00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Skate Flash Club-

487,381 Views | 12,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 14:51:32

At 7/29/04 02:47 PM, F-O-R-E wrote: I noticed something wrong with your picture... here is my verison. I did it fast so of course it is a bit sloppy. I have circled what I corrected. It was just the angle of the first ramp.

dude, trust me i know what i am doing, i made it like that on purpose. But thanx for pointing it out anyways.
BTW jestar here's another one.
it's kind of ghetto looking. FORE you can fix this one if you like.

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 14:56:28

dude, trust me i know what i am doing, i made it like that on purpose.

You made your perspective off, on purpose? so you want it to look dumb? okay then.

But thanx for pointing it out anyways.
BTW jestar here's another one.
it's kind of ghetto looking. FORE you can fix this one if you like.

No that's okay. It would be poinless since you make mistakes on purpose.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:00:54

At 7/29/04 02:56 PM, F-O-R-E wrote: You made your perspective off, on purpose? so you want it to look dumb? okay then.

I hope you are not attempting to make me look dumb, because if you try, I gurantee you will fail.
the reason it looks like that is because it goes with the rest of the movie, which is being done with scrolling, so I am not going to change the ground look, in the middle of the flash. do you understand that?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:01:17

Jestar when you say weird what do you actually mean. Like skating on a peice of pie?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:08:05

I hope you are not attempting to make me look dumb, because if you try, I gurantee you will fail.
the reason it looks like that is because it goes with the rest of the movie, which is being done with scrolling, so I am not going to change the ground look, in the middle of the flash. do you understand that?

I would like to talk to on AIM to explain a few things.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:12:59

Sorry, I just checked your profile and I guess you don't use AIM. Do you have MSN? If not, then just forget it because the only way I can explain things is through pictures because you are still not understanding why the perspective of that picture is wrong even if you are "scrolling". If you still think I am wrong and you are right, go ask other people other then your friends here in this club. I suggest someone like _luis_

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:16:25

yes fore, i have msn. it is wazup190@hotmail.com. feel free to add me to explain you thinkings.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:21:02

Whats going on?
If wazup and fore are having an arguement about stuff, everything is up to JeStar, we already have lot's of BG's, and wazup's ones might not be the same as ours, but we all have our styles, and if wazup likes loads of lines and straightness and plain colours and simple sky then good for him, seriously, JeStar will be able to adapt, and if wazup's BG's ruin it I will have to backhand him, but they won't.
And fore, what can you do and are you doing anything for the collab?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:41:24

At 7/29/04 03:21 PM, -snare- wrote: Whats going on?
If wazup and fore are having an arguement about stuff, everything is up to JeStar, we already have lot's of BG's, and wazup's ones might not be the same as ours, but we all have our styles, and if wazup likes loads of lines and straightness and plain colours and simple sky then good for him, seriously, JeStar will be able to adapt, and if wazup's BG's ruin it I will have to backhand him, but they won't.
And fore, what can you do and are you doing anything for the collab?

I'm not in this club. I was just poping my head in because I am a skateboarder so of course anything that involves skating grabs my attention. Once I started viewing the posts I saw wazup's picture and then posted a correction.

After talking to him on MSN and I think he understands what I was saying.

I wish you all the best of luck on your flash movies or whatever else you all do in this club.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:44:08

At 7/29/04 03:21 PM, -snare- wrote: stuff

by everything you just said snare, it seems to me like you are indirectly insulting my backgrounds. if you and jestar both agree that my bg's are to plain, then I will stop making them, and just quit.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:46:20

At 7/29/04 03:41 PM, F-O-R-E wrote:
I wish you all the best of luck on your flash movies or whatever else you all do in this club.

So you just came and posted your oppinians and wish us luck, well why don't you join?
If your a skater you could help with some cool tricks we could use, and you could help with directing.

Anyway, where is JeStar, if he posts while I'm not gere could someone tell him I made an animation and I want to send it to him when he's online?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 15:48:46

At 7/29/04 03:44 PM, wazup190 wrote:
At 7/29/04 03:21 PM, -snare- wrote: stuff
by everything you just said snare, it seems to me like you are indirectly insulting my backgrounds. if you and jestar both agree that my bg's are to plain, then I will stop making them, and just quit.

What?
I didn't say that, I said about the fact that mine are different, your's are different, and so are JeStar's, so we all have different ones, and it's up to Jestar to animate them, mine are too bold in shading, I don't care, carry on with your BG's, they have some good skate areas and some cool moves can be done on them.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:13:27

to -snare-: IN RESPONSE TO THE 30 SEC. STICK FIGURE COMMENT.

Umm... I have AIM - i dont know what you have.
... If u have AIM, my sn in rabidmuffin74

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:15:07

At 7/29/04 03:01 PM, Haartufs wrote: Jestar when you say weird what do you actually mean. Like skating on a peice of pie?

noo... i was just using any old word to describe the animation. I just mean, whatever skate shit pops into your head.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:19:01

At 7/29/04 03:21 PM, -snare- wrote: If wazup and fore are having an arguement about stuff, everything is up to JeStar, we already have lot's of BG's, and wazup's ones might not be the same as ours, but we all have our styles, and if wazup likes loads of lines and straightness and plain colours and simple sky then good for him, seriously, JeStar will be able to adapt.

I guess I'm allright with wazup's bg's. Just... eh... well... theyre not incredible. I dont know how to fix them though. theyll do just fine... I hope. >_< But wazup, dont quit. i know you can do this. just keep working like your working now, your doing fine. We can pull this off.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:45:21

fine jestar, I have a good idea. when it goes to my bg's and that part. just flash, piece of shit work done by wazup190. then they'll relize that it sux ass. hows that. (sarcasm)
whatever, if my backgrounds are not up to good standards, and may not be able to use, then dont use them. BYE.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:51:27

didnt you read the post when i said for u not to quit? it means im happy with your work. if you dont want credit ill take your fucking backgrounds without you. but hell, if you still wanna pull this off id be incredibly happy to do that. i would welcome you back into this movie. that will kick ass. partly because of you.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:55:09

I am sorry jestar, it just seems that everything that you and snare write about my bg's is like, you're trying to say it is not good enough, but you'll use them just because i took my time to make them. if this is sympathy, then i dont want you to give me credit for them, but if you actually think they're good and you want to use them. then i will continue, but I do not like to be given sympathy. it makes me feel like shit.

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 17:56:44

sorry, that was the worng one. I hate that one it sux.
dont use that one, if you were going to, because it is awful.

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:04:31

I actually like that one alot. I love funboxes ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:10:30

At 7/29/04 06:04 PM, JeStar wrote: I actually like that one alot. I love funboxes ^_^

thanx :D how many bg's do you want all together, i have done 6, and i am running out of ideas for bg's. maybe you can give me some ideas to do.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:19:46

omg! six! ?? I never knew that!
dude, i havent seen some im SURE.
Ehm... 6 is plenty! Thanks alot dude!
Just e-mail them to me @ blink182jester74@netscape.net
:D

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:26:59

ok, do you want me to send it to3 you in a .fla file or a .swf file?
I thnk i've posted all the backgrounds except for one. of them. but i am going to do some more, then you can decide which ones you want to use and which ones you dont, hows that sound ?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:34:40

At 7/29/04 06:26 PM, wazup190 wrote: ok, do you want me to send it to3 you in a .fla file or a .swf file?
I thnk i've posted all the backgrounds except for one. of them. but i am going to do some more, then you can decide which ones you want to use and which ones you dont, hows that sound ?

Allright. can u do this? somehow get those pics into some other format besidse .swf or .fla? bcuz i have flash 5. n it cant handle flash mx. and also, in .swf, none of the backgrounds would really be big enough to see, because didnt you make some of them, outside of the parameters ? like 200X700? just try to save the pics as like... seperate... pics.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:36:53

Woops, I forgot to add:
sure! sounds awesome (^_^)
I probably wont single out any of the bg's, unless theyre pure shit
that way, the movie can be long, and we can all be happy!
0_0 happy!!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:39:50

well, I can export my work into a swf file, just make sure I make it for flash player 5. O and no I didn't make some out of the parameters, I converted them all to 200X500 like you told me too.
also, I could export them into a jpeg, at 200X500 if you want.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 18:49:26

yeh! that would be awesom. Thanks wazup.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-29 21:27:06

I sent the .swf file to you, but I am not sure if it went threw to you.
I sent it to you in the size 200X500 thats the size that all of them are. I hope it went threw.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-30 03:20:50

JESTAR I POSTED THIS AND YOU DIDN't SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
JESTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
When we are both online I will send you the stick animation I did, its 30 seconds long, you can put the music and skateboard sounds on, some extra stuff to get higher scores!!
If you don't like it I will probably submit it on it's on, but I think it would be better on the collab, and congrats on finishing the intro!
And on the end of my animation theres a bit where the two skaters hit each other, you can animate some blood coming out for the replay button, you'll understand when I've sent it.

READ IT, and yeah, it would be great if you could add it, but I'M MAKING A BETTER ONE.
That was yesterday, but I will work on a better one, yeah, then I'll send it to you when we're both online.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-30 06:45:03

0_0 YEAH! I DID C IT!
I was like... hmm i have AIM. Do u have AIM? I dont think u have AIM. but if u do, my screenname is rabidmuffin74.
So do u? or do u have like... msn messnger or w/e?

BBS Signature