00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bruemeister just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blog Update: Content Ratings!

9,826 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Blog update! We’ve added ratings to blog posts. When making a blog post, please use your best judgment to rate the post E, T, M or A. We’re now applying personal filters to places where blogs are listed, such as front page, community hub, user pages, search, feeds and artist news.

Existing blog posts can be updated to include ratings. It would be a big help if you went through and updated your existing blog posts, in particular if they are adult! Thank you everyone who rates their content appropriately.

In terms of adding ratings in more places, the Collabinator is up next, so browsing commission info will be more specific to your interests!

Other News

Dankmen Contest Winners have been announced!

The Toonami Collab is looking for animators to join in!

Newgrounds is taking over the SilvaGunner channel on April 30th. See @pikachu000000000's post for details!

@larreth is taking donation commissions to raise money for local lgbt organizations in the uk and scotland, specifically lgbtyouth, switchboard and scottishtrans.

@MarkAnime has published Pad of Time for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch!

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress!

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are over $2.5k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribune!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 08:07:56

I can definitely see the need for this. It's a good thing we're stopping children from viewing A rated content and giving creators the ability to tag their stuff.

At 4/22/22 08:07 AM, OlTrout wrote: I can definitely see the need for this. It's a good thing we're stopping children from viewing A rated content and giving creators the ability to tag their stuff.

We need to be able to rate individual forum posts so I don't even get the hint that nsfw might exist

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Well I got to admit that I like this feature for blog posts/newsposts. Adds a nice touch really. It would've been needed a lot earlier (I can stress that it might not be the problem yet). The only thing is that odd and weird users would've made questionable newposts, that wouldn't been rated for E or T. Which is quite rare.

Hopefully you would fix the B/P badges on userpages.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 08:23:55

At 4/22/22 08:14 AM, Malachy wrote:
At 4/22/22 08:07 AM, OlTrout wrote: I can definitely see the need for this. It's a good thing we're stopping children from viewing A rated content and giving creators the ability to tag their stuff.
We need to be able to rate individual forum posts so I don't even get the hint that nsfw might exist

It would've been better to tag threads, rather than individual posts. The only people that would've done this, would be the very odd and weird users that do this.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 08:41:05

What about disallowing coordinated mass spamming on the news post frontpage?

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 09:19:01

I want to sort the forum so that only A rated content appears.

Also, since Tom is training the AI to identify seaplanes and shit, maybe we could use that AI to improve the search, so that I could search for the content of an image or post that might relate to a specific search term, even though the post doesn't contain the actual words that we searched.

But maybe that's a bit difficult since the AI is only trained to identify seaplanes.

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 09:28:32

At 4/22/22 08:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: Blog update! We’ve added ratings to blog posts. When making a blog post, please use your best judgment to rate the post E, T, M or A. We’re now applying personal filters to places where blogs are listed, such as front page, community hub, user pages, search, feeds and artist news.

Existing blog posts can be updated to include ratings. It would be a big help if you went through and updated your existing blog posts, in particular if they are adult! Thank you everyone who rates their content appropriately.

In terms of adding ratings in more places, the Collabinator is up next, so browsing commission info will be more specific to your interests!

Other News

The Toonami Collab is looking for animators to join in!

Newgrounds is taking over the SilvaGunner channel on April 30th. See @pikachu000000000's post for details!

@larreth is taking donation commissions to raise money for local lgbt organizations in the uk and scotland, specifically lgbtyouth, switchboard and scottishtrans.

@MarkAnime has published Pad of Time for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch!

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress!

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are over $2.5k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

Cool. Some people do post some weird stuff.

1:37 ───ㅇ─────3:45 ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↺ REPEAT ‖ PAUSE ≫ NEXT SONG

Former fan of the general forums. Artist, Twitter hater, loser, bad poet.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:02:22

At 4/22/22 09:19 AM, OlTrout wrote:
I want to sort the forum so that only A rated content appears.

Also, since Tom is training the AI to identify seaplanes and shit, maybe we could use that AI to improve the search, so that I could search for the content of an image or post that might relate to a specific search term, even though the post doesn't contain the actual words that we searched.

But maybe that's a bit difficult since the AI is only trained to identify seaplanes.

Seaplanes are nsfw I can't believe you would send this filth to my notifications

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:03:00

I think the update bugged out my police officer ranking.

iu_613486_4034255.png

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:04:31

At 4/22/22 08:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: local lgbt organizations in the uk and scotland,

Does that mean Newgrounds officially supports Scottish independence?

If I should ever vanish without a trace, assume until proven otherwise that olskoo banned me due to penis envy.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:09:26

At 4/22/22 10:05 AM, lightningcarp wrote:
At 4/22/22 10:04 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 4/22/22 08:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: local lgbt organizations in the uk and scotland,
Do YOU support scottish independence?

I need it to win a bet.

If I should ever vanish without a trace, assume until proven otherwise that olskoo banned me due to penis envy.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:09:53

At 4/22/22 10:04 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

I haven't given that much thought tbh.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:11:03

At 4/22/22 10:03 AM, TecNoir wrote: I think the update bugged out my police officer ranking.

Made a ticket for this, been reported twice since update!

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:25:30

So, we're going to be able to see blogs on our feeds, right? I mean like on the frontpage feed.

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 10:50:43

At 4/22/22 10:25 AM, UnculturedMutt wrote: So, we're going to be able to see blogs on our feeds, right? I mean like on the frontpage feed.

We aren't bringing blogs into the front page feed summary at the moment but these filters apply to blogs in your main feed, your Followed Artist Feed and your News feed.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:20:06

There's this one NSFW platformer that I see shilled in on the frontpage blog like once a month with the same message, so I'm happy that kinda thing will be filtered out. My blogs have been updated with ratings.

Banner by @MigMoog

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:30:53

A very early update today. Somebody had too much coffee this morning. lol

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:51:45

This could be an useful option. Depends on your writing style.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:53:48

At 4/22/22 08:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: Newgrounds is taking over the SilvaGunner channel on April 30th. See @pikachu000000000's post for details!

I've wanted to see this for a few years now. Of all the takeovers the channel has had, I figured you and Newgrounds in general would one of the easiest ones to express genuine support for it, rather than merely changing the pfp and pretending to be someone else for a week. Also, as long as none of the submitted rips used copyright music of any kind (regardless of whether or not they could sidestep the bot with audio manipulation), I sometimes wonder if it would be beneficial if SiivaGunner could have a stronger presence on this site. They already do everything either for free or for charity and NG does a better job of linking creators together with its Credits feature than the YT workaround of "here's a link in the description for this person and another for that person" nonsense. Obviously, the JOKE of "this is totally the actual song from the game!" would still be fine for YT uploads, but they could also add select uploads to the Audio Portal. I thought about this mainly because SG also provides opportunities for musicians and artists to work together and it just seems like a waste to not be able to officially promote those opportunities on a site like Newgrounds, which encourages the same thing with its own contests and events.

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:55:47

At 4/22/22 11:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

Or maybe for someone who frequently blogs about the NSFW content that they create.

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 11:58:03

wouldn't think to add this feature, good catch team! Pretty sure mine are all E, but I'll do my part(might be fun to re-read about my life in the before times again) :p

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 12:06:25

At 4/22/22 11:55 AM, OlTrout wrote:
At 4/22/22 11:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Or maybe for someone who frequently blogs about the NSFW content that they create.

Very true. Now, they can be as graphic as they wish.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 12:08:59

There should be an analogue to the PG rating for movies and E10+ rating for video games, not just for blogs but for content all across the site. I suggest something like O for Older, where content may not be suitable for children under 10.

I haven't touched my blog in years but may assign a rating on my latest entry depending on the time that I have.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 12:18:24

Definitely an much needed change!

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 12:26:43

At 4/22/22 10:03 AM, TecNoir wrote: I think the update bugged out my police officer ranking.

Should be fixed now!

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 12:51:40

i am content with the way you're running newgrounds tom

I really appreciate the work that has been put into the site lately, Tom, you and the crew working on the site have been making huge strives to keep NG fresh and new, and I appreciate that a lot

Although I really still want to see the daily features system changed, and maybe more changes to make blamming and your blamming power to make a more significant impact.

If it's your passion, don't let the mediocrity of the world taint it.

BBS Signature

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 13:18:38

At 4/22/22 08:41 AM, destructin wrote: What about disallowing coordinated mass spamming on the news post frontpage?

Aww baby gonna cry, gonna make a big messy, gonna go waa waaa waaa.

Response to Blog Update: Content Ratings! 2022-04-22 13:32:14

At 4/22/22 01:12 PM, JuneSSai wrote: Although I really still want to see the daily features system changed, and maybe more changes to make blamming and your blamming power to make a more significant impact.

That would be awesome. The more power the better since you have to work so hard to earn it.

BBS Signature