00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CCasey112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Church

85,029 Views | 2,024 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Church 2005-01-21 00:46:45

At 1/20/05 11:42 PM, CapnJack wrote: Me, you, DC and anyone else who wishes to add some order to this club should talk in one big AIM chat. <<let's do that Saturday or something>>

Don't have AIM. I've got MSN, and Saturday could be tricky. But if I'm on, I'd be happy to offer what help I can. Add me at insigniasigs@hotmail.com on MSN if you can.

I like you already.

I like you too. LOL

I agree and if you're against him all the better in my mind.

Well, in that case... yes, yes I am.

I know this place has heaps of potential, and I do agree that the NGBBS is filled with people who wouldn't appreciate this sort of club at all, but if we can only get through to 1 or 2 of them, then we've done well.
I don't know what your plans are, but a plan of action is always a good thing in a club on here. Instead of just idle chit chat.
Later.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-25 18:19:25

A few of us have been discussing the direction in which we would like to take this church. We're going to be trying out new things and it would be nice if we had some help from frequent members of the church. The roles of Preacher and Member must be re-established, with one NEW edition*.

- Member: Anyone who posts actively**
- Preacher: Anyone who writes or posts sermons actively**
- *Teacher: Anyone who answers religious questions or problems that people ask. This may be the hardest job because it requires adequate knowledge in the gospels and accurate Christian information.

** By ACTIVE I mean once a week.
It would be nice to have weekly sermons. We would like to have four preachers, that way each preacher only needs to worry about a sermon once a month, how stress free is that??
(written by CaptJack)

Response to NG Church 2005-01-25 19:28:43

can i ask some of u catholics why u confess and go to church every sunday?

Response to NG Church 2005-01-26 19:33:14

At 1/25/05 07:28 PM, genome1 wrote: can i ask some of u catholics why u confess and go to church every sunday?

We go to church every sunday because, in theory, God helps us 24/7, so an hour of our weeks is not enough for him? I don't even go to church every Sunday, sometimes Saturday nights, sometimes I forget.

We go to confession to help cleanse our sins. Did you know that in ancient societies where, whenever someone had a disease, the town would sit around them in a circle and the sick person would confess thier misdeeds to them all? There was a 90% survival rate. Confession is a way of getting it off your chest, and guilt kills. Taking steps away from God can be reversed if you step forwards.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-26 20:04:23

i havent been posting lately cus ive been really busy but i would like to be a preacher for a once a week sermon :) and ill try to post often.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-01-26 20:05:53

At 1/25/05 07:28 PM, genome1 wrote: can i ask some of u catholics why u confess and go to church every sunday?

im not catholic but i would say its a way to feel sucure and safe that god has forgiven you unno just to make sure even tho i think it is not nessesary to confess to priest.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2005-01-26 20:15:40

i was wondering wether th NG Church was a Catholic church or and any thing church?
because if its a catholic church then im going to start my own thread!!!!
NG Mosque!!!!!!LOL
im just jocking but i seriously think some one should make it!!!!!

Response to NG Church 2005-01-26 20:54:48

i have no problems with chritianity there is only on thing that really pisses me of and that is THE TRINITY. Why cant ppl just accept the fact that Jesus is MAYBE just any human, NO they have to make a big fuss about how he is human but divine. But then is he more human that divine or the other way? who knows? and what if he was merly a prophet sent by God to gide the human race? and that god resurected him so that he could finish his task! Have any of you ever thought that God might not have wanted to have Jesus as an equal but as a son of God and I do remind you all that we are the sons and daughters of God (acording to the Adem and Eve theory, wich i strongly repulse). and it is for these reason that if i start beliving in God again ill become a Muslim! for them Jesus is JUST a prophet send by God, and the new testament i do remind is just the story of Jesus live retold by 4 ppl that worship him so not a very neutral point of view so i do consider it mostly rubish. As for the Koran is suposed to be dirrectly form God , isnt much better either. JUST ONE MORE THING JEWISH, CHRISTANCE, AND MUSLIMS ALL BELIVE IN THE SAME GOD. many ppl forget that!!!

P.S. Dont get me wrong ppl im baptised and i did my first communion but at this moment the only thing i belive in is my self!!! im not descriminating any one or saying your religion is bad or good im just pointing this out to all you ppl out there. I completly respect all your belifes and how you belive.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-27 03:23:11

judasm does belive in god but not heaven which is where i stand i dont belive in hell, heaven or sins because they are pointless and they are 95% why there are so many people in these religons. if i had to choose if there was a heaven or a hell i wouldnt make either at all becuase then people are just gonna join just to get in "heaven".

Response to NG Church 2005-01-27 16:26:50

At 1/26/05 08:34 PM, Tal-con wrote:
At 1/26/05 08:15 PM, Frencher wrote: i was wondering wether th NG Church was a Catholic church or and any thing church?
It really pisses me off to hear Catholics tell me I'm gonna burn in Hell for not accepting the mother of God, even though she's only mentioned 8 times in the whole Bible, and most of the times her name isn't even mentioned, she's just reffered to as "Jesus' mother".

being a Catholic, that also pisses me off. THe ones who think Mary is the mother of God are strict ahderents to old, dead laws passed by the Papal State. Mary was not God or his mother, but she was divine and sinless. She does not need to be accepted in order to live eternal life, but she should be revered for raising the Son of God. When catholics say the hail mary, they really are praying to God to help them out, just like regular prayers. Saints are prayed to because we believe they can petition to God for His aid.
But enough about a single church. We are Christians, and are brothers, and in the end, it won't come down to the faction you worshipped, all that matters is our devotion to God and our earthly actions.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-28 16:51:34

There are a few things I want to change about Jack's idea. We'll have the three types that he menationd, but there will be one more type. We'll call these people Guides. Guides will both post sermons and answer questions.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-28 22:00:29

At 1/27/05 04:26 PM, -trex- wrote:
all that matters is our devotion to God and our earthly actions.

Just keeping in mind that your earthly actions wont save you. Only the work of Jesus on the cross can save you. If I could be saved by my goods... Then that would mean the Jesus died for everyone but me.

-Blessings

Response to NG Church 2005-01-28 23:35:03

At 1/26/05 08:54 PM, Frencher wrote: i have no problems with chritianity there is only on thing that really pisses me of and that is THE TRINITY. Why cant ppl just accept the fact that Jesus is MAYBE just any human, NO they have to make a big fuss about how he is human but divine.

Jesus was just a human. And haven't u heard the story about the angel telling mary about her baby and how he wasnt going to be ANY human? if u havent then u need to read the bible more. and he was an example to all humans of how we should live.

But then is he more human that divine or the other way?

...what..?

who knows? and what if he was merly a prophet sent by God to gide the human race? and that god resurected him so that he
could finish his task!

he was......and..God didnt have a "task" to finnish but he wanted to teach us the way we should live. he sent him as an example.

Have any of you ever thought that God might not
have wanted to have Jesus as an equal but as a son of God

God can do anything he wants...he doesnt make mistakes and there not equal.....exactly..and Jesus is the son of God.

I do remind you all that we are the sons and daughters of God
(acording to the Adem and Eve theory, wich i strongly repulse). and it is for these reason that if i start beliving in God again ill
become a Muslim! for them Jesus is JUST a prophet send by
God, and the new testament i do remind is just the story of
Jesus live retold by 4 ppl that worship him so not a very neutral
point of view so i do consider it mostly rubish.

4 PEOPLE?!?!?! wth? what bible r u reading from?!

Response to NG Church 2005-01-29 00:58:19

oh another thing that is stupid.

The Cross

the cross has no importance, alot of people where hanged on the cross in that day so its not really important if jesus was.

also for some people who dont know this.
the romans killed jesus not the jews they just hated him and judas sold him to the romans.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-29 14:41:40

I don't know... force of habit? Actually, I don't even confess, but I find church very important and most Christians go to church, not only Catholics :-)

At 1/25/05 08:46 PM, Tal-con wrote: An e-mail i got from Cap'n Jack (I'd e-mail him back but this is much easier for me)

It was pointless to post that here, but cool, my cowboy picture is secksier though :-P

i would love to be a teacher, over a preacher, anyday. Sign me up !!

Great, you're the first person who even volunteered to do anything... I hope other people want to too because I know there are people who would do a good job.

At 1/26/05 07:33 PM, -trex- wrote:

Like you... definitely you. I've never seen you before but it'd be good to have you here.

At 1/26/05 08:04 PM, corupthamster1 wrote: i havent been posting lately cus ive been really busy but i would like to be a preacher for a once a week sermon :) and ill try to post often.

Okay, but you don't need to do one once a week. If we get four, it's once a month for each. Divides the work up and keeps things simple.

At 1/26/05 08:15 PM, Frencher wrote: i was wondering wether th NG Church was a Catholic church or and any thing church?

Non-denominational.

NG Mosque!!!!!!LOL

Whatever floats your boat.

At 1/26/05 08:34 PM, Tal-con wrote: It really pisses me off to hear Catholics tell me I'm gonna burn in Hell for not accepting the mother of God, even though she's only mentioned 8 times in the whole Bible, and most of the times her name isn't even mentioned, she's just reffered to as "Jesus' mother".

Those aren't real Catholic's anyway, Catholicism is not about Mary, although she is considered the "saintliest" of saints, and the purest of women. These are from other, post-Bible occurences, however. At least I think they are, because I've seen enough reason out of the Bible to beleive that.

i actually have no problem with Catholics in general

I don't even know what a Methodist is, but I do have one problem with them. Isn't Dubya a Methodist? :S

I'm in a rush, so I can't reply to the other posts, even though I feel the need to reply to some of them...I'll have to get back to this later, and I think we need a little update on this whole preacher/teacher/guide idea.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-29 14:43:30

I don't know... force of habit? Actually, I don't even confess, but I find church very important and most Christians go to church, not only Catholics :-)

At 1/25/05 08:46 PM, Tal-con wrote: An e-mail i got from Cap'n Jack (I'd e-mail him back but this is much easier for me)

It was pointless to post that here, but cool, my cowboy picture is secksier though :-P

i would love to be a teacher, over a preacher, anyday. Sign me up !!

Great, you're the first person who even volunteered to do anything... I hope other people want to too because I know there are people who would do a good job.

At 1/26/05 07:33 PM, -trex- wrote:

Like you... definitely you. I've never seen you before but it'd be good to have you here.

At 1/26/05 08:04 PM, corupthamster1 wrote: i havent been posting lately cus ive been really busy but i would like to be a preacher for a once a week sermon :) and ill try to post often.

Okay, but you don't need to do one once a week. If we get four preachers, it's once a month for each. Divides the work up and keeps things simple.

Non-denominational.

NG Mosque!!!!!!LOL

Whatever floats your boat.

At 1/26/05 08:34 PM, Tal-con wrote: It really pisses me off to hear Catholics tell me I'm gonna burn in Hell for not accepting the mother of God, even though she's only mentioned 8 times in the whole Bible, and most of the times her name isn't even mentioned, she's just reffered to as "Jesus' mother".

Those aren't real Catholic's anyway, Catholicism is not about Mary, although she is considered the "saintliest" of saints, and the purest of women. These are from other, post-Bible occurences, however. At least I think they are, because I've seen enough reason out of the Bible to beleive that.

i actually have no problem with Catholics in general

I don't even know what a Methodist is, but I do have one problem with them. Isn't Dubya a Methodist? :S

I'm in a rush, so I can't reply to the other posts, even though I feel the need to reply to some of them...I'll have to get back to this later, and I think we need a little update on this whole preacher/teacher/guide idea.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-29 14:46:01

:-O :-O :-O

How did the same message post twice?? :O stupid internet...

Response to NG Church 2005-01-30 00:09:27

At 1/26/05 08:54 PM, Frencher wrote: i have no problems with chritianity there is only on thing that really pisses me of and that is THE TRINITY.

Seemingly, by skimming through all that you wrote, that is not true and there are many things that piss you off about Christianity.

Why cant ppl just accept the fact that Jesus is MAYBE just any human, NO they have to make a big fuss about how he is human but divine.

We possibly cannot accept your assumed "fact", because the Bible states otherwise and we find the Bible a much more worthy source than you.

But then is he more human that divine or the other way?

No, think of Him as God's incarnation in human form. The humanity does not take away from His divinity, for He could do all things, but He chose to live, breathe and die as a human being. After that He rose from the dead, which is the foundation of our faith and proof of His divinity.

who knows?

I do, as far as beleif can take me. So do all the people who lived in that time. If you can tell me you know Hitler killed millions of Jews and Native Indians inhabited North America before the white settlers came and slaughtered them, then I can tell you that I know Jesus existed and He was the Son of God, He was crucified, died and resurrected.

and what if he was merly a prophet sent by God to gide the human race?

Impossible. If He were a prophet He was not sent by God for He speaks of His own divinity and God would not send down a liar. Read the Bible, your claims are absurd.

and that god resurected him so that he could finish his task!

My, oh my, how blind are you? That would be like me stuffing a purple paper in your face and you closing your eyes but screaming "Maybe it's not really purple but its blue, because I've never seen purple before but I can beleive blue exists!" Open your eyes and you'll realize purple is true. Open your eyes and you'll realize Jesus is true.

Have any of you ever thought that God might not have wanted to have Jesus as an equal but as a son of God and I do remind you all that we are the sons and daughters of God (acording to the Adem and Eve theory, wich i strongly repulse).

Jesus is God.

and it is for these reason that if i start beliving in God again ill become a Muslim!

Okay, they're nice people. You could be a Jew too, but they wouldn't accept you.

for them Jesus is JUST a prophet send by God, and the new testament i do remind is just the story of Jesus live retold by 4 ppl that worship him so not a very neutral point of view so i do consider it mostly rubish.

Jesus was the cause of a major revolution and caused many people to become Christians, especially after His resurrection. The New Testament is not the story of Jesus written by four different people. The four main gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written probably after the death of many apostles, and I do not think the apostles wrote them, but gave accounts to others to write them. However, even if what you said was true, all four are the same account of Jesus Christ . That alone gives reason for its validity. If I'm wrong, please show me evidence.

As for the Koran is suposed to be dirrectly form God , isnt much better either. JUST ONE MORE THING JEWISH, CHRISTANCE, AND MUSLIMS ALL BELIVE IN THE SAME GOD. many ppl forget that!!!

I do not forget that. Yet you're forgetting something essential, we all believe in different versions of the same God.

P.S. Dont get me wrong ppl im baptised and i did my first communion but at this moment the only thing i belive in is my self!!!

Even you are too spectacular to not have been created.

im not descriminating any one or saying your religion is bad or good im just pointing this out to all you ppl out there. I completly respect all your belifes and how you belive.

Much appreciated for your pointing things with your own speculation and not giving us even the slightest reason to believe you.

At 1/28/05 10:00 PM, inevitability wrote: Just keeping in mind that your earthly actions wont save you.

You're right, but righteousness in God's eyes should be able to save you as well. Jesus will abolish your sin, but how about before Him? What I have understood is this: You will be judged fairly for all your deeds if you have no faith in Jesus, but if your faith is true, He will abolish your sin.

At 1/29/05 12:58 AM, genome1 wrote: the cross has no importance, alot of people where hanged on the cross in that day so its not really important if jesus was.

You do not grasp the concept of symbolism? There are Christian denominations that would agree with you, but wearing the crucifix is a reminder that Jesus Christ died to save us from our sins. It's a physical reminder of His love for us, therefore I do not see the stupidity of it.

also for some people who dont know this.
the romans killed jesus not the jews they just hated him and judas sold him to the romans.

The romans killed Jesus, because of the Jewish priests and those who were threatened by Jesus's teachings.

Response to NG Church 2005-01-31 19:50:58

At 1/28/05 11:35 PM, Draciel56 wrote: Jesus was just a human. And haven't u heard the story about the angel telling mary about her baby and how he wasnt going to be ANY human? if u havent then u need to read the bible more. and he was an example to all humans of how we should live.

thats not what christaince think!!!!!!!!! christance think that jesus is half divine and half human that why there where so many "heresies" when christanism was just aproved as the main religion of the roman impier by Augustus

Have any of you ever thought that God might not
have wanted to have Jesus as an equal but as a son of God
God can do anything he wants...he doesnt make mistakes and there not equal.....exactly..and Jesus is the son of God.

i never said God maid a mistake im just talking of the aroganse of man towards belief. God might be all powerful but man still has the power to think what he wants and there for change what God set out to do no one can contradict God but ppl can misentirpret what he asks from use!!!!!!

I do remind you all that we are the sons and daughters of God
(acording to the Adem and Eve theory, wich i strongly repulse). and it is for these reason that if i start beliving in God again ill
become a Muslim! for them Jesus is JUST a prophet send by
God, and the new testament i do remind is just the story of
Jesus live retold by 4 ppl that worship him so not a very neutral
point of view so i do consider it mostly rubish.
4 PEOPLE?!?!?! wth? what bible r u reading from?!

there are four evangilist if YOU DONT KNOW THAT then really go back and study the BIBLE hard my friend real hard!!!!!!

Response to NG Church 2005-01-31 20:02:26

any ways religion can be debated about for hours on end and nothing will prevail from it in the end so i will just give up now so that this shit doesnt turn into a flamming contest. but still you put out ur points i dont nececarely aprove of them but that i supposed you dont care.
just one thing if i can not redime myself for my earthly actions does that also mean that i cannot be dambed for my earthly actions??? that would make logical sense!!!!! but then is god logical?
THERE IS JUST ONE MORE THING: i think the ideas of saints is bullshit, just like the idea of a POPE. popes used to have FUCKING FAMILIES and have kids (wich implies that they ruted). and that should be contrary to the fact that that guy was chosen by GOD the POPE was chosen by a bunch of greedy assholes that want more money!!!(this might not be the case nowadays but that what it was back then!!!!)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-01 07:04:48

THERE IS JUST ONE MORE THING: i think the ideas of saints is bullshit, just like the idea of a POPE. popes used to have FUCKING FAMILIES and have kids (wich implies that they ruted). and that should be contrary to the fact that that guy was chosen by GOD the POPE was chosen by a bunch of greedy assholes that want more money!!!(this might not be the case nowadays but that what it was back then!!!!)

Jesus left Peter to be the leader of his church after he departed from the Earth. Peter was the first Pope, and he made a line of Popes. As you already said, choosing the Pope for money was the case back then, and is not the case nowadays.

Saints are just honored sinners. Don't people who do works of good deserve honor?

Response to NG Church 2005-02-01 07:51:15

LOL RELIGION!!
Religion is serious buisness!

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to NG Church 2005-02-01 21:38:26

At 1/31/05 08:02 PM, Frencher wrote: any ways religion can be debated about for hours on end and nothing will prevail from it in the end so i will just give up now so that this shit doesnt turn into a flamming contest.

I also would rather not debate with you on this topic, however, if I were to debate I would prefer decent arguments, and not the nonsensical garbage you're spewing out.

just one thing if i can not redime myself for my earthly actions does that also mean that i cannot be dambed for my earthly actions??? that would make logical sense!!!!! but then is god logical?

Obviously you know absolutely nothing about Christianity. Of course you can be redeemed... through Jesus Christ! For God loved the world so much that He sent His only Son to save our souls. I see logic in that, and maybe there are things about God that go beyond your scope of logic, but could you, a mere creation, speak back to your Creator? That would be arrogant.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-01 22:12:07

it might be arogant but if im a mear creation. i was made to Gods image, there for if i can be arogant that means God is also arogant, this giving me the right to be arogant also!!!!
I think theology is bull... but if you cant accept that then your not being tolarent and there for not following one of the main ideas of christanity!!!!! i believe in science and thought it doesnt have answer to every thing it give a more rational view of the world and life
P.S. guys stay cool this is just an argument(spell???)

Response to NG Church 2005-02-02 01:50:16

Okay, first of all Frencher, I literally just wrote the words before you did, yet you can't seem to spell things right, even when you can see them. So, in honour of Tal-Con.

At 2/1/05 10:12 PM, Frencher wrote: It might be arrogant but if I'm a mere creation, I was made in God's image. Therefore, if I can be arrogant that means God is also arrogant, thus giving me the right to be arrogant also!!!

Nice try, but alas sir, you have failed. God made you in His image - the image that He wanted you to be - and your Creator gave you free will. This means yes, you can act arrogant, and you may even become arrogant, but falling into sinful and ignorant ways is in no way related to God. He is opposite of that, yet He gives you the choice to disobey Him; otherwise He'd be nothing more than a dictator.

And I'm sick of trying to correct what you wrote, which you obviously put zero effort into.

I think theology is bull... but if you cant accept that then your not being tolarent and there for not following one of the main ideas of christanity!!!!!

Do not speak like you know anything about Christianity. Tolerance has nothing to do with Christianity. Loving your neighbour does not mean that you have to be tolerant of their actions. In fact, you will rebuke those you love for doing wrong things!

i believe in science and thought

As do I (strongly).

it doesnt have answer to every thing it give a more rational view of the world and life

More than what? Science can easily be used to disprove the athiestic approach to the Universe and prove the one of God. I can back that up with at least three sources easily, if you wish.

P.S. guys stay cool this is just an argument(spell???)

To my knowledge, you are not being flamed nor will you be in this thread.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-02 02:08:43

Church is a bunch of crap and lies,you're wasting your time

Response to NG Church 2005-02-02 02:27:50

At 2/2/05 02:08 AM, Shadowedfigure wrote: Church is a bunch of crap and lies,you're wasting your time

I agree with the noob that tried to start the goth club.
Just goes to show how much I hate this club.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to NG Church 2005-02-02 06:15:31

At 2/2/05 02:27 AM, Enoll wrote:
At 2/2/05 02:08 AM, Shadowedfigure wrote: Church is a bunch of crap and lies,you're wasting your time

go die, see what happens, and then decide (<<not encouraging u)

I agree with the noob that tried to start the goth club.
Just goes to show how much I hate this club.

u say u hate it.....though......i see ur name pop up about every 2 pages o_O!

oh and Frencher (i dont feel like quoting) u never said 4 evangelists u just said 4 people that made the new testement

and to the rest of the "church" or w.e ud relaly call it. sry if some of my post dont seem really......uh....whats the word....well thought through...? well yeah....just cus i dunno...guess i just wing it. and i get really confused when i try to understand what i just say o_O. so yeah sry bout that

Response to NG Church 2005-02-02 23:30:08

At 1/31/05 08:02 PM, Frencher wrote: just one thing if i can not redime myself for my earthly actions does that also mean that i cannot be dambed for my earthly actions??? that would make logical sense!!!!! but then is god logical?

Seriously dude, have you even heard of Jesus? Accepting Him into your heart redemeds all sins.

THERE IS JUST ONE MORE THING: i think the ideas of saints is bullshit, just like the idea of a POPE. popes used to have FUCKING FAMILIES and have kids (wich implies that they ruted).

Thats true, Jesus never said that Popes or preists couldnt have sex. It was another Pope that made that law.

Response to NG Church 2005-02-03 08:06:34

i'll join