00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Avrram just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Republican thread

14,984 Views | 428 Replies

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 22:06:23

At 1/28/22 09:23 PM, JojoTully wrote: Republicans on Newgrounds when they realize this thread isn't pro-right:

nah its just edy projecting again

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 22:10:38

At 1/28/22 10:06 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/28/22 09:23 PM, JojoTully wrote: Republicans on Newgrounds when they realize this thread isn't pro-right:

Yup, and that's Sequence's contribution to the thread.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-28 23:16:10

At 1/28/22 10:16 PM, JojoTully wrote:
At 1/28/22 10:06 PM, Sequenced wrote:
You're probably not gonna like me then. I mostly agree with them.

i dont care about someone hating on a particular political ideology - what i do care about is someone being two - faced claiming to be one thing and saying another.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 00:21:47 (edited 2022-01-29 00:22:44)

never mind

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 05:49:15

At 1/28/22 06:03 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 1/28/22 05:29 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/28/22 01:13 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 1/28/22 01:07 PM, Gario wrote:
At 1/28/22 12:57 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
There is a literal nazi party right now, in China, actively genociding the Uyghur people.
indeed

why are you bringing this up in a thread about republicans
Read the last paragraph of my message
This is itself an attempt to silence criticism. "It's shittier elsewhere" is not an argument.
Yeah, I'm sure the Uyghurs in China really do hate the Republicans for how mean and racist they are!

These are two separate problems. Both need to be dealt with. Arguing which is worse will get you nowhere.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 12:34:37

At 1/28/22 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 08:27 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/28/22 07:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 04:46 PM, TecNoir wrote: What beliefs do you hold that make you think that the Republican party is still the party that represents you?
They use to, with their conservation approach on the environment, defending small businesses, and attempts to defend and promote democracy around the world, but they slowly eroded into their current form where much of these platforms no longer appeal to their base, just identity politics.
That doesn't really answer my question, it just tells me what they used to believe.
Well, I suppose you already answered your question then.

In that case have you considered switching to a party that better represents you?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 13:00:25

At 1/29/22 12:34 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/28/22 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 08:27 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/28/22 07:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/28/22 04:46 PM, TecNoir wrote: What beliefs do you hold that make you think that the Republican party is still the party that represents you?
They use to, with their conservation approach on the environment, defending small businesses, and attempts to defend and promote democracy around the world, but they slowly eroded into their current form where much of these platforms no longer appeal to their base, just identity politics.
That doesn't really answer my question, it just tells me what they used to believe.
Well, I suppose you already answered your question then.
In that case have you considered switching to a party that better represents you?

I don't see a point in switching parties, since I live in California, and like to see more balance here since many Democrats here go to far to the left with some of their loony policies, but many Republicans are making it harder to support them when they channel Trumpism. A recent example was Larry Elders, a radio conservative political commentator, who was running in the gubernatorial recall election (which was started by Trumpers), and he didn't offer any specific details an anything but to channel Trumpism... And the Republicans I do support don't excite the base to turn out and vote for them, so they usually lose. And 3rd parties have the luxury of having nothing to show for since they have never been in power, so they can over promise the world to naive people for their blind support, while knowing they won't ever be in power.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 17:54:53

At 1/29/22 12:21 AM, EdyKel wrote: never mind

Best Nirvana album, but a bit overrated.

Your (former) resident furfag on NG!

"SHAMWOW IS NOT OXYCLEAN, A DOG IS NOT A BROTHER. HOW DARE YOU SHRUG CLYDE'S LOSS OFF SO EASILY." ~ Billy Mays

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 18:13:45

At 1/29/22 05:54 PM, RefurbishedGraywulf wrote:
At 1/29/22 12:21 AM, EdyKel wrote: never mind
Best Nirvana album, but a bit overrated.

Well, there aren't that many Nirvana albums to choose from, and Nirvana in general are a bit overrated.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 18:40:34

At 1/29/22 01:00 PM, EdyKel wrote: I don't see a point in switching parties, since I live in California, and like to see more balance here since many Democrats here go to far to the left with some of their loony policies, but many Republicans are making it harder to support them when they channel Trumpism. A recent example was Larry Elders, a radio conservative political commentator, who was running in the gubernatorial recall election (which was started by Trumpers), and he didn't offer any specific details an anything but to channel Trumpism... And the Republicans I do support don't excite the base to turn out and vote for them, so they usually lose. And 3rd parties have the luxury of having nothing to show for since they have never been in power, so they can over promise the world to naive people for their blind support, while knowing they won't ever be in power.

Can you name some Republicans that you support? Do you vote?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 21:11:45

At 1/29/22 06:40 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/29/22 01:00 PM, EdyKel wrote: I don't see a point in switching parties, since I live in California, and like to see more balance here since many Democrats here go to far to the left with some of their loony policies, but many Republicans are making it harder to support them when they channel Trumpism. A recent example was Larry Elders, a radio conservative political commentator, who was running in the gubernatorial recall election (which was started by Trumpers), and he didn't offer any specific details an anything but to channel Trumpism... And the Republicans I do support don't excite the base to turn out and vote for them, so they usually lose. And 3rd parties have the luxury of having nothing to show for since they have never been in power, so they can over promise the world to naive people for their blind support, while knowing they won't ever be in power.
Can you name some Republicans that you support? Do you vote?

I have been voting for almost 30 years now. Bush H. was the first one I voted for, and this was over his attempt for a 2nd term - though he lost. Bod Dole was the 2nd in 96. Didn't vote for either Bush or Gore in 2000, but supported Kerry in 2004, because I was disgusted by the Iraq war... Voted for Obama both times, then threw away my vote on Trump in 2016 because I didn't like either of the candidates. I would have voted for Kaisach in 2016 over Trump. Republicans I would support for any White House run would be Jon Huntsmen, Jeff Flake, or even Mitt Romney

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 21:28:44

At 1/29/22 09:11 PM, EdyKel wrote: I have been voting for almost 30 years now. Bush H. was the first one I voted for, and this was over his attempt for a 2nd term - though he lost. Bod Dole was the 2nd in 96. Didn't vote for either Bush or Gore in 2000, but supported Kerry in 2004, because I was disgusted by the Iraq war... Voted for Obama both times, then threw away my vote on Trump in 2016 because I didn't like either of the candidates. I would have voted for Kaisach in 2016 over Trump. Republicans I would support for any White House run would be Jon Huntsmen, Jeff Flake, or even Mitt Romney

Do you have any predictions for who the frontrunner in the 2024 election will be? If Trump runs again, would you vote for him? Do you think him or Biden will run again?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-29 22:49:35

2022: Republicans going crazy over Biden confirming he will choose a black woman for the supreme court pick.

2020: Republican President saying he will pick a woman for the supreme court pick and it is completely fine.

Cognitive dissonance.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-30 06:37:49

Honorable Dr. Reverend Mr. President Donald J Trump, PhD.: “If I run & if I win, we will treat those people from January 6th fairly. We will treat them fairly. And if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons. Because they are being treated so unfairly.”

He has my vote! But its not enough to just pardon the innocent, he must begin prosecutions himself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1487620394290974725

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-30 10:43:04 (edited 2022-01-30 10:48:29)

This is mainly just opinion based on observation but I will say this.

If the Republican Party got it's shit together and it's priorities straight then I'd be happy to vote for some of their politicians. But to be honest that hasn't happened for a few years since the W. Bush era (maybe even before that)

The problem is that since there's been a shift in mindset where the older Republicans who are boomers and the less educated shifted a little more to the hardcore side of conservatism over the past few years where it is beginning to borderline into fascist territory, that isn't to say that it will but it's a little scary to think that the G.O.P. is allowing for that kind of thing to happen and disapprove that. Trump getting into the political circle didn't help that either and personally I question whether or not it's going to help stabilize the party in that regard until someone finally uses some tact to call out Trump and get him to fuck off.

And that's the problem the Republican party faces. It does not help when the majority of the party is filled with a couple of religious folk who think that pushing Christianity onto others is going to help either when that will alienate voters. That's where it's become difficult for me to tolerate the Conservative side of things as it is now because of the cultural and social aspect of politics. It does not help when Democrats are too superficial with the issues and only tell you the things you want to hear. With people getting more extreme on their views both sides of the aisle it's very difficult to be moderate because no matter what balanced opinion you have you get called a centrist, a term that very recently I have felt lost it's meaning and more as a buzzword to disregard the opinions of others.

I say this more or less because I opted not to vote in 2016. Had it been any other candidate than Trump I actually would have voted on the Republican side despite the fact that I disagree with them on many social issues and feeling that Obama, despite being the lesser evil back in 2008 and 2012 between McCain and Mitt Romney wasn't all that great on the financial side of things.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-30 12:40:36

At 1/29/22 09:28 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 1/29/22 09:11 PM, EdyKel wrote: I have been voting for almost 30 years now. Bush H. was the first one I voted for, and this was over his attempt for a 2nd term - though he lost. Bod Dole was the 2nd in 96. Didn't vote for either Bush or Gore in 2000, but supported Kerry in 2004, because I was disgusted by the Iraq war... Voted for Obama both times, then threw away my vote on Trump in 2016 because I didn't like either of the candidates. I would have voted for Kaisach in 2016 over Trump. Republicans I would support for any White House run would be Jon Huntsmen, Jeff Flake, or even Mitt Romney
Do you have any predictions for who the frontrunner in the 2024 election will be? If Trump runs again, would you vote for him? Do you think him or Biden will run again?

Not really. At the moment Trump is still campaigning, and raking in campaign donations as if he was going to run in 2024, making money from that, and his social media service "TRUTH" scam, but he has yet to officially announce it. This has caused a rift among him and Ron DeSantis, a Trumpist, who has 2024 ambitions, and leads in the polls as a potential 2024 GOP front runner. But, he can't announce it as long as Trump keeps hinting at it to keep campaign money flowing into his coffers, and gets attention from it. And I suspect that other Trump loyalists who want to also run in 2024 are getting antsy as well.

As for Biden, there's been some rumors about a shakeup going into the 2024 election, but that is all. Biden, by all accounts, is still healthy and he can still run for a 2nd term.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-30 22:24:37 (edited 2022-01-30 22:24:50)

A Republican Rep criticizing Dr. Fauci, while using a quote from a Neo Nazi but attributing it to Voltaire who never said it:

iu_539134_3128420.png

US Rep. Thomas Massie shared a quote on Twitter he misattributed to French philosopher Voltaire. It was actually said by an American neo-Nazi.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 05:02:46

At 1/30/22 06:37 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
But its not enough to just pardon the innocent, he must begin prosecutions himself.

prosecutions for what, dare i ask

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 05:49:36

At 1/31/22 05:02 AM, Gario wrote:
At 1/30/22 06:37 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
But its not enough to just pardon the innocent, he must begin prosecutions himself.

Trust the plan.

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 08:40:12

At 1/27/22 03:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: The party seems to delight in prompting vaccine hesitancy, and making the pandemic worse, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths, and which seems to have made the supply chain problems worse right now by all the sick people who are unable to work to get things to stores or provide services.

this is such a confusing subject.

First, trump bragged on about how "he" developed vaccines in "record time", and how they're so safe and reliable. And back then, if I recall correctly, a lot of Democrats weren't really all so sure about "Trump's" "record-breaking" vaccines. But now the tables have turned, which leads me to believe that it's not a particular party that opposes the vaccines, but whoever takes the mantle of the opposition.

Look at all the protests in canada, germany, france... could they all be labeled as potential trump supporters, or far-right? What about the UK? Boris did a no-no and as a sort of "reward" for the people, he let go of the restrictions (which changes nothing about him btw, he's still an a-hole, just like the rest of them).

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 08:42:59

At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

if we're gonna call out republicans we best go all the way with it

isn't rfk a democrat?

Wanna help me steal a giraffe?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 09:43:07

At 1/31/22 08:40 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 1/27/22 03:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: The party seems to delight in prompting vaccine hesitancy, and making the pandemic worse, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths, and which seems to have made the supply chain problems worse right now by all the sick people who are unable to work to get things to stores or provide services.
First, trump bragged on about how "he" developed vaccines in "record time", and how they're so safe and reliable. And back then, if I recall correctly, a lot of Democrats weren't really all so sure about "Trump's" "record-breaking" vaccines. But now the tables have turned, which leads me to believe that it's not a particular party that opposes the vaccines, but whoever takes the mantle of the opposition.

Can you provide proof of Democrats being "not really sure about Trump's record breaking vaccines"? I don't remember that at all and feel like you are just making it up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 11:42:35

At 1/29/22 10:49 PM, Zachary wrote: 2022: Republicans going crazy over Biden confirming he will choose a black woman for the supreme court pick.

2020: Republican President saying he will pick a woman for the supreme court pick and it is completely fine.

Cognitive dissonance.

As a republican I don't really care. Just give me a qualified person that will uphold the law.

It's the same bullcrap the right falls into when it comes to black folk having conversative views. Like it's more common than you think, don't need to worship it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 12:05:16

At 1/31/22 11:42 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/29/22 10:49 PM, Zachary wrote: 2022: Republicans going crazy over Biden confirming he will choose a black woman for the supreme court pick.

Cognitive dissonance.
As a republican I don't really care. Just give me a qualified person that will uphold the law.

It's the same bullcrap the right falls into when it comes to black folk having conversative views. Like it's more common than you think, don't need to worship it.

Definitely agreed.

And while it is obvious the Democrats are putting it out there to virtue signal, I assume any pick they make will be qualified for the role. Personally I would have preferred if they just made the pick without all the fanfare, but messaging for the Democrats has always been a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 12:15:33

At 1/31/22 08:42 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:
At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

if we're gonna call out republicans we best go all the way with it
isn't rfk a democrat?

*looks it up*

looks like he was back in 2000, at least, and can't find evidence of him changing

huh, well i'll be damned

whoopsie, republicans are not responsible for that one, my mistake

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 12:16:49

At 1/31/22 05:49 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
At 1/31/22 05:02 AM, Gario wrote:
Trust the plan.

i don't know what that means

let's try again

prosecutions for what

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 13:33:23 (edited 2022-01-31 13:36:23)

At 1/31/22 08:40 AM, CitizenGoose wrote: What about the UK? Boris did a no-no and as a sort of "reward" for the people, he let go of the restrictions

Please stop taking out of your arse.

It’s just a horrible bastardisation of tying lessening restrictions to party-gate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 13:59:52

At 1/31/22 08:40 AM, CitizenGoose wrote:

Look at all the protests in canada, germany, france... could they all be labeled as potential trump supporters, or far-right? What about the UK? Boris did a no-no and as a sort of "reward" for the people, he let go of the restrictions (which changes nothing about him btw, he's still an a-hole, just like the rest of them).

You mean Operation Warp Speed. And I didn't hear much opposition from Democrats back then to it, outside of outrage from them over the person leading it, who had a 10 million stake in a company that was receiving govermnet funds from the operation, raising ethical concerns.

Most of the outrage over vaccines has always come from the whiny liberals, who also consider themselves conservatives, right wing, right-wing libertarians, or who knows what. In part, this stems from right-wing media, and just anti-government fringe sites (conspiracy sites), always bringing doubt over the pandemic since it's start, while often blaming China for it...

Their natural distrust of govermnet, anti-regulations, and pro-business approach, were just natural conditions to oppose everything about the pandemic, which leaders like Trump knew, and obliged, because they wanted to get reelected among them. Though, Trump probably didn't realize their would be this much backlash from his own base to his vaccines, which he is now getting booed for when promoting them at his rallies.

And this right-wing mentality over regulation, anti-government, pro-business, and culture, can be applied to other countries. And I believe the vast majority of Truck drivers are just naturally conservative.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 14:03:32

This is unironically the best time for the republican party. Trump shattered the system by fking over the neocons and evangelicals which were both a demographic of a certain age. These spineless bastards promoted their half baked american century plan without a thought to logical outcomes and they worked hand in hand to destroy the wealth of the empire with democrat neocons.

However with Trump and time, these two factions are dying off and out. So there is an extreme power vaccuum that is finally getting filled with more libertarian and constitutionally minded folks. This is the best outcome as it is slowly reinvigorating the party to become a party that actually takes charge on issues and comes up with a proactive stance versus just maintaining status quo.

One of the big issues for the GOP was that they were never for anything, only historically anti-democratic because democrats push the envelope. I think its hilarious now that so many lolbertarians are flooding the party and displacing the evangelicals and moral authoritarians which have flowed towards the democratic party.

I mean just look at the party since 2015 or so. We went from Marco Rubio being sussy baka in the 90s to having Milo be the frontboi for daddy Trump. We have Blaire White being the voice of reason into the LGBT bagel spaces. It's hilarious. It's like 90% of 4chan lolberts hit voting age all at once and are subtly transforming the party into a lolbert paradise instead of getting hoovered up into the green or libertarian party.

I think its very clear that the party is changing and at the low level. The lol level, people are just accepting being called racist which was the biggest stumbling block for the GOP. I'd rather be a member of a party with overtly racist subtext than covertly racist ideology driven moralistic garbage that pretends to give lip service to a cause. The demoncrats have only survived because historically they have hoovered up every single outgroup and tried to make them a voting block even though those same outgroups have real and historical grievances with eachother.

You can't tell me that blacks, gays, women, muslims, feminists and atheists have common goals. Its hilarious. So many of these groups are so diametrically opposed to eachother they would naturally find and equilibrium between parties, The evaporation of the evangelical block was the best thing to happen to the repubs in the past 20 yrs and Trump was only the beginning of nationalist populism.

Nat pop is just beginning to rear its ugly head and as the american empire continues to collapse economically it will be the one force that will take the country throughout the rest of the century. Why? Because National populism is an ideological stance that CAN unite a bunch of disparate outgroups. You can be a muslim or an atheist, a black or gay, a feminist or socialist and still be a national populist by virtue of the fact that you are a citizen of a certain geographic region that benefits from national populist policy.

Unironically, the Right will probably morph it a true NatSoc party by the end of the century once it realizes its in its own best interest to do so. The democrat liberal agenda will be crushed by family values irrespective of religion and dedication to country.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-01-31 14:28:27

Pop your True Patriot™ posts here.

BBS Signature