ONLY POST FINISHED ART-WORK IN THIS THREAD, OTHERWISE YOUR SPHINCTER WILL SHRINK TO THE SIZE OF A PIN HOLE AND YOU'LL HAVE TROUBLE POOPING or we'll delete it, whatever happens first.
Feel free to discuss submissions and posts WIPs in this Art Contest's Talk Thread.
This year's perfectly picturesque Pico Day Art Contest theme is
NEWGROUNDS THROUGH THE AGES
Draw a picture where a Newgrounds character is in a different historic period.
Examples of this could be
- P-Bot as a knight in the middle ages,
- Alien Hominid being a new romantic,
- Dad 'n' me in dinosaur form
- Pico 1000 years in the future.
Feel free to post stuff from the last few decades, and some time in the future, but ultimately if it's too close to the present, it probably won't be acknowledged for judging. (Hazy rule of thumb: 20 years in the past, 100 years into the future is about right).
You may use other characters, say Burnt Face Guy or Red Baron, so long as they are characters owned by Newgrounds, and they're not in their typical historical period (eg. Larry cannot be in a medieval drawing, nor the present day), because that would be .
1. All posted entries must be finished. Sketches and works-in-progress should only be posted in the talk thread.
2. All art must be original and drawn by you specifically for this contest. No photoshops, collages, sprites or other artists' line work are permitted.
3. Spend some time and effort on your piece, since you may be judged on it. Scribbles and sloppy work may be deleted by a moderator.
4. Use a decent program, or a medium you're comfortable with using. MSPaint drawings generally look like crap.
5. Multiple entries are welcome, however each contestant may only win one prize.
6. ALL ART FORUM RULES APPLY! eg. don't abuse canvas sizes, and adult content must be highly artistic or exceptionally funny.
Entries must be posted in this thread by 10:00 am EST on April 30th, which is when the party at the NG office begins.
1st Place: $50 in store credit OR cash phwoar yes
2nd Place: $40 in store credit OR cash
3rd Place: $30 in store credit OR cash
4th Place: $20 in store credit OR cash
5th Place: $10 in store credit OR cash
Entries may be judged by the admins on Pico day, or by the art mods.
Be creative, be original, and be stylish!