00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TecNoir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien Hominid Milestone

5,937 Views | 25 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:05:28

Alien Hominid has reached 20 million plays on NG! We made a celebratory post on the Behemoth website and the news was picked up by Joystiq and Destructoid. The web version of Alien Hominid will be a decade old this August.

Pixmintro has set up a Summer Rec Pilot Kickstarter to cover the development of the passion project he's been working on for over two years! You can view a sample here:

Check out some of his previous movies and support him if you can!

Also don't forget to support the Newgrounds: The Forsaken City Kickstarter. Think of it like this... If you've ever spent $5 for a beer or a snack, isn't it worth $5+ to support artists who are working hard to give you something neat to watch?

To celebrate three years of the Epic Battle Fantasy series, TroisNyxEtienne is organizing a music and fan-art collab, where musicians remix music from the EBF series and play it alongside fan art in a Flash submission! Here are the games:

Check out that thread if you want to participate with music or art!

Also take some time to browse the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation open round entries. Only 16 of these guys will continue to the next round and I already know I'll miss a few of them. This should be an exciting year!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:10:50

i keeping forgetting newgrounds is over a decade old

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:11:12

Congrats Tom! I always loved that game, even if I suck at it.

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:15:35

At 5/11/12 04:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also don't forget to support the Newgrounds: The Forsaken City Kickstarter. Think of it like this... If you've ever spent $5 for a beer or a snack, isn't it worth $5+ to support artists who are working hard to give you something neat to watch?

I hope you make another thread about this soon. We need this funded!!! I want to see it. And unfortunately $50 is all I can afford ATM.

Only 30 days!

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:16:03

Congrats! Alien Hominid was the first game I ever played on NewGrounds and that was about 6 or 7 years ago!

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:35:40

Wow that is one hell of a post Tom. Congrats on the milestone and I'll hopefuly donate more money soon! :)

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:35:50

congrats guys
ive played through Alien Hominid a few times on here and also a few times on my GameCube copy i bought too

and just out of curiosity
what has the most plays on here now movie and gamewise?
i know that pre-redesign there was a page that showed the things on here for what had the most plays and who uploaded the most flash movies and games here and that kind of stuff, but i dont know if you guys kept that and i can't seem to find it or if you just took it out

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:46:17

That is pretty damn awesome. AH has kept me entertained from time to time. In both Castle Crashers and AH itslef. Very fun.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:49:51

Great! Love the new features on Newgrounds!

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 16:54:59

Woot! The original A.H. here on NG is fun but the PS2/Gamecube one is a masterpiece, I have my copy for GC sitting on the shelf. I'm ashamed to admit I was only able to beat the boss through an accidental glitch (I dunno what I did, he just kept running in place in the first part of the fight).

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 17:19:47

That's excellent, Tom. Congrats!

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 18:11:59

Whoa Tom, alien in the head or human mind-control tricks from E.T. in outtaspace?

Anyhow, figuring "Alien Hominid" is one of my first flash games played (my Newgrounds' intro. actually; it was epic, and still is) big-time congrats to Dan and you (you both deserve much praise without E.T. abductions).

To the E.T. in all of us... ahhhh:P

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 18:12:56

20million+ Plays :o
EPIC xD
Congrazzels XD

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 18:40:39

Wow! That's insane! Congratulations!!

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 20:31:20

At 5/11/12 08:19 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I just realized from this that I've only beaten/played the flash version of Alien Hominid... Anyone know how much it costs for a new gamecube copy and where I can get it?

i found my copy at gamestop
and it was only $5 :3
but i think you can find one on eBay or something if you look around for a bit

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 22:05:49

Congrats. Alien Hominid has come a long way indeed!

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-11 22:55:34

Wow, it's been that long since EBF 1 was released?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-12 02:54:50

Great work Tom. Alien Hominid is a fun game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-12 10:55:27

Awesome! I remember getting Alien Hominid on Gamecube for Christmas! Loved those games. Any chance of an Alien Hominid release on PC (Steam?)?

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-13 07:28:13

Wow, that's a lot of views.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-14 09:16:49

At 5/13/12 07:28 AM, Tally1989 wrote: Wow, that's a lot of views.

Such a fun game. Forgot that the original was posted a decade ago. I'm so old.

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-14 11:24:03

The game needs medals. LOL.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-14 15:43:54

At 5/14/12 09:16 AM, neeko wrote: I'm so old.

We all are..

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-14 23:35:49

At 5/14/12 11:24 AM, ixfd64 wrote: The game needs medals. LOL.

Oh snap. Not a bad idea.

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-14 23:37:30

At 5/14/12 03:43 PM, kmau wrote:
At 5/14/12 09:16 AM, neeko wrote: I'm so old.
We all are..

At least we're in good company.

Response to Alien Hominid Milestone 2012-05-15 12:58:44

"Alien Hominid" was easily the game I probably played the most when I first came to this website. As with most websites, you learned to get used to it. I kept on playing it until I beat it. Then again, this is only one level and the actual game that was released on mainstream game consoles is of course a lot longer and lot harder. Maybe someday we'll be able to turn the hentai sim girl game into a full fledged game on a console, eh?

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock