00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

41,591 Views | 611 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-12 12:40:16

Hello, @Pingu! I may have done a copyright infringement upon the work of Luka Peharda's "Sunset". I can't upload tracks on Newgrounds anymore.

Would you like to help me?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-12 13:55:07

I was false banned and have been for well over a year, tried contacting audio mods about this but never got a response so I was told to go here, and thats what I'm doing, I guess.

Reasons I should be unbanned:

• i have 100 soundcloud followers which means at least some people care about my stuff
  • of course my friend wants me to upload stuff to newgrounds for geometry dash
  • it's literally been a year lol
  • the thing i got banned for was an original song using a free to use vocal loop

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-13 21:27:08

At 5/12/24 01:55 PM, LightningPig wrote: I was false banned and have been for well over a year, tried contacting audio mods about this but never got a response so I was told to go here, and thats what I'm doing, I guess.

1. Not Applicable.
  2. Literally the first thing in the rules:iu_1203411_10429544.png
  3. What was the result of your Audio appeal when it was DM'd to you by the bot? Did you even fill out?
  4. That might be worth looking into: Can you link to where you got the loop and its license?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-13 21:29:21

At 5/12/24 12:40 PM, LakieGD wrote: Hello, @Pingu! I may have done a copyright infringement upon the work of Luka Peharda's "Sunset". I can't upload tracks on Newgrounds anymore.
Would you like to help me?

Are you Luka Peharda, and did you make the track?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-14 01:17:52

I'm not Luka Peharda... I'm @LakieGD.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-14 06:55:13 (edited 2024-05-14 07:00:31)

At 5/14/24 01:17 AM, LakieGD wrote: I'm not Luka Peharda... I'm @LakieGD.

Lakie's issue was resolved per their blogpost.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-14 20:57:29

At 5/12/24 01:55 PM, LightningPig wrote: I was false banned and have been for well over a year, tried contacting audio mods about this but never got a response so I was told to go here, and thats what I'm doing, I guess.

YendorNG is right in the sense that any facts not relating to your rights to use the samples are not at all relevant to your appeal. SoundCloud has basically the same rules as NG. It's just really bad at enforcing them due to overpopulation and scarcity of mods. Your appeal was closed by @LexRodent perhaps because he recognized the exact same sample in the track in question.

I've reopened your appeal, with the caveat that I'd like to see a screen recording of the project if you have that available (you can just pm me an unlisted YT video) and an explanation of some more project details, how it was made, etc. The compositions sound similar and you mention Splice, so what I want to know is how much of the composition is composed of loops and how much of it you wrote in manually.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-16 07:13:50

Hello, My Account was Suspended from the Music Section due to a Song i tried to Publish being Copyrighted.

That Was YEARS Ago, Since i didn't even know what "Copyright" is, but now i know everything and why I accidentally got myself in trouble when I was a Kid... Please Remove the Suspension from my Account, I Understand How NewGrounds work Now!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-24 04:51:50

hello,

I got flagged for copyright infringement on my own work. the copyright infringement detected is indeed my own track, i just prefer to also distribute what I make onto NewGrounds and I would like help on figuring out what to do next or if I just need to keep waiting as it has been 6 days where P-Bot's DM was stuck saying "Hang tight! We're just checking your audio!". an extra 3 days after the anticipated 3 days wait time from what i've read elsewhere.

Thanks ahead of time,

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-31 10:28:21

Hello.

One of my audio sumbmission had been flagged, and I closed the appeal. It has been more than three days.

It was copyrighted because in the beginning of the song I used a copyright free sample that someone else had used in their song. The sample is free and anyone can use it. I would still like to be able to post music on newgrounds. Thank you.🩷

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-05-31 21:55:55 (edited 2024-05-31 21:57:54)

Hey so, I tried to upload a cover of Copacabana, not realizing that the instrumental I used was copyrighted. I don't want to post that anymore, I just wanna continue to upload music. It's been 3 days and I deleted my reply, wanting to rewrite it, accidentally closing the appeal. Thanks.

Dis Four E Uhhhhh

LOOK AT THIS SHIT

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-06-01 00:23:03

hi i was a stupid idiot back then and i just straight up stole one song from youtube and said i stole it. years later (aka now) i want to get unbanned. please.