00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

341,895 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 06:58:46

At 3/16/05 03:32 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: I say old bean who would you have running the country? One can see the Lib dems becoming the second party, but not taking power. If labour stay with Blair they might have a chance next time around.

There is one solution: Sack all the politicians and the Tea Party shall do the job.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 09:24:36

At 3/16/05 06:58 AM, Coop83 wrote: There is one solution: Sack all the politicians and the Tea Party shall do the job.

WHAT!!!!? You can't mean work for a living. We should take the house of Lords, and leave the commans to....well the commaners.
We should fill the civil service up with butlers then we could cut wages and they won't complain.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 10:29:14

At 3/16/05 09:24 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: WHAT!!!!? You can't mean work for a living. We should take the house of Lords, and leave the commans to....well the commaners.
We should fill the civil service up with butlers then we could cut wages and they won't complain.

That's the kind of response one would expect from you, Storm. Lets see... Should we a) get paid £50,000 - £80,000 per year to run the country or sit in the house of Lords, doing bugger all and getting paid nothing.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 12:32:05

At 3/16/05 03:32 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: I say old bean who would you have running the country? One can see the Lib dems becoming the second party, but not taking power. If labour stay with Blair they might have a chance next time around.

That's probably what will happen lets face it. the Conservatives are washed up as only snobs vote for them form what Ive seen. Labour have the support at the monet but one believes that Blairs actions will cost his party a number of votes. Their lead will be lessend and Lib Dems shall re take the position as the opposition and then at the next election they shall win.

The most desirable outcome for this election would be if their was no party had a majority.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 14:01:01

At 3/16/05 10:51 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: It would depend dear boy, would there be perks ?

Well, if David Blunkett can get a mistress, I daresay someone who actually looks like a normal person could get some young, attractive slip of a girl to give one certain 'perks' old boy.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 14:06:09

At 3/16/05 02:01 PM, Coop83 wrote: Well, if David Blunkett can get a mistress, I daresay someone who actually looks like a normal person could get some young, attractive slip of a girl to give one certain 'perks' old boy.

yes but would you wnat the hassle ofthe public scandal?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 14:38:11

A cup of tea inspired me to make a post here.
Tally ho chaps!

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 14:40:28

At 3/16/05 02:38 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: A cup of tea inspired me to make a post here.
Tally ho chaps!

Welcome old ebna. pull up a seta and we cna have a jolly good chin wag!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 16:23:49

At 3/16/05 02:06 PM, -Manic- wrote: yes but would you wnat the hassle ofthe public scandal?

Depends if the crumpet looked alright, old boy. If she was a nice looking girl, I wouldn't mind.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 16:41:25

At 3/16/05 02:40 PM, -Manic- wrote:
Welcome old ebna. pull up a seta and we cna have a jolly good chin wag!

Sorry old boy, must dash. An insolent young scamp had the audacity to ask me for his ball back when it landed on my estate. Naturally I challenged him to a duel, so it's toasting forks at dawn!

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-16 17:14:53

At 3/16/05 04:41 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: Sorry old boy, must dash. An insolent young scamp had the audacity to ask me for his ball back when it landed on my estate. Naturally I challenged him to a duel, so it's toasting forks at dawn!

With or without marshmallow, old bean?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 05:18:54

At 3/16/05 05:14 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/16/05 04:41 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
Naturally I challenged him to a duel, so it's toasting forks at dawn!
With or without marshmallow, old bean?

It would have to be without marshmallow. There is no point of a dual unless you can draw blood.

Happy St. Patricks day

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 14:05:03

^ The man has taste...

Bye the Bye happy St. Patrick’s day to all here at the English Gentlemen’s club.. and my I say it has been a pleasure being around such... well-educated people as you all... Tally ho off the dining room where having guests stay for dinner and I must keep up my respiration as a pleasant host... Chery'o Lads see you tomorrow.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 14:10:08

At 3/17/05 02:05 PM, LordGoulden wrote: Bye the Bye happy St. Patrick’s day to all here at the English Gentlemen’s club.. and my I say it has been a pleasure being around such... well-educated people as you all... Tally ho off the dining room where having guests stay for dinner and I must keep up my respiration as a pleasant host... Chery'o Lads see you tomorrow.

Toodle pip old bean.

Btw chaps have any of you seen the trailer for the new series of Doctor who? looks rather spiffing if I do say so myself. One is most excited to see the Doctor making a comeback :-) Up the Daleks!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 14:47:10

Yes one saw that earlier... thought it looked quite good... Yet one can't help but feel that Dr Who is not the same without the big hair and long scarf...

When dose it come out again.. and on which channel… sorry one has a terrible memory..

Well must be off…

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 14:50:46

At 3/17/05 02:47 PM, LordGoulden wrote: When dose it come out again.. and on which channel… sorry one has a terrible memory..

One believes it shall be broadcast on the BBC, either one or two. Probably one, as it is such a spiffing and popular phenomenon.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 14:51:06

At 3/17/05 02:47 PM, LordGoulden wrote: Yes one saw that earlier... thought it looked quite good... Yet one can't help but feel that Dr Who is not the same without the big hair and long scarf...

yes but I suppose they ahd to update it to bring in a new generation of viewers. I think they shuld have let Paul Megan cary on playing the doctor though. It doesn't seem fair that he only got to play him once in the movie. He wasn't all that abd really.

When dose it come out again.. and on which channel… sorry one has a terrible memory..

BBC 2 I believe on the 26th?

Well must be off…

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 15:12:32

At 3/17/05 02:51 PM, -Manic- wrote: yes but I suppose they ahd to update it to bring in a new generation of viewers. I think they shuld have let Paul Megan cary on playing the doctor though. It doesn't seem fair that he only got to play him once in the movie. He wasn't all that abd really.

Isn't the Doc going to run out of incarnations soon? I thought he only had a few left. One might be mistaken, as it has been a while since one saw Doctor Who, great as it is.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 15:15:09

At 3/17/05 03:12 PM, Coop83 wrote: Isn't the Doc going to run out of incarnations soon? I thought he only had a few left. One might be mistaken, as it has been a while since one saw Doctor Who, great as it is.

Eccleston will be the 9th regeneration and there is 13 in total so that 4 more doctors at leatsand Im sure in that time thye will think of a way tog et more. My stepdad said soemthign to oneof his friends a few days ago about this and he said that their has been hints or soemthing throught the life of the program that the docotr wasn't a normal time lord so he might have some mroe or soemthing?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-17 18:00:47

At 3/17/05 03:15 PM, -Manic- wrote: Eccleston will be the 9th regeneration and there is 13 in total so that 4 more doctors at leatsand Im sure in that time thye will think of a way tog et more. My stepdad said soemthign to oneof his friends a few days ago about this and he said that their has been hints or soemthing throught the life of the program that the docotr wasn't a normal time lord so he might have some mroe or soemthing?

What it needs is stability: A quality actor, who can carry the role off for about 5 series, then change (James Bond style?)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-18 03:52:26

One was never really taken with Doctor Who. One has found that there is only one BBC science fiction and that is......RED DWARF !

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-18 05:16:59

At 3/18/05 03:52 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: One was never really taken with Doctor Who. One has found that there is only one BBC science fiction and that is......RED DWARF !

Completely different genres, my dear Storm. Red Dwarf is a sticom, while Dr Who is more of a Sci-Fi Drama. Since they are both Sci-Fi, we can compare like that, but other than that, they are non comparable.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-18 09:25:55

At 3/18/05 05:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: Completely different genres, my dear Storm. Red Dwarf is a sticom, while Dr Who is more of a Sci-Fi Drama. Since they are both Sci-Fi, we can compare like that, but other than that, they are non comparable.

One is not a big fan of Sci-Fi. Star wars is most likely the best there is, and one can't wait for the new one to come out.
As for Doctor Who one not two fused about it.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-18 17:36:07

At 3/18/05 09:25 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: One is not a big fan of Sci-Fi. Star wars is most likely the best there is, and one can't wait for the new one to come out.

Ah yes, Ewan McGregor doing a fine impersonation of Sir Alec Guinness.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 03:47:25

At 3/18/05 05:36 PM, Coop83 wrote: Ah yes, Ewan McGregor doing a fine impersonation of Sir Alec Guinness.

One still thinks that he isn't as good as Sir Alec.
On a different note, Jeeves set the hounds on the bastard chav head chef. One is not amused.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 05:00:54

At 3/19/05 03:47 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: On a different note, Jeeves set the hounds on the bastard chav head chef. One is not amused.

Why? One is intrigued as to the goings on that would cause such a cafuffle.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 09:33:47

At 3/19/05 05:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: Why? One is intrigued as to the goings on that would cause such a cafuffle.

Well in short by next saturday one will not have a job. As one needs the money one is having to work for that bunch of reatrds until then.
This makes one rather cross.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 16:36:23

At 3/19/05 09:33 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: Well in short by next saturday one will not have a job. As one needs the money one is having to work for that bunch of reatrds until then.

Chin up, old bean. Something will come up.

This makes one rather cross.

Calm down. More tea?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 18:22:59

i do say, may I join this nice little club?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-19 18:30:08

At 3/19/05 06:22 PM, r1dl3y wrote: i do say, may I join this nice little club?

Indeed old bean. pull up a chair and have soem tea and biscuits.

I say chaps! what do yuo think of Wales getting the grandslam in the rugger?