00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

773,627 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 14:06:58

At 3/4/10 12:59 PM, Seamonky wrote: I'll try. All I've been doing on Newgrounds is review modding for a little, sometimes post every now and then, and get my experience points. Time is limited.

I'm no stranger to that situation. My own activity was pretty low for a while over the past few months, but I've managed to find the time to get back to NG a little bit. It was kinda hit and miss for a while, though ;P

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 01:21:33

Yeah wish I could say hit and miss for me. But it has been much worse really. I know it's been like really long since I last posted here or anywhere really for that matter on NG. But like Seamonky was saying times are tough and life is hard and time is limited. But things are becoming more relaxed are my neck of the woods so should be able to be active around here again.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 02:31:32

Haven't been able to post much over the past week because there's not all that much to post in. At least not when I'm online anyway... I bet that as soon as I'm off NG the forums start buzzing with humour and wit.

But more likely something else that rhymes with wit.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 05:57:38

Coop's level icon is the best.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 07:47:50

At 3/17/10 05:57 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Coop's level icon is the best.

Haha. Pot o' gold!

Happy St.Patricks day all!

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 07:53:15

Life, I fackin' luv ya...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 09:26:33

I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.

I'll need to watch some Father Ted later on to celebrate this day.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-17 09:28:24

At 3/4/10 10:24 AM, Nev wrote:
At 3/4/10 10:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.
TV.

It just takes some getting used to. 2 games a week for about 4-5 weeks was what I needed and now I know pretty much where it's going to go ;)

How do you think the cameramen feel? :P
I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.

Nah, it's an art just following the puck sometimes, while being ready to zoom in on a fight or hit at any moment.

That, I'll say, was great. As the only team sport I watch often is football you hear loads of Premiership commentators moaning about how in Europe all the refs are too hard on fouls. Whilst in hockey you've got people pointlessly ramming the opposition into a fucking wall.

There is a reason to it - getting them off the puck, letting them know you're there, trying to start a fight are all legitimate reasons. Attempting to injure a player is not legitimate, so pay attention (This means you too, Alex Ovechkin!)

At 3/4/10 01:07 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Do they have much hockey in Europe? I know there's a Euro League of some sort right?

Not as much as in North America. Russian league, Swedish, Finnish, German leagues all get good attendance, but the ELITE League in the UK has so far failed to take off. Telford is still quite a drive away for me, so I can't see the tigers play.

Nah, gfoxcook's Leprechaun takes some beating. As does the staff's magical Irish whimsy fella.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-18 00:17:48

At 3/17/10 09:26 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.

If I'd deposited every day since I signed up then I'd have one too. But I haven't been dedicated enough.

Finished watching Father Ted on 4od in January, and however much I like it, I don't think I'm quite ready to watch it all the way through again.

Since it's technically still St. Patrick's day in EST, hope all you five-hours-behind-me guys had / are having a goodun.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-18 11:26:36

At 3/18/10 12:17 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/17/10 09:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: I too have a pot of gold. This is my reward for being dedicated to this site for so long.
If I'd deposited every day since I signed up then I'd have one too. But I haven't been dedicated enough.

Better luck in 2012 when you'll get the pot of the gold for that St. Patrick's Day. Well, that's if they decide to give us those special icons next time. I'd love to see them again next year.

Finished watching Father Ted on 4od in January, and however much I like it, I don't think I'm quite ready to watch it all the way through again.

I watched one episode on YouTube but damn, too many video ads. There were three before the video even started and then two more half-way (one of them was that irritating Go Compare advert). The other day when I was watching a video of Father Ted on YouTube, there was only one ad before the video which was fair. Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-20 21:29:01

Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-20 23:44:13

At 3/20/10 09:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.

I think it always quiets down a little bit this time of year. Must be something to do with colleges getting near mid-term season and high schools are in the thick of school work after President's week vacations and before spring breaks start to happen.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 00:56:52

At 3/18/10 11:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.

Dude.

^_^

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 10:46:50

At 3/20/10 11:44 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 3/20/10 09:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Seems as though shit has been hitting the fan all around the BBS. No one seems interested anymore.
I think it always quiets down a little bit this time of year. Must be something to do with colleges getting near mid-term season and high schools are in the thick of school work after President's week vacations and before spring breaks start to happen.

On top of all of that stuff the weather is extremely nice outside. People move away from the computer and tend to go outside. I know that the Winter is when I'm on the computer the most and in this weather I'll start to barely get on.

I'm going to a concert tonight. (Breaking Benjamin, 1000 Foot Krutch, 10 Years, and Red) I know there isn't anyone amazing there, but their all metal or rock so I'm sure that I'll have fun nonetheless. Like the last couple of concerts I went to I'll post a couple of pictures up from the concert.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 11:34:00

At 3/21/10 12:56 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/18/10 11:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: Next time, I'll watch it on Virgin Media TV or try and borrow the DVDs off my sister.
Dude.

^_^

I'm afraid watching it on there is just as bad as on YouTube. Thanks for bringing it up to me, though. DVD and Virgin Media TV (yeah, that sounds silly considering the problems I've had with them) are still the better options for me.

At 3/21/10 10:46 AM, Fro wrote: I'm going to a concert tonight. (Breaking Benjamin, 1000 Foot Krutch, 10 Years, and Red)

Not interested in any of those bands but be sure to enjoy it. :) As for me, just 2 weeks until I see Opeth for their 20th anniversary tour and I can't fucking wait. However, there's been talks on train strikes during Easter and this will affect us. I sure hope everything will be fine, though as I really want to hear Blackwater Park in its entirety.

Me and my sister have had thoughts on seeing other bands this year. Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and Motörhead come to mind as they'll all be playing in the UK sometime in 2010.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 13:30:49

Wow Mut!!

You're going to Maiden's show??
I wanna go too, but I don't have enough years and Iron will never come to Brazil at 2015...

AWWWW...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 14:04:19

At 3/21/10 01:30 PM, RogerBK wrote: You're going to Maiden's show??

Didn't say we are definitely going but we're thinking about it. We just have to hear the other venues they'll play in the UK as the only one so far is a festival near my dad's birthday. I'm sure there'll be more UK shows for their upcoming tour as it's their country.

We did see Maiden in 2008 for their Somewhere Back in Time World Tour and that was awesome! It was the greatest opportunity to hear all their classics in one show.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 14:09:09

Man, I would really LOVE to go on Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Original G'NR show... The best bands ever were back at 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's...

The best bands that still play are Ozzy, Dio, Maiden, The Killers and Stones...

Ahhhhh, good ol' times, too bad i didn't live in those years...

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 15:11:13

At 3/21/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm afraid watching it on there is just as bad as on YouTube.

If you mean in terms of quality, then its really not. 4od is good quality. It's not dvd standard but its pretty much your average quality that you'd getting watching tv as normal.

In terms of buffering and stuff then its up to your connection.

The only problem with 4od is the adverts to have to watch at the start. I'm impatient and don't want to have to wait a minute to watch my tacky Dawn Porter documentaries :P. But hey-ho, Channel 4 isn't the BBC.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 18:47:14

I went to see Maiden yeaaars ago. It was an incredibly epic show, and you gotta admire them; if I could rock as hard as they do when I'm 50, I'll be a happy guy.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 19:39:32

At 3/21/10 06:47 PM, NEVR wrote: I went to see Maiden yeaaars ago. It was an incredibly epic show, and you gotta admire them; if I could rock as hard as they do when I'm 50, I'll be a happy guy.

Bruce is apparently a really boring bastard. Someone got into a conversation with him and all he did was ramble on about trains and planes.

Yep, the father of Metal is a trainspotter.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-21 20:37:45

I'd give everything I have to go to a Zeppelin's show, just imagine the emotion of someone that went to their last show evar...

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-22 10:38:01

At 3/21/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Not interested in any of those bands but be sure to enjoy it. :)

I did enjoy it like usual and like usual I disliked all bands. Concerts are really more then just the music anyway.

As for me, just 2 weeks until I see Opeth for their 20th anniversary tour and I can't fucking wait. However, there's been talks on train strikes during Easter and this will affect us. I sure hope everything will be fine, though as I really want to hear Blackwater Park in its entirety.

That's sweet. Make sure to tell us about it after it happens man.

Me and my sister have had thoughts on seeing other bands this year. Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and Motörhead come to mind as they'll all be playing in the UK sometime in 2010.

Yeah, I would go to everyone possible. It's all about timing and location here for me. A little about price as well, but tickets are never really awfully priced.

Sadly I forgot to bring my camera to this concert so I didn't get any pictures. I did get some video with my phone, but it makes us look like we are 200 yards away when in reality we were only 20 yards away. The sound didn't pick up as well because it was so loud. It's not worth showing anyone. One of my friends did bring a camera though so I'll see if she got any good pictures.

Anyway, here are a list of events. I posted this in the LUL as well.

Events (Least favorite to most favorite)

1) 10 year - They were mediocre at best and for some reason the performed longer then everyone else did. They were really the worst part of the concert as a whole.

2) Not getting to college until this morning, getting a couple of hours of sleep, and then going to class all day. Pretty self explanatory, but still more enjoyable then 10 year.

3) The bathroom experience from the Cheese Steak I had this morning before class.

4) Being deaf from the heavy metal songs.

5) The Cheese steak that I had. It was pretty awesome!

6) The heavy metal songs!

7) 1,000 Foot Krutch. They played pretty good all around and were a good opening show for the concert.

8) Someone tore off their artificial leg and rocked out with it. Amazing spectacle.

9) Red. I had never heard of this band before last night. They were actually pretty good. Their music was alright, but their visuals were amazing. I never saw someone do a flip while flipping the guitar around their body and still continue to play fine.

10) Breaking Benjamin. They lived up to their hype last night and they performed well for their home town.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-22 10:59:27

At 3/21/10 02:09 PM, RogerBK wrote: Ahhhhh, good ol' times, too bad i didn't live in those years...

Yeah, it disappoints me that I'll never get an opportunity to see those legendary bands live either. However, I have to take Maiden for granted.

At 3/21/10 03:11 PM, Nev wrote: The only problem with 4od is the adverts to have to watch at the start.

That's why I'm complaining about them. I could live with one at the start (as well as the 4od intro) as other sites I go to do that. Some even let you skip the ad if you click on them which is a fair deal. YouTube and 4od on the other hand, unskippable even if you click them. It's worse when they showed me irritating adverts such as Go Compare. :(

At 3/21/10 06:47 PM, NEVR wrote: I went to see Maiden yeaaars ago. It was an incredibly epic show, and you gotta admire them; if I could rock as hard as they do when I'm 50, I'll be a happy guy.

I remember you talking about seeing them ages ago.

At 3/21/10 07:39 PM, Nev wrote: Bruce is apparently a really boring bastard. Someone got into a conversation with him and all he did was ramble on about trains and planes.

And Wade Fulp talks a lot about knives and flashlights. It's just a matter of extra interests they have and I can understand Bruce since he's a pilot as well as a singer.

At 3/22/10 10:38 AM, Fro wrote:
At 3/21/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: As for me, just 2 weeks until I see Opeth for their 20th anniversary tour and I can't fucking wait. However, there's been talks on train strikes during Easter and this will affect us. I sure hope everything will be fine, though as I really want to hear Blackwater Park in its entirety.
That's sweet. Make sure to tell us about it after it happens man.

Of course I will. I'll make a news post about the concert. Easter means jack shit to me this year since I have an awesome band like Opeth to see the following day. I'm still waiting to hear about whether our train journeys will be affected by the strikes. The sooner we know the sooner we can make alternative arrangements if necessary.

Yeah, I would go to everyone possible. It's all about timing and location here for me. A little about price as well, but tickets are never really awfully priced.

Tickets for some places are rather expensive. Opeth is £40 each for me, my sister and her fiance. Motörhead's shows have been advertised for half of that, though. If I am to see Motörhead, I better get all their albums first. :P

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-22 12:00:42

At 3/22/10 10:59 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's why I'm complaining about them.

Still, I don't think you should write off a service just for that reason. It's annoying, yes. But for a free catalogue of TV, its not really a bad deal. Especially since we're not paying for Channel 4 like we are the BBCs stuff.

Tickets for some places are rather expensive. Opeth is £40 each for me, my sister and her fiance.

£40? Jeeesus. I've never payed more than £20 to see Opeth I don't think, and I've seen them enough times. This is actually the first Opeth show I'm missing since 2006.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-23 12:04:14

At 3/22/10 12:00 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/22/10 10:59 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's why I'm complaining about them.
Still, I don't think you should write off a service just for that reason.

Well I will, simply because of the better alternatives I have.

Tickets for some places are rather expensive. Opeth is £40 each for me, my sister and her fiance.
£40? Jeeesus. I've never payed more than £20 to see Opeth I don't think, and I've seen them enough times. This is actually the first Opeth show I'm missing since 2006.

To be fair, we are very close to the front so the view will be much better than at Maiden where we were far away from the stage.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-25 07:47:24

Kayak Tragedy

The day after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident in the Bay Of Fundy, Nova Scotia, a man answered his door to find two grim-faced Mounties. "We know it's late, sir, but we have some information about your wife," said one of the Mounties.

"Tell me! Did you find her!?" the husband shouted.

The Mounties looked at each other. One said, "We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news. Which do you want to hear first?"

Fearing the worst, the ashen husband said "Give me the bad news first."

The second Mountie said, "I'm sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife's body in the bay."

"Oh my God!" exclaimed the husband.

Swallowing hard, he asked, "What's the good news?"

The Mountie continued, "When we pulled her up, she had 6 twenty-five pound snow crabs and 12 good-size lobsters clinging to her."

Stunned, the husband demanded, "If that's the good news, what's the great news???"

The Mountie answered, "We're gonna pull her up again tomorrow."

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-04-01 03:07:29

At 3/25/10 07:47 AM, Coop83 wrote: The Mountie answered, "We're gonna pull her up again tomorrow."%u2248%u2248%u2248

Damn that's funny in a twisted sort of way. But hell they are using what ever they can to catch those crabs lol.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-04-01 04:14:09

I don't know if I like all this today.. kinda boring but it's whatever I guess..

Well, how's everyone been doing?

Just dandy here. <3

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-04-01 05:45:26

At 4/1/10 04:14 AM, Lotus wrote: I don't know if I like all this today.. kinda boring but it's whatever I guess..

Well, how's everyone been doing?
Just dandy here. <3%u2248%u2248%u2248

At least we can post this April Fool's haha :P