00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Skate Flash Club-

489,835 Views | 12,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 16:44:19

At 8/1/04 02:05 PM, JeStar wrote: Hey Haartufs... why dont you update your site so that people can watch ur animations? It would be an awesum site!

uhm because I'm just lazy, going to update the design, so I will put animations there then

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 18:35:06

to wazup190:
Yeah... these are the people who are FOR SURE in the flash.

me,
u,
-snare-,
Haartufs

These are the people who are battling for the 5th position ;)

-element-,
BigIdea

I think -element- will win the battle, but only because ive never seen a single animation by BigIdea.

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 18:37:44

But you have not seen a single animation from me either.
O, and i am working on some backgrounds, that you may be able to use for your next flash, whenever you make it. if you like I could send them to you, if you're interested.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 18:52:00

Well, ive seen ur bg's. I mean - ive never ever seen work from BigIdea. And yes - i would like for u to send the backgrounds. blink182jester74@netscape.net

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:20:36

well, I will make sure to send them soon.I am kind of lazy right now :D
but I recomend bigIdea, his good at animating. here, check out his flash http://whoskating.741.com/stickdude.swf it's awsome.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:33:11

sorry, wrong link, here is the proper one. http://www.geocities.com/whosk8/stickdude.swf

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:41:04

Did u make it? If u did ur a fantastic beginner. If u didnt then it still cool ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:43:01

At 8/1/04 07:41 PM, JeStar wrote: Did u make it? If u did ur a fantastic beginner. If u didnt then it still cool ^_^

thats BigIdeas flash, I was showing it to you so you could see his work. I think it's really good. I recommend for you to pick him, to work on our flash, with us.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:48:31

over element? Hmm... I donno... -element- is awesome... but hes in the middle of something... so BigIdea is my man. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 19:55:30

At 8/1/04 07:48 PM, JeStar wrote: over element? Hmm... I donno... -element- is awesome... but hes in the middle of something... so BigIdea is my man. ^_^

Hey JeStar. If im in this thing i gotta know some stuff. When is the due date for it to be done. How long can my animation be and should i add sounds and music?

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 20:03:58

At 8/1/04 07:55 PM, BigIdea wrote:
Hey JeStar. If im in this thing i gotta know some stuff. When is the due date for it to be done. How long can my animation be and should i add sounds and music?

leave the sounds n music to me. The due date? Whenever the fuck everybody gets it done. I dont wanna make one, because people will rush, or just put it off until like that very day, and itll screw everything up... but If we dont get it done before mid-august im probably gonna give up. so just work on it every day or so, and itll be awesome. ANd remember the dimesnsions I emailed u, 200 tall, 500 long, 15 fps. well, g2g. bi. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 20:05:33

oh.... and the animation should just be like a short movie, less than a minute id say, just like the movie you emailed me. like around 30 seconds would be PERFECT. thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 20:05:44

OK, jestar I recomend him using my backgrounds to animate with. becuase we both have MSN. and can communicate better.
is that ok?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 20:06:57

k. thanks alot man

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 06:39:44

At 8/1/04 08:05 PM, wazup190 wrote: OK, jestar I recomend him using my backgrounds to animate with. becuase we both have MSN. and can communicate better.
is that ok?

Er.... no... if u mean the ones you made for the main feature... because I am animating the entire main feature...
But if you mean just backgrounds that were not using in the main feature... then sure :)

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 06:48:55

At 8/2/04 06:39 AM, JeStar wrote: Er.... no... if u mean the ones you made for the main feature... because I am animating the entire main feature...
But if you mean just backgrounds that were not using in the main feature... then sure :)

I was talking about the main feature ones, opps. you know he already started on them eh. well, I guess he'll be pissed when he finds out, it was for nothing. so what work is he going to do? his own serperate part for the collab ?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 07:01:40

At 8/2/04 06:48 AM, wazup190 wrote:
I was talking about the main feature ones, opps. you know he already started on them eh. well, I guess he'll be pissed when he finds out, it was for nothing. so what work is he going to do? his own serperate part for the collab ?

FUCK. I wish he hadnt done that... well.... Goddammit. I would have REEALY liked him to do his own section for it. >_< Now that screws up the whole main feature. Either u make new ones (which would be pointless because u were a good little animator and did what i told u...) or u tell BigIdea to stop animating... and make his own section... if he hasnt done too much of the animation already.
Grrr - allright. allright. we can fix this. ok. well... just ask how much hes done. if hes done too much then forget it - its pointless having him delete everything he did.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 07:08:12

At 8/2/04 07:01 AM, JeStar wrote: FUCK. I wish he hadnt done that... well.... Goddammit. I would have REEALY liked him to do his own section for it. >_< Now that screws up the whole main feature. Either u make new ones (which would be pointless because u were a good little animator and did what i told u...) or u tell BigIdea to stop animating... and make his own section... if he hasnt done too much of the animation already.

the brackets sentence makes it sound Like I am your bitch or something. Well, I definetly do not plan on making any more backgrounds for this flash, soooo i will ask him to make his own part, I think thats what he wanted to do anyways.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 07:12:17

At 8/2/04 07:08 AM, wazup190 wrote:
the brackets sentence makes it sound Like I am your bitch or something. Well, I definetly do not plan on making any more backgrounds for this flash, soooo i will ask him to make his own part, I think thats what he wanted to do anyways.

lol ur bitch eheh

Yeh i hope i wanted 2 bcuz then he wont be QUITE as pissed ;)

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 07:46:57

At 8/2/04 07:12 AM, JeStar wrote: lol ur bitch eheh

Yeh i hope i wanted 2 bcuz then he wont be QUITE as pissed ;)

well, I will tell him and see what happens. if worst thing, I'll have to make new ng's, or you'll have to kick him out <_< >_>
which wont be good. But I am sure he'll be cooperative:)

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 07:51:39

Just wanted a little critisism on this little movie... that's all.

-Skate Flash Club-

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:01:11

At 8/2/04 07:51 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: Just wanted a little critisism on this little movie... that's all.

In my review style

>>SMOOTH<<

Positive:smooth, quick, nice graphics, crisp.

Negative:no sound, the animation was too short and it was one thing looped.

Improvements:make the head go with the rest of the body, don't use loads of different styles of brush on one character, and style includes sizes, also the kickflip goes a bit to the left, try clean that up.

Otherwise, nice and short kickflip.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:07:55

Thanks, I've been thinkin of making a movie with this style for some time. What I do is draw a stickman and then trace over him with clothes. I think there'd be a few people who do it, but its pretty easy...
And I don't think there can be sound in a .gif, can there?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:11:18

At 8/2/04 08:07 AM, WorldOutkast wrote:

I said I'll do it in my review style, so that's why the no sound comments.

Anyway, are you gonna help in the collabs, but I think we have everything sorted if your not already, so you may be able to help in the next one if not this on.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:22:17

At 8/2/04 07:51 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: Just wanted a little critisism on this little movie... that's all.

Its pretty sweet - just a little bit choppy is all. But I like it overall.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:24:48

At 8/2/04 08:07 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: Thanks, I've been thinkin of making a movie with this style for some time. What I do is draw a stickman and then trace over him with clothes. I think there'd be a few people who do it, but its pretty easy...

1) I do the same thing! -snare- suggested it to me and it worked like nothing had worked before.
2) I know -snare- asked if you were going to do something for our collaberation - and you cant. sorry. Im not even sure u care since we never told you you could in the first place
3) Nope - no sound in a GIF. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:26:56

Sorry guys, I have to go to LaX camp... be back this afternoon. Keep posting though, work some shit out - just dont make any changes to the production of the collaberation or change the authors for the movie. Because I've got it just like i want it ^_^ Yay. If u wanna make your own seperate shorts go the hell ahead. In fact - I would love for you to. But its completely optional.
Have an awsum day - JeStar

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:40:53

At 8/2/04 08:11 AM, -snare- wrote: Anyway, are you gonna help in the collabs, but I think we have everything sorted if your not already, so you may be able to help in the next one if not this on.

Yeah maybe the next one, I still need a bit more practice at animating backgrounds and shit. I just do tests, then submit something if I think it's worth it.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:53:04

2) I know -snare- asked if you were going to do something for our collaberation - and you cant. sorry. Im not even sure u care since we never told you you could in the first place

Like I told -snare-, maybe the next one. I'm not that confident with my animating yet... like this is the first halfway decent thing I've made (true...). I'm trying to put this into a full movie at the moment... see yaz.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-02 08:56:43

I'm thinking of making a stick fight, I could make one for this, like XiaoXiao, but BETTER, if that's possible...................well I'll try anyway to do a stick fight, if not for the collab then for my own submitting needs.