00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pacman0824 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest

14,955 Views | 182 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 19:11:05

B-MOVIE POSTER ART CONTEST NITTY-NATTER THREAD

In this thread, feel free to
- Discuss ideas.
- Post works in progress,
- Critique, praise or crap all over WIPs and submissions,
- General banter, and
- Talk in morse code.

.-. . -. .- . -. .- . / .-- .... .. .--. ... / -- . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 20:07:46

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 20:18:42

At 7/28/10 08:14 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Can we use Celebrity Likeness in our posters? And if so, I claim Charles Bronson.

Yeah, sure. Go for it.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 20:19:39

Oh my god, this is one of the funniest contest ideas I've ever heard of!

Too bad, I won't be able to submit something suitable even if I increased my daily practice.

Still I'm looking forward to the hilarious entries!

Are you going to judge the art either alone, with some chosen judges or will you let the people (democracy ftw) decide? Just curious....

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 20:35:18

At 7/28/10 08:19 PM, Luwano wrote: Are you going to judge the art either alone, with some chosen judges or will you let the people (democracy ftw) decide? Just curious....

In the past, the 'judging panel' has typically been made up of mods and staff (when available). This time we invited the winners of the Pico Day art contest to help out (with start pics and judging). The goal is to add new eyes, a fresh perspective, and different tastes to the whole process. Hopefully all goes well and we can continue to have winners from the contest before help with the next.

We're also hoping it will cut down on the bitching that inevitably occurs from people that disagree with the results.

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 21:05:44

At 7/28/10 08:19 PM, Luwano wrote:

Are you going to judge the art either alone, with some chosen judges or will you let the people (democracy ftw) decide? Just curious....

yes?

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 21:14:33

I'm loving the starting pictures, great work guys!

I'm looking forward to seeing what people can come up with for this contest.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 21:26:17

I think i'm going to keep my idea Discrete much like I've noticed ashman did on some of the Monthly Doubles.

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 21:54:44

At 7/28/10 09:05 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 7/28/10 08:19 PM, Luwano wrote:

yes?

Oops! xD

BTW ReNaeNae, the voting panel sound fair enough, but there will always be some bitching. I myself for example may get bitchy if there's nothing Godzilla related among the winners.... just saying.

The starting pics are really cool in both threads. Is "Dinosaurs From Outer Space" in the contest?

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 22:09:52

While trying to come up with some dumb ideas, I came up with some really dumb ideas.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-28 22:52:43

At 7/28/10 08:04 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Monster Examples:
malcolm middle hello sweet jesus!

LMAO! Guess I should have actually checked those links before I gave the thumbs up to post :P

At 7/28/10 09:54 PM, Luwano wrote: Is "Dinosaurs From Outer Space" in the contest?

No. TurkeyOnAStick and LiLg are both judges ...so no official entries yet! ;D

At 7/28/10 10:09 PM, Aigis wrote: While trying to come up with some dumb ideas, I came up with some really dumb ideas.

That's actually pretty funny ...well, at least I think so :P

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 00:24:12

lol i made some lame line art WIP

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 16:56:15

At 7/29/10 12:24 AM, Boss wrote: lol i made some lame line art WIP

180 minutes later

PNG

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 18:03:09

At 7/29/10 05:41 PM, Rob-Heath wrote: I made this a while back as a joke from an IM conversation. Never really did find a place to post it. I guess here is appropriate. Might not be 1950's B Movie, but it is reminiscent of today's direct to DVD movie posters that seem to copy off one another.

Sorry chap, but this breaks both parts of rule #2.

2. All art must be original and drawn by you specifically for this contest. No photoshops, collages, sprites or other artists' line work are permitted.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 19:19:20

Hey guys, I made a quick doodle for what I think could be my entry.
I dont know if it's allowed, sinc the charcaters arent mine, obviously.
Also, I dont know if it's the kind of illustration that is being looked for.

Any comments, criticize or advise? thanks guys.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 19:28:33

At 7/29/10 07:19 PM, enquencle wrote: Hey guys, I made a quick doodle for what I think could be my entry.
I dont know if it's allowed, sinc the charcaters arent mine, obviously.
Also, I dont know if it's the kind of illustration that is being looked for.
Any comments, criticize or advise? thanks guys.

Yeah, it's all good.
Just so long as you're going to make it into a B-Movie poster, and you think that Dad 'n' Son fit the bill, go ahead.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 19:39:02

.. / .- -- / ... --- / - --- - .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / . -. - . .-. / - .... .. ... --..-- / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- --..-- / -- .- -.-- -... . .-.-.-

illegal text

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 19:42:24

At 7/29/10 07:39 PM, M-Vero wrote: .. / .- -- / ... --- / - --- - .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / . -. - . .-. / - .... .. ... --..-- / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- --..-- / -- .- -.-- -... . .-.-.-
illegal text

i think you forgot your picture

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 19:53:39

At 7/29/10 07:39 PM, M-Vero wrote: .. / .- -- / ... --- / - --- - .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / . -. - . .-. / - .... .. ... --..-- / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- --..-- / -- .- -.-- -... . .-.-.-

-. --- / -- .- -.-- -... . .----. ... / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / -.. --- / .. - .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 20:05:19

At 7/29/10 07:53 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
-. --- / -- .- -.-- -... . .----. ... / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / -.. --- / .. - .-.-.- / ---... .--.

-.-- --- ..- / ... . . --..-- / .. / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .... .- -.. / - --- / --. --- --- --. .-.. . / / .- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. / - --- / ..-. .. --. ..- .-. . / - .... . ... . / --- ..- - .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / . -. - . .-. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / -- -.-- ... . .-.. ..-. --..-- / .... .- ...- .. -. --. / .- / ..-. . .-- / .. -.. . .- ... / -....- / -- ... --- - / .. -. ...- --- .-.. ...- .. -. --. / - .-. .. ..-. ..-. .. -.. ... / .. -. / --- -. . / .-- .- -.-- / --- .-. / .- -. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-

Although seriously, translators.

/illegal text

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 20:10:00

At 7/29/10 07:53 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: -. --- / -- .- -.-- -... . .----. ... / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- . -.. .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / -.. --- / .. - .-.-.- / ---... .--.

-.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. --- - / -.. --- -

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 20:12:38

What were the dimensions you used Turkey? And can I use them?

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 20:25:17

I know the rules for Photoshop include no collages, but can I use a texture for some subtle accent from a free texture site if I credit it on the poster?

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 20:30:20

-- -.-- / -.. --- -.. --- / .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . / .. ... / - --- - .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. --- -. -. .- / .-.. .. -.- . / .-- .. -. / .---- ... - / .--. .-.. .- -.-. . / .- -. -.. / ... - ..- ..-. ..-. / -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. / .- -- / .- / --. / -- -.-- / -. . --. .-. --- --- --- . --.. --.. --..

LEGALITY \

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 21:25:07

At 7/29/10 08:25 PM, Halvgoeden wrote: I know the rules for Photoshop include no collages, but can I use a texture for some subtle accent from a free texture site if I credit it on the poster?

Also, what about filters like Render Clouds?

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-29 23:52:43

Can I just submit this with some movie additions?

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-30 00:08:10

At 7/29/10 08:10 PM, Sockembop wrote: -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... / -.. --- - / -.. --- - / -.. --- -

.. / .-.. --- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ... --- -.-. -.-

translation: i love you sock
see, im nice enough to post the translation in the thread. no use making other people work. meanies

:: DOT DOT DASH DASH DASH DOT DOT

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-30 00:51:57

At 7/30/10 12:08 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: .. / .-.. --- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ... --- -.-. -.-

translation: i love you sock

What part of 'secret internet relationship with an under aged girl on the art forum' don't you understand? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its the part about it being secret.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-30 01:00:54

This idea hit me like a train when I was trying to come (wop wop wop) up with something. I started saying "It came from... where could 'it' come from? It came... oh god..."

Response to [talk] B-movie Poster Art Contest 2010-07-30 01:17:59

hmmm i dont think im done yet but i cant think of what else to put on or touch up on

PNG