00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1Her0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Republican thread

14,993 Views | 428 Replies

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-10 07:48:06

At 2/9/22 11:41 PM, EdyKel wrote: So, the Republican controlled legislature in Florida is considering a bill called "Don't Say Gay" that would "bar LGBTQ discussions in schools". I know they have nothing better to do in the state than to ramp up fervent support, from their base, so they will to turn out and vote in their culture war in the midterms, and Gubernatorial election, but this is overboard. And Gov. And Ron DeSantis, there, is still heavily playing the victim card over Conservatives being canceled, who said he will sign this bill if passed..

Even if you’re one of those people that like to keep sexuality out of the curriculum, this bill is still bad because of the heavy-handed nature of its language. It is worded vaguely enough to force school administrators into being extra-cautious on gay expression, and that may mean simple statements of fact from a student such as “my parents are gay” may inspire a lawsuit. Here is a good Twitter thread explaining it.

If passed, I imagine that Florida judges would eventually strike the elements of this bill that step on the 1A rights of the gay students, but that may take months after signing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-24 22:24:55

I'm just going to throw this out here, since it's very political and very right-wing, and it's going to happen on the same day as Biden's State of the Union Address in the capital: Small convoy opposing COVID-19 mandates departs from California

...and they are protesting agaisnt covid mandates in the US, which are pretty much over.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-24 23:59:35

so did we talk about how greg abbot declared trans affirmation (not just the meds or procedure, affirmation) child abuse, and is declaring children to be ripped from their parents if they affirm their child's gender?

also, if anyone sees a trans youth and doesn't report them to the authorities he's declared that a criminal offense

texas, the fuck are you doing

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 20:19:50

At 2/24/22 11:59 PM, Gario wrote: so did we talk about how greg abbot declared trans affirmation (not just the meds or procedure, affirmation) child abuse, and is declaring children to be ripped from their parents if they affirm their child's gender?

also, if anyone sees a trans youth and doesn't report them to the authorities he's declared that a criminal offense

texas, the fuck are you doing

Well to be fair is it that surprising?

A lot of people in the conservative party have a bit of a history of transphobia. As much as I think that it's a bad thing it's not like anyone is shocked or surprised by this. Just another thing for people to protest against on the LGBTQ+ end.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 21:30:31

I like political parties that don't get our allies invaded by our biggest rivals two administrations in a row. iu_562733_9743139.webp

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 21:43:26

At 2/27/22 09:30 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: I like political parties that don't get our allies invaded by our biggest rivals two administrations in a row.

I like political parties that don't ass lick a foreign country's dicator, either because they like the way that country's dictator acts or they just want to be spiteful toward the other party in power by supporting another countries dictator.

'Almost treasonous': Romney condemns GOP voices backing Putin

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 21:52:10

At 2/27/22 09:43 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/27/22 09:30 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: I like political parties that don't get our allies invaded by our biggest rivals two administrations in a row.
I like political parties that don't ass lick a foreign country's dicator, either because they like the way that country's dictator acts or they just want to be spiteful toward the other party in power by supporting another countries dictator.

Zero amount of links will ever change the basic facts of reality. Did Russia take territory from US allies during the past two Democrat administrations? Yes. Did Russia take territory from US allies during the previous two Republican administrations, but more importantly the last one? No.

Cope and seethe as necessary.

iu_562754_9743139.jpg

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 22:19:01

At 2/27/22 09:52 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:

Zero amount of links will ever change the basic facts of reality. Did Russia take territory from US allies during the past two Democrat administrations? Yes. Did Russia take territory from US allies during the previous two Republican administrations, but more importantly the last one? No.

Seethe at what? All I see is that you are flailing about, not being able articulate how this invasion could have been avoided, while trying to defend terrible Republican leaders who did Putin's work for him.

Bush got us into two unpopular wars that pretty much killed off the country's faith in our wars abroad to stem off any foreign aggression - You know, the military imperialism you condemn. And Trump was famously known for ass kissing Putin, who wanted him as president because he was such divisive leader in the US - more damaging to this country than any war. That is reality.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 22:43:01 (edited 2022-02-27 22:43:51)

At 2/27/22 10:19 PM, EdyKel wrote:

Seethe at what? All I see is that you are flailing about, not being able articulate how this invasion could have been avoided, while trying to defend terrible Republican leaders who did Putin's work for him.

Bush got us into two unpopular wars that pretty much killed off the country's faith in our wars abroad to stem off any foreign aggression - You know, the military imperialism you condemn. And Trump was famously known for ass kissing Putin, who wanted him as president because he was such divisive leader in the US - more damaging to this country than any war. That is reality.

At this point I don't even think there is any incentive to reason with him.

I'm not going to bother telling you what to do with him since that's not my place but given his behaviors in several other threads it's pretty obvious he's just doing this because:

A) He's trolling and wants attention

B) He just loves Putin

or C) Probably both.

Not gonna speculate on anything else and it's why I haven't bothered replying to him in any of the threads I posted in after calling him out without saying he's being outright narcissitic in another thread in the past hour. Just my observation.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 23:10:44

At 2/27/22 10:43 PM, DioShiba wrote:

I'm not going to bother telling you what to do with him since that's not my place but given his behaviors in several other threads it's pretty obvious he's just doing this because:

B) He just loves Putin
or C) Probably both.

Not gonna speculate on anything else and it's why I haven't bothered replying to him in any of the threads I posted in after calling him out without saying he's being outright narcissitic in another thread in the past hour. Just my observation.

I just view him as very young, naive, very full of himself, and very much into white wokeness victimhood on steroids - and being a mobile billboard of right-wing talking points from social media....

I try to avoid him as much as possible, but it's often difficult to ignore his almost daily posts/rants of things he magnifies and virtual signals over... and to ignore the shear number of hypocrisies and double standards in them. They just cry out to be responded to.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 23:20:02

B) He just loves Putin
or C) Probably both.

I blocked him long time ago. Also when he was Poseidon.

I have no patience with idiots.

F*ck Putin the murderer, RIP Alexei Navalny

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to The Republican thread 2022-02-27 23:22:49

At 2/27/22 11:20 PM, RoboHex wrote:

B) He just loves Putin
or C) Probably both.

I blocked him long time ago. Also when he was Poseidon.

I have no patience with idiots.

Well if he’s relying on alts then I’m gonna do the same and block him as well. Pretty clear he’s not doing anything in good faith on my end as much as he claims to.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-05 09:21:29

At 1/27/22 10:35 PM, Sequenced wrote: hilarious you call yourself republican

What is the difference between Donald Trump and the Biblical figure Jonas?

When Jonas drew the short straw, he confessed to his fellow shipmates and abandoned ship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-07 22:42:22

At this point, I am convinced that Republicans really have no viable platform to offer the country this year, other than identity politics, and being vindictive against Democrats.

They were all over the place during the pandemic, often supporting contrarian views from those of the medical community over covid, and calling their own actions "freedom from tyranny" from covid restrictions. Now they want to go after Dr. Fauci if they retake Congress.

They are all over the place over the Ukraine war, often criticizing Biden while not offering a viable alternative plan other than saying that a Republican president would have prevented it - if they are not supporting Putin.

They are now mulling over repealing Obamcare again, even though they failed under Trump, in part because their proposed replacement to it was outright cruel and hated by the general public.

Their whole tough on crime approach seems to be full of double standards, and partisan politics, as they seem to want laws that only to apply to their opponents, and certain groups, but not to them, or their base - with red state laws over who can protest, and their victimization of those who participated in an attempted coup on Jan 6th ( and Trump's part in it and much more, as many of them fanatically defend him from investigations into his wrongdoings.

And their other proposed policies are are unpopular, which is all the more reason why they want to beat the populist drum over identity politics. Too much red meat, making their base angry, and not healthy for this country.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-09 23:46:58 (edited 2022-03-09 23:47:49)

So, lets keep this to another topic that is more appropriate:

At 3/9/22 11:25 PM, Zacied wrote:
At 3/9/22 10:21 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/9/22 09:02 PM, Zacied wrote:
At 3/9/22 12:21 AM, EdyKel wrote: one party knows that if they don't accept campaign funds from such companies then they can not compete with the other party who attacks labor rights, environmental regulations, and worker unions, as a cause for higher labor costs and subsequent product prices...
Lmfao, if there is a party in the US that cares about labor rights or unions it isn't one of the two major parties. Holy delusion lmao.
Last time I looked Democrats didn't attack labor unions or labor rights, and installed judges/justices into the sytem who often rule against them. It's why most labor unions support Democrats. Yes, you are quite delusional - along with GDS.
Lmfao, let's ignore NAFTA, let's ignore old Billie Clinton cutting welfare (most of which going to children), let's ignore Demonrats pushing super predators and three strike laws (Biden is a hell of a guy!). Dream land, but more likely you are happy with the Dems because you are doing well under this shit system. Republicans and Democrats are equally trash, only the PRIVILEGED give a shit either way.

Yes, let's ignore the complicated issue of NAFTA, which didn't improve much under Trump - despite his boasting.

Gutting welfare? Super predators? Three strike laws? What does any of this have to do with worker rights and labor unions that Republicans are attacking. It's like your squatting down and shitting out anything that you think hurts Democrats, to create false equivalencies, even though Republicans continue to attack welfare and social programs, and seek no effort in reforming our current justice system that has created the biggest prison system in the world - and under Trumpism, they are even more draconic over it with their tough on crime rhetoric. So, yes, you are delusional. I wonder how much further down the rabbit hole you will go to support your narrative?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-10 10:59:55

All but 15 Republicans and 2 Democrats voted to make life harder and everything more expensive. I like Ilhan Omar more and more. Dare I say she's almost based? Was neutral on Boebert and am now vaguely positive.

Annie Grayer on Twitter: "The House voted with a wide bipartisan majority to pass a ban on importing Russian oil, natural gas and coal into the United States. The final vote was 414-17, with two Dems, Reps. Cori Bush & Rep. Ilhan Omar, and 15 Rs voting against the bill. https://t.co/NnysAGRO3n" / Twitter

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-10 11:31:24 (edited 2022-03-10 11:40:19)

At 3/10/22 10:59 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: All but 15 Republicans and 2 Democrats voted to make life harder and everything more expensive. I like Ilhan Omar more and more. Dare I say she's almost based? Was neutral on Boebert and am now vaguely positive.

Annie Grayer on Twitter: "The House voted with a wide bipartisan majority to pass a ban on importing Russian oil, natural gas and coal into the United States. The final vote was 414-17, with two Dems, Reps. Cori Bush & Rep. Ilhan Omar, and 15 Rs voting against the bill. https://t.co/NnysAGRO3n" / Twitter

Yeah, things aren't going to get much better until Putin quits his personnel crusade to bring back his Russian empire, which is what caused the rise in gas prices in the first place.

And about 80% of the public backs banning that 3% Russian oil that comes here.

Also: Republicans, Once Harsh Ukraine Critics, Pivot to Strong Support

Ex-Trump national security advisor John Bolton says 'Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him,' so he chose not to invade Ukraine

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-10 12:19:32

How to fleece your base...

Trump asking supporters to fund new plane after emergency landing...

Reminds me of what many evangelical preachers also do, who solidly support the former groper in chief.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-10 14:09:08

At 3/10/22 12:19 PM, EdyKel wrote: How to fleece your base...

Trump asking supporters to fund new plane after emergency landing...

Reminds me of what many evangelical preachers also do, who solidly support the former groper in chief.

Trump should ask his supporters to fund Trump-hotel in Russia, and then move his a$$ over there.

Good riddance.

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-10 23:04:50

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-11 04:26:44

At 3/10/22 11:04 PM, EdyKel wrote: Yup, Florida is on it's way to fascism, while convincing people it's being run by the party of freedom:

Florida OKs bill aimed at keeping immigrants out of state

Antigay bill is Florida's latest culture war

Florida passes the nation's first law restricting how employers talk about race at work

Sounds like this state is run by a bunch of 96 year olds.

F*ck SCOTUS

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-11 06:15:29

Pretty much how I feel about the biological weapons story. Tulsi Gabbard is pretty good on these things. Has any US journalist been better about covering these events than Carlson? Serious question, i'd like to read them.

Wittgenstein on Twitter: "Tulsi Gabbard about secret biolabs in Ukraine https://t.co/jPeEoE74Wk" / Twitter

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-11 06:22:33

This chart ends before Biden was in office lmao.

Sorry but Trump was right on many key facts about foreign policy, and you can't deny it now.

iu_572636_9743139.webp

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-11 12:40:59

At 3/11/22 06:22 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: This chart ends before Biden was in office lmao.

Sorry but Trump was right on many key facts about foreign policy, and you can't deny it now.

At 3/11/22 06:22 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: This chart ends before Biden was in office lmao.

Right about what, exactly?

At 3/11/22 06:15 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Pretty much how I feel about the biological weapons story. Tulsi Gabbard is pretty good on these things. Has any US journalist been better about covering these events than Carlson? Serious question, i'd like to read them.

Wittgenstein on Twitter: "Tulsi Gabbard about secret biolabs in Ukraine https://t.co/jPeEoE74Wk" / Twitter

Tulsi Gabbard is bat shit insane, and is more Republican than Democrat.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-13 21:45:37

Ukraine war becomes a cudgel in Republican Party's internal conflict

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The war in Ukraine has opened a new front in the U.S. Republican Party's civil war, with party primary candidates vying to run in the November midterm elections attacking each other for past comments praising Russian President Vladimir Putin.

So, many Republican controlled state legislatures are passing all sorts of bad laws strictly on party line, all to excite their base to turn out and vote this year, and they not really interested in what they will cause down the road. It's all about short term gains.

Absolute GOP power in Frankfort leads to tsunami of bad ideas that will soon become law

Just one small symbolic indignity in a session of larger ones. But it shows exactly why statehouse Republicans have been so dismissive of worries over transparency, so ready to post shell bills that won’t be revealed until voting time, so quick to cut down on discussion. They know they’re going to do whatever they want, so public discussion, public opposition or the public good are concepts totally beside the point.

Could the Arizona Legislature be any more embarassing? Here's the latest fiasco

It seems our leaders, Republicans and Democrats alike, fast-tracked a bill into law last week, one that will change the way party activists become party officials.

Only none of the legislators actually read the bill before voting on it. Now Republican Party activists are furious and Republican lawmakers are scrambling to fix it.

Something made all the harder by the fact that they will need the help of Democratic legislators — people they’ve rolled over and ignored for years — to fix it.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-15 20:32:36

I thought this was kinda funny... and it was made by a Republican group who don't like Trump.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-15 22:02:22

At 3/15/22 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote: I thought this was kinda funny... and it was made by a Republican group who don't like Trump.

What is your opinion on The Lincoln Project?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-16 11:57:04

At 3/15/22 10:02 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 3/15/22 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote: I thought this was kinda funny... and it was made by a Republican group who don't like Trump.

Well, they are a conservative/Republican group, opposed to Trump - and Trumpism. They created some good anti-Trump commercials during Trump's time in office, and they supported Biden over Trump's reelection bid.

They suffered some scandals in top management in recent years.The oddest sideshow of the group were the Conways, a married couple, with the husband working for Lincoln Project and the wife working at the Trump White House, and their Daughter who seemed to be the more grounded of the two.

I use to think they were a group of Republicans with some principles to stand on in the era of Trumpism, but now I wonder if there is something more going on with them...

Response to The Republican thread 2022-03-16 12:24:51

At 3/16/22 11:57 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/15/22 10:02 PM, TecNoir wrote:
Well, they are a conservative/Republican group, opposed to Trump - and Trumpism. They created some good anti-Trump commercials during Trump's time in office, and they supported Biden over Trump's reelection bid.

They suffered some scandals in top management in recent years.The oddest sideshow of the group were the Conways, a married couple, with the husband working for Lincoln Project and the wife working at the Trump White House, and their Daughter who seemed to be the more grounded of the two.

I use to think they were a group of Republicans with some principles to stand on in the era of Trumpism, but now I wonder if there is something more going on with them...

Just curious, if you're looking for a politician with principles, what were your thoughts on Bernie Sanders? What I've found is that there is actually decent overlap between what Trump voters really want and Bernie supporters. It seems like political division and vague language often blurs the fact that many voters on both sides of the aisle actually are concerned with many of the same issues.