00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

636,769 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 15:54:48

At 8/27/08 01:29 PM, Homosecksual wrote:
At 8/27/08 12:10 PM, PolishMatt wrote: Wall of text
Ah ok.. but what are those small round things on the bridge?

Keep them towards the middle, They are what keep your guitar in tune, Put them in the middle and don't fuck with them until you have to tune it, lol

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 17:42:40

At 8/28/08 12:13 AM, Homosecksual wrote: And also, what else should I do to ensure the strings still keep its tuning?

It's worth mentioning that regardless of your locking trem and quality of its set up, new strings will still go out of tune quickly with or without whammy use.

If you stretch the strings (and they can take a lot of stretching) above the body a few times, then retune, and repeat until the tuning is stable they'll get broken in faster :).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 18:08:39

can I join?
I play guitar since 3 months ago, and I have my OWN little rock/punk band.
We practice every weekend.

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 18:14:49

At 8/30/08 06:08 PM, Gabriel234 wrote: can I join?
I play guitar since 3 months ago, and I have my OWN little rock/punk band.
We practice every weekend.

You can join if you don't act like an annoying shit like you did in the Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 23:36:03

Am I the only one here who finds inmense joy in polishing his guitar?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-30 23:41:54

At 8/30/08 11:36 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Am I the only one here who finds inmense joy in polishing his guitar?

Nope.

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 00:34:07

At 8/30/08 11:41 PM, Twone wrote:
At 8/30/08 11:36 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Am I the only one here who finds inmense joy in polishing his guitar?
Nope.

Same here, but I don't do it often as my guitar gets a lot of finger prints on it just moments after polishing it, anyways.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 00:37:57

Meh, I haven't been around here in a while. I lost almost all interest in playing guitar. I don't know, but I seriously don't have fun playing anymore. It kinda sucks too.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 01:17:01

At 8/30/08 11:41 PM, Twone wrote:
Nope.

I could spend hours making my guitar look pretty.

At 8/31/08 12:37 AM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote: Meh, I haven't been around here in a while. I lost almost all interest in playing guitar. I don't know, but I seriously don't have fun playing anymore. It kinda sucks too.

Aww, come on man, don't quit now. You're really good. I love your videos!

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 01:32:27

At 8/31/08 01:17 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 8/31/08 12:37 AM, TheBlackDahliaMurder wrote: Meh, I haven't been around here in a while. I lost almost all interest in playing guitar. I don't know, but I seriously don't have fun playing anymore. It kinda sucks too.
Aww, come on man, don't quit now. You're really good. I love your videos!

Thanks. I mean, I sucked when I made the videos. The only one I'm not completely ashamed of is the Mordecai cover, and that's a fairly easy song. Although, since I started college, I really don't have time to play much anyway.

At 8/31/08 12:51 AM, TECh2o wrote: Really? Why? I don't know how playing could suddenly seem boring. But then again, I haven't been playing for that long anyway.

Ehh, I've been playing for slightly over 3 years. I don't know why it's boring. Maybe I need to expand my horizons a bit more with my playing.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 03:34:24

That's exactly how I feel... it has been days since I last played, just this whole music theory pressure and sudden memory of songs I was suppose to learn but never did, are now haunting me.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-08-31 03:51:31

At 8/31/08 03:34 AM, PolishMatt wrote:
That's exactly how I feel... it has been days since I last played, just this whole music theory pressure and sudden memory of songs I was suppose to learn but never did, are now haunting me.

Think of playing as a more emotional and fun thing rather than a chore. You're probably just in a rut or something.

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 00:55:26

At 8/31/08 03:51 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Think of playing as a more emotional and fun thing rather than a chore. You're probably just in a rut or something.

I picked up my guitar today and almost shat myself, I almost forgot how it felt to hold it, and I couldn't remember some songs. But after some warming up (half an hour) and a small break, I picked it up again and I shredded like I never have before, my speed and precision came back along with old songs and life had more meaning to it once again.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 11:11:35

Hearing you play, fuck no. Stop it. I know a kid who was only playing for a year and then he quit because it was "boring." He was getting really good, too. It was such a fucking waste when he sold his guitar. Don't stop now.

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 13:55:04

I seem to have left my adapter on all night by accident and...

Well, you know.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 14:33:51

At 9/1/08 01:55 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I seem to have left my adapter on all night by accident and...

Well, you know.

No.. we don't. Did it burn out? Did a black man steal it? Did your house catch on fire? Anything is possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 14:38:06

At 9/1/08 02:33 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 9/1/08 01:55 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: I seem to have left my adapter on all night by accident and...

Well, you know.
No.. we don't. Did it burn out? Did a black man steal it? Did your house catch on fire? Anything is possible.

I'd like to say that it exploded.

But it just burnt out.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 15:58:55

Hey can i join this thing? i got a Bc Rich platinium series ironbird (cant get a proper one) and a couple of cheap learner guitars, i've been playing for 2 and a half years and got about 6 songs on the portal

anyway

Cuz i didnt wanna put this as a reply cuz of the thing above this is to the guy with the adapter that blew up

Well now that its bust whatcha gunna do about it?

The stench of death will bleed into the void....

for other Teletubbies quotes please goto www.teletubbies.com

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 16:10:38

At 9/1/08 03:58 PM, GnRfreek wrote: Well now that its bust whatcha gunna do about it?

Eh. Use my other one I suppose.

Yeah, I figured something like this was inevitable, and I invested in multiple (see: 2) adapters and a rechargable battery.

But since i can no longer power my Distortion Pedal with batteries, (long story) I'll need to use my other adapter which is currently at my grandparents' house.

So I haven't been able to play guitar all day and won't be able to until at least Wednesday.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 16:40:32

At 9/1/08 04:10 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 9/1/08 03:58 PM, GnRfreek wrote: Well now that its bust whatcha gunna do about it?
Eh. Use my other one I suppose.

Yeah, I figured something like this was inevitable, and I invested in multiple (see: 2) adapters and a rechargable battery.

But since i can no longer power my Distortion Pedal with batteries, (long story) I'll need to use my other adapter which is currently at my grandparents' house.

So I haven't been able to play guitar all day and won't be able to until at least Wednesday.

smart man

but i bet its gunna suck being stuck 2 days with your guitar jsut being pointless (unless you have an acoustic or have an urge to play unplugged)

you may only miss something when it decides to breal

The stench of death will bleed into the void....

for other Teletubbies quotes please goto www.teletubbies.com

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 17:01:28

What, you can't play without a distortion pedal?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 17:37:20

At 9/1/08 05:01 PM, ChocloMan wrote:

Exactly, I nearly always play unplugged. No hassle setting up everything and no worries about neighbors complaining.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 18:53:44

i have a Zakk Wylde custom epiphone. favorite band is Chiodos, and The Devil Wears Prada. I have been playing for about 1 1/2 years

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 21:15:24

At 9/1/08 04:10 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: So I haven't been able to play guitar all day and won't be able to until at least Wednesday.

What? Guitar without distortion. That's really not a legit excuse not to play. No strings, guitar needing to be fixed, broken hand... They are legit. Cause you don't have a little box? Yeah massive fail sorry. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 22:11:24

At 9/1/08 09:15 PM, positively-negative wrote: Cause you don't have a little box? Yeah massive fail sorry. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Clean guitar can be way more evil anyway.
I discovered that today :).

And anyway, is there an amp in existence that doesn't have built in distortion?

Obviously, there is... but I bet Ryan's is one of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-01 23:12:31

At 9/1/08 10:11 PM, Nev wrote: And anyway, is there an amp in existence that doesn't have built in distortion?
Obviously, there is... but I bet Ryan's is one of them.

Get a time machine and go back about 50 years when it was first being discovered, pretty sure amps didn't have it back then, but get an expensive one, the low end amps back then had clean tone that had some resemblance to distortion.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-02 06:36:00

For those interested, i finished my majorwork.

representing 'lost_e guitars', 'The Majorwork' model.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-02 12:30:44

At 9/1/08 05:37 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 9/1/08 05:01 PM, ChocloMan wrote:
Exactly, I nearly always play unplugged. No hassle setting up everything and no worries about neighbors complaining.

I don't like playing without distortion.

It feels unnatural.

I never play clean, I hate playing clean. That's what acoustic guitars are for.

And Nev, my amp does have built-in distortion, but it's shit. I bet The Beatles used more distortion than my amp has.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-02 12:50:30

At 9/2/08 12:30 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: It feels unnatural.

Playing with distortion for me feels unnatural, so take that.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2008-09-02 13:28:38

At 9/2/08 12:50 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 9/2/08 12:30 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: It feels unnatural.
Playing with distortion for me feels unnatural, so take that.

Well, you're gay.

Oh, I'm so witty.

BBS Signature