00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

636,748 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2007-09-30 23:46:18

At 9/30/07 11:36 PM, Erikio wrote: I'll join up.

1) Washburn Acoustic Electric, Some Epiphone Acoustic, ESP KH-202, Ibanez RG350EX, Epiphone Dot Studio, Squier s-65, Angelica Classical and a Home-Made guitar. I'm soon going to be getting a Dean Razorback V, and either a tele or a strat.
2) Anything that is fun to play
3) About 4 years, and I played Bass for a year and a half.

Lawl I hate Epiphone and you got the cheapest ESP KH model possible but I like that Ibanez oh and a Home-Made guitar? I want to see pictures!. Deans are alright but I hate their V's those look dumb >.< get a Jackson, but not one of their V's haha. Oh wow, you been playing for a while.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-09-30 23:57:06

At 9/30/07 11:46 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 9/30/07 11:36 PM, Erikio wrote: I'll join up.

1) Washburn Acoustic Electric, Some Epiphone Acoustic, ESP KH-202, Ibanez RG350EX, Epiphone Dot Studio, Squier s-65, Angelica Classical and a Home-Made guitar. I'm soon going to be getting a Dean Razorback V, and either a tele or a strat.
2) Anything that is fun to play
3) About 4 years, and I played Bass for a year and a half.
Lawl I hate Epiphone and you got the cheapest ESP KH model possible but I like that Ibanez oh and a Home-Made guitar? I want to see pictures!. Deans are alright but I hate their V's those look dumb >.< get a Jackson, but not one of their V's haha. Oh wow, you been playing for a while.

The Epiphone Dot Studio is one of the smoothest semi-hollow body guitars I've ever played, the KH-202 was a third of the price and played exactly the same as the more expensive model, it was just aesthetic differences. The Ibanez plays very nicely, the neck is nice and flat and the Edge III bridge is fuckin' sweet. The Infinity pick-ups are really hot. I really enjoy the Dean Razorback V, from the looks to the way it plays, and the tone is sick. I would not buy a Jackson. My brother works at Long and Mcquade, and I've played just about every Jackson, there, and there wasn't one that I really enjoyed playing or liked the tone of.

But when it comes down to it, its ALL personal preference.

Coast 2 Coast- Pre-Release off of my band's Debut Full-Length album "Surrey's Finest".

Stella - My Band

Arc of the Universe Music Inc. - Our record label.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 00:11:33

At 9/30/07 10:51 PM, ChocloMan wrote:
At 9/30/07 09:22 PM, positively-negative wrote: Sorry but the general rule is that it isn't a Les Paul Custom if it isn't black.
Hey, wanna be my friend? :D

YES!!! Yay! I finally have a friend.

What do friends do?

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 00:26:21

At 10/1/07 12:11 AM, positively-negative wrote:
At 9/30/07 10:51 PM, ChocloMan wrote:
What do friends do?

Steal your booze, chronic and cigarettes at parties. Go out with your ex and steal your girlfriends. Rob you of all your time and assets. Bother you at the worse times and break a string or two on your guitar.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 16:54:56

Hello, I play guitar.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 18:49:55

At 10/1/07 04:54 PM, Nev wrote: Hello, I play guitar.

Well remember to stay and post often.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 19:03:16

At 10/1/07 12:11 AM, positively-negative wrote:
YES!!! Yay! I finally have a friend.

What do friends do?

I'm not sure, but I hope it involves buttsex.

I mean, what?

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-01 23:03:58

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 01:44:26

This fucking woodwork project is giving me a headache already, and i haven't even started yet. I better end up being an awesome custom shop guitar builder once im finished building my 'ESP Stratocaster' (ESP headstock with a Strat body, had to name it something.)

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 02:01:44

At 10/1/07 11:03 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Also, Spider Valve, wtf!

Co-designed by Reinhold Bogner, cool. But still, this is the amp I want.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 04:47:11

At 10/1/07 11:03 PM, ChocloMan wrote: Also, Spider Valve, wtf!

Not only that, but the first proper new POD in aaaages is coming out soon. I think it's called the PODx3 or something daft like that. Either way, it's apparently based on the Vetta. With balanced XLR inputs and outputs. Oh man :). So getting it.

Also, hi.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 11:57:14

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 19:28:39

At 10/2/07 11:57 AM, ChocloMan wrote: Looks cool :O

Marshall > Line 6

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 19:46:26

Does anyone know what a "plastigage" is?

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 19:53:58

At 10/2/07 07:46 PM, Twone wrote: Does anyone know what a "plastigage" is?

Let me rephrase that: is there such a thing as a "plastigage?"

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 20:10:12

At 10/2/07 07:53 PM, Twone wrote:
At 10/2/07 07:46 PM, Twone wrote: Does anyone know what a "plastigage" is?
Let me rephrase that: is there such a thing as a "plastigage?"

Yes.
"String-like strands of material that are usually eight to nine inches long. It measures the amount of oil clearance available on rod and main bearing journals, also camshaft caps not used on one-piece cam towers."

Here's a picture of it being used for.. something.

Guitarists

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 20:15:33

At 10/2/07 08:10 PM, PolishMatt wrote: Here's a picture of it being used for.. something.

Some guys at this music store was making fun of a kid for not knowing what a plastigage is in a guitar. I just chuckled and left. I realized that I have no idea what it means.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 20:21:57

At 10/2/07 08:15 PM, Twone wrote: Some guys at this music store was making fun of a kid for not knowing what a plastigage is in a guitar. I just chuckled and left. I realized that I have no idea what it means.

So..they we're making fun of him for not knowing what supposedly something to do with an engine was...and not knowing what it is in a guitar?

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 20:44:42

At 10/2/07 08:21 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: So..they we're making fun of him for not knowing what supposedly something to do with an engine was...and not knowing what it is in a guitar?

It was weird, man.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 22:05:04

At 10/2/07 07:28 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 10/2/07 11:57 AM, ChocloMan wrote: Looks cool :O
Marshall > Line 6

Fender, Mesa-Boogie, Laney, Vox, Orange, Ampeg, Hiwatt > Marshall.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-02 23:36:56

At 10/2/07 08:15 PM, Twone wrote: Some guys at this music store was making fun of a kid for not knowing what a plastigage is in a guitar. I just chuckled and left. I realized that I have no idea what it means.

Would it be safe to say now that it doesn't exist on a guitar? I almost thought you were on the wrong forum or something when you posted that but wow.. guitar part.. get out of here, or maybe it's the.. actually I won't say it, I will just get laughed at for it.

At 10/2/07 10:05 PM, positively-negative wrote: Fender, Mesa-Boogie, Laney, Vox, Orange, Ampeg, Hiwatt > Marshall.

Damn I hate it when I make typos and mistakes as well so I will be a bud and help you out. The greater sign should be pointing to the left.

At 10/2/07 11:13 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Great. First people tell me in here that BC Rich isn't that great, yet I got one anyways. Now.... well, I guess there are better guitars, but the BC Rich was all I could afford on $285. That, plus a strap and case. I also realize that there may be better amps than Line 6, but I'm looking at getting a Spider III 15 (I'm too lazy to save my money for anything bigger). If I do get it, I'll buy it from the same place I got my Warlock: Guitar Center.

Wow, what a way to go from complaining to.... who knows what.

Woah' woah' woah, calm down. BC Rich isn't a great company for obvious reasons and same goes for Epiphone and guess what.. that's what I have and that's all I could afford back then for 400$. Also, I got my Marshall MG 50 DFX for 300$ o_o it's used but there is only one scratch on it and you can barley see it. Higher quality Amps don't necessarily cost a lot all the time

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 01:43:58

At 10/2/07 11:36 PM, PolishMatt wrote:

that's what I have and that's all I could afford back then for 400$. Also, I got my Marshall MG 50 DFX for 300$ o_o it's used but there is only one scratch on it and you can barley see it. Higher quality Amps don't necessarily cost a lot all the time

Yeah, I have essentially the same set up. Epi LP and the MG 50 DFX. To be honest, it has done me well. Granted, I have a POD as well - but I've had no complaints. Obviously I'm not exactly gigging with that, but I can get excellent recording quality, and personally I think it's an ideal rig for an intermediate hobbyist.

I do have a bit of a gripe with BC Rich, but it's just from personal experience. That isn't to say you wont get your moneys worth when it's at that kind of pricepoint. What else is there? If you're going to switch out the pickups (which you should do at some point regardless) you arent going to see a huge difference from say... a low end Ibanez. That being said, I love Ibanez. My first guitar was a $300 or so Ibanez, and I loved it. Lightweight, playability was great (very easy to shred if you will). Hell, I prefer it over my LP at times, but I havent been in the position to put out some cash for a decent RG just yet. Well, time to vanish into obscurity again :D

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 02:33:27

Hey guys, can you recommend me a good metal distortion pedal? I'd like to vary my amp sounds a bit. Please recommend modelling pedals as well, could be interesting.

Any good stuff out there? I want a crunching, heavy, yet audible tone.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 04:36:07

At 10/2/07 11:36 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 10/2/07 10:05 PM, positively-negative wrote: Fender, Mesa-Boogie, Laney, Vox, Orange, Ampeg, Hiwatt > Marshall.
Damn I hate it when I make typos and mistakes as well so I will be a bud and help you out. The greater sign should be pointing to the left.

It is pointing to the left....... all the amplifier makers to the left of the greater sign are far better than Marshall. Especially in making the only true type of amp, those of the valve variety.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 06:38:28

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 11:25:08

I play a little; got a Gibson SG (Black), I like Led Zep, Tenacious D, and RDCP

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 15:50:37

At 10/3/07 06:38 AM, positively-negative wrote: Sorry for double post, but this gives serious lulz!!

Wow, That was fantastic! but I was waiting till they brought in like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, David Gilmour or some other really amazing Guitar God. That would of been funny as hell and were their bassists? it's a "Guitar" book! whatever, great video.

At 10/3/07 11:25 AM, El-Duego wrote: I play a little; got a Gibson SG (Black), I like Led Zep, Tenacious D, and RDCP

Come, come and join us little boy. Yeash! I got a black SG as well, difference is, it's falling apart.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 17:51:06

At 10/3/07 03:50 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
Wow, That was fantastic! but I was waiting till they brought in like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, David Gilmour or some other really amazing Guitar God.

Gilmour did appear in that video :P.

Also, Marshalls are overpriced.

-Ambrose Bierce

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 18:49:49

At 10/3/07 03:50 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 10/3/07 06:38 AM, positively-negative wrote: Sorry for double post, but this gives serious lulz!!
Wow, That was fantastic! but I was waiting till they brought in like Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, David Gilmour or some other really amazing Guitar God. That would of been funny as hell and were their bassists? it's a "Guitar" book! whatever, great video.

Dave Gilmour was in it. The guy with the blue Strat. And they would have had to have got guitarists who had well known songs anyway. Also, Lemmy is more than a bassist, he is god, thus he can do whatever the fuck he likes.

Response to Guitarists 2007-10-03 18:53:19

At 10/3/07 02:33 AM, Goatchrist wrote: Hey guys, can you recommend me a good metal distortion pedal? I'd like to vary my amp sounds a bit. Please recommend modelling pedals as well, could be interesting.

Any good stuff out there? I want a crunching, heavy, yet audible tone.

Now, I've never used one, but like EVERYONE keeps talking about how great Metal Muffs are.

BBS Signature