00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

419,971 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 13:57:05

At 7/8/06 12:42 PM, tkd93champ wrote: Iv used bow staff, swords (2), knunchucks, escreema sticks.

If u use or know about any other weapons post back.

I've used and trained in all of those weapons except the swords...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 14:41:57

fremen: its a good site, but im not giving it the best recomendations.. last time i ordered something there it came about 3 or 4 months late...

to use the kyosetsu, you use the knife like a knife. you dont throw it or whip, you hold onto the knife. usually you'll justy let the hook end hang in your belt, while you tie the guys up with the chain. at least thats just how ive seen it used in class, i havent been taught yet.. and iev seen in a book on japanese arts that a grappling hook (the kyosetsu would wouk too) was used to hook someones ankle and knocked them down.

but from what ive been taught, you just fight with it like a rope to tie and grapple with them, and the knife is a finisher.

diets: ya i said i wasnt the best authority on this subject.. but theres plenty of worse things one can do to their health then soda..

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 15:19:25

Damn! Nearly 2 pages since I last posted. Sorry, but my new job keeps me busy. Just got switched to a cushy new post. (The guy who used to have it, couldn't stop complaining). Okay, here we go!

To: satan -

I joined Bladeforums for 2 reasons: One, to talk to other mature, like-minded folks. Two, to get to chat with Wade about knives; outside of NG. Well, turns out Wade doesn't post that often. (Makes sense, he's too busy with NG). And some of the guys on BF are actually MORE immature than some of the 13 year-olds on NG! Rat Finkenstein has a huge number of posts, mostly because he likes to flame random users for no reason at all, and this pathetic excuse for a human-being also has a CCW permit! ......... A perfect example of how Gun Control laws don't keep guns out of the wrong hands.

Still, BF is the only game in town. And, the only site I know of that's bigger than the NG forums........ I just wish it wouldn't crash as often as it does.

Pistol vs. M.A. -- That's a tough one. You'd have to be one helluva skilled Martial Artist to defeat even an amateur with a pistol. Gun disarms are easier than knife disarms....... but considering that real world knife disarms are nearly impossible to pull off, I guess that's not saying much.

Running away from a Knifer is always best. If he chases you, I recommend a shot to his knee, rather than his balls. A shot to the balls puts your leg too close to his knife-arm.

But OMFG! ........ Who told you that moving in on a knifer is sometimes a good tactic! That shit will get you killed! I wish I could somehow demonstrate what I mean, but there's no such thing as getting too close to a knifer so that you are inside the range of his knife! You can be outside of a knife's range, but a knife is a close-in weapon....... there's no such thing as being inside of it's range! Even if you're noses are touching, a knifer can easily hook his arm behind your back and stab you in the back, while facing you! .......... Please don't rely on the suicidal concept of moving IN on a knifer.

Let's be realistic, you're not going to be carrying that shotgun around outside. Even if you legally could, you ain't carrying it 24 / 7. Your unarmed, Martial Arts skills are the only thing you DO carry with you 24 / 7. Violence is a lot likely to happen to you when you step outside your home. A shotgun is good for home defense, but an intruder -alarm works much better. A shotgun is just one layer of a good home defense plan.

Yup, still working on a good, club symbol. Came up with a couple of ideas that I decided weren't good enough. Should have a finalized design, soon.

"I don't think R.B.S.D. really spars."

Where did you get that from?! R.B.S.D. emphasizes sparring, more than some other Arts do. I don't post about sparring because I've had to put my training on hold, just for a bit. Am interested in finding another Art to put into my bag........ Plus, if I posted about sparring, you know I'd run out of characters! ;)

I know Renaissance Swordsmanship, and I also take Knife Combatives. I'm good with improvised weapons, and modern-day weapons, including handguns.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 15:28:18

At 7/8/06 03:19 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: t3r -

"I don't think R.B.S.D. really spars."

Where did you get that from?! R.B.S.D. emphasizes sparring, more than some other Arts do. I don't post about sparring because I've had to put my training on hold, just for a bit. Am interested in finding another Art to put into my bag........ Plus, if I posted about sparring, you know I'd run out of characters! ;)

i'm sorry, i just have never seen you even use the word spar when describing your teaching/training/classes. in systema (which still seems like the closest thing to R.B.S.D. that i know of) we didn't so much spar, as spar while following loose veins of fight types. rarely would we openly spar one another, and it always ended quickly because systema teaches blunt effectiveness above everything else. i try to drag out my spars because i like to have fun with them, but in systema that wasn't really feasible. i just kind of made the mental link between R.B.S.D. and the kind of sparring where it was oriented on one technique or a group of techniques instead of open practice.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 15:32:54

To: tr3 -

Sparring in R.B.S.D. is done to make sure the student has fully grasped the lesson. Sparring matches can drag on, or be very short. But yes, sparring is very much emphasized. Clearly, more so than in Systema.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 18:14:38

Mono: I was tired, I meant that sometimes, you have to step foward to contour around the person, so it looks like ur moving in....

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 18:28:06

At 7/8/06 02:48 AM, fremen13 wrote:
To Wing-chin people: How would you use those rings on the website? I've been trying to think about it, and the only way the makes sense is to hold it with both hands, then use it as a blocker, but that doesn't make sense since then your hands are tied up and are in a bad position...Please explain....

what rings...can you provide a link to where you found that?

so my knowledge that is not a Wing Chun weapon...the Butterfly Kinves and 9 foot pole are the only weapons Wing Chun has...so it must be an addapted weapon someone has added to the system themselves...but it's not a traditional WC weapon....

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 18:40:48

To: fr13 -

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

If you ever want a good set of Butterfly swords, without making your wallet cry, check out the link.

Click ==> http://www.themartia../butterflyhanwei.htm

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 18:44:59

At 7/8/06 06:40 PM, Monocrom wrote:
To: f0x -

If you ever want a good set of Butterfly swords, without making your wallet cry, check out the link.

nice..they look very stylish and good quality...

the ones we use are wider...they must be able to grab a hold of pole weapons and lop wrists off XD!!! fun stuff... : )

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 18:58:01

To: f0x -

Yeah, Hanwei makes user-grade swords. (Most other places make either unsharpened, cheap-ass wallhangers or really high-end quality swords, that are about the price of a nice used car).

LOL ........ You have a strange concept of "fun." XD

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 19:13:45

At 7/8/06 06:58 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: f0x -

Yeah, Hanwei makes user-grade swords. (Most other places make either unsharpened, cheap-ass wallhangers or really high-end quality swords, that are about the price of a nice used car).

yeah, I actually inherited our family sword made in Japan some many years ago...but it's locked up now...it's in a security deposit box...I've actually only seen it twice and unsheathed it once...supposedly its worth a lot of money, which is why I was told to keep it locked up...

^^ you'll find I have a very dark sense of humor sometimes...but Im a cuddly wuddly tiger...just dont pull my tail... :P

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 19:40:49

At 7/8/06 07:13 PM, R3dF0x wrote:
At 7/8/06 06:58 PM, Monocrom wrote: To: f0x -

yeah, I actually inherited our family sword made in Japan some many years ago...but it's locked up now...it's in a security deposit box...I've actually only seen it twice and unsheathed it once...supposedly its worth a lot of money, which is why I was told to keep it locked up...

Okay....... I'll admit to being a bit jealous..... Lucky bastard! LOL !

^^ you'll find I have a very dark sense of humor sometimes...but Im a cuddly wuddly tiger...just dont pull my tail... :P

Actually, the same thing applies to me, but I'm more of a bear (teddybear?)....... :P

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 00:49:30

MrD:
Thanks for the link, that clarifies things quite a bit :)

At 7/8/06 07:13 PM, R3dF0x wrote: yeah, I actually inherited our family sword made in Japan some many years ago...but it's locked up now...it's in a security deposit box...I've actually only seen it twice and unsheathed it once...supposedly its worth a lot of money, which is why I was told to keep it locked up...

I want a family sword that's so valuable that I'd have to keep it locked away :'-(

Mono:
Good to hear your still working on the symbol :) Do you have an E.T.A. for it? Within the week, month, year, what? :P

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 03:54:22

At 7/9/06 12:49 AM, ThebanLegion wrote: Mono:
Good to hear your still working on the symbol :) Do you have an E.T.A. for it? Within the week, month, year, what? :P

Yup, that sounds about right. Definitely have it available soon........ Definitely within the year. :P

(Just a few days to finalize it).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 03:59:43

I Honestly have no problem with martial arts but still use one of these babies and you could clear out a room full of martial artists in 1 to 2 minutes.

Martial Arts Club

2nd in command Of The NG Mafia Field Testing Department and Proud of it!!

Graffiti Crew

Creator Of The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 04:11:50

At 7/9/06 03:59 AM, anime_man10 wrote: I Honestly have no problem with martial arts but still use one of these babies and you could clear out a room full of martial artists in 1 to 2 minutes.

what was the point of even posting that here? post count +1 means nothing to us, now if you're interested in martial arts then say so and stay, but if not then simply leave.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 10:54:03

Regarding Wing Chun Rattan Rings: (Hoping this is what you were referring to.)

In my brief, yet informative training in the art I did train with the rings and get to know how to use them. The history of the rings is very fascinating. The rattan ring has been an integral part of the Wing Chun system since the days of Shaolin. Pugilist monks formed rattan into rings, to practice the hand techniques of the various Kung Fu systems studied at the temple. Wing Chun being a direct branch of Shaolin, has inherited these training methods. There are no written records pertaining to the self defence applications of either the rattan or iron rings. It is known, however that the rattan ring was used prior to the first century AD. Original paintings on the walls of the Shaolin temple show the fighting monks using the iron rings offensively. In an early painting of Chang Tao Ling riding his tiger, the rattan ring is clearly shown along with a sword held aloft. These two depictions of the rings are sufficient in their acknowledgment of their use both prior to and during the time of the Shaolin monks. There are four main sets for rattan ring practice. Set number one is primarily to develop flow and an understanding of the ring's dynamics relative to stance changes and footwork. Rotating and flipping the ring through a limited number of hand shapes promotes a basic understanding of the structure for the subsequent three sets. The double rotations in this set develop the flow and continuity between movements. Sets two, three and four, are designed to develop suppleness and flexibility in the shoulders. While sets two and three use the "hands through the opposite direction" through the ring, set four introduces "hands through the same way". Half way through the set four, the hands again switch to the opposite way through a grabbing and rotating manoeuvre. This set in particular gives the practitioner the greatest understanding of the rattan ring. Looking back on my notes from training with them, I've noticed I never did anything in Iron Rings, Im wondering if there was ever a reason for not getting into that. Most of the Rattan Ring work we did helped my technique improve much more quickle and my techniques were focused and clean.

Anime_Man-

The first thing I have to ask is what are you doing in a room full of martial artists with one of those. And second- who let you have it? Because after I disarm you and shove it up your ass Im going to find the one who sold it to you. If you dont have anything intelligent to say, then shut up.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 11:10:58

To R3d FOx

i dont think anyting is wrong with the stance but what do i know, im just a begginer. however you cant say that he is wrong from just the images. it might be a few honest mistakes but he knows what he is doing in the lessons or it might be different from your style of fighting.
e-v

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 12:18:58

At 7/9/06 11:10 AM, ever-vigilant wrote: To R3d FOx

i dont think anyting is wrong with the stance but what do i know, im just a begginer. however you cant say that he is wrong from just the images. it might be a few honest mistakes but he knows what he is doing in the lessons or it might be different from your style of fighting.
e-v

yeah...It just looks off to me...it even looks like a Hung Fa Yi stance but if it is...they dont understand it...hip rotations is off and their back foot is too far back...that would displace their shoulders not giving them the 50/50 reach with each hand...

but it's cool...I was just looking around the site and noticed it...

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 15:08:57

At 7/9/06 03:59 AM, anime_man10 wrote: I Honestly have no problem with martial arts but still use one of these babies and you could clear out a room full of martial artists in 1 to 2 minutes.

o rly? obviously you dont know a thing about guns, esp. that one. now i cant identify it just by looking, but my general knowledge of mini-guns tells me that even a bear sized man wouldnt be able to hold one up and shoot it. thats why all mini-guns are (were?) placed on stands. gatling guns are more commonly seen on jets and ships and whatnot, since they are too big for a single-person to hold, let alone fire.

im going to be heading over to a tokyo import store later today, my instructer told me they have really good bokens there, so im gonna try and check them out. ill see whatelse they have too, he says they have alot of MA stuff.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 15:20:42

Im sure you could. Congratulations on pointing that out. I deeply appreciate it. You're the man. You will go far in life. Thank you.

Anyways sparring is gonna be awesome in two weeks. Why?

A master instructor is coming over from Korea in a couple weeks to visit his brother who works at my school. Now the thing is he is considered the 2nd best sparrer in Korea. Now he wants to spar us and well......I'm gonna die.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 15:40:26

____________________ Common Types of Knifers ____________________

1) The Hollywooder - Usually a teenage kid from a good home. He's seen way too many movies and TV shows of Bad-Ass, make-believe, Knifers. The ones who flash their blades, hold their knife hands out in front of them, make slashing motions that are big & sweeping, lung forward dramatically & off balance. For them, a knife is a status symbol. Something they think will instantly gain them respect, when they pull it out. And they WILL flash it! The least dangerous type of knifer, but that's not really saying much! If confronted or cornered, their response is going to be totally unpredictable. This type likes to pull out his knife, and talk about how tough he is. A sudden side kick to the knee works best, while he's running his mouth.

2) The Trained Martial Artist - A lot of knifers fall into this category. It can be the guy who lives in a state where getting a handgun permit is next to impossible. So, he's decided to go with a knife instead, and is intelligent enough to get some training. It could be a martial arts Master who knows all of the consequences of using a knife. But it could also be the guy who's Art teaches some elements of Knife Combatives. He learned it, simply because it's part of his Art. This is the type of martial artist who's most likely to use a knife irresponsibly. Often lacking knowledge of the legal ramifications of using a blade, or having gotten trained by someone who doesn't actually practice Knife Combatives, this Knifer is the one who gets into a lot of legal problems; down the road. Everything from carrying a knife with a blade that's over the legal limit, to not understanding that knives are considered to be deadly weapons......... just like a gun. This knifer will actually "poke" someone with his blade, just to intimidate or get their attention. The "poking" can easily result in an artery being hit, the person bleeding to death, and a homicide charge for the Knifer. Even more dangerous is the one who knows exactly what he's doing, and he doesn't care. A tiny percentage of those who take Knife Combatives or Kali are cold-blooded killers who prefer the Knife over other weapons. Against these types, protect your upper legs / groin region. They typically target the femoral artery, because most other knifers don't go for that spot. Keep your distance, don't let him close that distance, and run away.

3) The Prison Knifer - Prisoners and ex-cons often receive the most brutal training out there. These are guys who learn what works, and what doesn't, by trial & error! Techniques are as simple, and brutal as possible! Only 2 grips are emphasized. The hammer grip (Knife held in the fist, with the blade extending out the top of the hand) and the ice-pick or reverse grip (Same as a hammer grip, but the blade extends out the bottom of the fist. Edge in = Ice pick, edge out = reverse). Both grips are extremely strong. The good news is that Prison Knifers GENERALLY don't use slashing motions with their blades. The bad news? That's because they know that stabbing motions are far more likely to result in death! Also, an actual blade is not needed. Prison Knifers will use anything that has a bit of length and a point on it. Scissors, screwdrivers, a fork, novelty safety pin that's been streched out, tooth-brushes sharpened to a point on the concrete floor, lengths of plexi-glass that have been sharpened as well and wrapped with cloth or sandpaper for a grip. Make no mistake, many Prison Knifers ARE trained......... generally better than a lot of martial artists, when it comes to blades. And when they get released from prison, they now have access to the general public, and to better knives.

4) The E.D.P. - This stands for Emotionally Disturbed Person. Not exactly someone who is completely insane, but definitely disturbed. (It can include those who are insane and institutionalized). Not exactly a knifer in the strictest sense of the word, this type is the most dangerous you'll ever encounter! To him, a knife could be a powerful talisman....... and you could be a demon that needs slaying. Not only is he likely to attack you for no reason at all, but he might be high on PCP or his own adrenaline + his instability. The PCP or other similar type of drug means this guy will be a nightmare to deal with! Here's what I mean: 2 officers responded to a possible break-in. The guy in the small bedroom tried to snatch the male officer's .38 Special revolver. During the struggle, the female officer lost her revolver, got shot once by the suspect and died. The male officer struggled with the suspect for 10 minutes. The officer was a trained combat-shooter, during the struggle, he shot the suspect 10 times. 3 bullets in the chest, 2 in the stomach, 2 in the leg, 1 in the shoulder, 1 through the top of the suspect's skull, and 1 in his pelvis. Guess which bullet finally stopped him.......... The one that shattered his pelvis, so his legs no longer worked! When he got shot through the top of the head, he STILL kept getting up! .......... But it's not just drugs. Some E.D.P.s don't take drugs. But they've reached a level of emotional instability to the point where their anger can fuel a nightmarish type of determination! Although usually unskilled when it comes to knives, their sheer determination to get at you, more than makes up for their lack of skill. Unpredictable and nearly unstoppable, even if you have a gun, this type of knifer can only be dealt with deadly force. When an E.D.P. is charging at you with a knife, you're justified in using deadly force. And if you hold back, he WILL kill you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 15:55:13

Look once again, I have no problem with martial arts. In fact i am deeply interested in them. But I Was just saying that martial arts isn't as great as people make it out to be.

Martial Arts Club

2nd in command Of The NG Mafia Field Testing Department and Proud of it!!

Graffiti Crew

Creator Of The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:00:31

At 7/9/06 03:08 PM, Tsuchiya wrote:

im going to be heading over to a tokyo import store later today, my instructer told me they have really good bokens there, so im gonna try and check them out. ill see whatelse they have too, he says they have alot of MA stuff.

Cool, I already have a boken here, I bought one from internet... :s
Anyways, I don't know if I will need a boken for ninjutsu, cause I only had one lesson, and then my arm broke, so I didn't even had a chance to ask...
Hmmm... BTW my arm is quite good healed now... I may think about pick up the phone and call the instructor there...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:14:01

At 7/9/06 03:55 PM, anime_man10 wrote: Look once again, I have no problem with martial arts. In fact i am deeply interested in them. But I Was just saying that martial arts isn't as great as people make it out to be.

Unlike the other members of this club, I'm actually trained in firearms use. In fact, every Monday night, I go to the only gun range in Manhattan to train in the combate use of Handguns.

Let's see, first you posted a crappy pic of a mini-gun........ one that you wouldn't be able to lift, much less fire. Then you posted a crappy pic of a Thompson sub-machine gun...... you're a few decades too late.

I seriously doubt if you're interested in martial arts. You've made 2 posts in this club, and they were both disrespectful and filled with spammy pics. If you keep spamming up our club, I'll just contact a Mod to deal with you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:24:43

At 7/9/06 03:40 PM, Monocrom wrote: ____________________ Common Types of Knifers ____________________

You didnt tell us what to do with number 3! The others were run, quick kick and just let loose. But very nice otherwise, very informative. But me? i would just use my Parkour skills to escape.

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:26:55

At 7/9/06 03:55 PM, anime_man10 wrote: Look once again, I have no problem with martial arts. In fact i am deeply interested in them. But I Was just saying that martial arts isn't as great as people make it out to be.

stop posting here, you obviously have no idea what your argueing for or agaisnt. if you dont like martial arts either A) stop posting here, or B) give us another pic of some gun you think looks cool, so we can get you banned. your choice.

rune: oh ya you'll need a boken, if the ninjutsu your in is real. theres only one ryu of ninjutsu left, and it teaches weapons. if your school doesnt, then its not authentic. but ill just assume its real, and yes, you'll needa boken, among other practice weapons.

poeple who are interested: i got a training gun and knife now (hooray for birthday presents) and ill be hopefully breaking them in soon. i also got some of the grandmasters dvds and a stick fighting book. havent watched/read either yet so, gimmie a week and ill be more infromed on my art.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:30:08

At 7/9/06 05:24 PM, MrDeadly wrote:
At 7/9/06 03:40 PM, Monocrom wrote: ____________________ Common Types of Knifers ____________________
You didnt tell us what to do with number 3! The others were run, quick kick and just let loose. But very nice otherwise, very informative. But me? i would just use my Parkour skills to escape.

Actually, if there's an Exit available, running away is the best thing to do against all 4 types. Prison Knifers like their space. Plus, any ex-con can put on a suit & tie. You never know. That's why it's best to treat people with common-courtesy, when out-and-about. Not all ex-cons go out to victimize people.

Your Parkour skills definitely put you ahead of the game!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:36:04

At 7/9/06 05:26 PM, Tsuchiya wrote:

rune: oh ya you'll need a boken, if the ninjutsu your in is real. theres only one ryu of ninjutsu left, and it teaches weapons. if your school doesnt, then its not authentic. but ill just assume its real, and yes, you'll needa boken, among other practice weapons.

Ok thank you for the information, I'll keep some money to buy other practice weapons.
But what practice weapons do I need more among the boken, a bo? Maybe nunchakus? Could you please tell me? :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-09 17:41:19

At 7/9/06 05:36 PM, Runetjuhhh wrote: Ok thank you for the information, I'll keep some money to buy other practice weapons.
But what practice weapons do I need more among the boken, a bo? Maybe nunchakus? Could you please tell me? :)

ya a bo, a han-bo, boken would be the most useful ones. you should ask your instucter about the more elaborate weapons though. ummm a knife would also come in handy, but that might depend on your particular instructer. you should really ask your instructer about what you will need though, it mostly depends on the instucter.