest Debate", made in 2003, that guy had a good argument. He used a bunch of cool science to prove God existed. He temporarily made me believe in God. At least he had something good to say instead of you just using the stupid Bible.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 14:10:55

At 12/23/06 01:36 PM, Kaabi wrote: I'm single-minded when the argument I'm presented with is stupid and lame. In the thread "NG's Largest Debate", made in 2003, that guy had a good argument. He used a bunch of cool science to prove God existed. He temporarily made me believe in God. At least he had something good to say instead of you just using the stupid Bible.

Look, if your not going to fucking listen.

Why should he explain it to you.

I mean, you argue to change ideas, your not going to change your idea.

Thus it's null and void.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 16:24:37

You may not have quoted the Bible, but that's why you believe everything you do. It's all because of a fucking book you have absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, no idea is true. NO FUCKING IDEA. The idea of Jesus dying for our sins is so fucking stupid. I'm tired, I'm not posting anymore. I don't have to deal with you fucktards.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 16:32:02

yeah religion is pointless there is no proof of a god or anything religious so yeah....

[Insert Witty Comment Here]

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 16:46:36

At 12/23/06 04:24 PM, Kaabi wrote: You may not have quoted the Bible, but that's why you believe everything you do. It's all because of a fucking book you have absolutely, ABSOLUTELY, no idea is true. NO FUCKING IDEA. The idea of Jesus dying for our sins is so fucking stupid. I'm tired, I'm not posting anymore. I don't have to deal with you fucktards.

Thank god, it's a miracle.

Someone seems to have problems with other people believing what they want

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 19:19:31

why are Christians allowed to force their crap on us and when we try and tell them to shove it they fucking just wanna fuck with us more? and then when you just ignore them, they bug you till you explode and then when you do they are like "I told you so!" you can't reason with the western mind!!!

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 19:43:53

At 12/23/06 04:46 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote: Someone seems to have problems with other people believing what they want

And yet, as a professed theist, you continue to post in a club called "The Atheist Army".

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 21:26:03

At 12/23/06 07:43 PM, Peter-II wrote:
At 12/23/06 04:46 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
And yet, as a professed theist, you continue to post in a club called "The Atheist Army".

It's fun seeing people get mad because I believe in an almight.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-23 21:43:02

At 12/23/06 08:48 PM, XmasBurger wrote: I'll join. I have been baptized as Christian, but I don't believe it. I believe in science.

I said I wouldn't post again but I lied. It's nice to see some more atheists in here. That's right, put your faith in science! Sweet, sweet science.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-12-24 10:57:22

At 12/24/06 09:43 AM, MickTheChampion wrote: Awww, has the big logical atheist gone in a huff because the stupid "fucktard" Catholic has beaten him in debate countless times? Well, that's okay champ - you're right! Why should you be challenged?!?! You should be free to spout alot of intolerant crap about banning people from choosing their way of life, because you like My Chemical Romance! You don't have to take this! Hurroo for you!

The rest of your post was fine, but this is just a poorly veiled ad-hominem attack. You can do better than that.