00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chyni just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Skate Flash Club-

487,339 Views | 12,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 02:56:11

At 7/31/04 02:45 AM, wazup190 wrote:
O, and I have a question, snare or jestar can answer this. do you use frame by frame to make your animations? if not, what?

FBF, or you can use tweening, I use FBF, but another layer for BG's, and you can use tweening, for like each indivisual part of the body, but I think that's harder.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 06:42:43

are you using the same soundpack that I do Jestar,the stickslaughter thing??
I added music to my movie now, but I only have 8 secs done.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 06:47:05

At 7/31/04 06:42 AM, Haartufs wrote: are you using the same soundpack that I do Jestar,the stickslaughter thing??

If your'e talking to me, then JeStar is putting music and sounds on mine, because I can't be bothered, and if the sound goes wrong it's not my fault, but also my movie would be rubbish, oh well, I trust JeStar.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 06:59:02

At 7/31/04 01:09 AM, BigIdea wrote: Hey. Does anyone know how i can join this club? I am a skater and i like making skateflash.

Join? Id be insulted if you didnt. Consider yourself a member. ^_^ Welcome to the SFC.
And by the way, its definitely not too late. This threads barely... oh say 2 weeks old.

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 07:02:01

At 7/31/04 06:42 AM, Haartufs wrote: are you using the same soundpack that I do Jestar,the stickslaughter thing??
At 7/31/04 02:45 AM, wazup190 wrote: Jestar, I do not think that your e-mail back to me about the bg's went through, becuase I checked and nothing was there. hmmmm...
O, and I have a question, snare or jestar can answer this. do you use frame by frame to make your animations? if not, what?

To Haartufs: Yeh, i use that pack. Its pretty good. Not enuf bails though...

To wazup: FBF all the way.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 07:03:16

WTF?? BigIdea?? Your favorite anim is Jestamentation! Youre teh bomb!!!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 08:25:55

At 7/31/04 07:02 AM, JeStar wrote:

Not meaning to sound n00by or anything, but I need some skate fx, so could someone send me the pack? worldoutkastdesigns@hotmail.com
Or just tell me where to find it.
Thanks!

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 09:05:11

If anyone needs a song for a skate movie, I've got a few I like to use.
Waiting For the Breakdown - Ensign
Feeler - Pete Murray
Get 'em Outta Here - Sprung Monkey
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Any Sex Pistols songs
Any old AFI songs (from Answer That and Stay Fashionable and Very Proud of 'Ya)

I just felt like contributing something to this forum or whatever.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 09:13:33

At 7/31/04 08:25 AM, WorldOutkast wrote:
Not meaning to sound n00by or anything, but I need some skate fx, so could someone send me the pack? worldoutkastdesigns@hotmail.com
Or just tell me where to find it.
Thanks!

GET SOME HERE!! Click the "Skateboard Pack" - it has all u need. i think. sure.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 09:14:38

At 7/31/04 09:05 AM, WorldOutkast wrote: If anyone needs a song for a skate movie, I've got a few I like to use.
Waiting For the Breakdown - Ensign
Feeler - Pete Murray
Get 'em Outta Here - Sprung Monkey
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Any Sex Pistols songs
Any old AFI songs (from Answer That and Stay Fashionable and Very Proud of 'Ya)

I just felt like contributing something to this forum or whatever.

Yeah - right now were making a collaberation (as you could probably guess...) and we already have a song. But thanks for the contribution!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 10:11:13

Well, I guess elements on drugs. Im fine today element.
I just made a fucked up animation. FUCKED. Up. totally fucked up. Like gaggable fucked. Like chokable fucked. 0_0

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 10:55:40

bye. i wont be on for a while. ill probably be back later though.
JeStar

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 11:49:25

At 7/31/04 10:55 AM, JeStar wrote: bye. i wont be on for a while. ill probably be back later though.
JeStar

Cya later aligator, I'm working on a much longer animation for the collab!

Then you can put the sounds on and song so it fits in with everything else!!

And -element-, are you gonna do anything?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 13:30:52

Jestar, the e-mail that you said you sent me, about the backgrounds, didn't come to me. maybe you can resend the e-mail. O and I am working on a whole new set of backgrounds, they're cool looking... well I took snare's advice and used the brush, instead of the line tool.... and I like it :)

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 13:35:30

At 7/31/04 01:30 PM, wazup190 wrote: snare's advice and used the brush, instead of the line tool.... and I like it :)

Yay, see, and now we will have awsome BG's, animators, music, everything, oh, and we need to beat gamehippy and his "crews" flash, shouldn't be too hard.

We will claim a weekly award for sure.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 14:59:11

At 7/31/04 01:30 PM, wazup190 wrote: Jestar, the e-mail that you said you sent me, about the backgrounds, didn't come to me. maybe you can resend the e-mail. O and I am working on a whole new set of backgrounds, they're cool looking... well I took snare's advice and used the brush, instead of the line tool.... and I like it :)

yeh - the brush tool kicks ass. ^_^ I almost always use it. specially in an animation like this. Im starting to use the line tool though, but i always convert the lines into fills. And basically, in the email, i just told you to sort of, brush it up a bit. U know, so theres not random bumps and shit everywhere. Then ull be awsum. Teh awsum wazup.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 15:01:26

At 7/31/04 01:35 PM, -snare- wrote:
Yay, see, and now we will have awsome BG's, animators, music, everything, oh, and we need to beat gamehippy and his "crews" flash, shouldn't be too hard.

We will claim a weekly award for sure.

Weekly - I dont know
Daily - Most likely
Cuz this flash is gonna own.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 15:14:06

So, jestar have you started animating the film yet?
do you have an estimated time on when it'll be done?
sorry if I seem like i want to rush things, I dont want to do that
but I always get so anxious, you know what I mean..

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 15:28:19

At 7/31/04 03:14 PM, wazup190 wrote: So, jestar have you started animating the film yet?
do you have an estimated time on when it'll be done?
sorry if I seem like i want to rush things, I dont want to do that
but I always get so anxious, you know what I mean..

You think YOURE rushing things??

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE DONE!!!!

yeh, i sort of started. I made the intro. it took like an hour. even though it shold have taken much less. its quite simple, but quite good. hoorah. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 15:57:01

Yup, it's gonna own ALL, we shall get a blue score for SURE, and blue scores normally get weekly, and high green scores, but aim for blue and we might get more than one award!!

When's it gonna be finshed you reckon?
(you didn't tell wazup)

And who's gonna be credited, whats our team?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 17:52:19

At 7/31/04 03:57 PM, -snare- wrote: Yup, it's gonna own ALL, we shall get a blue score for SURE, and blue scores normally get weekly, and high green scores, but aim for blue and we might get more than one award!!

When's it gonna be finshed you reckon?
(you didn't tell wazup)

And who's gonna be credited, whats our team?

I credited: ME, U, WAZUP, HAARTUFS. And then also our club in general.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 17:54:24

Woops, forgot to mention that I think ill be done a little while after Ive got all the backgrounds in order...
And our crew is just... the SFC crew I suppose :)

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 18:10:07

At 7/31/04 06:05 PM, -element- wrote: hmm, will i do something?...i have been quite busy with other projects and my band and such..sorry i havnt been postin too much...i've also had summer school so that was a problem...now that im out of school...here at home...and bored 24/7...and if jestar bugs me enuff...i mite do somethin for the collab....i could help edit it...i did pretty good at editing jestamentation together. and also...the dude that has jestar AND sqeezy on their favs left out the NOOB (me) OF COURSE. i see im not wanted here...i will be back later :P

Normally Id be like - you can fucking do anything u want!! HELP, PLEASE! But right now, I already kinda made everything, put everything together, gave credit... much else. Eh... if I can figure out a way to get u into this you can get credit too ^_^ but itll be hard. unless you make your own skate short.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 20:58:09

At 7/31/04 02:24 AM, -snare- wrote:
At 7/31/04 01:09 AM, BigIdea wrote: Hey. Does anyone know how i can join this club? I am a skater and i like making skateflash.
Just ask if you can join, and we are making a big collab, are you any good at animating?
Or anything else?
We need more stuff fo this collab, and when is morning?

JeStar, tell us in hours when morning is because I have no idea.

im a pretty good animatior i guess. If you wanna see some of my stuff just ask me.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-31 21:20:06

At 7/31/04 05:54 PM, JeStar wrote: Woops, forgot to mention that I think ill be done a little while after Ive got all the backgrounds in order...
And our crew is just... the SFC crew I suppose :)

Hey. think if i show u some of my work and u like it i can have a part in this collab?

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 07:36:49

I guess so... but it will be hard to find a spot for you.
... sure. Ill try. email me - blink182jester74@netscape.net

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 13:08:21

At 7/31/04 03:57 PM, -snare- wrote: Yup, it's gonna own ALL, we shall get a blue score for SURE, and blue scores normally get weekly, and high green scores, but aim for blue and we might get more than one award!!

We will get blue score for sure, that's 3.50, but I don't think we would get weekly award, it's very hard to get a high scoring skate flash, but maybe, it will get something like 4.00, if we are lucky.
and Jestar how many mbs is it possible for me to use, now i'm at almost 400 kb and I only have 14 secs, and it will be something like twice as long or more.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 14:03:55

Eh.... i dont care how big the file is. As long as its not over 2 megs i guess... because there are 5 authors for this flash already. actually, there are 2 authors that wanna make something for it, ill just pick who wants the 5th slot, since if somebody makes sumthing and thers only allowed to be 4 co-authors, that person wont get credit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 14:05:42

Hey Haartufs... why dont you update your site so that people can watch ur animations? It would be an awesum site!

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-08-01 16:05:01

jestar, how many people is working on the flash that me, you, and snare are working on? is there any others ?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature