00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Open for Commissions?

8,231 Views | 47 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Open for commissions? The Collabinator is our place to promote yourself for projects and commissions, browse paid opportunities or just collaborate with peers to make cool stuff.

Today the Collabinator has been updated to include content ratings! Now you can add ratings to your entry so people won’t see things they don’t want to see, or see exactly what they are looking for. This should make for more pleasant browsing and less people being scared away!

If you create an entry in the Collabinator, it will also appear on your user page. You can use these two buttons to sort the entry above or below other items on your page, or hide the box completely:

iu_627965_1.png

We also updated the wording in the default Collabinator promo box on your user page, to make its functionality more clear and provide a direct link to create a new entry.

This nearly concludes a series of updates that included ratings filters on user pages and blog posts. Thank you everyone who rates your content appropriately!

Other News

Flash Forward winners have been announced!

@D-Mac-Double is the new voice of Sonic in Sonic Prime on Netflix!

The MessyPaints theme for May is Ultraman! Paint (digital or traditional) Ultraman to participate, with an emphasis on making the metal look realistic.

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress.

Pico Day is June 11th, with over $3k in prizes!

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribune!

I've updated the NG History page.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 15:09:49

You should build an algorithm that populates a list of potential collaborators who currently have their profiles set to open for commissions. A tag system could track what sort of tags you've used in the past and what they've used or a way to use tags in your collaborator submission to suggest who might be a good fit and currently open to commissions?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 15:11:57

At 5/6/22 03:09 PM, Malachy wrote: You should build an algorithm that populates a list of potential collaborators who currently have their profiles set to open for commissions. A tag system could track what sort of tags you've used in the past and what they've used or a way to use tags in your collaborator submission to suggest who might be a good fit and currently open to commissions?

The Collabinator already supports talent categories and tags so not sure if it can already do what you have in mind? For example here are Musicians who are Open for Paid Work who have tagged themselves with Dubstep:

https://www.newgrounds.com/collab?am=musician&tags=dubstep

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 15:18:26

Man, so many recent updates around content ratings and filtering! Guessing there was an update behind the scenes that made this a lot easier to implement? Or does someone on the team have a deeply-rooted passion for filtering?

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 15:27:25

At 5/6/22 03:18 PM, Intrapath wrote: Man, so many recent updates around content ratings and filtering! Guessing there was an update behind the scenes that made this a lot easier to implement? Or does someone on the team have a deeply-rooted passion for filtering?

It all started when Tom's wife got pregnant again and she whispered in his ear "I wanna name this one Britta"

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 15:28:49

At 5/6/22 03:18 PM, Intrapath wrote: Man, so many recent updates around content ratings and filtering! Guessing there was an update behind the scenes that made this a lot easier to implement? Or does someone on the team have a deeply-rooted passion for filtering?

It's a long-time todo list item we're finally tackling, while trying to be thorough to get everything done in one push. The tech behind it has been evolving as well; applying ratings filters was a lot more resource intensive when we started filtering the hubs more than a decade ago. It still takes a lot of work though! @liljim has been keeping busy.

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 16:24:22

Good to see the collabinator getting some love, its been a bit but Ive had some fun collabs from posts in there!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/sexy-potatoman

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 16:25:44

I'm open for commissions

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 16:34:01

Wow this is super cool I didn't realize the collab section has a length limit too. I might have to look into boosting my comms once my plates are a little lighter. :9

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 17:02:52

More recent updates to explore and check out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 18:19:35 (edited 2022-05-06 18:19:53)

TOM, I HAVE A REQUEST!

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 18:35:22

At 5/6/22 04:24 PM, ConnorGrail wrote: Good to see the collabinator getting some love, its been a bit but Ive had some fun collabs from posts in there!

Collabs always come out so great. The more that work on it the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 19:14:20

iu_628159_2555669.png

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 19:38:46

At 5/6/22 06:19 PM, DocDiegO wrote: TOM, I HAVE A REQUEST!

What’s the request?

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 19:47:50

I didn't even know the Collabinator was a thing until now, to be honest

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 19:57:10

At 5/6/22 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: Open for commissions?

Sorry Tom, I'm not accepting new commissions at this time

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 19:57:52

Jokes aside, the Collabinator has come a long way! Great tool

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 21:02:48

At 5/6/22 02:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: Open for commissions? The Collabinator is our place to promote yourself for projects and commissions, browse paid opportunities or just collaborate with peers to make cool stuff.

Today the Collabinator has been updated to include content ratings! Now you can add ratings to your entry so people won’t see things they don’t want to see, or see exactly what they are looking for. This should make for more pleasant browsing and less people being scared away!

If you create an entry in the Collabinator, it will also appear on your user page. You can use these two buttons to sort the entry above or below other items on your page, or hide the box completely:

We also updated the wording in the default Collabinator promo box on your user page, to make its functionality more clear and provide a direct link to create a new entry.

This nearly concludes a series of updates that included ratings filters on user pages and blog posts. Thank you everyone who rates your content appropriately!

Other News

Flash Forward winners have been announced!

@D-Mac-Double is the new voice of Sonic in Sonic Prime on Netflix!

The MessyPaints theme for May is Ultraman! Paint (digital or traditional) Ultraman to participate, with an emphasis on making the metal look realistic.

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress.

Pico Day is June 11th, with over $3k in prizes!

Trust me Ive seen NSFW collab shit and I go 😰

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 21:12:38

At 5/6/22 07:38 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/6/22 06:19 PM, DocDiegO wrote: TOM, I HAVE A REQUEST!
What’s the request?

Since you open commissions, i want to make Pico doing some... nasty stuffs. HE-HE!

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 21:54:30

that's cool unfortunately nobody is talented enough to work with me. i'm just to good

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-06 23:31:53

I genuinely appreciate all the recent updates to content filters! It's a super cool accessibility feature and it's one of the reasons I love NG so much; thanks for all you guys do to make NG such a positive experience for as many people as possible!

Howdy and hello, folks :)

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 01:26:46

At 5/6/22 03:11 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/6/22 03:09 PM, Malachy wrote: You should build an algorithm that populates a list of potential collaborators who currently have their profiles set to open for commissions. A tag system could track what sort of tags you've used in the past and what they've used or a way to use tags in your collaborator submission to suggest who might be a good fit and currently open to commissions?
The Collabinator already supports talent categories and tags so not sure if it can already do what you have in mind? For example here are Musicians who are Open for Paid Work who have tagged themselves with Dubstep:

https://www.newgrounds.com/collab?am=musician&tags=dubstep

tom, i would ask but it kinda intimidates me knowing your account is 5 years older than me

We all want recognition and validation to an extent for our art, but greatness as a trade for decency is a risky proposition.

El-P

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 01:39:48

At 5/6/22 09:02 PM, rocknight1991 wrote: Trust me Ive seen NSFW collab shit and I go 😰

@rocknight1991

They have been plenty of it on NewGrounds. There is no escape. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 02:15:18

At 5/6/22 05:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: More recent updates to explore and check out.

Good morning Unkown man GoodWeak

We all want recognition and validation to an extent for our art, but greatness as a trade for decency is a risky proposition.

El-P

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 05:19:02

At 5/7/22 02:15 AM, GigaMadMax wrote:
At 5/6/22 05:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: More recent updates to explore and check out.
Good morning Unkown man GoodWeak

Good morning. I am pretty unknown since I wear a mask.

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 05:19:51

I find the idea of that collabinator great. But how do people get there? Up until you posted that link, I forgot it existed. Even on the Community tab, there is nothing listed. I think it should be promoted quite a bit more, maybe even have its own place right next to the Community tab.

And then I was browsing with some tags and couldn't find my own entry listed at all. Looking for "8bit" for example, only 2 entries in total show up, mine not included. And I'm sure there are tons more out there. Is this a bug?

I personally would prefer to have a list with some headlines like "Creating 8bit video game music for free/money" instead of showing the full articles from the start but maybe there just aren't that many? I can't tell as I suspect not everything is shown to me. Also, the "Loading more..." progress indicator does not seem to load more, it does nothing.

I was using fiverr and proz lately and find the idea quite appealing though the platforms are horrible. Would love to see NG having a more thriving exchange.

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 07:31:35

TIME TO ASK FOR MONEY IN EXCHANGE OF SERVICES YEAH

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 08:31:45

You guys rock so hard. :D I often forget about the collaborater until I'm looking for voice actors or musicians haha.

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 08:42:29

At 5/7/22 05:19 AM, Manderby wrote: I find the idea of that collabinator great. But how do people get there? Up until you posted that link, I forgot it existed. Even on the Community tab, there is nothing listed. I think it should be promoted quite a bit more, maybe even have its own place right next to the Community tab.

We link to it in Community via the Help Wanted box, although that could be more clear... Do need to find more places to promote it.

And then I was browsing with some tags and couldn't find my own entry listed at all. Looking for "8bit" for example, only 2 entries in total show up, mine not included. And I'm sure there are tons more out there. Is this a bug?

I see your entry under the 8-bit tag, I wonder if it's excluding showing your own listing there.

I personally would prefer to have a list with some headlines like "Creating 8bit video game music for free/money" instead of showing the full articles from the start but maybe there just aren't that many? I can't tell as I suspect not everything is shown to me. Also, the "Loading more..." progress indicator does not seem to load more, it does nothing.

That's a noted bug where it's stuck on loading more, will hopefully get resolved soon!

BBS Signature

Response to Open for Commissions? 2022-05-07 10:38:19

At 5/7/22 08:42 AM, TomFulp wrote: I see your entry under the 8-bit tag, I wonder if it's excluding showing your own listing there.

That is it. If I logout, it is visible. Suddenly feels lonely though. :( Not that I expect much comissions myself but I expected hundreds of people under such a tag. Maybe it just needs more time to establish.

BBS Signature