00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

632,498 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 18:56:49

My band's recordings' bit rates are too low for NG.

But you can check them out on our myspace: Visigoth

Be prepared for low quality recordings from a tape recorder. that recorded Death Metal/Black Metal/Grindcore.

And Now the Darkness Eternal Returns to Breathe the Air of the Living.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 19:15:02

At 10/3/07 02:33 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Hey guys, can you recommend me a good metal distortion pedal? I'd like to vary my amp sounds a bit. Please recommend modelling pedals as well, could be interesting.

Any good stuff out there? I want a crunching, heavy, yet audible tone.

Well, Metal Zone, Metal Core, Turbo Distortion, (all by BOSS) sound pretty good, and aren't terribly expensive.

But instead of distortion, get a fuckin' Tube Screamer or an Overdrive Pedal. Such delicious tone with those.

Coast 2 Coast- Pre-Release off of my band's Debut Full-Length album "Surrey's Finest".

Stella - My Band

Arc of the Universe Music Inc. - Our record label.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 19:54:41

At 10/3/07 02:33 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Hey guys, can you recommend me a good metal distortion pedal? I'd like to vary my amp sounds a bit. Please recommend modelling pedals as well, could be interesting.

Any good stuff out there? I want a crunching, heavy, yet audible tone.

Boss MT2, great tone and affordable price. Here comes the disagreements.

At 10/3/07 05:51 PM, ChocloMan wrote:
At 10/3/07 03:50 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
Gilmour did appear in that video :P.

Also, Marshalls are overpriced.

Oh fuck you're right >_< how did I not recognize his bends.. I must of been talking on MSN or something at the time. And Marshalls are fairly priced for their quality.

At 10/3/07 04:36 AM, positively-negative wrote: It is pointing to the left...

> = Right
< = Left
"At 10/2/07 10:05 PM, positively-negative wrote: Fender, Laney.. blah blah > Marshall."
It was pointing right. End of discussion.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 20:02:59

At 10/3/07 07:54 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 10/3/07 04:36 AM, positively-negative wrote: It is pointing to the left...
> = Right
< = Left
"At 10/2/07 10:05 PM, positively-negative wrote: Fender, Laney.. blah blah > Marshall."
It was pointing right. End of discussion.

Not quite because if it were pointing right, it would make it a lesser than sign, which in this case is most definatly false.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 20:40:54

At 10/3/07 08:02 PM, positively-negative wrote: Not quite because if it were pointing right, it would make it a lesser than sign, which in this case is most definatly false.

Lol, this is stupid. We're arguing about greater and lesser signs.

In other news. I have to do a essay, so no guitar playing for me tonight and possibly tomorrow.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 11:21:12

Hey guys, I have a question.

I've written a few songs here and there, mostly power metal and one or two hard rock/heavy metal fusion. My point is, what do you guys (if any of you do) use to record?

In other news, no guitar playing for me until 8 when I get back from Ju-Jitsu. This is a bummer because I have no homework.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 12:10:16

At 10/4/07 11:21 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Hey guys, I have a question.

I've written a few songs here and there, mostly power metal and one or two hard rock/heavy metal fusion. My point is, what do you guys (if any of you do) use to record?

I use a pedal and line-in, And Audacity.
You can get those pedals somewhere, But they can be expensive if they are as über as mine.

Audacity you can get anywhere, And It's free.
You could always also get one of those pieces inbetween where you put the guitar chord in, And it's mini jack or whatever, And Put that in the mic thing on your PC.

Here's my pedal.

Guitarists

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 12:29:10

So you are basically saying that BOSS pedals are always the way to go?

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 15:37:56

At 10/4/07 12:29 PM, Goatchrist wrote: So you are basically saying that BOSS pedals are always the way to go?

That's the sum of it. But I'm sure there are other companies that make equally as good or even better pedals. Ask your local Guitar store owner of what would be best for you.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 18:29:03

At 10/4/07 12:29 PM, Goatchrist wrote: So you are basically saying that BOSS pedals are always the way to go?

Mostly. Digitechs are good, but not that great. BOSS makes some great pedals.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 18:33:29

It depends on the sort of pedal you want, and since you want distortion, BOSS is the best in the business at mass-market ones that actually work.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 18:42:31

I've heard good things about the Ibanez Tubescreamer.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 18:49:20

At 10/4/07 06:42 PM, Nev wrote: I've heard good things about the Ibanez Tubescreamer.

It's a classic pedal. I mean so many people had and still have one in their arsenal. It is the only pedal that Santana used in his hey-day and SRV swore by it, to name a few who used the little green box.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 20:25:21

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 20:39:24

At 10/4/07 08:25 PM, Hellian00 wrote: This guitar is major secks.

Two Words. Holy fucking shit. The shape actually looks good. Too bad there is only one pick-up, even though I mostly play on lead.. having two pick-ups looks nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 22:02:23

No, any guitar that is the illigitimate bastard child of an SG an Explorer and a Warrior all at the same time, does not constitute major secks.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 22:24:35

At 10/4/07 10:02 PM, positively-negative wrote:
No, any guitar that is the illigitimate bastard child of an SG an Explorer and a Warrior all at the same time, does not constitute major secks.

Well, actually it is major secks, just not in a good way.
Also, I'd like to see a guitar with the neck pickup only.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 23:29:45

Hot. I would love to know the retail, I can't find the price anywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-04 23:49:30

At 10/4/07 10:24 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Well, actually it is major secks, just not in a good way.
Also, I'd like to see a guitar with the neck pickup only.

Guitar with the Neck-Pickup only.

I took time out of my essay writing just to Photoshop this for you, haha. I was curious to see myself, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 00:03:42

At 10/4/07 11:29 PM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote:
Hot. I would love to know the retail, I can't find the price anywhere.

If I'm correct. You can only get it if you custom order it so it's going to cost you at the minimum around 3000$.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 01:30:01

Wrong, this one is

lulz.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 01:45:17

At 10/5/07 01:30 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Wrong, this one is

lulz.

it's made out of cardboard.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 01:56:00

At 10/5/07 01:30 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Wrong, this one is

lulz.

Is that the template for your guitar that your building cause if so, you don't want to have the neck bit on it as to have a chance to get the neck pocket right, as Strats have a bolt-on neck construction. Unless you are making a set neck or neck through, which take real practice and precision and I wouldn't recommend making unless you are building a serious piece of guitar.

The actual body templates for Strats linger at guitar making sites all over the net, I recommend looking at them.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 02:09:31

At 10/5/07 01:56 AM, positively-negative wrote: Is that the template for your guitar that your building

Yeah, it is.

cause if so, you don't want to have the neck bit on it as to have a chance to get the neck pocket right

I tried explaining this to my dad, when i first drew the stencil i only did the body and thats it. Then he came out, screaming at me etc, telling me to do the whole thing.

as Strats have a bolt-on neck construction. Unless you are making a set neck or neck through, which take real practice and precision and I wouldn't recommend making unless you are building a serious piece of guitar.

Nope, it's going to be bolt on just like the Strat.

The actual body templates for Strats linger at guitar making sites all over the net, I recommend looking at them.

I have looked for guitar templates, but that requires getting em sent down from wherever they are, taking time and money...

I don't think i went to bad using the jigsaw anyway, it come out ok. Im going to try again to explain to my dad why i didn't need to add the neck and only needed the body.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 02:36:46

1. Ibanez Acoustic steel string!
2. Muse
3. 2 years now.

There is a fine line between hobby and obsession.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 03:45:10

At 10/5/07 02:09 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I don't think i went to bad using the jigsaw anyway, it come out ok. Im going to try again to explain to my dad why i didn't need to add the neck and only needed the body.

Just show him pictures of a Strat body without it's neck and photos of the neck join and shit like that.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-05 17:59:44

im gonna get an electric made out of a 2x4, ill have th pics in 2-3 months at most

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-06 10:50:27

sorry for double post, but i need help.
on my guitar the low e-string is always low. i did just change the strings, and unless i got 5 packages of bad strings and always will get them, whats the problem?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-06 11:19:39

It looks like an Iceman.

I mean a LOT like an Iceman.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-06 11:44:34

At 10/6/07 11:19 AM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I mean a LOT like an Iceman.

Only similarity is that they have the same part 1 and if you were to... cut off part two on the Jackson and place it where the Iceman has it.. then that part would be another similarity but that's about it..
Difference:
-Iceman has gay Inlays, Jackson doesn't
-Iceman has an ugly head stock, Jackson doesn't
-Iceman has two pick-ups, Jackson has one
-Iceman has a fixed bridge, , Jackson doesn't
-Iceman has four knobs, , Jackson has one
-Iceman has 24.5 frets, Jackson has 25.5
-And the most obvious one, their different colour ;_;

Guitarists

BBS Signature