00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023

1,713 Views | 14 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Winners of the William & Sly Art Contest have been announced!

Expect a lot of news posts this month, as I’ll be announcing recipients of our Annual Drawing Tablet Giveaway while also highlighting cool things that happened on NG this year!

Drawing Tablet 13 - wayyward

Today’s tablet recipient is @wayyward, who has been drawing on an iPad with procreate. You may have seen her work in Gogo’s Collab and the Dinosaurs Attack Collab, or during the Spooktacular!

With this tablet, wayyward plans to make more complex drawings in Paint Tool Sai and get into animation with OpenToonz.

2023 Highlight - Animation

Today we’re gonna revisit some of this year’s top scoring animation, based on your votes!

In April, @Zeurel and his team released the second episode of Monkey Wrench, currently the top scoring movie of the year. This is exciting to see because episode three is premiering here on NG on Christmas Day!

@JoelG snagged several of the top spots with Ena this year, with the cinematic Dream BBQ trailer and Power of Potluck.

@JamesLee has also dominated with multiple episodes of Nox, tackling topics like AI, cringe and the dopamine rush of social media.

@TheWeebl made a triumphant return with 20 Years of Badger! It was nice to see him back after he said Goodbye to Flash in 2020.

@Aaron-Long shared a new episode of Sublo and Tangy Mustard, always a special treat to make your week.

@Speedo introduced us to the most promising new series with PUNCH PUNCH FOREVER! The release of episode two is gonna be an EVENT.

@HappyHarry is still going strong, with a new episode of our beloved Starbarians.

@aap blessed us with not one but two of his festival animations. Don’t let the cute animals fool you; these are some dark stories!

@scumhouse shared a new Satina episode, along with a season one finale sneak peek that has us begging for more!

@Nihaho and @MikeCarf released three episodes of Bridge Kids and we got to watch this series blow up!

@MikeCarf also created Laura and Ralph’s Big Day Out, which could be another hit series on its own.

@HoboGuyCool entertained with his wacky 3D video game shorts.

Lots of people animated clips from @OneyPlays this year but @BrokenMOJO is at the top of the pyramid with Planet of the BABES.

DeadlyComics made EASY BAKE for the Live Action Jam, winning first place! A previous Orlando episode of COOL TIMES also ranks high on the list for this year.

@Jaime-R, the living legend of animation, flexed his frame by frame with Flossing Mishap and elevated @meatcanyon’s movie about an earworm!

If you’re an earworm / parasite fan, I also recommend Orla’s Ear Worm and Mak’s Parasite.

@PringusMcDingus had a string of hits this year, the top-rated one being this mashup of Sonic and Community, followed by a Resident Evil 4 parody.

@zayJax won Pico Day with his 3D remake of Madness Redeemer.

@Temorinki created a whole Noisette Café series based on a character from Pizza Tower. The highest-rated episode is the first one, Pepperman. Temorinki’s second highest rated movie this year is another Pizza Tower animation.

The NG Summerfest Opening Animation directed by @Slimygoo made quite a splash! Thank you to everyone who participated in this collab, along with @Kekiiro, @Nek0ai, @DocNG, @P-PAMda and @Anislug for event organizing.

@PixelHeadAche placed fourth in the Spooktacular Winners but has come out as #1 with the audience vote!

The NG Money Gang sponsored Episode 13 of Salad Fingers by @Doki. We’re proud to have the Newgrounds name on such a legendary series!

@Yespeace1 recreated the Futurama intro in Blender and WOW!

@Ditchu shared a lot of fun pixel art and animation this year, his Deltarune movie scoring the highest!

ChannyandKimberly imagined a parallel retro universe, where The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is finally released for the Game Boy Color!

@DirkErik-Schulz organized a Reanimate of Popeye Barbecue for Two, a 1960 cartoon pilot short for television.

@GlitchArtTV made a bunch of silly Madness shorts this year, Young and Happy being the top-rated.

@kirxee organized the massive Madness Rogue Collab for Madness Day.

@ToonHole put 800 hours into their animated proof of concept for television and now it’s here for us to enjoy!

@Xandrecos and @golfinho teamed up to retell Super Mario Land in seven minutes.

It’s hard to know where to stop with these posts! I’ve been mostly going in order but now I’ll jump around with some standout movies.

@NK64 turned out all sorts of inspiring animation in JJ VERSUS.

@PatrikusDroilius made some Saturday-morning-worthy work with X Marks the Aardvark.

More below!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

@CADAVER’s visuals are stylish and cool in LEMONADE WAS A POPULAR DRINK.

Good Woods by @Brewster with @Bill and @Pjorg is a pure delight to watch.

@LiteralHat made the song AND video for Worry Cat!

@MilkRug shared a proof of concept of a new series. If you like weird / gross stuff, you definitely don’t want to miss this!

If you’re a fan of the Ren & Stimpy style, you’ll adore this one by @SICKMUTT and @Dorkymations!

@Andyl4nd celebrated his 26th birthday with a reflection on life!

@Gazoogaloo made an adorable film about their frog girl OC, Hyla.

@LazyMuffin kept his birthday tradition going with a thought-provoking song.

@LeoMC shared a true story in this beautiful and captivating film.

Ok, I think I need to stop there! I hope you watch and enjoy a bunch of these movies!

Thank you to our Drawing Tablet Sponsors!

@ScarecrowArts - $300

@Zombie-Pimp - $100

@MSGhero - $60

@WiseTree-BBH - $51

@53xy83457 - $50

@YendorNG - $50

@ItsTheAshtray - $50

@The-EXP - $50

@deadspread83 - $50

@GrapheneKid - $20

@butterspam - $10

@gavmcool - $10

@agentmc1 - $5

@Wegra - $3

NG - $850

Previous Posts

Tablet 1 & Pixel Day

Tablet 2 & Flash Forward

Tablet 3 & The Treasure Hunt

Tablet 4 & List Jam 2

Tablet 5 & Pico Day

Tablet 6 & Art Inspired Music Contest

Tablet 7 & Robot Day

Tablet 8 & Live Action Jam

Tablet 9 & Eddsworld Art Contest

Tablet 10 & Student Films

Tablet 11 & Playlists

Tablet 12 & Games Showcase

2023 Recap Posts

If you write a recap blog post for 2023, tag it with 2023-recap, I’ll likely be featuring more!

AhWham

Blit-blat

BoiledMilkz

Emizip

Glotch

PearlHikara

ProsciuttoMan

Toony

I also like browsing the gamedev tag for blog posts!

Other News

Our Best of November have been announced.

Halloween Spooktacular Winners have been announced.

We recently introduced Project Templates.

December 20th is the NGTV Christmas Collab deadline.

December 22nd is Writer's Jam 2. Limited spots, sign up ahead of time!

January 1st is the start of Jamuary, a daily music challenge!

January 5th is the NG Meetup at Anime Los Angeles, hosted by @QueenBoo and @Xeno-Cowboy!

January 15th is the Break It Up Collab breakbeat audio deadline.

January 21st is the NG Office Depths Pixel Art Collab deadline.

January 30th is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

February 24th is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Collab deadline.

February 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab and Transformers Collab deadline.

Slushydojo is organizing a Nickelodeon Collab.

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 11:15:02

Awesome!

P.S: You linked "Power of Potluck" twice.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

@wayyward <3 more Pico and friends art plz and thank you. Congratulations!

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 11:19:31

At 12/17/23 11:15 AM, BoiledMilkz wrote: Awesome!

P.S: You linked "Power of Potluck" twice.

Fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 11:26:12

Congrats and keep it up @wayyward, I like what I see!

We had a good year for animation here! Thank you to everyone who shared!!

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 12:44:51

Very cool stuff from everyone :)

-e.e. McCutcheon

"Zongo"

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 12:55:17

I joined at the right time.

Congrats to everyone for the nonstop bangers all year!

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 13:56:27

It was awesome to participate in spooktacular! love bringing new content here!, I also really appreciate all the feedback and support of everyone! I hope to be even MORE active next year bringing lots of drawings and animations!

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 16:05:38

Thank you so much Tom Fulp!!! I'm so honored to have gotten one of the tablets, and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity. The tablet is really fun to use, and I'm excited to make a lot more stuff, learning more about animation, and hopefully improving a lot!!! <3

There were so many fantastic animations this year aaaa!! Congrats to everyone, you all inspire me so much :D

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 16:09:10

Damn, didn't expect the "Top Animation of 2023" to get so long xD

But it would be a crime to disregard a lot of these bangers!

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 16:45:34

Congrats to wayyward for winning the thirteenth tablet.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 16:46:32

Quality :)

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-17 21:49:49

Nice!

Yes, it is very cool to see that the work of many talented people is here.

"Thanks for the recommendations" ヾ⁠(⁠ ͝⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ͡⁠°⁠)⁠ノ⁠♪

Just making some relaxing music

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet 13 & Top Animation of 2023 2023-12-18 05:52:05

Another banger just released not too long before making this post, and possibly way better than half this list.