00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Church

85,030 Views | 2,024 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Church 2005-02-03 21:20:43

At 2/3/05 08:06 AM, JAMMERMAN wrote: i'll join

Spam but I'll forgive you for your n00bness.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-06 22:11:08

How Big Is He?
Job 38:4-38:12

The mountains in Colorado are big, but Colorado can hold them. The oceans are even bigger than Colorado, but the earth can hold them. The earth itself is pretty big, but not big enough that the universe can’t hold it with room to spare. That makes the universe very big, but not big enough that God can’t hold it in the palm of His hand. That makes God the biggest of all. But exactly how big is He? I Kings 8:27 tells us that God is so big, He doesn’t even fit into Heaven. Just ponder that for a minute. He can’t even fit into Heaven. We should fear something that big, yet often we think of God like our sidekick. He’s just another person with great powers. Kind of like the President or something. We don’t remember how big He is. Sometimes we even think we might have a better plan than He does.
Job 38 shows us two main points that might make us think a bit differently. In this portion of scripture God is questioning Job with a series of rhetorical questions after Job had some doubt about God’s plans. God decided to qualify Himself by asking these rhetorical questions that prove to me that He knows best...

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell Me if you have understanding.” Job 38:4

The first point is that God doesn’t need our advice. He laid the foundation of the earth by Himself. He didn’t need our pointers. He didn’t need any advice from anybody. Let me ask you a question that isn’t found in the Bible. Could you have laid that foundation any better? My parents had a house built in a new subdivision in Greeley, CO. I (by choice) got the unfinished basement. It was cool. I hung sheets from the support beams to create my bedroom. I also had a little recording studio set up down there. Every Saturday night we had a little group from the youth group at my church come over and we would just worship all night long. Since we held this gathering in an unfinished basement, we called our worship time “The Foundation”. However, even the people my parents paid to lay the foundation of our house couldn’t lay the foundation of the earth. In fact, the cement had cracks in it. The foundation of our house was good and safe, but it wasn’t flawless. See, God not only laid the earth’s foundation by Himself, He did it flawlessly. He had a wonderful, flawless plan. The earth’s foundation is just the beginning. He created you!! Do you understand now? God doesn’t want nor need our advice. When he has a plan, don’t try to change or modify it. I’ll tell you honestly, I trust God’s plan more than yours. I once heard it said that two things in life are certain;
1. There is a God.
2. It’s not you.
“Have you commanded the morning since your days begun,
And caused the dawn to know it’s place?” Job 38:12

The second point is that God is stronger that you. Verse 12 God asked Job if he’s ever made the sun rise and set. In order to do that he would have to control the earth’s rotation. In this scripture Job never wrote his answers for us, but it’s safe to assume he couldn’t control the earth’s rotation. In fact, I don’t know of anybody who can. Or any group of people for that matter. I believe that if the whole population of the earth worked together, we still couldn’t control the earth’s rotation. But God can. He can do it all by Himself. That would make God very powerful. If He can turn the earth, imagine all the other things He can do. Mark 10:27 tells us “...With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible.” God is very powerful and, for that reason, should be feared!! Sometimes we get this mental picture of God as this big guy who created everything in a week and then retired. Now He just sits on His throne in Heaven and watches us. We get use to the fact that He just sits there. That’s not true at all. Our God is a very active God. He doesn’t just sit there. God is omnipresent. That means all of Him is everywhere. That’s hard for our little brains to understand isn’t it? All of Him is everywhere. The only place all of Him isn’t is in the hearts of nonbelievers. Our mighty Father can create and destroy. FEAR HIM!! Fear Him because He is more powerful than you. Fear Him because He created you and He can destroy you. Fear Him because if you don’t follow His plan, there are consequences. Don’t get me wrong, God is very loving and merciful. He forgives us and accepts us as we are, but fear Him because He does have the power.
I encourage you to read all of Job 38. There are more questions God asks that will prove His reign and power. These two verses kind of give you an idea of how wise He is, and how powerful He is. I know some of this might have been hard for you to read because now you feel so small, but the truth is you are.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-10 22:58:25

I go to a Catholic school and in a text book it says:we believe in a Catholic and Epolistict Church,does anyone know why?

Response to NG Church 2005-02-10 23:00:11

Sorry, I havn't really been following.
Is this a catholic or protestant church?
Is it a christian church?

Response to NG Church 2005-02-10 23:02:38

At 2/10/05 10:58 PM, Steve_the_Scorpion wrote: I go to a Catholic school and in a text book it says:we believe in a Catholic and Epolistict Church,does anyone know why?

sorry i spelt the other church thats not Catholic very wrong but don't know how to spell it

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 06:03:25

If god is infinate, then god cannot be good, because by assigning god a characteristic, it puts limits on god, which contradicts the idea that god is infinite, and if god cannot be either good nor evil, then by extension there is no ultimate good or evil in the universe. Furthermore, if god is ominiscient, then the idea of free will is a fraud, because regardless of our decisions, god will know what will occur in the future, which means everyone is destined for a certain fate. If there is free will, but a god, then god cannot know everything, which means that god is not omniscient, and if god cannot know everything, god cannot control everything, or love everything, which means the three fundamental characteristics of a god do not work. Another example would be the idea that god is all-powerful, or omniscient. If god is all-powerful, then does god have the power to make something god cannot completely control? If god created something beyond the absolute power of god, then god is not all-powerful, but if god was unable to create something beyond god's strength, then god is not all-powerful. Lastly, if god is truely omni-benevolent, then there would be no hell, since god's infinate wisdom and ability to look into people's minds would enable god to see every single aspect of someone's existence, and how it led to their choices in life. To still persecute those even after fully understanding the reasons they did certain things is not completely benevolent, so hell is an illogical concept.
To claim, however, that god is not bound to the processes of logic is simply nonsensical, because by virtue of logic being a sound way to descover the universe, it shows that this universe, with its mathmatic prescision, is logical, and has to be created by a logical force or event. If god is indeed a part of this universe, then logic, not faith, would be the best way to descover god's existance. Unfortunately, if logic did actually lead to the descovery of god, then god cannot exist, because god exists solely on faith, and with no need for faith anymore, god could not exist!
If faith, however, was a better way of descovering the universe and understanding its logic, then that would mean every religeon was right, every god from Athena to Zeus exists, and people can get better if you pray hard enough. Sadly, the prayer healing has been documented to fail, and to have every religeon be right would be so contradictory and complicated the universe would be impossible to truely know. The idea of only applying faith to unproven possibilities is much like the tooth fairy or santa claus concept, because even though it can explain things in a simple manner, it doesn't adapt or hold ground when new, contradictory evidence surfaces. People are instead conditioned to regard all contradictory arguements and evidence as heretical or false, thereby ceasing the progress of all humanity in learning more about our vast and mysterious universe.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 19:53:40

*jepardy song plays* do DO do dododo DO do........

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 20:03:01

At 2/11/05 06:03 AM, Telekenetikus wrote: If god is infinate. . . .

I answered your question to, its in the The Bible is real thread. Its twards the bottom.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 20:06:17

I don't agree with most religion, and if anyone dares "forgive me" or something...I'll be slightly upset. I have my beliefs and I hold them sacred to myself. Please don't comment on my beliefs, ok?

Anyway, why I am posting in here is because I'm going to be watching out for this topic, and if I find anyone who flames you guys, or starts giving you all trouble, then I will have the user banned.

This isn't a religious debate topic, but a place where some users can talk about their beliefs. I think that is a good cause.

If I find anyone debating in here, without reason, they will be banned. End of story.

Anyway, carry on people.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 20:13:59

At 2/11/05 08:06 PM, RedCircle wrote: I don't agree with most religion, and if anyone dares "forgive me" or something...I'll be slightly upset. I have my beliefs and I hold them sacred to myself. Please don't comment on my beliefs, ok?

If thats what you want, ok.

Anyway, why I am posting in here is because I'm going to be watching out for this topic, and if I find anyone who flames you guys, or starts giving you all trouble, then I will have the user banned.

Thanks a bunch for the support man. Sometimes we get it bad.

This isn't a religious debate topic, but a place where some users can talk about their beliefs. I think that is a good cause.

Actually alot of times we have debates. A user asks us a question, we reply, they give us an example of how it dosent work, we give them one where it does. Thats one of the things we do here, we talk about God, but we also try to give answers to users with questions. So we like debates, as long as they are intelligent debates and people have real questions.

Anyway, carry on people.

Thanks for the support Red.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-11 21:51:57

At 2/11/05 07:59 PM, Tal-con wrote: That's an oxymoron.

Actually, that's a paradox =)

At 2/11/05 08:13 PM, -DivineCrusader- wrote: If thats what you want, ok.

Ha, yes.

Thanks a bunch for the support man. Sometimes we get it bad.

Yeah, you know what I mean though....people who just want to argue for the sake of arguing....nothing gets accomplished.

Actually alot of times we have debates.

I'd imagine so. Not so worried about those...they can actually have desirable outcomes for both parties.

Thanks for the support Red.

No prob. =)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 17:39:19

At 2/11/05 08:06 PM, RedCircle wrote: Anyway, why I am posting in here is because I'm going to be watching out for this topic, and if I find anyone who flames you guys, or starts giving you all trouble, then I will have the user banned.

Yay, God bless you man -- i've never really said that before, cool!

Thanks. :)

So, I havent been here in like 10+ pages.. whoa! Nearly 50 pages. hehe... nice one

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 17:53:18

the bible's just a bunch of stories. They didn't even know about dinosours or evolution back then.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 18:06:46

At 2/12/05 05:53 PM, D4Dan wrote: the bible's just a bunch of stories. They didn't even know about dinosours or evolution back then.

WOW. Dude, you cannot even say that after the article I have just read!!

It proved that the teachers of the Bible knew Science 2000 years before any scientist proved it correct, and it wasn't just a one off!!

Read here: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

If you cannot be ''bothered'' to read the article, it just proves it. You dont really want to prove to yourself that Jesus exists, you are just trying to 'put' us down and you dont really want an answer.. :)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 18:08:19

Opps, cant edit posts..

Well anyway, evolution is a story that trys and proves the bible is fake; also dinosuars are just rumours. God knows everything, its just, would you preach to someone about something in the future thats only a rumour? ;)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 20:25:35

I wondered if there were any Christian newgroundites. I think a club is a good idea, but will anybody submit Christian flash? I have two ideas for them, one of them is goung to be titled The Rocks Will Sing

Click these easy tools to automatically input certain HTML tags to emphasize parts of your signature or add links.

Characters remaining (without HTML tags): 16

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 21:01:20

At 2/12/05 08:25 PM, mushroomboy5 wrote: I wondered if there were any Christian newgroundites. I think a club is a good idea, but will anybody submit Christian flash? I have two ideas for them, one of them is goung to be titled The Rocks Will Sing

Very interesting points, can you please post them. I would love to hear about them! In depth and I may help you out on it :)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 21:23:25

At 2/12/05 06:08 PM, BittenApple wrote: Opps, cant edit posts..

Well anyway, evolution is a story that trys and proves the bible is fake; also dinosuars are just rumours. God knows everything, its just, would you preach to someone about something in the future thats only a rumour? ;)

Actually I believe that only the Book of Genesis conflicts with the theory of Evolution.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 21:32:48

Very interesting points, can you please post them. I would love to hear about them! In depth and I may help you out on it :)

Sure, I haven't worked out all the details, but this is what I have so far: A very old man is walking down the sidewalk in a very rundown neighborhood. He is thinking to himself about how he is the last Christian. He says some stuff and prays that Christianity will live on and spread to it's former glory. He then enters a church, and dies at the altar. The second after he dies, all the rocks start to sing gospel songs. I don't know much what will happen after this, but people will remember Gods word, and begin to praise him. : )

P.S. this is based on a verse in the Biblewhere God says that if people stop praising me, the rocks will!

Click these easy tools to automatically input certain HTML tags to emphasize parts of your signature or add links.

Characters remaining (without HTML tags): 16

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 21:38:08

Pehaps the dinosours were around in Adam and eve's time? And god destoryed there kind with the flood. In noah's time.

Animator for hire. Check out the stuff I have on the portal and the forums. If you like something, send me a message.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-02-12 23:19:32

At 2/12/05 09:38 PM, Xcyper33 wrote: Pehaps the dinosours were around in Adam and eve's time? And god destoryed there kind with the flood. In noah's time.

I dont so, there was no menation of them in the Bible at the time of Adam and Eve, and the flood wasnt for a long time after that.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-13 20:00:20

I decided to read the end of the book of revalations today. What was the second to last part say. Do not add anymore books to this book or do not take any away. It was something like that. That proves all protestant churches wrong since they took parts out and put parts in, isnt that true. And revalations was wrote years before divisons. Right?

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-02-14 00:33:24

At 2/10/05 11:02 PM, Steve_the_Scorpion wrote:
At 2/10/05 10:58 PM, Steve_the_Scorpion wrote: I go to a Catholic school and in a text book it says:we believe in a Catholic and Epolistict Church,does anyone know why?

You said something in a future post about another church, but that's not it at all... I believe Catholics sa something like "We believe in the One True Catholic and Apostilic Church."

At 2/12/05 05:53 PM, D4Dan wrote: the bible's just a bunch of stories. They didn't even know about dinosours or evolution back then.

Wrong. There are instances of creatures that greatly resembly dinosaurs in the Bible. Someone else can research about that on Christiananswers.net

At 2/12/05 08:25 PM, mushroomboy5 wrote: I wondered if there were any Christian newgroundites. I think a club is a good idea, but will anybody submit Christian flash?

It's been done already. -Love-, by inevitability

---------------------

I have to apologize because I no longer have time to post in the NG Church frequently, I cannot be active here... I wish you all the best of luck and I'll try to post from time to time because I think it's a really good cause: Joining Christians on a Godless website. God bless you all.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-14 05:52:58

At 2/11/05 08:06 PM, RedCircle wrote: Anyway, why I am posting in here is because I'm going to be watching out for this topic, and if I find anyone who flames you guys, or starts giving you all trouble, then I will have the user banned.

Damnit RC, you've just ruined my ongoing fun.
>:(
I hope you're happy.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to NG Church 2005-02-14 21:23:25

At 2/14/05 12:33 AM, CapnJack wrote: I have to apologize because I no longer have time to post in the NG Church frequently, I cannot be active here... I wish you all the best of luck and I'll try to post from time to time because I think it's a really good cause: Joining Christians on a Godless website. God bless you all.

I'm sorry to hear that Jack. COme in as much as you can, you were an excelent member. You'll always be welocme here.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-15 12:19:37

That's Interesting, Never thought we'd get a mod for us and not against us ^_^

Response to NG Church 2005-02-15 12:28:28

At 2/12/05 08:25 PM, mushroomboy5 wrote: I wondered if there were any Christian newgroundites. I think a club is a good idea, but will anybody submit Christian flash? I have two ideas for them, one of them is goung to be titled The Rocks Will Sing

-Love- by Inevitablity is truely an amazing work of art. (I did the music, teehee!)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-15 21:53:59

Friend of mine calls himself a baptist but he doesnt know the first thing of his religion and when you ask him what he believes this is what he says.

I believe what the baptist believe

The baptist believe what i believe.

yes he is very stupid

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-02-15 22:09:25

At 2/15/05 09:53 PM, dsmking wrote: I believe what the baptist believe

The baptist believe what i believe.

Stuff like that annoys me. If you dont know what you believe, than dont claim to be part of a group that has specific beliefs. He needs to learn.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-16 00:09:34

At 2/15/05 10:03 PM, Tal-con wrote:
At 2/11/05 08:06 PM, RedCircle wrote: If I find anyone debating in here, without reason, they will be banned. End of story.
Isn't that a bit strict?

Someone debating without reason is someone who likes negative attention. That interferes with your topic.

So, is that a bit strict? Not at all. Some people in the world just love to flame. I know that's not what you all want to have in here, so I won't allow it.

I mean when you look at text you can never really tell if someone is being angry, or politely disagreeing with what the other one says.

When you look at one post, no. When you look at several posts, then you can come to a decision, and then the mod can act accordingly.

Hell, i could be debating with you right now, or maybe I'm not? O_o

Hey, you are speaking in a clear manner, and not being rude. I'd say you are being fine. Once someone starts insulting another, or disagreeing with EVERYTHING someone says, just for the sake of argument, then actions will be taken.

But then again, one doesn't have to be angry for it to be considered a debate, that's why i disagreed with you. (Please don't ban me) >_<

Debates are fine. I never said that people can't propose their opinions in here without getting banned. I said, "if I find anyone who flames you guys, or starts giving you all trouble, then I will have the user banned."

See? "Flames you guys" or "starts giving you trouble," not calmly debates with you guys....

I don't mind debate, just random flaming.

Indeed.