00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stringbeanmachine just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,714 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 13:17:43

At 1/21/07 07:46 PM, Satanic-Samurai wrote::

Akula-

Im excited PRIDE is coming to the US! I prefer PRIDE to UFC because it allows more violent and realistic moves....but UFC has a lot of American MMA fighters that I know. Is there one that you prefer and why?

I don't really follow UFC so I can't say. Of course I know of the likes of Coleman, Baroni, Randleman, Goodridge (who is Canadian if I am correct.) and Herring but they are all PRIDE fighters.

Also don't get too excited. Last time (Pride 32 the real deal) PRIDE was held in Las Vegas the Nevada state commission changed the rules to suit American standards. For instance; knee strikes to the head while the opponent is down on all hands and legs were forbidden. So that just proves it that they change rules.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 13:21:47

O_o

Are those real fights, or movies?

What is Undisputed? I've never heard of it.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 13:29:51

At 1/22/07 01:21 PM, Fremen wrote: O_o

Are those real fights, or movies?

Movie fights. I don't think anyone can survive that long in a ring and that all of those punches IRL. Apart from that, don't you think the cinematics are too good for a real fight?

Black dude: Michael Jai white (In the movie an ex- world champion boxer)
Russian guy: Scott Adkins. Kickboxing master/ Tae Kwan Do master/ gymnast. And I can see he knows some streetfighting to. (Here he plays Uri Boyka, champion of the prison)

What is Undisputed? I've never heard of it.

A movie. Check IMDB for it. This is Undisputed 2.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 14:07:27

At 1/22/07 01:29 PM, Akula wrote: A movie. Check IMDB for it. This is Undisputed 2.

Whats IMBD?

Is it on Youtube? Cuz I could just watch it there if it is....also, I have Netflix, so if I feel like watching it whenever I can....It sounds interesting, I'll definitely watch it.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 14:37:45

At 1/22/07 02:07 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 1/22/07 01:29 PM, Akula wrote: A movie. Check IMDB for it. This is Undisputed 2.
Whats IMBD?

www.imdb.com

The Internet Movie Database'

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-22 21:12:03

At 1/22/07 01:17 PM, Akula wrote: At 1/21/07 07:46 PM, Satanic-Samurai wrote::
Akula-

Im excited PRIDE is coming to the US! I prefer PRIDE to UFC because it allows more violent and realistic moves....but UFC has a lot of American MMA fighters that I know. Is there one that you prefer and why?
I don't really follow UFC so I can't say. Of course I know of the likes of Coleman, Baroni, Randleman, Goodridge (who is Canadian if I am correct.) and Herring but they are all PRIDE fighters.

Also don't get too excited. Last time (Pride 32 the real deal) PRIDE was held in Las Vegas the Nevada state commission changed the rules to suit American standards. For instance; knee strikes to the head while the opponent is down on all hands and legs were forbidden. So that just proves it that they change rules.

Ehh...see I follow UFC. Ive only seen about a dozen PRIDE fights, my UFC viewing collection is a little more impressive. Georges St. Pierre (Canada), Tito Ortiz (USA), and Forrest Griffin (Atlanta, GA, USA) are my favorite fighters. Griffin trains at a gym two blocks from my old house. Its going to suck if they have to change to American guidelines, the extra violence is the only reason I watched the few PRIDE fights that I did. Oh well....

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-23 17:04:51

"I feel a little left out, we don't really follow UFC, PRIDE, or any of that, and since we go almost everywhere together in a group (often with other aquaintences as well) we don't get any real fights either. In fact, the only real fights we get are the bum fights I bet on behind the Bloated Stoat, our local pub...um forget all of that."

-The brother Me

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-23 20:18:25

At 1/21/07 07:46 PM, Satanic-Samurai wrote: You guys might want to consider laying down some ground rules on that sort of thing.

I actually may suggest a revision of the school rules to include proper hygene. One of the rules is to always wear a clean uniform but there's nothing in there (yet) about bathing regularly.

Hes a grown fucking man- He should know better.

Yeah he is, he's in his mid 20s or something (not entirely sure), he's older than I am for crying out loud (though he looks like he could be 30 something just from lack of health)!

One thing that I have always looked for in a school is the no contract thing. I have joined way too many schools that want you to pay them lots of money for years and you're stuck to that commitment. Love the fact that your school doesnt have that, but it has its down falls. Like the hygene clause.

I've heard the complaints of many people who've had bad experiences with contracts, so I am ever grateful that we don't. I also believe that we've gained a few students because of it.

At 1/23/07 05:04 PM, The-brothers-III wrote: "I feel a little left out, we don't really follow UFC, PRIDE, or any of that,

Yeah, same here. I don't follow any of that, I'm even having a hard time remembering what it all is... It's just not important to me.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-24 20:51:40

At 1/22/07 02:37 PM, Akula wrote:
At 1/22/07 02:07 PM, Fremen wrote:
Whats IMBD?
www.imdb.com

The Internet Movie Database'

Nice. How accurate and up to date is there information? How much do they have? Are they international? DO they have kick-ass, hard to find Martial ARts movies on there?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-24 21:46:36

ThunderboltLegion,
could we 'borrow' (and by borrow, we mean lovingly rip) that banner you have at the bottom of your signature? it'd be a good way to advertise, as we frequent many different boards.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-25 00:49:17

At 1/24/07 09:46 PM, The-brothers-III wrote: ThunderboltLegion,
could we 'borrow' (and by borrow, we mean lovingly rip) that banner you have at the bottom of your signature? it'd be a good way to advertise, as we frequent many different boards.

You are welcome to it :)

However if you would like a signiture designed for you in a similar style, contact Fremen and he'll have it made by another user by the name of Sentinal.

My signiture is taylered to my style with the Tracy's 'T' in the center, as I train and teach at a Tracy's Karate Studio. Were you planning on editing it yourselves?

On a side note, the users: Fremen, Satanic-Samurai and Monocrom all have official club sigs, they're each done a little differently. For the winter months some users opt to have snow put in theirs, like Fremens. But now I'm just blabbering on about nothing perticularly important nor relavant, so I think I'll stop now :P

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-25 13:18:21

For those feeling left out..... don't feel that way. Topics of discussion change often here.

As far as UFC is concerned, I don't enjoy seeing 2 guys beating the shit out of each other with ALMOST no rules......

Just not my thing.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-25 15:25:05

At 1/25/07 12:49 AM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
At 1/24/07 09:46 PM, The-brothers-III wrote:
However if you would like a signiture designed for you in a similar style, contact Fremen and he'll have it made by another user by the name of Sentinal.

Just PM me with the details. Also, I need to know -Sentinel-'s new name, since hte - - things aren't allowed anymore.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-25 15:27:31

Any of you heard of a street based fighting style called Ultimate fight? My friend mentioned about taking it up.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 00:25:32

At 1/25/07 12:49 AM, ThunderboltLegion wrote:
On a side note, the users: Fremen, Satanic-Samurai and Monocrom all have official club sigs, they're each done a little differently. For the winter months some users opt to have snow put in theirs, like Fremens. But now I'm just blabbering on about nothing perticularly important nor relavant, so I think I'll stop now :P

So do I bro 'cept mine is about 2 years older.

Anyways my TKD school is fucking embarassing. We have giant fucking posters everywhere inside the fucking school. You used to be able to see outside and see the sky from the mat and all you can see now is a fucking retarded, napma, cpc, xma, or some stupid dyke pointing at a mirror in street clothes, while her reflection she is in a uniform. I hate walking up to that place cause then people see me go inside.

Also for some reason today I've been day dreaming of getting in a fight for my life against like 3 people or so. Like I punch one dude hard enough right in the chest so it shatters their ribs and the other i kick under the jaw to break their neck. I dunno, guess that is just what happens when you want to spar in a fucking boring ass ITE 151 class.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 06:08:20

To: Fremen-
I think he just took out the dash marks and now spells it as Sentinel.

To: Marsupial-
Generally, any Fighting Art that's advertised as "Ultimate," is usually far from it and a waste of $$$.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 11:39:43

go on them i guess does it inclute stickmen lol

www.stickpage.com is where you should be check it out!

>.< FOR SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA...

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 11:41:18

At 1/26/07 06:08 AM, Monocrom wrote: To: Fremen-
I think he just took out the dash marks and now spells it as Sentinel.

To: Marsupial-
Generally, any Fighting Art that's advertised as "Ultimate," is usually far from it and a waste of $$$.

That's what I thought when I heard about it. Bottles and skinheads...

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 16:39:34

At 1/26/07 11:39 AM, matt2k7 wrote: go on them i guess does it inclute stickmen lol

???

Is he a member?

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 18:46:56

At 1/26/07 11:39 AM, matt2k7 wrote: go on them i guess does it inclute stickmen lol

wtf?

DSM-

So what exactly is your definition of dyke?

About the "Ultimate fighting"-

Are they advertising MMA/UFC or some kind of no holds barred sparring club? Ultimate fighting could mean a number of things. Either way it does sound like a waste of money and time.

In other news-

I have the day off....which means I am bored and have nothing to do. Ugh I hate days like this. Im going running....

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 18:52:44

At 1/26/07 06:46 PM, Satanic-Samurai wrote: I have the day off....which means I am bored and have nothing to do. Ugh I hate days like this. Im going running....

Lol. Help me with the SATs....

I have to take those tomorrow.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 19:47:09

At 1/26/07 04:39 PM, Fremen wrote:
???

Is he a member?

Nope! ...... Random Spammer. Just ignore his worthless ass and he'll go away.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 20:01:56

Wow...i haven't been here in ages, what's been going on since i left two hundred or so pages ago? Anything big? Something i should care about?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 20:20:25

At 1/26/07 08:01 PM, BigLundi wrote: Wow...i haven't been here in ages, what's been going on since i left two hundred or so pages ago? Anything big? Something i should care about?

Not 200. I remember you from when I first came here. It was definitely not 200 pgs.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 20:26:25

At 1/26/07 08:20 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 1/26/07 08:01 PM, BigLundi wrote: Wow...i haven't been here in ages, what's been going on since i left two hundred or so pages ago? Anything big? Something i should care about?
Not 200. I remember you from when I first came here. It was definitely not 200 pgs.

I first joined around page 50, then left, then came back after many many pages for a few pages, then left again. I've been around almost 200 pages.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 21:21:45

Wednesday was quite possibly the most awesome training day of my life. An ctual master from japan came into the dojo to teach the class can't quite remember his rank in kendo (either ninth or tenth).

The guy was a machine I've never seen such fencing. He beat not only every student but the sensei aswell, he's apparantly giving a seminar in nottingham next wednesday. Should I give into temptation and go?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 22:26:35

Gonna stick around this time, Lundi? :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 22:50:09

At 1/21/07 08:27 PM, Fremen wrote: Do you ever think that you might try to do UFC or PRIDEFC??

I do, but not any time soon. I'm picking up the grappling aspect of things pretty quickly, but I'm still pretty shitty at it. In about a year or so I think I'd be able to at least hold my own there, but not right now, it's a very differnt type of fighting than what I'm used to.

I now have internet access at home. Yay. Soon I'll be getting my own computer in my room, since my old one decided to fry the very day that our connection was hooked up, and at that point I'll be on 100% regularly.

Satan:
The head instructor of my school, Billy, has much of his experience in Sambo and he's certified to teach it. From what I gather it's a very effective art, and fun as hell too.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 23:05:16

Members continue to come and go... and there was a flock of seaguls! :)

yeah, that exciting :P

Welcome back, hope you stick around for longer this time.

----------

Havoc:

In a word, yes!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2007-01-26 23:24:04

At 1/26/07 10:26 PM, Monocrom wrote: Gonna stick around this time, Lundi? :)

Depends on how i feel, and what the main discussions are like. If everyone's still making 5 paragraph posts, i'm leaving. I can't fucking follow everything when everyone is typing so much gibberish.