00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Geometryl0rd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Republican thread

14,989 Views | 428 Replies

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 11:43:08

At 3/30/22 10:39 AM, TecNoir wrote:
At 3/30/22 08:00 AM, bumbaclad wrote:
At 3/29/22 08:24 PM, EdyKel wrote:
As if the color of someones skin determines their experience in this world and warrants any assumptions by others; racist line of thinking. Wake up.
To claim that skin color has no bearing on people's experiences is simply a denial of facts. You think skin color had no bearing 100 years ago? You think the aftermath of the civil rights movement ended racism?

Bloomberg: Job Applicants With ‘Black Names’ Still Less Likely to Get Interviews (2021)

As if Bloomberg is a trustworthy source of information and I did not say skin color had no bearing, case in point the post I was replying to using skin color as a defining characteristic, so stop trying to spread disinformation.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 11:57:30 (edited 2022-03-30 12:04:07)

As if the color of someones skin determines their experience in this world and warrants any assumptions by others; racist line of thinking. Wake up.

Well, with people saying "Just say you want whites to go extinct." over the most non-offensive comment, It would explain why there are still huge racial disparities to this day in incarceration rates, wealth, and representation, in this country. There are those in the dominate racial group in this country, which controls the majority of wealth, jobs, and positions of power, who view those who are not part of it as a threat to it. It's just how it is, how it has always been.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 12:26:46 (edited 2022-03-30 12:33:32)

At 3/30/22 11:43 AM, bumbaclad wrote:
To claim that skin color has no bearing on people's experiences is simply a denial of facts. You think skin color had no bearing 100 years ago? You think the aftermath of the civil rights movement ended racism?

Bloomberg: Job Applicants With ‘Black Names’ Still Less Likely to Get Interviews (2021)
As if Bloomberg is a trustworthy source of information and I did not say skin color had no bearing, case in point the post I was replying to using skin color as a defining characteristic, so stop trying to spread disinformation.

disinformation

Did you read the article? Would you like me to find the studies for you? Do you have any actual criticism of the content of the article?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 12:32:52 (edited 2022-03-30 12:33:21)

“Nuh-uh I dint say skin colour had no bearing”

It’s funny that you honed in on EdyKel’s post about race, rather than the one it was responding to:

Just say you want whites to go extinct. Simpler.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 14:36:48

At 3/29/22 07:42 PM, PigLice wrote:

oh, do tell

how do you figure people like me are promoting "white extinction"?

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 15:21:05 (edited 2022-03-30 15:26:47)

At 3/30/22 12:26 PM, TecNoir wrote:

disinformation
Did you read the article? Would you like me to find the studies for you? Do you have any actual criticism of the content of the article?

Where to start? The fact they did not site the study for us to reference or the fact that it is twenty years old by their own account? Yes, I would need to review the study to see how accurate it is and if it even holds merit on the subject and if the data was peer reviewed by a non-partial party. They only first reference that study prior to referencing some guys local survey which it appears this claim was made from so I don't trust a word of that article.

So likely that article is disinformation but my disinformation accusation was due to your inference of what I said as if it is more accurate then my own words; an attempt at changing my statement into some fictional unreasonable binary.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 15:37:11

At 3/30/22 03:21 PM, bumbaclad wrote:

disinformation
Where to start? The fact they did not site the study for us to reference or the fact that it is twenty years old by their own account? Yes, I would need to review the study to see how accurate it is and if it even holds merit on the subject and if the data was peer reviewed by a non-partial party. They only first reference that study prior to referencing some guys local survey which it appears this claim was made from so I don't trust a word of that article.

So likely that article is disinformation but my disinformation accusation was due to your inference of what I said as if it is more accurate then my own words; an attempt at changing my statement into some fictional unreasonable binary.

I noticed that your not posting any sources to counter it, which most likely means you can't defend your own claims against the mountain of statistics, and studies, against it, that you can find anywhere. So, at this point, you are the one promoting misinformation. No amount of projections, and deflection, on your part will change that.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 15:45:00

At 3/30/22 11:57 AM, EdyKel wrote:
Well, with people saying "Just say you want whites to go extinct." over the most non-offensive comment, It would explain why there are still huge racial disparities to this day in incarceration rates, wealth, and representation, in this country. There are those in the dominate racial group in this country, which controls the majority of wealth, jobs, and positions of power, who view those who are not part of it as a threat to it. It's just how it is, how it has always been.

You cannot blame people for being successful as if everyone who is successful do so at the determinant of others. Race may have been a factor for many people starting from a lower class today due to past injustices but should never be the focus today as it is an antiquated factor. I would go as far to say that there will always be disparities that could be grouped by race because people will never be equal as we are all individuals and all with unique experiences and there are many ways people can group others to reach their desired result. Considering the majority of Americans came here after the slave trade to escape their own instances of oppression, some more vile then others, also started in a very low class and suffered from similar racial bias. I am thankful we corrected those wrongs and do not wish to repeat it.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 15:46:36 (edited 2022-03-30 15:48:54)

At 3/30/22 03:37 PM, EdyKel wrote:

disinformation

I noticed that your not posting any sources to counter it, which most likely means you can't defend your own claims against the mountain of statistics, and studies, against it, that you can find anywhere. So, at this point, you are the one promoting misinformation. No amount of projections, and deflection, on your part will change that.

Sources of what? I wasent the one linking nonsense articles. Why would I bother searching for or even believe there are studies countering some random false narrative?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 15:53:53 (edited 2022-03-30 15:55:32)

At 3/30/22 03:45 PM, bumbaclad wrote:
I would go as far to say that there will always be disparities that could be grouped by race

This is probably true, but right now there are real, quantifiable, tangible barriers to entry for white people and asians that don't exist for everyone else in education, government, and business, and supported by the full force of law. Cope, seethe, and be mad, every raced-based law in this country works to the detriment of those two groups for the benefit of everyone else. There is no morally justifying the impacts this has on innocent people and anyone who does justify it only exposes themselves for what they are.

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 16:07:54

You cannot blame people for being successful as if everyone who is successful do so at the determinant of others. Race may have been a factor for many people starting from a lower class today due to past injustices but should never be the focus today as it is an antiquated factor. I would go as far to say that there will always be disparities that could be grouped by race because people will never be equal as we are all individuals and all with unique experiences and there are many ways people can group others to reach their desired result. Considering the majority of Americans came here after the slave trade to escape their own instances of oppression, some more vile then others, also started in a very low class and suffered from similar racial bias. I am thankful we corrected those wrongs and do not wish to repeat it.

It has nothing to do with punishing people who are successful, it's about some punishing people for not being part of their own race, or culture, to protect those things. This has led to such such racial disparities in the country, like where 25% of the black population has been incarcerated at some point in their lives, compared to 10% for the white population - with apologists claiming that Blacks are just more criminal minded or lazy (which are pretty racist). The racial disparity in wealth is not much better, so one racial group having more money will often tend to determine tjeir success over another, while those born into poverty often have criminal records that make climbing the social ladder even harder. That is just basic.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 16:09:47

At 3/30/22 10:10 AM, DioShiba wrote:
At 3/30/22 10:07 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/29/22 07:42 PM, PigLice wrote: Just say you want whites to go extinct. Simpler.
I want humans to go extinct.
Well we're pretty much well on the path to that with the Ukraine-Russia crisis potentially taking a turn toward Nuclear Warfare.

Perhaps I should support Republicans after all, on the grounds that they're more likely to strike preemptively.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 16:10:48

At 3/30/22 03:46 PM, bumbaclad wrote:

disinformation

Sources of what? I wasent the one linking nonsense articles. Why would I bother searching for or even believe there are studies countering some random false narrative?

You are trying to descrid it, right? Just saying you have truth on your side don't mean shit when you can't support a rebuttal to your opponents claim with a valid source. It just makes you look like you are the one peddling misinformation.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 16:52:48

At 3/30/22 04:09 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/30/22 10:10 AM, DioShiba wrote:
At 3/30/22 10:07 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/29/22 07:42 PM, PigLice wrote: Just say you want whites to go extinct. Simpler.
I want humans to go extinct.
Well we're pretty much well on the path to that with the Ukraine-Russia crisis potentially taking a turn toward Nuclear Warfare.
Perhaps I should support Republicans after all, on the grounds that they're more likely to strike preemptively.

Yes.

Let the humans die out.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 18:35:18

At 3/30/22 04:07 PM, EdyKel wrote:
It has nothing to do with punishing people who are successful, it's about some punishing people for not being part of their own race, or culture, to protect those things. This has led to such such racial disparities in the country, like where 25% of the black population has been incarcerated at some point in their lives, compared to 10% for the white population - with apologists claiming that Blacks are just more criminal minded or lazy (which are pretty racist). The racial disparity in wealth is not much better, so one racial group having more money will often tend to determine tjeir success over another, while those born into poverty often have criminal records that make climbing the social ladder even harder. That is just basic.

The statistics you are using are racist and that is why you arguing with awful ideas like that black people are 'criminal minded'; don't recall reading that here but I may have missed it. Why group people by race when region would make much more sense and not be in and of itself racist. As if a person from NY shares the same experience as a person from LA, or WI, or the next town over the bridge, just because they match next to some paint swabs?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 18:39:01

At 3/30/22 04:10 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/30/22 03:46 PM, bumbaclad wrote:

disinformation

You are trying to descrid it, right? Just saying you have truth on your side don't mean shit when you can't support a rebuttal to your opponents claim with a valid source. It just makes you look like you are the one peddling misinformation.

There is nothing left to rebut. Put forward some actual evidence of whatever it is you guys are trying to imply.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 19:07:26

At 3/30/22 06:35 PM, bumbaclad wrote:
At 3/30/22 04:07 PM, EdyKel wrote:
The statistics you are using are racist and that is why you arguing with awful ideas like that black people are 'criminal minded'; don't recall reading that here but I may have missed it. Why group people by race when region would make much more sense and not be in and of itself racist. As if a person from NY shares the same experience as a person from LA, or WI, or the next town over the bridge, just because they match next to some paint swabs?

So, you can't dispute them, and anything that indicates racism from whites, or show racial disparities, are offensive and racist to you, as you bullshit your way through all of this as a convenient defense mechanism to keep your denial. I think that just about sums up your argument here.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-30 19:57:39 (edited 2022-03-30 20:00:57)

disinformation

Linked you to the wrong study, disregard this comment

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-31 18:39:58

At 3/29/22 07:42 PM, PigLice wrote:
At 3/18/22 05:45 PM, ForgotMyChildhoodAcc wrote: The party that allows these extremists who are bordering on the insane, esoteric/mystical fascist movements of the world should be condemned. The more reasonable Republicans (who DO exist, despite what some might think) have a moral obligation to ditch the party line and finally admit that they aren't much different than many of the neoliberal capitalist Democrats by moving into their ranks. Even if you're not a huge fan of the Democrats (which I'm not,) they should always be chosen and advocated for over the lunatics and those who are willing to support the lunatics. Maintaining your Republican identity is empowering this ascendant force that would take our country back centuries.
Yeah, lets' stop with that line of thought, right there. Whites aren't victims, not even a little. People who bring up this right-wing talking point just want to play the victim with claims of reverse racism, with little to show for it, all to ignore the current racial disparities in the country.

Fuck no whites aren't victims I agree with you there brother.

Come on down to Feet Village open 24/7 schedule your visit today!

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-03 16:54:01

Thought this was interesting, and it's how I see it as well:

How Democrats got themselves ensnared in the right's culture-war trap once again.

In recent years, Republicans have become experts at leveraging their own extremism on these issues for electoral gain. The game goes like this: Stake out a right-wing position that cheers the GOP's base, thereby ensuring high turnout in the next election; count on progressive activists to respond with their own mirror-image form of left-wing maximalism and Democratic officeholders to adopt that message as their own; use those words and deeds both to justify the right's original impulse toward extremism and to portray the Republican Party as the country's sole defenders of common sense against an insidious form of progressive ideology.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-04 15:46:04

At 4/3/22 04:54 PM, EdyKel wrote: Thought this was interesting, and it's how I see it as well:

How Democrats got themselves ensnared in the right's culture-war trap once again.

I think this will help illustrate the point:

Flurry of New Laws Move Blue and Red States Further Apart

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — After the governor of Texas ordered state agencies to investigate parents for child abuse if they provide certain medical treatments to their transgender children, California lawmakers proposed a law making the state a refuge for transgender youths and their families.

When Idaho proposed a ban on abortions that empowers relatives to sue anyone who helps terminate a pregnancy after six weeks, nearby Oregon approved $15 million to help cover the abortion expenses of patients from out of state.

As Republican activists aggressively pursue conservative social policies in state legislatures across the country, liberal states are taking defensive actions. Spurred by a U.S. Supreme Court that is expected to soon upend an array of long-standing rights, including the constitutional right to abortion, left-leaning lawmakers from Washington to Vermont have begun to expand access to abortion, bolster voting rights and denounce laws in conservative states targeting LGBTQ minors.

The flurry of action, particularly in the West, is intensifying already marked differences between life in liberal- and conservative-led parts of the country. And it’s a sign of the consequences when state governments are controlled increasingly by single parties. Control of legislative chambers is split between parties now in only two states — Minnesota and Virginia — compared with 15 states 30 years ago.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 09:22:53

At 4/5/22 07:40 AM, FireWaffle wrote: Reading about privilege made me think about all the times I was called that while growing up.

I was called privileged because both my parents were alive and so I couldn’t apply for a scholarship for a private school, despite meeting all the grade and financial requirements.

I was called privileged because I could run faster than anyone else in my has class, because I was the only one who didn’t smoke.

I was called privileged because I had a shitty car by the time I was 18, that I bought with the money I saved when I started working when I was 14, while I was going to school, and I woke up at 5 for my paper route before school.

I was called privileged because I had a job as soon as I was out of high school and started university, while everyone else struggled because they didn’t do all the extra activities I did, because those were for nerds and losers.

I was called privileged because I went to an university, despite them being free in Europe and accessible to everyone, because I was “too smart” and that was probably because I had an easy life and went to those private schools that rejected me on the thesis that I had two parents.

I was called privileged, lucky, “probably sold his ass” when I bought a Tesla at age 23.

And now I’m called privileged, because I’m white, and all the hard work I did to get here doesn’t matter.

Did you mean to make this post in this thread?

The only interactions you’ve had in this thread are here, and as far as I can ascertain nobody called you “privileged”.

Since this topic is about Republicans, the shift in topic to being referred to as “privileged” from someone who’s not American is a bit outta leftfield for me, so I don’t understand why it’s been brought up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 09:29:38 (edited 2022-04-05 09:30:00)

At 4/5/22 09:26 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
At 4/5/22 09:22 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/5/22 07:40 AM, FireWaffle wrote: Reading about privilege made me think about all the times I was called that while growing up.

I was called privileged because both my parents were alive and so I couldn’t apply for a scholarship for a private school, despite meeting all the grade and financial requirements.

I was called privileged because I could run faster than anyone else in my has class, because I was the only one who didn’t smoke.

I was called privileged because I had a shitty car by the time I was 18, that I bought with the money I saved when I started working when I was 14, while I was going to school, and I woke up at 5 for my paper route before school.

I was called privileged because I had a job as soon as I was out of high school and started university, while everyone else struggled because they didn’t do all the extra activities I did, because those were for nerds and losers.

I was called privileged because I went to an university, despite them being free in Europe and accessible to everyone, because I was “too smart” and that was probably because I had an easy life and went to those private schools that rejected me on the thesis that I had two parents.

I was called privileged, lucky, “probably sold his ass” when I bought a Tesla at age 23.

And now I’m called privileged, because I’m white, and all the hard work I did to get here doesn’t matter.

The only interactions you’ve had in this thread are here, and as far as I can ascertain nobody called you “privileged”.

Since this topic is about Republicans, the shift in topic to being referred to as “privileged” from someone who’s not American is a bit outta leftfield for me, so I don’t understand why it’s been brought up.
People have been talking about privilege for a little bit here, so I thought I'd add something to the discussion, considering how "white privilege" has been a cornerstone of the american left for a good decade now.

Would you mind providing a link or a quote?

I did a word search for “privilege” and I can’t find anything in this thread (which was made January 27 2022), so I think I want to see what you’re referring.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 09:51:53 (edited 2022-04-05 09:52:22)

At 4/5/22 09:34 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
At 4/5/22 09:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/5/22 09:26 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
At 4/5/22 09:22 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

People have been talking about privilege for a little bit here, so I thought I'd add something to the discussion, considering how "white privilege" has been a cornerstone of the american left for a good decade now.
Would you mind providing a link or a quote?

I did a word search for “privilege” and I can’t find anything in this thread (which was made January 27 2022), so I think I want to see what you’re referring.
There were talks about whites being victims and how they aren't, making a broad generalization of more than a billion of people. This, as I have already said, has been an important point for the american left for a long time, claiming that "whites can't be victims" and so on, with the only basis of that being that "the wrong side says it". I'm against many things the american right says, but this blatant attempt to turn people against eachother by the american left is sickening.

Two things:

This individual brought race into the discussion. They’ve been banned from Twitter.

In the context of talking race, I don’t understand your anecdote as the only person who linked your race to so-called privilege is yourself; it’s self-imposed. The anecdote is not about race.

I do not think discussing the hindrances of particular groups necessarily leads to the privileges of other groups.

By the way, this could've been a DM, but I don't mind sharing my thoughts publicly.

It’s a forum, and I was responding to your post.

PS: just because I'm european, doesn't make my opinion any less valuable, especially if I'm informed about things.

I’m European. This thread is about Republicans, so I don’t understand your anecdote in the context of this topic.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 12:46:08

At 4/5/22 09:34 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
: At 4/5/22 09:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
: : At 4/5/22 09:26 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
: : : At 4/5/22 09:22 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
: : : : At 4/5/22 07:40 AM, FireWaffle wrote:
: : : : : Reading about privilege made me think about all the times I was called that while growing up.
: : : : :
: : : : : I was called privileged because both my parents were alive and so I couldn’t apply for a scholarship for a private school, despite meeting all the grade and financial requirements.
: : : : : I was called privileged because I could run faster than anyone else in my has class, because I was the only one who didn’t smoke.
: : : : : I was called privileged because I had a shitty car by the time I was 18, that I bought with the money I saved when I started working when I was 14, while I was going to school, and I woke up at 5 for my paper route before school.
: : : : : I was called privileged because I had a job as soon as I was out of high school and started university, while everyone else struggled because they didn’t do all the extra activities I did, because those were for nerds and losers.
: : : : : I was called privileged because I went to an university, despite them being free in Europe and accessible to everyone, because I was “too smart” and that was probably because I had an easy life and went to those private schools that rejected me on the thesis that I had two parents.
: : : : : I was called privileged, lucky, “probably sold his ass” when I bought a Tesla at age 23.
: : : : : And now I’m called privileged, because I’m white, and all the hard work I did to get here doesn’t matter.
: : : :
: : : : Did you mean to make this post in this thread?
: : : : The only interactions you’ve had in this thread are here, and as far as I can ascertain nobody called you “privileged”.
: : : : Since this topic is about Republicans, the shift in topic to being referred to as “privileged” from someone who’s not American is a bit outta leftfield for me, so I don’t understand why it’s been brought up.
: : :
: : : People have been talking about privilege for a little bit here, so I thought I'd add something to the discussion, considering how "white privilege" has been a cornerstone of the american left for a good decade now.
: :
: : Would you mind providing a link or a quote?
: :
: : I did a word search for “privilege” and I can’t find anything in this thread (which was made January 27 2022), so I think I want to see what you’re referring.
:
: There were talks about whites being victims and how they aren't, making a broad generalization of more than a billion of people. This, as I have already said, has been an important point for the american left for a long time, claiming that "whites can't be victims" and so on, with the only basis of that being that "the wrong side says it". I'm against many things the american right says, but this blatant attempt to turn people against eachother by the american left is sickening.

You are entirely right to bring it up and calling it "privilege" was a perfectly fine way to put what was being said. Some people here are simply very dishonest.

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 13:05:04

At 4/5/22 12:46 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
You are entirely right to bring it up and calling it "privilege" was a perfectly fine way to put what was being said. Some people here are simply very dishonest.

What is “dishonest” about it?

Nobody is discussing white privilege.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 13:26:42 (edited 2022-04-05 13:37:30)

Elon Musk now has a 9% stake in Twitter after a massive poll of his, with over 2 million participants, overwhelmingly showed that people don't believe it supports free speech. He is now the largest stakeholder and sits on the board of directors. It's an absolutely massive deal for Republicans, who have been on the receiving end of the most egregious examples of political censorship we have seen in America in many decades, including with the Hunter Biden story.

Even though it is technically good news, it's just sad to me that minimum standards of free speech for conservatives will be enforced because we have a sympathetic billionaire in our back pocket, and not because free speech as a concept is still valued by both aisles in society. It's not. We are constantly fighting an uphill battle for the most tame among us to have a shadow of a voice.

iu_596558_9743139.png

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 13:31:36 (edited 2022-04-05 13:32:03)

At 3/19/22 10:39 AM, TecNoir wrote:
At 3/18/22 12:12 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 3/17/22 05:28 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: He also kept Putin contained with no new aggressive acts during his time, which means something considering that both attacks on Ukraine happened before and after his tenure.
NBC: Russia attacks, seizes Ukrainian vessels in Black Sea off Crimea (2018)

Your thoughts on this?
Crickets I guess.

Anyways are we witnessing the unmasking of a pro-Russian shill?

GDS has just given me the silent treatment, too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 13:43:25 (edited 2022-04-05 13:44:02)

At 4/5/22 01:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

Nobody said the words white privilege, they just said "There are those in the dominant racial group in this country, which controls the majority of wealth, jobs, and positions of power." .

Obviously two very different things with no relationship whatsoever! I don't know how the other poster could have made a such a connection.

That is why I am saying it's dishonest. Also, it's manifestly false lol.

And if you're getting ignored, consider that your post might be either low quality, bait, or both.

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-04-05 13:46:27

At 4/5/22 01:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

I think we discussed white privilege a few years back. Maybe they were referring to that topic? Otherwise, they may be oversensitive to any discussion over race, which is being heavily nurtured by the right to make them feel like victims of the "racist left", and to ignore what actual racial disparities look like. And I guess some people feel the need to defend Republicans over this, since they are platforming on white identity politics and victimhood over it.