00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CitrusTheNerd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,667 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-02-24 20:21:45

can i join? and please dont give me any "your too young to be an atheist, you need more time to think about your life" i know weather i have a religion or not

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-04 18:47:01

I'm an Atheist at heart but my parents take me to church every week I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!! I'd like to join if I can. I love the constant conundrums of the church such as: "all can be married, gays & lesbo's shouldn't marry", "God makes all, God only makes good things and is all good" *except (to name a few* Hilter, Mosulini, etc.) "Satan is the prince of darkness"

Then who the hell is the king?!?!

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-05 12:40:31

At 3/4/07 06:47 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote: I'm an Atheist at heart but my parents take me to church every week I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!

How old are you? if your so young that your parents take you everywhere then should you really be having phiosophical questions?

I'd like to join if I can. I love the constant conundrums of the church such as: "all can be married,

Really last i checked most churches seem to tow the Heterosexual couples should marry before engaging in sexual relations.

gays & lesbo's shouldn't marry",

Just get married by the state.

; "God makes all, God only makes good things and is all good"

Are you saying free will isn't a good thing?

*except (to name a few* Hilter, Mosulini, etc.) "Satan is the prince of darkness"

See Free will. Or would you rather have a Big Brother type of God controlling directly everything we do?

Then who the hell is the king?!?!

Why would you care? would you like to meet him or somthing?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-05 16:08:21

At 1/4/07 03:52 PM, baconknight wrote:
Another question. Do any atheists take offense from the "under god" in the pledge of allegiance? I honestly could care less.

I couln't care less about saying god in the pledge becuase face it it's a catholic country and there's nothing you can do about it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-05 16:17:21

At 3/5/07 12:40 PM, RedGlare wrote: How old are you? if your so young that your parents take you everywhere then should you really be having phiosophical questions?

I'm 13 ass face.

Really last i checked most churches seem to tow the Heterosexual couples should marry before engaging in sexual relations.

And the last time that actually happened was?

Ex: "Oh man, we can't get married now, *sigh* okay fine we'll drive 100 miles to the next Homosexual friendly state."

Mr. Slave voice

When the hell did I say that?

See Free will. Or would you rather have a Big Brother type of God controlling directly everything we do?

See who actually gives a crap. Free Will & getting massacred < No free will & stay alive

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-06 09:18:05

At 3/5/07 04:17 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote:
At 3/5/07 12:40 PM, RedGlare wrote:
I'm 13 ass face.

Yeah precisley, your thirteen, and you think you know better then somthing that has existed for the better part of 2 millenium. Most philosophers theologians, etc. make up there minds after years of questioning and researching. You've clearly done neither.

your just a little rebbelious teenager, fighting against mummy and daddy. while still relying on them at every opportunity.

And the last time that actually happened was?

Believe it or not arsehole that still happens. Or have you gone to every married couple in the world attached lie detectors to them and ask them if they where virgins before marriage?

Ex: "Oh man, we can't get married now, *sigh* okay fine we'll drive 100 miles to the next Homosexual friendly state."
Mr. Slave voice

Well that sounds like a national problem to me. In my country the nation state has made gay marriage legal so long as its done by a state registry or if the religion in question says they'll do it.

If your country hasn't then thats your problem not mine.

When the hell did I say that?

You said that God makes everything and then said this was stupid and gave examplesof bad things such as Hitler. This implies that you would rather be controlled by something bigger then yourself then have freewill.

See who actually gives a crap.

You must do, your whining about "evil mummy an daddy" an evil church"

Free Will & getting massacred < No free will & stay alive

So your rebbeling against the establishment yet say you would rather be controlled so long as "the evil goes away". I think your a little confused here kid.

Besides ever hear of Ying and Yang? good can't exist without the bad. besides bad experinces do give us experince and help us mature.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-06 16:39:53

At 3/6/07 09:18 AM, RedGlare wrote:

I don't want this to turn into a flame war so I'm just gunna laugh to myself at how piss we both got =).

I LIVE IN THE U.S.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-06 16:42:19

At 3/6/07 04:39 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote: I don't want this to turn into a flame war so I'm just gunna laugh to myself at how piss we both got =).

Pissed off, you know what I mean.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-06 17:34:16

As something of a militant aetheist or more importantly secularist myself, I could argue for hours and write pages on why each religion seems impossible to believe and downright silly.

But I can't be bothered so here's a bunch of arguments already written down;

www.godisimaginary.com

Go on, "mike the champion", logically overcome the arguments there. And please, don't try to bring me into your counter-argument, it'll just show a lack of independent thought and an evasion of the ridiculous anomolies found inside Christianity. If you are unable to defeat each one in turn, it can be argues that you are incapable of independent thought. Perhaps making you the "sheep."

To give you an idea of what I mean, here is an example;

"Oh my God, you're so x. How can you be so x. Aetheism is so x whereas Christianity is obviously x."

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-07 14:13:30

At 3/6/07 05:34 PM, RedZip wrote: www.godisimaginary.com

^The truth lives there^. Nice job to whoever made that site! Prayer is full of parc and that proves it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-08 08:01:54

At 3/7/07 02:13 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote:
At 3/6/07 05:34 PM, RedZip wrote: www.godisimaginary.com
^The truth lives there^. Nice job to whoever made that site! Prayer is full of parc and that proves it.

Yawn, funny how it glosses over the little fact that logic and scientific theory can and do point to the existence of a higher power.

And that you fail to see that the site fails in its aim which is to disprove the existence of God, but all of its arguements are based on "christianity is weird" way to prove the aitheist is the freethinking open minded and enlightened one.(sarcasm).

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-08 15:31:33

At 3/8/07 08:01 AM, RedGlare wrote: Yawn, funny how it glosses over the little fact that logic and scientific theory can and do point to the existence of a higher power.

And that you fail to see that the site fails in its aim which is to disprove the existence of God, but all of its arguements are based on "christianity is weird" way to prove the aitheist is the freethinking open minded and enlightened one.(sarcasm).

Why do you hate Atheists? I know you're going to respond saying something gay because you hate me or just all Atheists, but really you have no right to come here and BS up this thread. If your "100% catholic all the way!" then yippee for you, go proclaim it in the Ctholic crew *to lazy to find out if your a member or not* don't get all pissed off here because we think religion is stupid.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-08 18:07:01

At 3/8/07 03:31 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote:
At 3/8/07 08:01 AM, RedGlare wrote: Yawn, funny how it glosses over the little fact that logic and scientific theory can and do point to the existence of a higher power.

And that you fail to see that the site fails in its aim which is to disprove the existence of God, but all of its arguements are based on &quot;christianity is weird&quot; way to prove the aitheist is the freethinking open minded and enlightened one.(sarcasm).
Why do you hate Atheists?

I don't hate them, i just get tired off how the "militant atheist" and the "Teen rebel" atheist seem to have this misconception that they have proof there is no God. But all they seem to do is spout about how much they hate religions.

I know you're going to respond saying something gay

Yep way to prove your obvious intelectual supieriority over me.

because you hate me or just all Atheists,

First off how do i hate atheists? oh excuse me if giving an alternative view that you don't agree with constitutes hate.

but really you have no right to come here and BS up this thread. If your

BS? really no offence but i think you'll find that your the one resorting to personal insults and making plus it is true that there is no evidence that God does not exist. While ill admit i did not read the posters entire link, but what i did read was just about Christianity and why the author thinks its wierd.

Which is fine, my problem was that the web page was about disproving the notion of God, which it didn't do. Which no one has been able to do. And it also overlooked the scientific theories and logicaly arguements which are in favour of some kind of higher power.

&quot;100%catholic all the way!&quot;

Catholic? im not Catholic i have never been a Catholic nor will i ever be one. Thats Mickthechampion hes Catholic. Go complain to him about how your rebeling against "the evils of catholisim" i'm sure he'll won't mind.

If anything i'm not a member of any religion, im just a Theist. Though i lean towards Christianity because Jesus does have a number of things i agree with. So i guess non denominational (though thanks to Dre_man that'll probably change)

then yippee for you, go proclaim it in the Ctholic crew *to lazy to find out if your a member or not*

Then your obviously to lazy to keep an open mind. No wonder your crying about the mean "religious man" and how he doesn't want to join the "cool atheist rebels". Once again you seem to be favouring a Big Brother state so long as everyone agrees with you.

don't get all pissed off here because we think religion is stupid.

Then don't get all pissed because i think Atheism is stupid. Besides i thought i made it quite clear i have nothing against atheism if they would actually find Concrete proof that God does not exist and stop pretending that Darwin has done it for them.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-08 19:44:18

At 3/8/07 06:07 PM, RedGlare wrote: Besides i thought i made it quite clear i have nothing against atheism if they would actually find Concrete proof that God does not exist and stop pretending that Darwin has done it for them.

Atheism, whilst not being a religion, is still a belief (or non-belief, if you will) system. Athiests don't believe in a God. That doesn't mean Athiests have to disprove the existence of God, much in the same way that Christians don't have to prove the existence God. It's is nigh on impossible to scientifically prove God's existance, or lack there-of. All we have is a bunch of stories. Some people believe it, some people don't. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-09 15:41:29

At 3/8/07 07:44 PM, jarrydn wrote: Atheism, whilst not being a religion, is still a belief (or non-belief, if you will) system. Athiests don't believe in a God. That doesn't mean Athiests have to disprove the existence of God, much in the same way that Christians don't have to prove the existence God. It's is nigh on impossible to scientifically prove God's existance, or lack there-of. All we have is a bunch of stories. Some people believe it, some people don't. That's pretty much all there is to it.

^pretty much what I think^ I just don't like SOME Catholics, not every catholic. Here's my reason why: I go to a catholic school because there are no other schools around. When I pretend to be a catholic I'm more catholic then my friends who actually believe christ as being the savior. I'm not saying all Catholics, or any other religion for that matter, are like that, but I'm just saying that some Catholics just aren't really as Catholic as they say they are.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-09 15:44:24

At 3/8/07 06:07 PM, RedGlare wrote:

I thought I tried to stop this flamming before. I perfer peace, not flame.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-10 19:19:21

At 3/8/07 07:44 PM, jarrydn wrote:
Atheism, whilst not being a religion, is still a belief

That was the point i was working on.

(or non-belief, if you will)

nope,its a belief you can't non believe you have to believe something else. for it to not to be a belief it would require evidence that proves it beyond reasonable doubt.

system. Athiests don't believe in a God. That doesn't mean Athiests have to disprove the existence of God,

Actually you do if you wan't to make claims and be the all knowing scientific chap the majority of atheist posters claim they are. Don't believe me? well then check, every thread arguement or discussion about religion God or the afterlife or lack thereof is full of posts about "evolution and the big bang" now theres nothing wrong with that since i myself believe them.

The problem occurs when said person uses these to say that they are undenuable Proof that there is no God, to the point where they won't even acknowledge the obvious shortcomings of these arguements. And won't even acknowledge other view points (except creationism, seriously what the hell is that?)or listen to how someone can look at those arguements can logicly point to a higher form of power.

This is a problem for another reason, as it goes against the stereotye of the atheist being the smart tolearant accepting one, and the religous man being the biggoted narrow minded one.

much in the same way that Christians don't have to prove the existence God. It's is nigh on impossible to scientifically prove God's existance, or lack there-of.

True however since Religion was around before secular humanism and since its followers make the claims that God does not exist wich is techniquely an accusation, the weight of proof is on the accuser.

For example if i claimed you killed three people woth a hockey stick, i would have to prove that claim and get evidence. You would not be taken to court and forced to proof you didn't, i'd have to prove you did in a court of law. Thus taking the weight of proof off of the religous quite nicely.

All we have is a bunch of stories. Some people believe it, some people don't. That's pretty much all there is to it.

You don't know the half of it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-10 19:25:02

At 3/9/07 03:44 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote:
At 3/8/07 06:07 PM, RedGlare wrote:
I thought I tried to stop this flamming before. I perfer peace, not flame.

Well you thought wrong, first i'll think you'll find making personal attacks and dissmissing people as "Catholic zealots" is more akin to throwing petrol instead of water to flames.

Second its not flaming its debating. If you prefer peace then calling peole "assface" isn't the best way to go about it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-11 08:55:00

At 3/6/07 04:39 PM, green-day-fan1 wrote:
I don't want this to turn into a flame war so I'm just gunna laugh to myself at how piss we both got =).

That was what I meant by "I tied to stop this flame before," but I forgot to reread it and I forgot the apology part of this post, so here it is: I'm sorry if I hurt you in anyway, or offend you/your religion. If we could put this behind us I'd appreciate it.

How did I miss that?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-11 12:47:37

If believing in God because it hasn't been disproved is what keeps you going, go and take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flying_Spagh etti_Monster

Also, I'd like to hear about this scientific evidence that points to the existence of a higher power. I'm sceptical, but even if this is so, existence of a higher power does not in any way, shape, or form point to Christianity being right.

Because you see, for whatever reason this evidence points to the existence of a deity, there is far more evidence found in science that disproves many of Christianity's teachings. It's not the only religion, and it's not "normal" to be Christian. It's about time this was realised by the Christian majority of America.

Religions and prophets have come and gone since the dawn of humanity. Jesus was by no means the first man to "rise from the dead" having spent his life teaching a certain belief. Some, such as Christiany and Islam, have grown far beyond their competition, and it is these that many today still base their lives around. Which is not to say that they obey the word of the holy book they so vigilantly protect; I challenge any Christian to tell me truly that they have always turned the other cheek, and have never spilt a drop of semen or been jealous of their neighbour.

I am an atheist not because I was raised to be one, not because I am trying to make some rebelious statement, and not because I think it's cool. I am an aetheist because I can see so little evidence of any religion and so much evidence to the contrary. It's a simple, logical decision and one that I think any logical thinking person should also make.

It just means that you can live out your life, for all you can see the only one you will get, without fearing that each action you make is going to be judged and scrutinised by this all-loving creator who is somehow content to send the majority of his children to burn forever in hell.

gasps for breath.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-11 12:52:42

At 3/8/07 06:07 PM, RedGlare wrote: Then don't get all pissed because i think Atheism is stupid. Besides i thought i made it quite clear i have nothing against atheism if they would actually find Concrete proof that God does not exist and stop pretending that Darwin has done it for them.

In the above post, this is what I was referring to. FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER fool.
Also, I should damn well hope if concrete evidence against God was found you'd have nothing against atheism, if you did you really would be stupid, eh?

Not that I'm implying you're not or anything.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-11 12:55:06

One more thing.

RedGlare, you have Commuinism splashed all over your profile. Would it surprise you to know that Communism includes a strict policiy of atheism?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-15 15:49:17

At 3/11/07 12:55 PM, RedZip wrote: One more thing.

RedGlare, you have Commuinism splashed all over your profile. Would it surprise you to know that Communism includes a strict policiy of atheism?

Nice one, man.

Burned...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-15 21:25:27

At 3/11/07 12:47 PM, RedZip wrote:
Also, I'd like to hear about this scientific evidence that points to the existence of a higher power.

The Cosmological arguement? or howabout its inpossible for life and matter to just exit without somthing before it. Therefore logcaly there must of been somthing outsude of our plain of existence which started of the chain, since everything had to have a smaller more basic stage before it.

I'm sceptical, but even if this is so, existence of a higher power does not in any way, shape, or form point to Christianity being right.

I never said it did. I said i follow Jesus teachings because in my opinion its proberbly the most flexible and open minded moral guideline we have.

Because you see, for whatever reason this evidence points to the existence of a deity, there is far more evidence found in science that disproves many of Christianity's teachings.

What you mean, be peacefull, look after the poor, and treat everyone regardless of differences as if they where your brother. Because thats Christianities teachings.

It's not the only religion, and it's not "normal" to be Christian.

Where did i say it was?

It's about time this was realised by the Christian majority of America.

I'm not American, if anything i dislike indoctrination just as much as mindless rebellion.
thats twice on this page ive seen people blame religion for your american national issues.

Religions and prophets have come and gone since the dawn of humanity. Jesus was by no means the first man to "rise from the dead" having spent his life teaching a certain belief.

Have you never heard "don't judge a book by its cover" are you so ingraitiated by the stories that you don't even bother to look at its message?

Some, such as Christiany and Islam, have grown far beyond their competition, and it is these that many today still base their lives around. Which is not to say that they obey the word of the holy book they so vigilantly protect;

Say what?

I challenge any Christian to tell me truly that they have always turned the other cheek, and have never spilt a drop of semen or been jealous of their neighbour.

Not every Christian believes all of that to be a sin or "evil"

I am an atheist not because I was raised to be one,

So you claim to hate those who mindless follow doctrine, yet admit you yourself where indoctrinated? i was not raised a Christian nor did i rebel i came to the conclusion off a higher power after years of thought, then joined Christianity because of Jesus teachings which i agree with mostly.

not because I am trying to make some rebelious statement,

So? that just means your like the religous bible belt of america you claim to be delusional, you where indoctrinated into atheism the same way most experience religion.

and not because I think it's cool.

Doesn't matter what you think your upbringing made sure of that.

I am an aetheist because I can see so little evidence of any religion

No you said you were brought up an Atheist so you have an atheist point of View which equals indoctrination.

and so much evidence to the contrary.

Member there is but theres a difference between a religion and GOD. an Atheist doesn't believe in God but you seem to base your arguements on religion.

It's a simple, logical decision

No its called indoctrination. Its not Logical atall to go "religion is wrong therefore Goddoes not exist " for it to be a logical decision you would hae to base it on evidence or atleast a theory which goes directly aganst the God entity not Religion.

and one that I think any logical thinking person should also make.

Well this is a perfect example of your a mirror image of what you hate most. "everyone should think like me because i says so" That somes up the one hundred percent in doctrinated mindset, be it religious, atheist or ideaological.

Also for every logical person to make that conclusion which factored in every view point on each scenario it would have to be backed up with a vast amount of clear precise imperical evidence.

It just means that you can live out your life, for all you can see the only one you will get, without fearing that each action you make is going to be judged and scrutinised by this all-loving creator who is somehow content to send the majority of his children to burn forever in hell.

Oooh really enlightened there, yep you sir have convinced me your not as narrowminded as the rest of us.

At 3/11/07 12:55 PM, RedZip wrote: One more thing.

RedGlare, you have Commuinism splashed all over your profile.

Technicaly its Soviet insignia. I like the Hammer and Sickle, And have done for years before i even bothered forming my political opinnions.

Would it surprise you to know that Communism includes a strict policiy of atheism?

Wrong.
Its true Traditional Marxism saw religion as part of the Hegemonic pillar of the Beurgiosie (never could spell that) and that it kept the masses content with a hope of a better afterlife. "It is easier to thread a camel through an eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter heaven" is the qoute used to justify this.

However i look at it another way. If a rich man can't get into Heaven then that must mean it is a sin to be rich(or atleast hoard your riches when theres poor and suffering) so therefore the rich are evil. Now thats an oversimplification but if you look at the new testament there are many examples of Jesus in particular taking this line of thought. For example (i forget the passage title) however their was a time when various rich men donated large sums of money to charity.

Then an old poor woman donates 2 copper coins, the rich sneer but Jesus was humbled saying that the old woman had given more up to help those even less fortunate then herself then the rich men. Or words to that effect. Of course he mean't proportionatly not physically, which is a very similar line of thinking to the Socialist "to each according to his need, to each according to his ability to pay". (give what you can,take what you need)

plus traditionalist Marxism is just one form of Marxism which is just a form of Socialism. By trying to discredit me by saying i folllow somthing i hate you have just shown your own ignorance of the diversity of the left wing.

Besides overall Belief in a God is perfectly execptable with the Socialist Goal of equality Between mankind.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-03-15 21:29:55

At 3/15/07 09:25 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 3/11/07 12:47 PM, RedZip wrote:
Also, I'd like to hear about this scientific evidence that points to the existence of a higher power.
The Cosmological arguement? or howabout its inpossible for life and matter to just exit without somthing before it. Therefore logcaly there must of been somthing outsude of our plain of existence which started of the chain, since everything had to have a smaller more basic stage before it.

Hmmm pretty poor spelling lets fix it up.
The Cosmological arguement? or howabout its impossible for life and matter to just exist without somthing on a lower level to come before it. Therefore logicaly there must of been somthing outside of our plain of existence which started of the chain, ofcreation since everything had to have a smaller more basic stage before it.

Basicaly its evolution in reverse.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-04-15 23:21:37

With advances in science, namely the internet, to spread factual information, and for scientists to share findings in academia, namely biologlical information. What will be the impact be on religion in 30 years. or even 5 years? Korea still studies genetics, such as stem cell research. With new cures comming out, and perhaps studying "demon possesions" as being a symptom of having bad nurons (that perhaps haven form properly, due to having a bad draw in the "Genetics lottery". Will the church lose more of it's already changing flock?

With Mormonism, the religion I joined. no Semetic gene markers could be found in any of the aborginal people's DNA. NONE. However, there are slight traces of Mongolid DNA in aborginal populations. This has a very strong impact on Mormons who were considering to quit! That the scentific evidence disproves their religion's claims! (that the Aborginals of Pre Columbian America were decendants of Isrealites).

There is also archelogical evidence that also disproves many Mormon claims!

So with Europe leading the way with science, which would increase the human life expectancy for many countries, will the next 10 years (since Science is evolving), disprove superstition? Especially in 3rd world countries that are recovering from war, or economic troubles or corruption, and their standard of living goes up. And they can afford more resources like the internet. More will become enlightened of course, but please describe?

The Catholic church for example is suffering from shrinking masses, who leave because of emotional traumas, sexual abuse, churches were closed, but they tend to stay alive in economically disadvantaged places. Like Africa or Asia. But with more people more preoocupied and have access to contradicting information, as these places grow more ecnomically stable. Will this be one of the nails in the coffin of Christianity?

I think with more cures and reasonable explinations why children may get sick, and thus cured, people would rely less on faith based healing. esepcially once we master DNA, and can begin to rewire our heads. Instead of relying on Fung Shui. or explaining that accupuncture is not about water Chi, and fire Chi and other silly Chi, but just nureal pathways blocked with toxins, or stress, or something, thus blocking a certain signal.

Or instead of praying to the clouds for rain, use engineering to pipe water from water sources or something. Like lots of money used to donate to churches, could be used on engineering projects that could bring clean water for people in war torn Africa or somewhere. or Leperosy medication, so we can contain this disease, instead of treating infected people as dirty sinners.

I'm very excited for the next 10 years. Maybe life expectancy will jump to 90! compared to 45 in the early 1907?

At 4/22/09 12:38 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Raped by hongkong. NEXT.

Yeah, that was one champion of a post, wasn't it? -Zerok

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-04-18 15:35:57

At 4/15/07 11:21 PM, hongkongexpress wrote: With advances in science, namely the internet, to spread factual information, and for scientists to share findings in academia, namely biologlical information. What will be the impact be on religion in 30 years. or even 5 years? Korea still studies genetics,

So do most countries.

such as stem cell research. With new cures comming out, and perhaps studying
"demon possesions"

Demon posseions? what studies are these Koreans up to?

as being a symptom of having bad nurons (that perhaps haven form properly, due to having a bad draw in the "Genetics lottery".

Oh so stress isn't a factor then? or depression? or i need for attention? or severe post trauma? Or chemical posioning?

Will the church lose more of it's already changing flock?

I'll think you'll find the number of religions is on the rise sonny.

With Mormonism, the religion I joined. no Semetic gene markers could be found in any of the aborginal people's DNA. NONE. However, there are slight traces of Mongolid DNA in aborginal populations. This has a very strong impact on Mormons who were considering to quit! That the scentific evidence disproves their religion's claims! (that the Aborginals of Pre Columbian America were decendants of Isrealites).

You know geneticly every man is related to one African man and all women are related to same African women, The geneticists who discovered this named the gene Adam and Gene Eve.

So techniquely the Native american population did emigrate. But from Russia not Israel.

There is also archelogical evidence that also disproves many Mormon claims!

Mormons aren't the only religion out there you know.

So with Europe leading the way with science, which would increase the human life expectancy for many countries,

Which is a badthing and will lead to a higher retirement age and overcrowding.

will the next 10 years (since Science is evolving), disprove superstition?

No idiot it never will. In my country its considered goodluck on a journey to say "good day magpie" when seeing one tc. There part of customs etc.

Especially in 3rd world countries that are recovering from war, or economic troubles or corruption, and their standard of living goes up.

Not with third world debt,corrupt Dictatorships, unfair trade laws and corporate greed they won't.

And they can afford more resources like the internet. More will become enlightened of course, but please describe?

How about you please describe where you got these piss poor ideas from?

The Catholic church for example is suffering from shrinking masses, who leave because of emotional traumas, sexual abuse,

How many cases of sexual abuse by priests are there out of what is 500 million Catholics?

churches were closed, but they tend to stay alive in economically disadvantaged places. Like Africa or Asia.

What are you moronic? the capitol of Catholicism is Western Europe and the Med.

But with more people more preoocupied and have access to contradicting information,
as these places grow more ecnomically stable.

The worlds getting poorer not richer.

Will this be one of the nails in the coffin of Christianity?

Coffin? what Coffin? Christianity is one of the worlds biggest most practicised religions and still going strong. So me information that contradicts the concept of "God" show me these economicly stable third world country that are leaving the church to go to and science lecture.

I think with more cures and reasonable explinations why children may get sick, and thus cured, people would rely less on faith based healing.

Who relies on faith based healing? this isn't A.D 1357.

epcially once we master DNA,

Such reserch regarding the human genome is banned.

and an begin to rewire our heads.

So your saying yourfavouring physical brainwashing? idiot.

Instead of relying on Fung Shui.

Fung Shei is a post modern furniture fad.

::

Or instead of praying to the clouds for rain, use engineering to pipe water from water sources or something.

Are you seriously suggesting that Prayer is preventing and end to drought?

Like lots of money used to donate to churches, could be used on engineering projects that could bring clean water for people in war torn Africa or somewhere.

Church donates vast sums of money to the Third world. Ever hear of Christian Aid week or CAFOD, Or the Salvation Army? Or Hospices they were started by Christians,

or Leperosy medication, so we can contain this disease, instead of treating infected people as dirty sinners.

Leoprosy was never seen as a sin it was seen as contagious so they where quarantined. Often the only people to visit plaque victims where Monks or Clergy.

I'm very excited for the next 10 years. Maybe life expectancy will jump to 90! compared to 45 in the early 1907?

Which is unbeliveably bad, i mean how can you not see the negative of such thing?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-04-18 17:40:26

While I don't agree with your method of persuasion, Red, I do concede to your logical analysis. Religion really isn't going anywhere. Numbers may fluctuate, but, on average, they should remain the same. Science can't prove or disprove religion based on faith. Creationism and geo-centric theory, those are parts of a religion that claims to be based on science. Lots of Christians believe in evolution and I don't know too many people on the fucking planet that think the solar system revolves around it. The point I'm making is this: Just because science finds things that contradict some of the things in religion, doesn't mean religion is going away. Most people that are religious are religious because of the teachings of their religion. Religion can offer good things to those that want them. I'm an atheist. I believe that people should come to their own conclusions when it comes to religion. That's what I did. I was raised as a Baptist, but after some study on my own, I decided that religion wasn't for me and I concluded that there is no god. Just because I think that doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks that. And I wouldn't want them to. I fucking hate joiners. They see where most of the people go, so they follow, never once analyzing the issues and consequences surrounding their actions. It is wholly naive to think that religion will be wiped out completely, especially within the next few decades.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-08 15:57:04

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've last come here. Check out what the Wikipedia article of the day is! Link to main page

Myspace

FaceBook

CastleVania Character Quiz! I scored as Soma. PM me your results if you wish!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-06-08 20:05:13

do you athiests belive in anything? The whole idea of an athiest army just reaks of arrogance. Your no better than the synidcate scum that terrorizes newgrounds.