00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

m00nray just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,096,385 Views | 77,374 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 02:24:06

For those of you who are excited about the new Acid Witch. Don't be. That's where they solidified their position as a yawnworthy gimmick band. Instead, you should listen to Witchtanic Hellucinations. Now, that album is genuinely good.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 05:37:07

At 11/18/10 02:24 AM, Dalnaki wrote: For those of you who are excited about the new Acid Witch. Don't be. That's where they solidified their position as a yawnworthy gimmick band. Instead, you should listen to Witchtanic Hellucinations. Now, that album is genuinely good.

Sweet, I was just saying that "Stoned" is very yawn and gimmicky.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 05:48:08

At 11/18/10 05:37 AM, PenisClown wrote:
At 11/18/10 02:24 AM, Dalnaki wrote: For those of you who are excited about the new Acid Witch. Don't be. That's where they solidified their position as a yawnworthy gimmick band. Instead, you should listen to Witchtanic Hellucinations. Now, that album is genuinely good.
Sweet, I was just saying that "Stoned" is very yawn and gimmicky.

I actually haven't listened to Stoned yet. I'm just basing my opinion on the few songs I heard off it because I'm an asshole.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 08:35:22

You certainly are an arsehole Dalnaki. But I like that. 'Cos I'm an arsehole too.

Seeing as I like you so much, care to recommend me your favourite bands? I know you like old school death and I love old school death.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 09:41:11

At 11/18/10 08:35 AM, PenisClown wrote: You certainly are an arsehole Dalnaki. But I like that. 'Cos I'm an arsehole too.

Seeing as I like you so much, care to recommend me your favourite bands? I know you like old school death and I love old school death.

Phantasm (US, WI)

Autopsy
Incantation
Goreaphobia
Dark Millennium
Timeghoul
Creepmime
Necrosanct
Mass Psychosis
Malevolent Creation

Some of my favorite OSDM bands. Enjoy.

PM me if you want more.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 14:12:56

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about the Motörhead show I saw on Tuesday. Kick ass show for sure. I would have changed a few songs here and there if I could (they played Just 'Cos You Got the Power but not Orgasmatron) but asides from that, they played a lot of great stuff as well as two new songs! The highlight had to be In the Name of Tragedy with Mikkey Dee's drum solo playing halfway through the song.

At 11/17/10 07:22 PM, Zodir wrote:
At 11/17/10 12:25 PM, Bahamut wrote: Only $4? Where is this shop?
An independent shop that specilizes in heavy metal and classic rock. I get some really good deals there.

You're lucky. The best I have for independent music shops is one where the prices for second hand CDs are almost as much as brand new CDs. There is one other independent music shop but that never has anything there.

I picked up High On Fire's Snakes for the Divine the week after it came out for about $8, which is better than I could find anywhere else.

Not a bad price. I managed to get it for £5 at HMV back in June.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 15:25:38

At 11/17/10 06:59 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Link for those who are interested.

Yeah I love ChromeCelica, I've been following his channel for months, maybe a year, and his work never disappoints me.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 17:49:19

At 11/18/10 09:41 AM, Dalnaki wrote: Malevolent Creation

I KNEW this was going to be Premature Burial. I don't know how, but I knew it.

Anyway, great list man.

At 11/17/10 01:10 AM, PenisClown wrote: After the first three albums they went downhill.

More like after their first album, not first three.

And Alexi can't sing for shit. Terrible lyrics too, a lot of which he made up on the spot, some of which is gibberish.

Indeed.

Instead of Children of Bodom, how about listening to some Taake instead :D

I second this notion, despite how absurd it is.

At 11/17/10 07:27 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Arsis

More technical death metal, but whatever. Also, their latest album is surprisingly terrible. :(

The Black Dahlia Murder

He said GOOD.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 18:12:19

How often do you guys go to shows? Apart from Bahamut just mentioning he saw Motorhead I don't see a lot of shows get mentioned. Last night I saw Kvelertak, Bison B.C and Coliseum. Kvelertak and Bison were fucking awesome, all you guys who like Sludge should check out Bison, and Kvelertak are a huge mix, from Black Metal to Southern Rock to Hardcore Punk, they're a huge mix and a band I recommend everyone check out.

"Kvelertak - Ulvetid"

"Bison B.C - Dark Towers"

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 18:44:41

I used to go to shows at least once a month. Not been to many for a couple of years now. Probably about 4 in the last 2 years. I get all my live music at festivals and I try to go to a couple of those a year.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 19:29:48

It really depends. By the end of this month I would have been at five shows.

On the 6th in New York City - Firewind, The Absence, Powerglove and a bunch of local bands
On the 13th here in Mass - Suicidal Tendencies, Cro-Mags, D.R.I., etc. on the "Join the army" festival - I posted about it a few pages ago.
Tomorrow in New Hampshire - Overkill, Forbidden, Evile, Bonded By Blood, Gama Bomb and Crypter.
Saturday in NYC - Blind Guardian, Holy Grail and Seven Kingdoms
Sunday here in Mass. - Blind Guardian, Holy Grail and Seven Kingdoms.

I love Blind Guardian so much I am in fact seeing them twice on this tour.

Shows i'm sacrificing that are from this month ALONE:

On the 4th in New Hampshire - Nile, Ex Deo, Psycroptic, Keep Of Kalessin, Pathology and some locals.
On the 5th here in Mass. - Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved and Blood Red Throne
On saturday here in Mass. - Epica, Scar Symmetry, The Agonist and Blackguard

So yeah, I go to a fucking lot of concerts.

Also, i'm saving up for Maryland Deathfest because it's a fucking jizzfest of win.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 19:51:05

i rarely go to shows. bands i like never come near enough (near enough is almost invariably "in town" because i'm lazy and i don't want to travel an inconvenient amount of time to see a show) and it costs a lot of money to see shows. also they're not really environments that i generally enjoy. i don't like crowds of strangers and loud noises, both make me uncomfortable. can i reiterate that it's a lot of money? i don't have enough money to buy anything, i'm a damn college student. i can't even afford to buy a 20 sack. i need a job.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 19:55:52

At 11/18/10 05:49 PM, AniMetal wrote:
The Black Dahlia Murder
He said GOOD.

Indeed

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:04:40

At 11/18/10 03:25 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
At 11/17/10 06:59 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Link for those who are interested.
Yeah I love ChromeCelica, I've been following his channel for months, maybe a year, and his work never disappoints me.

Yeah, he's a really cool dude too, we were talking about melodeath on Facebook. I just hope the rest of his band-members are as talented as him.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:06:25

At 11/18/10 07:29 PM, AniMetal wrote: Also, i'm saving up for Maryland Deathfest because it's a fucking jizzfest of win.

Apologies for the double-post, but Maryland Deathfest? I live in Maryland and I've never even heard of this.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:09:17

At 11/18/10 08:06 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 11/18/10 07:29 PM, AniMetal wrote: Also, i'm saving up for Maryland Deathfest because it's a fucking jizzfest of win.
Apologies for the double-post, but Maryland Deathfest? I live in Maryland and I've never even heard of this.

It's nothing, just a fest to wet OSDM fanatics' panties. You wouldn't be interested.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:17:35

At 11/18/10 08:09 PM, Dalnaki wrote: It's nothing, just a fest to wet OSDM fanatics' panties. You wouldn't be interested.

It's not just death metal, fuck Voivod is a headliner.

At 11/18/10 07:55 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 11/18/10 05:49 PM, AniMetal wrote:
The Black Dahlia Murder
He said GOOD.
Indeed

I stick by what I said.

At 11/18/10 08:06 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: Apologies for the double-post, but Maryland Deathfest? I live in Maryland and I've never even heard of this.

It's basically the best metal festival in North America, not counting the 70 tons cruise.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:47:18

Anybody love ACID Bath? I love Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 20:50:57

At 11/18/10 08:17 PM, AniMetal wrote: I stick by what I said.

I'm with you. I don't mind their music, but I'm not a fan of the vocals.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 21:02:40

At 11/18/10 08:47 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Anybody love ACID Bath? I love Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

Acid Bath are kings in their own right.

R.I.P.

Electric Wizard, Bongzilla, Crowbar, Soilent Green, Neurois, Saint Vitus, Weedeater, Mastodon, Bongripper, Agents Of Oblivion, Sleep, High On Fire, Acid Witch, Kylesa, Kyuss and Black Pyramid.

Check out all these bands.

At 11/18/10 08:50 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:17 PM, AniMetal wrote: I stick by what I said.
I'm with you. I don't mind their music, but I'm not a fan of the vocals.

I don't like them at all, sounds like they're trying to be more metal than normal metalcore using the 00's In Flames style.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 21:08:49

At 11/18/10 08:17 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:09 PM, Dalnaki wrote: It's nothing, just a fest to wet OSDM fanatics' panties. You wouldn't be interested.

That's just extra. It's mainly DM, is what I meant. But still. I'm more excited about Coroner and Doom (UK) than I am Voivod. I've never really listened to Voivod, though.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 21:16:32

At 11/18/10 09:08 PM, Dalnaki wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:17 PM, AniMetal wrote:
That's just extra. It's mainly DM, is what I meant. But still. I'm more excited about Coroner and Doom (UK) than I am Voivod. I've never really listened to Voivod, though.

Coroner, Doom, Voivod, Destroyer 666, Exhorder, Exumed, Corrosion Of Conformity, Acid Witch, Hail Of Bullets, Hooded Menace, Impaled Nazarene, Kylesa, Nuclear Assault, Neurois, Orange Goblin and Witchaven!

Those are all bands I know and love! The only bands I know and don't love are Wormed and Marduk.

I don't know any of the other bands, but from the bands I DO love that's an amazing lineup.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 21:18:34

Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Voivod fans should check out Doom (JAP). Pretty similar to Voivod from what I've heard.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 21:26:18

At 11/18/10 09:08 PM, Dalnaki wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:17 PM, AniMetal wrote: It's not just death metal, fuck Voivod is a headliner.

SHAME!!!! Voivod kicks ass!!!!!!!!!! Check them out.

At 11/18/10 08:47 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Anybody love ACID Bath? I love Paegan Terrorism Tactics.

Yes, I love them. I actually like When The Kite String Popped a little more.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 23:16:19

There's this stoner/experimental metal band called Spider Kitten and they're pretty good, check em out sometime. I have the album Ineffable and it's pretty good.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 23:23:59

At 11/18/10 11:16 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: There's this stoner/experimental metal band called Spider Kitten and they're pretty good, check em out sometime. I have the album Ineffable and it's pretty good.

Listened to the limited supply of videos of their music on Youtube, and I'm really diggin' them. Basstastic.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 23:38:14

At 11/17/10 10:56 PM, PenisClown wrote: And Duff, I tried to find it on Youtube for you but it's not up there. However, I'm not lying. Go check it, I'm listening now and it's fantastic.

It's funny how they write their titles in all Caps, even if these are written in French.

At 11/18/10 01:53 AM, PenisClown wrote: Yuck dude, I think instead you should go for:

Don't listen to him, he's the anti-melodeath fag in here.

Benighted
Cephalic Carnage
Oppressor
Nocturnus
Origin
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Kronos
Decrepit Birth
Hideous Deformity

Benighted, Origin and Kronos? So now you suggest bands from my playlist? I remember you saying Benighted was "Shitty Modern Death Metal" and that I was a dick who couldn't listen to any kind of good music :P

I'm starting to dig the fuck out of death metal.

Ah! That's why :) Fleshgod Apocalypse are great :) I've been listenning to Oracles all the time this week :)

So much so that I think Austere is a little bit shit. I chucked on 'Unending Night' and I have to say the vocals are fucking rank.

Listen to Just For A Moment. It's their best.

At 11/18/10 02:03 AM, PenisClown wrote: I'm such a tech death noob I havn't even listened to Decapitated's first album.

Winds Of Creation is one of the finest piece of Death Metal ever :) While some parts are kind of sloppy, it's still awesome!

At 11/18/10 06:12 PM, SomaGuye wrote: How often do you guys go to shows? Apart from Bahamut just mentioning he saw Motorhead I don't see a lot of shows get mentioned. Last night I saw Kvelertak, Bison B.C and Coliseum. Kvelertak and Bison were fucking awesome, all you guys who like Sludge should check out Bison, and Kvelertak are a huge mix, from Black Metal to Southern Rock to Hardcore Punk, they're a huge mix and a band I recommend everyone check out.

I don't have enough time to see live concerts. However, here's a list of the bands I saw live somewhere during the last 6 years. Remember I was pretty new to the metal scene back then :P

Symphony X
Kalmah
Abigail Williams
Les Cowboys Fringants (2)
Keith Jarreth, Jack DeJohnette, Gary Peacock
Ultra Vomit
All That Remains (2)
Gojira
Chimaira
Beast
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Machine Head
Stratovarius
Children Of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Threat Signal (2)
Dark Tranquillity

At 11/18/10 07:29 PM, AniMetal wrote: On the 5th here in Mass. - Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved and Blood Red Throne

I'm so going to that show when they come in Montreal.

On saturday here in Mass. - Epica, Scar Symmetry, The Agonist and Blackguard

So Scar Symmetry are pretty good, even if Christian left the band... Blackguard are amazing. The Agonist went from pretty good metalcore, to awful chugcore. Epica is shite.... A cheap copy of every other Symphonic Metal band with a female vocalist...

Amazing band.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-18 23:41:58

At 11/18/10 11:23 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 11/18/10 11:16 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: There's this stoner/experimental metal band called Spider Kitten and they're pretty good, check em out sometime. I have the album Ineffable and it's pretty good.
Listened to the limited supply of videos of their music on Youtube, and I'm really diggin' them. Basstastic.

Yeah, man, they might be a bit hard to find but they're real nice. One of the best new bands I've stumbled upon as of late.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-19 03:25:10

At 11/18/10 08:09 PM, Dalnaki wrote:
It's nothing, just a fest to wet OSDM fanatics' panties. You wouldn't be interested.

Yup, OSDM fans get totally wet over Kylesa, Neurosis, Bouzzov*en, Acid Witch, etc. I suggest you at least fucking look at the line up before makeing retarded claims.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-11-19 03:42:55

At 11/19/10 03:25 AM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 11/18/10 08:09 PM, Dalnaki wrote:
Yup, OSDM fans get totally wet over Kylesa, Neurosis, Bouzzov*en, Acid Witch, etc. I suggest you at least fucking look at the line up before makeing retarded claims.

Yes, but generally speaking, the festival is centered towards death metal and similar sounds. They have to have some sort of diversity to make the festival more universal and appealing, a festival (the goal of which is generally to attract as many patrons as possible) that tries not to appeal to a large crowd is doomed to fail. most of the major bands and headliners of maryland deathfest are death-i mean come on, it's got "death" in the name. plus, why can't death metal fans have a taste for other genres? sludge and stoner totally fits in with death at a festival. they often have similar atmospheres and moods, moreso meshing than death and black metal or power, in my opinion.