00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MonkDrunkey76 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

779,253 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-16 17:23:47

Isn't it common knowledge that corporations and companies are the reason that poor countries are poor and why rich countries are rich? I mean, a corporation goes and forces another country into a loan that they know will make them go into debt.

If the other country doesn't agree then we send in spies and hitman to try and kill them so we can elect a new leader in that country who will play along. If the hitman don't get to him then America sends in the army and calls them terrorists.

Ah, the things you learn in college level Geography class.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-17 06:41:49

At 2/16/10 01:08 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Edited for some justice.

Seriously I could go on for hours.

Of course we could - we've not even touched on Electronics or communications there.

Does Donald Trump count?
At 2/16/10 05:23 PM, Fro wrote: If the other country doesn't agree then we send in spies and hitman to try and kill them so we can elect a new leader in that country who will play along. If the hitman don't get to him then America sends in the army and calls them terrorists.

Or we send in the army and some of our allies under claims that they've got Weapons of Mass Destruction :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-17 12:34:35

At 2/17/10 06:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Of course we could - we've not even touched on Electronics or communications there.

Does Donald Trump count?

I think just his hairpiece would qualify.

At 2/16/10 05:23 PM, Fro wrote: If the other country doesn't agree then we send in spies and hitman to try and kill them so we can elect a new leader in that country who will play along. If the hitman don't get to him then America sends in the army and calls them terrorists.
Or we send in the army and some of our allies under claims that they've got Weapons of Mass Destruction :P

Yea, usually the CIA is much more effective at getting rid of the threats without having to send in the whole military. Saddam was clearly a hard man to kill.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-17 18:04:11

At 2/17/10 12:34 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: At 2/17/10 06:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Yea, usually the CIA is much more effective at getting rid of the threats without having to send in the whole military. Saddam was clearly a hard man to kill.

No better way of living your life than the "If you don't agree with me then I'll hunt you down until I find you, get you to lie and do something or kill you" attitude! I mean, we all know that the other great societies did it like Rome and it never failed them. :P

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-17 18:09:43

At 2/17/10 06:04 PM, Fro wrote:
we all know that the other great societies did it like Rome and it never failed them. :P

BARRRBAAARRRIAAANSSSS!!!!

Anyone else kind of see terrorists as the new age barbarians?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-18 12:30:31

At 2/17/10 06:09 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 2/17/10 06:04 PM, Fro wrote:
we all know that the other great societies did it like Rome and it never failed them. :P
BARRRBAAARRRIAAANSSSS!!!!

Anyone else kind of see terrorists as the new age barbarians?

I'm pretty sure it's exactly what it is. We take food, land, water, and human rights away from people and when they retaliate we give them a name that makes them seem like the bad guy when in reality it's the rich countries that are the terrorists.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-18 12:43:28

At 2/16/10 12:18 PM, Nev wrote:
At 2/16/10 10:47 AM, Bahamut wrote: What about Valve?
They still want money.
Lots and lots of money.

I think their TF2 updates say otherwise. They don't charge the players a single penny for them and they could have done so but went against it, which is amazing seeing other companies would charge their customers for every little thing. Now if only more games could do the same thing, especially the sports games.

I actually got Fifa 10 for free though, I borrowed it from my brother and he just told me to keep it :).

Ah well, a free game is a free game.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-18 19:03:26

At 2/18/10 12:30 PM, Fro wrote: I'm pretty sure it's exactly what it is. We take food, land, water, and human rights away from people and when they retaliate we give them a name that makes them seem like the bad guy when in reality it's the rich countries that are the terrorists.

Interesting theory. I like it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-20 09:05:18

Looks like Argentina wants to invade The Falklands again.

Story here

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-20 10:14:44

At 2/20/10 09:05 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Looks like Argentina wants to get back The Falklands

Fixed

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-27 20:12:07

At 2/20/10 10:14 AM, Piromano wrote:
At 2/20/10 09:05 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Looks like Argentina wants to get back The Falklands
Fixed

Dude, no. Argentina needs to just accept their loss. They're acting like dicks.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-02-28 17:07:59

My thoughts on that whole Falklands oil story is that it should be mined, however a small percentage of the revenue should go off to Argentina, even if it's just as a sign of goodwill. Drilling from islands that should probably still be another country's territory without giving that country anything back just seems like the kind of thing that shouldn't be done. Sorry if this seems pretty ignorant, I'm not too well informed about the whole situation, I don't really know much beyond the ten second news bulletin that was on the other day.

I assume that it's fine I post in here.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-01 10:15:00

At 2/18/10 12:30 PM, Fro wrote:
At 2/17/10 06:09 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Anyone else kind of see terrorists as the new age barbarians?
I'm pretty sure it's exactly what it is. We take food, land, water, and human rights away from people and when they retaliate we give them a name that makes them seem like the bad guy when in reality it's the rich countries that are the terrorists.

Consider the Mongol Empire. They were largely viewed as Barbarians by the Arabs and the Chinese. They put most of China to the sword and fought many large pitched battles with the Arabs, who reorganised themselves around Islam. Now it seems that out west, we have perceived the Muslim extremists as barbarians, because of their tactics. They see us as the same - a bunch of invading people that seek to oppress.

Barbarian is a term for an uncivilized person, often used pejoratively, either in a general reference to a member of a nation or ethnos, typically a tribal society as seen by an urban civilization either viewed as inferior, or admired as a noble savage. In idiomatic or figurative usage, a "barbarian" may also be an individual reference to a brutal, cruel, warlike, insensitive person.

In a sense, we are all Barbarians, to one man or another on this planet. Shame.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-01 11:00:36

At 3/1/10 10:15 AM, Coop83 wrote:
the good stuff

What you said is complete truth. All the big guys should put themself in the little guy's shoes.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-02 22:27:43

At 2/12/10 12:46 PM, Seamonky wrote:

Dammit dude update your freakin' sig already :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-03 14:27:11

At 3/2/10 10:27 PM, NEVR wrote:

I guess either of us has to make an updated sig for him if no-one else is doing so. I'm not a great sig maker, though but if I get myself motivated, I could make an updated sig for him.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-03 21:42:37

At 3/2/10 10:27 PM, NEVR wrote:

I'm such a nice guy... Here's what I changed:

Exp: 11,000+ -> 15,000+
Level: 32 -> 38
Aura: Light -> Gold / Neutral (yeah I did two versions)
Blams: 23,300+ -> 24,200+
Saves: 34,000+ -> 35,900+
VP: 7.30+ Votes -> 7.90+ Votes

I didn't fix the typos (Experiance, Diety). Though I can do it if you want to.

You can find the version that says "Aura: Gold" here. However, I think that this is the one that Seamonkey likes (because he already had a gold aura but his sig said "Light":

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-03 22:18:51

At 3/3/10 09:42 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I didn't fix the typos (Experiance, Diety). Though I can do it if you want to.

Now all we have to do is wait another few weeks until he views this thread again ;P

That's right, Seamonky. I went there. :o

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-03 23:57:59

At 3/3/10 10:18 PM, NEVR wrote:

Ouch!

Anybody else watch the Canada USA hockey game sunday?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 00:15:18

At 3/3/10 09:42 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I didn't fix the typos (Experiance, Diety). Though I can do it if you want to.

That would be swell. My Forum Sig with misspellings makes it look weird. Other then that, I thank you for the updated sig itself. Idon't know how to make sigs for shit. :(

Now all we have to do is wait another few weeks until he views this thread again ;P

Yeah, We'll wait to see if he comes back in the next few weeks. ;)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 01:13:52

Someone's ears rang really loud when you mentioned him NEVR lol.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 05:10:10

Welcome back Seamonky

*ships passing in the night*

At 3/3/10 11:57 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Anybody else watch the Canada USA hockey game sunday?

Yeah - I went out of the room to get the food and when I came back Sid had popped up with the winner and there was bedlam on the ice. Typical, I really wanted to see that goal live.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 05:21:05

At 3/4/10 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:57 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Anybody else watch the Canada USA hockey game sunday?
Yeah - I went out of the room to get the food and when I came back Sid had popped up with the winner and there was bedlam on the ice. Typical, I really wanted to see that goal live.

Yea, that definitely was great. I was sitting on the edge of my couch the whole freaking overtime, then he scored and it was just utter bliss. It was so beautiful, I mean, Miller has no chance whatsoever of saving it.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 08:36:13

At 3/3/10 10:18 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/4/10 01:13 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Someone's ears rang really loud when you mentioned him NEVR lol.

I sent him a PM :P

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote:
Yeah, We'll wait to see if he comes back in the next few weeks. ;)

Are you talking about me? Then no, I probably won't. I don't usually come here, but I was so bored that I was reading some random threads and I found this. I was so bored, that I even updated your sig :/

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote:
That would be swell. My Forum Sig with misspellings makes it look weird. Other then that, I thank you for the updated sig itself. Idon't know how to make sigs for shit. :(

Experiance -> Experience
Diety -> Deity

Again, I made two versions.

Aura: Gold
Aura: Neutral:

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 09:07:58

I caught the last 10 minutes of OT or whatever. All I thought was 'Wow, Hockey is shit, you can't even see the puck'.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 10:18:34

At 3/4/10 09:07 AM, Nev wrote:
I caught the last 10 minutes of OT or whatever. All I thought was 'Wow, Hockey is shit, you can't even see the puck'.

Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.

How do you think the cameramen feel? :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 10:24:44

At 3/4/10 10:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Did you watch it on the internet, or on TV? It's much easier to follow it on TV and yes, it does get easier with practice, as you learn where to anticipate the puck as moving to.

TV.

How do you think the cameramen feel? :P

I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.
That, I'll say, was great. As the only team sport I watch often is football you hear loads of Premiership commentators moaning about how in Europe all the refs are too hard on fouls. Whilst in hockey you've got people pointlessly ramming the opposition into a fucking wall.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 11:03:02

At 3/4/10 12:15 AM, Seamonky wrote: Yeah, We'll wait to see if he comes back in the next few weeks. ;)

Haha, I was hoping this would happen. Stick around buddy.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 12:59:06

At 3/4/10 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Welcome back Seamonky
*ships passing in the night*

Thank ya. Just been busy with life. Trying to find a new job, chilling with my girlfriend, etc. Times are tough now a days for me. :(

Again, I made two versions.
Aura: Gold

Thank you for the fixes. I seriously needed this updated forum sig. lol I'll put it up later since I'm at my friend CPU right now. :)

Haha, I was hoping this would happen. Stick around buddy.

I'll try. All I've been doing on Newgrounds is review modding for a little, sometimes post every now and then, and get my experience points. Time is limited.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2010-03-04 13:07:31

At 3/4/10 10:24 AM, Nev wrote: I'm sure they're fine as long as they get some good rough stuff :P.
That, I'll say, was great. As the only team sport I watch often is football you hear loads of Premiership commentators moaning about how in Europe all the refs are too hard on fouls. Whilst in hockey you've got people pointlessly ramming the opposition into a fucking wall.

Yea, it's really too bad that fighting is not allowed in the Olympics, I can kind of understand why though, but still, I know there would have been more than one fight between U.S. and Canada and it would've been great.

Do they have much hockey in Europe? I know there's a Euro League of some sort right?