00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Republican thread

14,964 Views | 428 Replies

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-25 16:46:21

I never knew Newgrounds had so many people who vote against their own interests

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-26 13:05:03

At 7/25/22 04:46 PM, MrAleistar wrote: I never knew Newgrounds had so many people who vote against their own interests

People = shit.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-27 21:13:27

Well, we can start with cleaning up his lawlessness by sending him to jail as a forceful response.

Trump calls U.S. ‘cesspool of crime,’ says ‘nasty’ policies needed in first D.C. speech since leaving office

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called the U.S. a "cesspool of crime," and said a forceful response is needed to violence, in his first remarks in Washington since leaving office.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-27 21:57:05

At 7/27/22 09:13 PM, EdyKel wrote: Well, we can start with cleaning up his lawlessness by sending him to jail as a forceful response.

Trump calls U.S. ‘cesspool of crime,’ says ‘nasty’ policies needed in first D.C. speech since leaving office

Kind of is... did you see that news article today about 3 woman chained up in a dudes house and forced to prostitute in New York?

This is Alvin Braggs soft on crime approach, negating his states vote, declaring himself supreme justice, and creating his own rule of law, illegally allowing prostitution, trespassing, disruption of public services, and misdemeanor drug charges among other things in his declination policy.

Frankly, by the rule of law, the national guard should be deployed to New York to stop an insurrection.

Beauty to Adorn, Wisdom to Contrive, Strength to support 7/4.6

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-27 21:59:52

At 7/27/22 09:13 PM, EdyKel wrote: Well, we can start with cleaning up his lawlessness by sending him to jail as a forceful response.

Woman Found Chained At The Neck To A Stripper Pole, Forced To Work As Prostitute (msn.com)

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-27 22:07:25

it's actually 4 woman

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-27 22:16:16

At 7/27/22 09:57 PM, uhnomal3 wrote:

Kind of is... did you see that news article today about 3 woman chained up in a dudes house and forced to prostitute in New York?

This is Alvin Braggs soft on crime approach, negating his states vote, declaring himself supreme justice, and creating his own rule of law, illegally allowing prostitution, trespassing, disruption of public services, and misdemeanor drug charges among other things in his declination policy.

Frankly, by the rule of law, the national guard should be deployed to New York to stop an insurrection.

Oh, I'm not denying that crime is up all around the country, in blue and red states. It just that no knows how to actually address it, because from the 70's onwards the tough on crime approach just led to the biggest prison population in their world that few states can now afford, with many former incarcerated people going back to jail because we don't actually try to reform them.

So, Trump can claim he is tough on crime all he wants, as a campaign pitch, but he doesn't have an actual plan to deal with it that would fix an already broken system. And this is just to deflect from the criminal actions of Trump. We are talking about a former president who was weak on white collar crimes (crimes of the wealthy), while committing many that most would go to jail for.

Trump particular weak on white collar crime, and peopel like

that will fix a broken sytem, while ignoring white collar crime to focouse on the ppor.

and antto do soemthingabout, to get people to support him, but he doesn't have a plan pother than to make it worse

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-28 17:04:10

They Can't Let Him Back In | Compact Mag

A good piece on the regime's total opposition to Trump from someone within the DC class.

Plan E is to cheat. I know what you are thinking. But I’m not talking about Dominion voting machines. I mean the kind of “pre-cheating” that the regime boasts about as “election fortification”: change the rules in advance in ways that favor Democrats and hurt Republicans, especially in swing states. There is no question that they will do this. Why wouldn’t they? It worked last time, and the more overt cheating they can avoid, the better.

They are already using the federal government to thumb the scale in favor of Democrats. Biden’s Executive Order 14019, “Promoting Access to Voting,” requires “every federal agency to submit a plan to register voters and encourage voter participation. It also required agencies to form strategies to invite nongovernmental third parties to register voters.” That is to say, a federal takeover of state elections by the Biden administration. This is a replay, with federal power, of the $400 million in “Zuckerbucks”—money donated by the tech-oligarch founder of Facebook—that pre-rigged the last election, but this time with taxpayer dollars, a White House aide (Susan Rice) coordinating, and cabinet agencies like Housing and Urban Development implementing, in conjunction with leftwing NGOs. That combination will be hard to beat.

But suppose it is. There is always cheating-cheating. If you believed that Trump presents an unprecedented threat to the republic, would you really object to a few boxes of extra ballots falling off trucks near vote-counting headquarters in Las Vegas, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Atlanta? When the Survival of Our Democracy Is on the Line?

One has to tip one’s hat to the rhetorical disadvantage they have imposed on us. All questioning of any election they win is denounced as paranoid, unpatriotic, “racist,” and a threat to the integrity of the process. (Never mind that they always do it when the right wins; see, for instance, 2000, 2004, and 2016.) The questionable practices such as late-night ballot dumps that lead to our questions are never explained, much less ended. They get to engage in shenanigans that make elections look fishy; we get blamed for saying they look fishy. When we point out that, hey, something looks off there, the response is invariably: How dare you sow doubt about the election! You are undermining confidence in Our Democracy™. Not their shenanigans, but our doubts undermine confidence. But there is reason to wonder if they can get away with it next time.

Whatever happened in 2020, a supermajority of Republicans doesn’t believe that the election was on the level. The regime is extremely worried about this, which is why the propaganda on it is so intense. They know that to pull off a win in 2024, and have it accepted by the 2020 doubters, the next election is at least going to have to look a lot cleaner than the last. Making it look cleaner is hard to do without actually making it cleaner. The downside to that, though, is obvious.

So the choice before them is: Do what(ever) they did last time—and more so, if necessary—and risk an even bigger reaction, or take their chances that they can win a fair fight. (The latter assumes that they have complete control of their minions who run elections at the local level.) But to repeat a point: Perhaps they consider the reaction a feature, not a bug?

Which leaves Plan F, which they have already sketched in broad outlines. I don’t know exactly what form it will take, but they have made clear that “under no circumstance” can Trump be allowed to take office again. Among the “circumstances” covered by the word “no” would seem to be an Electoral College majority, or a tie followed by a House vote in Trump’s favor.

What happens then? Well, in the words of the “Transition Integrity Project,” a Soros-network-linked collection of regime hacks who in 2020 gamed out their strategy for preventing a Trump second term, the contest would become “a street fight, not a legal battle.” Again, their words, not mine. But allow me to translate: The 2020 summer riots, but orders of magnitude larger, not to be called off until their people are secure in the White House.

No pods, no casters

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-28 17:23:50

At 7/28/22 05:04 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: They Can't Let Him Back In | Compact Mag

A good piece on the regime's total opposition to Trump from someone within the DC class.

I 'm sure he is: "'Diversity' is not 'our strength'; it's a source of weakness, tension and disunion." Michael Anton

According to Carlos Lozada, book critic for The Washington Post, Anton's book primarily reprints text from his 2016 editorial, but with a newly added rumination of how dangerous the American left is.[31] Lozada wrote, "Anton spends virtually no time detailing or defending particular policies of the Trump administration; all that matters is the enemy. For Anton, Hillary Clinton is no longer the chief nemesis—the entire left is, along with sellout conservatives and any other forces countering the president. They contribute to a 'spiritual sickness' and 'existential despair' pervading not just the United States but all the West ... Apparently, Flight 93 did not end with the 2016 vote; we are forever on the plane, endlessly in danger, no matter who has seized the controls."

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-28 23:02:47

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-28 23:25:52

At 7/28/22 11:02 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title2-section190m&num=0&edition=prelim Acquit Steve Bannon

He should go to jail. He is a scammer, and he emotionaly exited people over a lie that led to Jan 6th. Even he knew it was a lie.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-28 23:51:47

At 7/28/22 11:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 7/28/22 11:02 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title2-section190m&num=0&edition=prelim Acquit Steve Bannon
He should go to jail. He is a scammer, and he emotionaly exited people over a lie that led to Jan 6th. Even he knew it was a lie.

Well, you should obviously never be allowed to be a juror.

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-29 00:07:24

At 7/28/22 11:51 PM, uhnomal3 wrote:
At 7/28/22 11:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Well, you should obviously never be allowed to be a juror.

And you should stop treating politics like a sports game, where you are okay with your team breaking the rules, acusing the ref off being biased when he calls them out on it, while screaming about how the other team cheated to win the game based on nothing more than your emotion and denial - and what the other fans say.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-29 23:40:55 (edited 2022-07-29 23:42:29)

words and stuff

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-29 23:42:33

At 7/29/22 11:40 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: did you delete my commment edykel
'

I'm not a forum mod.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-29 23:47:32 (edited 2022-07-29 23:47:53)

Every time you'vd laughed, you've laughed at someone or something

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-30 00:02:15

At 7/29/22 11:40 PM, uhnomal3 wrote: words and stuff

how u get my shit before I edit 'em?

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-30 00:02:36

At 7/29/22 11:42 PM, EdyKel wrote:
'
I'm not a forum mod.

how u get my shit before I edit 'em?

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-07-30 03:58:16

At 7/29/22 11:42 PM, EdyKel wrote:
'
I'm not a forum mod.

(Nobody’s touched his posts, for the record.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-01 14:22:20

Oklahoma public schools now require student athletes to submit ‘biological sex affidavit’

Student athletes in Oklahoma are now required to complete a “biological sex affidavit” to verify their sex assigned at birth.

The document will be used by schools to enforce a state law passed in March that prevents transgender athletes from competing on sports teams that match their gender identity.

Transgender athlete bans in two other states may require a student’s health care provider to sign a similar document verifying the student’s sex assigned at birth.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-05 22:01:50

Two articles about the rise of Christian nationalism, and Trump.

After Trump, Christian nationalist ideas are going mainstream – despite a history of violence

In the run-up to the U.S. midterm elections, some politicians continue to ride the wave of what’s known as “Christian nationalism” in ways that are increasingly vocal and direct.

GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a far-right Donald Trump loyalist from Georgia, told an interviewer on July 23, 2022, that the Republican Party “need[s] to be the party of nationalism. And I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists.”

Similarly, Rep. Lauren Boebert, a Republican from Colorado, recently said, “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church.” Boebert called the separation of church and state “junk.”

Many Christian nationalists repeat conservative activist David Barton’s argument that the Founding Fathers did not intend to keep religion out of government.

No, Lt. Gov. Patrick, Christian nationalism, doom and gloom are not the ‘Texas way’

To hear Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick tell it at CPAC, the national gathering of conservatives meeting in Dallas this week, the “Texas Way” isn’t low taxes, less regulation, robust jobs and an emphasis on personal freedom.

Patrick, speaking Thursday, instead described the Texas way in a disturbing, warped message of Christian nationalism, misinterpreting the Bible and reaching farther to the right than anything Donald Trump has said.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-08 14:03:34

I totally agree with this. People on the right are totally scamming the shit out of people for profit with their conspiracies. This is more of a conspiracy in practice than that of the conspiracies they peddle.

Granderson: Alex Jones is no kind of 'theorist'

I don’t like using the phrase “conspiracy theorist” to describe people like Alex Jones, because people like Jones are not “theorists.” They’re snake oil salesmen.

Theorists would be more like scientists. Building on knowledge with hypotheses, perhaps even testing them with research and experiments with controls, collecting data.... You know, they check to see whether their theories are true.

People like Jones are only interested in getting an audience to believe them. Tucker Carlson immediately comes to mind, but there are others, such as the former president. During the Jan. 6 hearings, witness after witness testified that Donald Trump knew the 2020 election wasn’t stolen. But he kept repeating the lie because it was good for the business of Trump. And he kept doing this even after his supporters began threatening poll workers. Even after they threatened to hang the vice president of the United States.

For years Jones has been making millions from the lies he’s spread about the young children who were murdered in their school in Newtown, Conn. Gotta tell ya, it takes a special kind of person to do that. But in calling the Sandy Hook massacre “manufactured” and “completely fake with actors,” all Jones really was doing was presenting America with a choice: keep listening or tune him out. A lot of Americans chose the former, sadly.

More:

Roger Stone makes donation plea for Alex Jones after verdict says he must pay $49m for Sandy Hook 'hoax' claims

After Alex Jones filed for Bankruptcy midway through his trial, while gloating about denying money to his victims.

Marjorie Taylor Greene says it's unfair to ruin Alex Jones for defaming Sandy Hook parents, claims Infowars is right 'most of the time'

Also

Trump Begs Supporters to Donate for ‘Upcoming’ Lawsuit Against CNN

No one knows where much of the 100's of millions in donations to "Trump's Save America" PAC( which was meant to dispute the 2020 election) is, but it's a safe bet that much of went to Trump, through his businesses - similarly to his political campaign PACs.

Trump PAC formed to push debunked voter fraud claims paid $60K to Melania Trump's fashion designer

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 13:20:03 (edited 2022-08-11 13:20:55)

Maybe I should make DeSasntis thread, since he's leading a lot of conservative wet dreams on his yet to be announced campaign march to the White House?

DeSantis education commissioner tells Florida teachers to flout federal LGBTQ protections

State says the anti-discrimination language favored by the Biden administration is not binding law and following the guidance could result in breaking Florida law

Firearms banned at events with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who has argued 'gun-free' zones are less safe

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is hosting rallies for fellow Republicans across the country.
The "Unite & Win" rallies will be held in Arizona, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
Anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from attending, according to organizer Turning Point Action.

*political violence is rising in this country

Analysis-Florida governor's bid for conservative pension bloc faces hurdles

(Reuters) - Florida's governor wants pension plans in conservative U.S. states to band together to fight shareholder initiatives on issues like climate change and diversity, but the idea may prove hard to pull off.

The call by Ron DeSantis last month opened a new front in Republican efforts to push back against activist-led environmental, social and governance -- or ESG -- initiatives at corporate shareholder meetings.

With assets of over $5.7 trillion under management, U.S. state and local defined-benefit pension plans are a powerful shareholder force that can help activists pass or defeat ESG issues on corporate ballots by declaring how they will vote and giving momentum to reform efforts, or slowing them.

But getting them to vote together as a bloc -- as DeSantis wants -- will be tricky, given Republican-controlled state retirement systems have voted differently on the same issue and have oversight structures that complicate efforts to influence their voting. The public funds also are rarely the biggest investors in U.S. companies, limiting their influence.

"It's a shrewd political move to appeal to people who don't like woke capitalism, but are they going to develop this huge voting bloc? No," said Con Hitchcock, a Washington D.C. attorney who advises pension funds.

I'm sure @GenericDungeonSlime aproves of all this, right?

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 16:53:18

At 8/11/22 01:20 PM, EdyKel wrote: DeSantis education commissioner tells Florida teachers to flout federal LGBTQ protections

This side of the pond, we put "national law supercedes state law" in our constitution (verbatim). Why can't you?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 17:44:11 (edited 2022-08-11 17:45:13)

At 8/11/22 04:53 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/11/22 01:20 PM, EdyKel wrote: DeSantis education commissioner tells Florida teachers to flout federal LGBTQ protections
This side of the pond, we put "national law supercedes state law" in our constitution (verbatim). Why can't you?

article VI, clause 2 in the American Constitution states, and i quote:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

it's written word-for-word in the American constitution that federal law supercedes state law, too, it's just that Republicans are lawless dickbags who enjoy pissing all over our founding documents

desantis is flagrantly violating the Constitution by encouraging Florida to engage in federally unlawful acts

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 18:31:39 (edited 2022-08-11 18:38:03)

lots of revenge on the minds of Republicans/Trump. That don't make for good governance. They are becoming the party of revenge, if only to distract voters that they have no pragmatic policies that benefit the average person. And also distracting them from crimes, corruption, and bad behavior, from within their own party.

GOP Vows Revenge for Trump Probes If They Win Congress

Ahead of his impeachment trial, CNN report says Trump remains fixated on getting revenge on Republicans who voted for it

In wake of Bannon indictment, Republicans warn of payback

GOP plots onslaught of Biden probes in the run-up to 2024

If given a majority, GOP will investigate the Jan. 6 investigation

Top Republican on House Oversight eyes Hunter Biden, Fauci as investigative targets - "The Takeout"

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 19:27:22

At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

if we're gonna call out republicans we best go all the way with it

fuck you

-sincerelly, MAGA the unholy bunny

Like flames before heat, the rabbit rises!

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 19:39:11

At 8/11/22 07:27 PM, theunholybunny wrote:
At 1/27/22 05:02 PM, Gario wrote: don't forget about them trying to force alternative views on the holocaust in schools, ban books that show the horrors of nazi germany, and make asinine statements like "antivaxx folk have it harder than the jews, at least they could hide in attics like anne frank"

fuck you

but why tho

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 19:41:59

At 8/11/22 07:39 PM, Gario wrote:

fuck you

but why tho

cuz

BBS Signature

Response to The Republican thread 2022-08-11 19:56:11

At 8/11/22 07:39 PM, Gario wrote:

fuck you

but why tho

Trump all day.

BBS Signature