00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NGTV Christmas Collab

6,701 Views | 116 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iu_1107265_3346873.png

You're probably wondering what the hell is this, and look, I get it. Let me explain.

Remember television? Remember how it had a bunch of wacky stuff all over it ranging from mind numbing talk shows & weird reality tv to wonderful holiday specials? It usually showed movies as well. News, shows, and most importantly - commercials. A bunch of other stuff too. Truly a buffet of unsolicited content for everyone to consume.

Every holiday season, most things you come across tend to cater to the holiday in question. That's pretty much what this collab is.

The goal of the NGTV Christmas Collab is to replicate the holiday-season television watching experience as close as possible.

You are invited to make anything you want, in any genre, as long as you feel it's something you might, sometime, somehow, stumble upon while mindlessly staring at the screen in front of you. Not this screen, the other one.

Whether you want to make a dumb commercial, a full on short, a parody of a beloved holiday classic, or anything else you can think of - it's all welcome here!

With the fancy words pitch out of the way, here is some important info

iu_1107264_3346873.png

Submission must be at least 15 seconds

No A rated content

Parodies of existing specials or movies are allowed

Live-Action is allowed

No VHS/CRT filters as those will be applied in post production

Your submission must be somehow Christmas related, unless you're doing a commercial. Christmas themes encouraged for those too, though.

24fps

2880x2160

Stereo sound @ 44100hz

DEADLINE: December 20th

Note: This collab is semi-open, meaning anyone can apply but (maybe) not everyone will get in. Don't worry though, it is more than accessible to complete beginners, as the main goal here is to have fun!

Aside from animators, musicians and voice actors/actresses are free to apply as well! Maybe someone in the collab needs your help, who knows!

I will send you the Discord invite as soon as you're accepted.

If Discord's not your thing, that's cool, you don't need to be in the server to participate!

See you on the other side, everyone.

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-01 22:29:21

Sounds fun, if anyone needs voices, feel free to message me.

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-01 23:43:08

count me in boio

tries too hard to be edgy and is blocked by many because he acts rude towards others to feel better about himself.

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 08:26:36

Pretty cool. Would totally like to join this

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 08:42:17

Thank you so much! Let's get into the Christmas spirit! I'm open to collaboration for the collab.

Here are some things I can do: Writing. Music, Audio Production, Voice Acting.

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 08:46:35

Absolutely!!!

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 09:43:30

If anyone needs help with voices, feel free to reach out!

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 11:28:54

This sounds awesome! Count me in!

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 13:08:54

Where do we submit our entries?

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 14:46:32

Ok sooo my question here is...

is necessary to do a 15 seconds entry ooorr can be a little bit long? cuz i have some ideas for a christmas special, if it's necessary then i have to do a lot of improvisations lmao

The goofy ahh penguin, creator of Deep Sea Prisoner! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 17:32:35

At 11/2/23 02:46 PM, Chuw-Croissantier wrote: Ok sooo my question here is...

is necessary to do a 15 seconds entry ooorr can be a little bit long? cuz i have some ideas for a christmas special, if it's necessary then i have to do a lot of improvisations lmao

15 seconds is minimum, and it can be as long as you want.

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 17:38:27

At 11/2/23 05:35 PM, MrNurwenda wrote: Can my Christmas animation have comedy like there was somethin' funny happening in the animation?

Yes. All genres allowed

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 17:47:15

oooooooooh i want join it

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 20:14:55

Hey, voice actor here. DM me anytime if anyone needs voice talent for their submission.

Demo reels available here (Animation Demo) and here (Video Game Demo)

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 22:26:50

oh HELL YEAH i will participate in a something like this!

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-02 23:45:08

I'm game for anyone needing characters voiced.

https://vimeo.com/331310006

sounds fun i'd like to join

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 08:19:36

>2880x2160

oh boy that might melt my computer

Only valid after midnight, every other fortnight, when the store is already closed.

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 10:08:37

Is there a policy on gore? My idea has minor gory attributes

Reading this gives you infinite luck. You'e welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 10:26:57

I'm happy to write and voice-act. I have an idea in mind if any animators want to team up.

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1207146

I totally wanna be apart of this!

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 13:48:41

i want to be apart of this, whoops, accidentally hit the reply button-

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 14:53:38

At 11/3/23 08:19 AM, coystags wrote: >2880x2160

oh boy that might melt my computer

Probably should've considered that when I was making the thread. My bad, just trying to use the 4K thing as much as possible, especially on Newgrounds. Maybe you could get away with 1080p, as I believe most people still watch stuff in that resolution, so they wouldn't notice a thing, if the bitrate is high enough?

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 14:54:19

At 11/3/23 10:08 AM, Hexamak wrote: Is there a policy on gore? My idea has minor gory attributes

Gore is allowed, pretty much everything is as long as it doesn't cross into the A rating territory!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 15:05:51

Where will the animation be sent?

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 15:12:02

At 11/3/23 03:05 PM, LiTenNet wrote: Where will the animation be sent?

In the Discord or via PM.

Note for everyone who might be reading this, in order to apply - you can reply here or PM me, and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able to!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 16:37:48

Is it possible to make a 1440x1080 (2 times less) because my animation program doesn't allow that much?

At 11/1/23 06:29 PM, Kolumbo wrote:
You're probably wondering what the hell is this, and look, I get it. Let me explain.

Remember television? Remember how it had a bunch of wacky stuff all over it ranging from mind numbing talk shows & weird reality tv to wonderful holiday specials? It usually showed movies as well. News, shows, and most importantly - commercials. A bunch of other stuff too. Truly a buffet of unsolicited content for everyone to consume.

Every holiday season, most things you come across tend to cater to the holiday in question. That's pretty much what this collab is.

The goal of the NGTV Christmas Collab is to replicate the holiday-season television watching experience as close as possible.

You are invited to make anything you want, in any genre, as long as you feel it's something you might, sometime, somehow, stumble upon while mindlessly staring at the screen in front of you. Not this screen, the other one.
Whether you want to make a dumb commercial, a full on short, a parody of a beloved holiday classic, or anything else you can think of - it's all welcome here!

With the fancy words pitch out of the way, here is some important info

Submission must be at least 15 seconds
No A rated content
Parodies of existing specials or movies are allowed
Live-Action is allowed
No VHS/CRT filters as those will be applied in post production
Your submission must be somehow Christmas related, unless you're doing a commercial. Christmas themes encouraged for those too, though.

24fps
2880x2160
Stereo sound @ 44100hz

DEADLINE: December 20th

Note: This collab is semi-open, meaning anyone can apply but (maybe) not everyone will get in. Don't worry though, it is more than accessible to complete beginners, as the main goal here is to have fun!

Aside from animators, musicians and voice actors/actresses are free to apply as well! Maybe someone in the collab needs your help, who knows!

I will send you the Discord invite as soon as you're accepted.
If Discord's not your thing, that's cool, you don't need to be in the server to participate!

See you on the other side, everyone.

Heck yeah… You know I’m joining this collab… 😎

PolyRedProductions2024

BBS Signature

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 19:40:33

Id love to join in on this one

Response to The NGTV Christmas Collab 2023-11-03 20:11:05

At 11/3/23 04:37 PM, NoseyFilms wrote: Is it possible to make a 1440x1080 (2 times less) because my animation program doesn't allow that much?

The 2160p seems to be the biggest hurdle.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's fine, as most people watching it will probably watch the 1080p version anyway. For those who watch the full resolution, the 1080p parts will probably seem lower quality. In the context of the collab, I'd say that might not be too bad at all, given the oldschool tv feel and all that. VCR stuff.

Hell, widescreen (letterboxed) would be fine as well!

CRACKEGGS 2 COMING 2026