00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

One Piece Crew

78,738 Views | 1,903 Replies

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 09:23:53

I cant wait to listen to the actual One Piece theme song instead of that crappy ass rap they got.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 09:24:56

Here's a funny thought to go out on... 4kids dubbing Samurai Champloo...

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 09:27:44

At 2/18/06 09:23 AM, Red_Jackal wrote: I cant wait to listen to the actual One Piece theme song instead of that crappy ass rap they got.

i actually like the rap more though it isn't good acccording to the translation the japanese lyrics don't make that much sense or that might just be the way they structure sentences.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 09:30:47

Ya translating word for word doesn't work well same thing with Russian.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 11:03:24

At 2/18/06 08:51 AM, RedGlare wrote: Hey batdan i got bittorrent but it would take me 2 days to upload one episode do i need somthing else or should i mess with all the settings and hope for the best?

Yeah, unless you have a fast connection or you know how to work your ports. BitTorrent is slow as hell. Unless you know how to work mIRC. There's a guide on the Arlong Park forums if you don't know how to.

http://apforums.net/..ide#faq_irc_beginner

This is the mIRC guide. So knock youself out.

There's another BitTorrent client I use called Azureus and it's very good. It's fast and it gets all ten episodes done overnight.

The Japanese theme song was almost the dub theme song. Only with VERY different words. The first line "Gathering Together All the Dreams" was going to be changed to "It's time to set sail for a mystery". They didn't even include the We Are on the Cruise part at the end.

But the One Piece dub did do one thing good. It's a picture for other companies on how NOT to dub anime.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 11:06:17

One more thing. The second theme song Believe is actually very good. The third one "Hikari E" is okay, Bon Voyage is good, but the current one Kokoro no Chizu is the best.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 11:52:18

Error at 75% Damnit!!!

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 12:10:17

At 2/18/06 11:52 AM, Red_Jackal wrote: Error at 75% Damnit!!!

Try Azureus. It's really good and in my opinion, better then the original BT.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 13:24:48

At 2/18/06 09:23 AM, Red_Jackal wrote: I cant wait to listen to the actual One Piece theme song instead of that crappy ass rap they got.

can you even consider it rap. its just organized rhyming. not really close to rap.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 13:46:29

Here's the theme songs. I found them through YouTube.

We Are: Theme 1

Believe: Theme 2

Hikari E: Theme 3

Bon Voyage: Theme 4

Kokoro no Chizu: Theme 5

For some reason, when I lsee a video with We Are, I hear a strange flatline noise. So if you hear it. Then there's something wrong with YouTube. If it's only me, then there's something wrong with my computer.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 13:52:32

At 2/18/06 01:46 PM, BatDan wrote: Here's the theme songs. I found them through YouTube.
I hear a strange flatline noise.

Is the noise abit like a whistle or eleator door ping?

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 13:59:21

At 2/18/06 01:52 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 2/18/06 01:46 PM, BatDan wrote: Here's the theme songs. I found them through YouTube.
I hear a strange flatline noise.
Is the noise abit like a whistle or eleator door ping?

Yes, it's in all the 1st opening videos I found. Then there's one that was in another language.

Oh and instead of VLC Player. Get BSPlayer, it's got a great HQ fullscreen feature.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 13:59:23

Are there anymore openings here for someone who wants to join?

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 14:04:32

At 2/18/06 08:43 AM, BatDan wrote: Biggest sign the 4Kids dub started to suck.

http://hammerspring.ytmnd.com/

Right here.

You know i never did know what the hell that thing was. And the guns are strange when they fire they look normal but when the marines/Navy(in my country the marines work for the Navy) are holding them normaly or running they look like waterguns. Altough the government is working flat out to ban smoking overhere so i'm not blaming 4Kids for that.

Besides you can blame them for a hell of a lot more anyway.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 14:49:04

At 2/18/06 01:59 PM, Monarch1989 wrote: Are there anymore openings here for someone who wants to join?

Yes, you can join. Just name your five or ten favorite characters.

I did think about RPing but there were many reasons I decided against it.

1. RPing is gay.
2. It's hard with One Piece.
3. RPing is gay.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 16:42:48

K-F made a new release. Though it's not an episode. It's a TV special that aired for fun. It had nothing to do with Skypiea but I'm sure it was fun. I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 16:50:03

At 2/18/06 04:42 PM, BatDan wrote: K-F made a new release. Though it's not an episode. It's a TV special that aired for fun. It had nothing to do with Skypiea but I'm sure it was fun. I'll watch it when I get a chance.

yes, the third tv special. I have yet to see the second one. (i'm so busy with other things, not much time for anime) I wonder, is this the one where everyones a samurai, and it features cmeos of every character up to that point in the seris? or is this the "movie" one? I can;t wait until K-F subs the movie short (pirate baseball!)

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 16:52:58

At 2/18/06 04:50 PM, Jiroh wrote:
At 2/18/06 04:42 PM, BatDan wrote:

the movie short (pirate baseball!)

Didn't they make a GBA game about that?

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 17:41:03

from all those theme songs, I liked the first the best. HE kinda sounds like the guy who did the intro song from the janenba movie in dragonballlz. that movie was nice.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 17:43:52

also , do you guys store all these movies in your hardrives or delete them after you have downloaded them. I just wondering about how much memory you guys have in your computers if you were store alot of them. I have very little, only 40 gb so I wouldnt be able to download many episodes which sucks

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 18:05:27

DoomRyno, save them on a CD or USB drive when you're done. That way, you can keep them forever without having to delete them.

But get A LOT of GOOD CDs and a big USB drive. You may have to get more then one USB if that's the case.

Jiroh, I haven't watched the Special yet since I'm getting all the early episodes on to my computer first. But once I finish my current DL, I'll watch the TV Special. Oh and the Ninja and Samurai isn't this one. But the other subbing group Gerusama will be doing that next.

I actually did see the Pirate Baseball special on YouTube subbed by another group. It was weird having Bon Clay scream GOMU GOMU NO HOMERUN.

The whole special was the Straw Hat Pirates vs. Arlong and his crew. With Buggy and Bon Clay as the commentators.

I'm not sure if there was a GBA game. Check the main page at arlongpark.net and under Other and Games.

Oh and I read Stephan's translation of Chapter 400. Funk Freed ate the Zou Zou Fruit. Zou means elephant so the elephant was originally a sword that somehow ate a DF.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 19:20:31

batdan: in order to save time, and CDs, and monbey, use Blank DVDs instead. I use Deepburner to burn them as a data DVD (which means: no compatibility in DVD players, unless you have one that plays Divx) which lets me store up to 24 eps a disk.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 20:24:18

one piece did have a gba + ps2 game. havent played the gba but the ps2 was fun. I liked using zolo in the ps2 game.

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 20:40:57

At 2/18/06 08:24 PM, DoomRynoX wrote: one piece did have a gba + ps2 game. havent played the gba but the ps2 was fun. I liked using zolo in the ps2 game.

Its not zolo its zorro

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 21:04:44

Hi, I'd like to join your crew as long as I can be Sanji, cause the guy rocks!

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 21:55:47

i believe in #2 and #3....i mean #2

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 22:21:13

At 2/18/06 08:40 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 2/18/06 08:24 PM, DoomRynoX wrote: one piece did have a gba + ps2 game. havent played the gba but the ps2 was fun. I liked using zolo in the ps2 game.
Its not zolo its zorro

well said, well sa-- wait a minute, you got it wrong too! It's "Zoro" We don't need any foxes in here... ("zorro" is spanish for fox)

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 23:15:10

Bandai is almost as bad as 4kids when it comes to games. They license all the anime except for FMA which enix has.

The One Piece game was fun until you figured out that there were only 8 moves per character... I played the demo on the OPM disk.

Now they're making a Samurai Champloo game... The concept is really badass with music tracks for a fighting system but you know they're just gonna screw that up too.

There hasn't been one great anime game except for Zone of the Enders the 2nd Runner and that started out as an anime game from Hideo Kojima and anime episodes were released based on it after that.

Dumb companies spend all the money on licensing and none on development they just crap out a game with decent graphics in the shortest amount of time possible...

It's pretty much like this... If it's not 1st party it's one piece of crap... I hate 3rd party devs... except for Capcom and Konami if only for MGS RE4 and DMC...

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-18 23:22:14

At 2/18/06 11:15 PM, Red_Jackal wrote:
Bandai is almost as bad as 4kids when it comes to games. They license all the anime except for FMA which enix has.

The One Piece game was fun until you figured out that there were only 8 moves per character... I played the demo on the OPM disk.

Now they're making a Samurai Champloo game... The concept is really badass with music tracks for a fighting system but you know they're just gonna screw that up too.

There hasn't been one great anime game except for Zone of the Enders the 2nd Runner and that started out as an anime game from Hideo Kojima and anime episodes were released based on it after that.

Dumb companies spend all the money on licensing and none on development they just crap out a game with decent graphics in the shortest amount of time possible...

I wouldn't say their bad. I like BanDai games. The gundam games were nicely done. people say the vs. weren't good, but I say they were. they were good with what they were originally made for: Arcade. BanDai shouldn't really be making games for console.

and FMA sucks.

It's pretty much like this... If it's not 1st party it's one piece of crap... I hate 3rd party devs... except for Capcom and Konami if only for MGS RE4 and DMC...

Response to One Piece Crew 2006-02-19 00:29:26

:: I wouldn't say their bad. I like BanDai games. The gundam games were nicely done. people say the vs. weren't good, but I say they were. they were good with what they were originally made for: Arcade. BanDai shouldn't really be making games for console.

and FMA sucks.

Wrong again kid. It's Gundamn that sucks.

Though I wouldn't think a pazny like you could appreciate anything like Samurai Champloo or gost in the Shell or Metal Gear Solid.

Go back to your panzy robots. And yes the Gundamn games do suck. Best review one got was a 6.5 just like the anime.

Anyway I'm heading off for a few days guys cya.