00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,005,313 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-14 20:14:58

At 4/14/08 08:09 PM, Ghost1124 wrote: So hows the tourney guys? How many matches have been played already? Who looks like is gonna be champion?

So far, we don't know, but if standings determine how thing will go, verycoolguy and Alex are going to the finals. I've played 6 matches so far, with half of my matches wins.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-14 22:35:30

At 4/14/08 03:47 PM, Guitardude wrote: The whole game's been nerfed. So it's only a given that Falco, like Fox, is obviously not as godly as in melee. That said he's not bad in Brawl. He's been Luigified

Well I suppose that's a good thing... though some people will still insist on calling him a "clone"

His Dair this time around is sorta sweet spotted. Falco's calves have to be touching them when you attempted to spike.
So it's not as it was in Melee where you could initiate the spike before you come in contact with them.

Well that will take a bit of getting used to, but I suppose it adds a little more strategy to Falco's game.

With this in mind, go practice a bit in Training mode, against a low level cpu, or even just the sandbag.

I will have to do that...when it finally comes out.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-14 23:16:39

Crap, I was gonna try to play Truth today, got caught up playing I Wanna Be The Guy...

Meh, it's too late now. I'll probably have to wait until Spring Break anyway.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 02:01:26

Hey look who I found today.....Okay, so maybe Deoxys isn't really that rare, but the other two are. That was cool, Celebi just dropping random trophies.

Reaction to Manaphy:
"Oh, cool, I got him."
"Is he going to do something?"
"WTF??!!"
"AAH, GIMME BACK MY BODY!!!!"

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 05:00:48

I was thinking about being part of the tourney but I don't think I have time right now, being that I'd have to keep pretty updated with the standings and who I have to play next : /

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 15:27:24

At 4/14/08 10:20 AM, Truth wrote:
At 4/13/08 10:17 PM, ironraven24 wrote: so has the tourny started yet?
Yes it has already begun. the current standings look something like this:

Cool chart. I have to make some planter boxes for my mom and then I have work at 6 to 10pm. So in other words I probably won't be on.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 16:42:54

At 4/15/08 05:00 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I was thinking about being part of the tourney but I don't think I have time right now, being that I'd have to keep pretty updated with the standings and who I have to play next : /

Agreed.

With all of this and the factors of latency issues, discrepancy in rules (such as items on or off and allowed stages and much more), and a lack of communication, to me it doesn't feel like a real tournament atmosphere, and as if I couldn't get a real grasp of people's overall skill level.'

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 16:49:54

At 4/15/08 04:42 PM, Guitardude wrote: With all of this and the factors of latency issues, discrepancy in rules (such as items on or off and allowed stages and much more), and a lack of communication, to me it doesn't feel like a real tournament atmosphere, and as if I couldn't get a real grasp of people's overall skill level.'

It's really not as bad as it seems. Just send a PM, open a room, wait until they get on, and report the results.

It's actually gone better than I anticipated...

Has verycoolguy lost a match yet? I'm getting rather flustered over the fact that he hasn't lost yet. >_<

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:06:57

At 4/15/08 04:49 PM, AlexJS wrote:

Has verycoolguy lost a match yet? I'm getting rather flustered over the fact that he hasn't lost yet. >_<

Yeah, he's the only one I've played, next time we have a tourney, I'm playing everyone but him.lol. and no, he hasn't lost a match yet.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:10:29

At 4/15/08 03:27 PM, Crashman wrote:
Yes it has already begun. the current standings look something like this:
Cool chart. I have to make some planter boxes for my mom and then I have work at 6 to 10pm. So in other words I probably won't be on.

AlexJS will probably post the real updated spreadsheet later. right?

At 4/15/08 04:42 PM, Guitardude wrote:
At 4/15/08 05:00 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I was thinking about being part of the tourney but I don't think I have time right now, being that I'd have to keep pretty updated with the standings and who I have to play next : /
With all of this and the factors of latency issues, discrepancy in rules (such as items on or off and allowed stages and much more), and a lack of communication, to me it doesn't feel like a real tournament atmosphere, and as if I couldn't get a real grasp of people's overall skill level.'

It's the best Brawl online can offer, as for stages, which levels would you prefer for a tournament?

At 4/15/08 05:06 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 4/15/08 04:49 PM, AlexJS wrote: Has verycoolguy lost a match yet? I'm getting rather flustered over the fact that he hasn't lost yet. >_<
Yeah, he's the only one I've played, next time we have a tourney, I'm playing everyone but him.lol. and no, he hasn't lost a match yet.

I came so close to beating his G&W while i used Snake

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:11:32

At 4/15/08 05:06 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Yeah, he's the only one I've played, next time we have a tourney, I'm playing everyone but him.lol. and no, he hasn't lost a match yet.

Dammit, not cool. I wonder if he'll have a rematch with me...

Oh, I'm sorta busy this week, for those of you who care. I can't really have any matches until Saturday.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:15:30

What is spiking? As in an attack can sometimes spike.

I think I have a slight clue to what it is.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:26:24

At 4/15/08 05:15 PM, Legionnaire-X wrote: What is spiking? As in an attack can sometimes spike.

Spike = move that sends them flying fast, most of the time the opponent can't recover.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 17:33:41

At 4/15/08 05:26 PM, Robotussin wrote:
At 4/15/08 05:15 PM, Legionnaire-X wrote: What is spiking? As in an attack can sometimes spike.

Spike = move that sends them flying fast, most of the time the opponent can't recover.

More specifically, an attack that sends the target straight down, also known as a Meteor Smash.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 19:18:58

my Brawl code is 4811-6621-7688
everybody here add me and pm me your code, and tell me when we can fight
i am itching to kick some Brawl ass!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 19:41:41

At 4/15/08 07:18 PM, Retartedanimalzoo wrote: my Brawl code is 4811-6621-7688

We've all seen what ROB looks like. Why do people insist on waltzing in here and posting a picture of a character like we've never seen it before? I guess that's because we don't have a full list of rules on the front page.

</short rant>

And I've freed up some time for today, so register me, and I'll teach you to storm in here and challenge anyone. >=3
3050-7256-3314

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 20:14:26

At 4/15/08 07:41 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 4/15/08 07:18 PM, Retartedanimalzoo wrote: my Brawl code is 4811-6621-7688
We've all seen what ROB looks like. Why do people insist on waltzing in here and posting a picture of a character like we've never seen it before? I guess that's because we don't have a full list of rules on the front page.
</short rant>

I think they just want to bring attention to their posts.

And I've freed up some time for today, so register me, and I'll teach you to storm in here and challenge anyone. >=3
3050-7256-3314

How do you plan to do that Alex... I need to battle you one on one some time this weekend. The last time we battled doesn't count because it was with four players.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 20:29:59

At 4/15/08 05:33 PM, AlexJS wrote: More specifically, an attack that sends the target straight down, also known as a Meteor Smash.

not quite- a meteor smash can be cancelled. examples- falcon and ganon's stomp in melee. spikes cannot be cancelled, so they will kill unless at a very low percent. examples- falcos dair and marth's dair (tipped) in melee

I believe marth still has his spike property in brawl

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 20:48:39

At 4/15/08 08:14 PM, ramun-flame wrote: How do you plan to do that Alex... I need to battle you one on one some time this weekend. The last time we battled doesn't count because it was with four players.

Oh right...
I guess I don't have any time then. XP

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 21:14:01

Hey guys anyone wanna brawl? I might host a match soon so add me if you wanna brawl or haven't already.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-15 23:04:00

There are gonna be more tourneys right?
Anyways...I wanna fight this verycoolguy....see if I have any chance
Oh and Alex...whenever you have some time wanna give me your friend code so we can have a friendly brawl? You seem to be pretty good...and you seem to know stuff about Mario and how to use him well

Btw.....I got my Wii taken away 3 times in little less than a month...how does that work?

All Hail Shadow!

His World!!!

The Worlds Greatest Hedgehogs....Sonic&Shadow

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 01:25:58

At 4/15/08 08:29 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 4/15/08 05:33 PM, AlexJS wrote: More specifically, an attack that sends the target straight down, also known as a Meteor Smash.
not quite- a meteor smash can be cancelled. examples- falcon and ganon's stomp in melee. spikes cannot be cancelled, so they will kill unless at a very low percent. examples- falcos dair and marth's dair (tipped) in melee

You know, I actually heard a report from Mew2king that he metor canceled it once in a match.

Lamesuace.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 07:58:10

At 4/15/08 11:04 PM, CrAzYfOrAtReYu wrote: There are gonna be more tourneys right?

Yeah, why? You thought we'd only have 1?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 12:37:16

At 4/16/08 01:25 AM, Guitardude wrote:
At 4/15/08 08:29 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:

You know, I actually heard a report from Mew2king that he metor canceled it once in a match.

Lamesuace.

By 'cancel' do you mean recovering from a Meteor Smash? If so, I've seen it done in Melee, but not yet in Brawl. I don't have any experience since nobody's meteor smashed me yet, so I can't try but a computer Jigglypuff cancelled my Ganondorf's DA smash once. Repeatedly.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 16:06:50

At 4/16/08 12:37 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: By 'cancel' do you mean recovering from a Meteor Smash? If so, I've seen it done in Melee, but not yet in Brawl. I don't have any experience since nobody's meteor smashed me yet, so I can't try but a computer Jigglypuff cancelled my Ganondorf's DA smash once. Repeatedly.

Yeah Meteor canceling is when a character is meteor smashed by somehting like Mario's fist or Samus's Dair but the smahsed opponent presses 'jump' or 'up B' at a precise moment to cancel their movement downwards 100% completly. Spikes in Melee did not have this benefit to them. Seeing as I don't play brawl much, I haven't seen or ran any tests on it. In melee, however, i'd see lvl 9 cpus do it all the time.

Yeah it's more easy to do it with Jiggs or Kirby beacause of their multiple jumps.

At 4/16/08 01:35 PM, risbolla wrote: I'm still kind of curious why Falco's dair wouldn't yield the meteor smash bonuses when used, though.

You mean as to why it's been changed so that half the time it doesn't spike? For balance issues. Seeing as he's no longer a fast faller, even I must agree that making his spike harder to use is actually a fair decision.

Now you have to be touching them at a percise position when initiating his Dair spike.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 16:09:43

At 4/16/08 01:35 PM, risbolla wrote: I'm still kind of curious why Falco's dair wouldn't yield the meteor smash bonuses when used, though.

There are no bonuses in Brawl, they've all been removed, for the exception of Classic and All-Star bonuses.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 16:53:22

I've been thinking about characters and R.O.B. has stuck out.

He has a powerful projectile move.
He can make a powerful item.
He can reflect projectiles.
He has argueably the best recovery in the game.(It's most versitile and easier to control than pit's)

So those are just his specials. Don't get me started on his smashes, grabs, and air moves.(Like his down smash, up grab, and dair)

Now he's not the fastest character, but he doesn't need to be. He is equiped for any situation.

On another note, I've tried playing with the wiimote and nunchuck and it's so much fun. If you haven't tried it do so now. I wouldn't use it in a touny, but it can be fun.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 17:03:35

I'm liking your sig, raumun.

That's what I call a match.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 17:18:04

At 4/16/08 05:03 PM, Guitardude wrote: I'm liking your sig, raumun.

That's what I call a match.

Thanks, I love one on one matches. It's matches like those that help me hone my skills.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-04-16 17:24:50

At 4/16/08 04:53 PM, ramun-flame wrote: I've been thinking about characters and R.O.B. has stuck out.

He has a powerful projectile move.
He can make a powerful item.
He can reflect projectiles.
He has argueably the best recovery in the game.(It's most versitile and easier to control than pit's)

So those are just his specials. Don't get me started on his smashes, grabs, and air moves.(Like his down smash, up grab, and dair)

Now he's not the fastest character, but he doesn't need to be. He is equiped for any situation.

Exactly. That's why he's one of my best. With him I was able to beat Boss Mode on Very Hard, a feat that I have not yet accomplished with any of my other fighters. Pretty good time too, 8:00 16 (8 min. 16....milliseconds?)