00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PlayerPanic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ngadm: Final Results!

1,684 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 09:02:50

Yes, the NG Audio Deathmatch is finished at last. It's been a really rough ride where we had to deal with flame wars, complaints on reviews, delays, noize kicks, skipping rounds, finding replacement judges, inactive participants and waiting for an awfully long time for Group 2 to fill up, but we've finally come to an end.

RESULTS:
1st Place - Blackhole12
2nd Place - Gravey
3rd Place - SessileNomad and mr-jazzman

Here are all of the NGADM threads in all:

NGADM Original Thread
NGADM Round 1 Results (Group 1)
NGADM Round 2 Results (Group 1)
NGADM Round 3 Results (Group 1)
NGADM Round 5 Results (Group 1)
NGADM Round 2 Results (Group 2)
NGADM Round 3 Results (Group 2)
NGADM Round 4 Results (Group 2)
NGADM Round 5 Results (Group 2)

Now, I'd like to thank these people:

Darklight17 for sending many PM's, helping me think of a competition name, helping me organise this competition, helping me with the invitation to join the NGADM and the OP, attempting to make the sigs, judging, and always respecting his deadlines *Groan* xP.
aliaspharow for supporting and for compiling a list of Group 2 competitors at the beginning.
I-Saved-The-World for compiling the first and second ever member list of the NGADM, suggesting the idea of splitting into Groups and, obviously, saving the world.
lemonsourkid for starting the sigs.
InvisibleObserver for working on Darklight's failed attempts at making sigs and making them look awesome xD. He was the one who produced the final result. Also thanks to him for giving loads of suggestions.
mr-jazzman for being extremely supportive, friendly, making huge epic posts and giving his suggestions. Also thanks to him for not minding us bastardizing his username :3.
Gravey for helping out, giving loads of suggestions, although no thanks to him for making the competition look like a joke at the end :(.
DjTrancite for judging for one round, of course, before giving up and hiding like a coward...
Blackhole12 for judging for the first round of Group 1.
SBB for being awesome and judging for most of the rounds of the NGADM with extra harsh reviews xD.
Rucklo for agreeing to frontpage 2 of the winner's songs (I'll PM you saying which songs soon)
Anyone else who brought up some suggestions in the Suggestions Thread.
Next NGADM's judges (excluding Darklight and I): Kaizerwolf, brokendeck, Pure-Metal-UTA, (maybe although probably not) SBB, SessileNomad, and LogicalDefiance. If any of you changed your mind about judging, just say, although please don't leave it too late.
Anyone else who I forgot...

And now, thanks to the looooong list of people who signed up:

-GROUP 1-
01) Kirbyfemur
02) Chozz
03) MH16
04) djInTheDark
05) DaveGuy
06) eatmeatleet
07) vanguard182
08) Blackhole12
09) Chronamut
10) Parlormonkey
11) Kazmo
12) Phoog
13) xKore
14) YouriX
15) Envy
16) Skela
17) Pure-Metal-UTA
18) Carf
19) Syntrus
20) SessileNomad
21) ImperfectDisciple
22) dragon-teenager
23) SineRider
24) Bjra
25) I-Saved-The-World
26) DaGrahamCraka
27) la-yinn
28) callitsleep89
29) Box-Killa
30) Osher
31) AlextheDJ
32) SolusLunes

--

-GROUP 2-
01) SolidElectro
02) krssvr
03) Bosa
04) LK412
05) Gritchy
06) Jewelz123
07) dj-Jo
08) Deflektor
09) blackattackbitch
10) Ant0n
11) ArisingFlame
12) GronmonSE
13) Dj-UnKnOwN
14) Rawrthaas
15) deathkllr84
16) mydarksides
17) Developer
18) Bracksta
19) Manhart
20) CKC2009
21) timesavectorquantity
22) aocrkid
23) GreatWhiteMe
24) mr-jazzman
25) Niloc14
26) Demon-Slayer12
27) ShinyArmor
28) InvisibleObserver
29) Acid-Paradox
30) Gravey
31) KrazeyOne
32) DarkenedArmor

--

Thanks for taking part, everyone, you've been really awesome competitors.

Furthermore, I'd like to say sorry to the people who submitted their song but either because they were late or because their opponent didn't submit, they didn't have their song reviewed. Darklight was SUPPOSED to review them, yet so far he hasn't. Let's hope he does soon enough xD.

We're thinking of compiling a ZIP file with all of the songs submitted to the NGADM for easy reference (maybe you can create a playlist out of them or something). This will be uploaded to Mediafire and posted in this thread whenever we manage to get our hands on all of the songs.

Finally, I hope you've all enjoyed the competition, even though it was quite a mess. As I keep saying, we've learnt from our mistakes, and next year will be much better. We'll have better rules, organise it more, and obviously the best part of it, up to 8 judges.

Below you can see the sigs. I'll upload each one individually via Mediafire and send them as PM's to each participant. Good job to Blackhole12, Gravey, SessileNomad, and mr-jazzman. You've all proven to be among the best from so many participants, and beat up to 5 different people in a row. Unfortunately, only Blackhole12 will be getting the prize :P.

We've changed our minds about that whole 'every participant must review the winner's song' thing, it's not such a good idea, but Blackhole can choose 3 songs to be reviewed by all 3 judges, which makes a total of 9 reviews, he also gets a frontpage on 2 of his songs (thanks again to Rucklo) and of course, the 1st place sig.

We'll be posting auditions for the NGADM 2010 sometime after exams, around the time when summer begins. This will keep on going till the beginning of September/end of August, when the competition really starts. For the auditions, basically, you have to post your best song (or you can make a new one) in the thread, and we'll choose 32 from all of the artists who posted their song who will take part in the NGADM 2010. This is to prevent people who just own a DAW to sign up, and keep the quality of submissions in the NGADM as awesome as possible (not to say that this NGADM's quality was bad, because I must say that I found really awesome songs here which I'm sure I never would have found). More information about the auditions can be found somewhere in the Suggestions Thread or in the NGADM Auditions thread itself where we will explain clearly the rules of the NGADM and what the auditions are.

Yes, we will also send PM's to each of this year's participants to join, send random PM's to different people to take part too and PM's whenever a round is over to each participant (courtesy of Darklight17 xD). We'll try and make the next NGADM a success, and who knows, maybe we can think of another prize before the next NGADM starts :3. (NO, NO MONEY! >:C)

That's about it. Again, hope you enjoyed the competition, and hope to see you all next year :).

I feel like I forgot something but I don't know what.

Ngadm: Final Results!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 09:27:32

Sweet!!

wait I didn't get to judge the final round lol

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 09:52:58

At 5/24/10 09:27 AM, SBB wrote: Sweet!!

wait I didn't get to judge the final round lol

Lol, nobody got to judge, but it's a long story.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 17:40:57

wait since when am i a judge for next year? is it cuz i placed?

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 17:44:28

At 5/24/10 05:40 PM, SessileNomad wrote: wait since when am i a judge for next year? is it cuz i placed?

Well, I remember you saying you're going to be a judge next time in the suggestions thread...

If you don't want to anymore, no problem :).

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 18:19:40

So, what was the winning song? Or is this a different kind of deathmatch

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 18:21:46

At 5/24/10 05:44 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 5/24/10 05:40 PM, SessileNomad wrote: wait since when am i a judge for next year? is it cuz i placed?
Well, I remember you saying you're going to be a judge next time in the suggestions thread...

If you don't want to anymore, no problem :).

i dont remember saying i would but if you guys need judges feel free to hit me up i would love to help

assuming im not producing like a muthafucker at that time and will want to participate

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 18:37:42

At 5/24/10 06:21 PM, SessileNomad wrote: i dont remember saying i would but if you guys need judges feel free to hit me up i would love to help

assuming im not producing like a muthafucker at that time and will want to participate

Found it xP.

At 3/8/10 08:54 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 3/8/10 08:45 PM, brokendeck wrote: I'd just like to say that I'll volunteer to be a judge.
same

Anyway, if you don't want to take part, just say so, although don't tell me at the last minute. If possible.

And to the guy above, this was the winning song:

Yeah I don't blame you for getting mixed up, this competition was a bit of a mess xD.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 21:57:32

At 5/24/10 06:37 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 5/24/10 06:21 PM, SessileNomad wrote: i dont remember saying i would but if you guys need judges feel free to hit me up i would love to help

Found it xP.

At 3/8/10 08:54 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 3/8/10 08:45 PM, brokendeck wrote: I'd just like to say that I'll volunteer to be a judge.

oh i think i might have said that because we were looking for a judge b4 SBB took over. was it around that time?

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-24 22:06:12

Just saying that I'm still up for judging!
I'm become extremely more tolerant to other genres than when I posted my song for this
Congratz to the prizeholders! Even Blackhole12 who gave me a really bad review on my song :P

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-05-25 09:52:41

At 5/24/10 09:57 PM, SessileNomad wrote: oh i think i might have said that because we were looking for a judge b4 SBB took over. was it around that time?

Yeah I think so, although I was referring to the next NGADM. Oh well, if you prefer taking part, then it's no big deal.

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-06-29 16:38:41

A little bit of good news.

After a delay [Haha yeah, this competition was all delays xD] (it's because there were songs from other competitions which had to be frontpaged) Blackhole12 got his song Absolutia frontpaged :D.

Also I'll probably get around to posting the NGADM 2010 Auditions thread sooner or later, and compile a ZIP archive of the songs submitted to this competition, but I haven't had the time. I'll get to it soon.

In the meantime, feel free to post a suggestion or apply to be a judge for the next NGADM in the suggestions thread. We could always use a helping hand.

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-06-29 22:54:00

Very excited for the next NGADM!

I've learned a lot since the beginning of the first one!

but
The time it starts... (end of august, or beginning of September) is when my school starts :0

Hope that doesn't interfere with this Contest too much :O

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-06-30 02:02:28

I really wish I knew about this before... I would've at least gotten past the first round. :P

The next time one of these massive events goes down, I wanna be informed of it.

Response to Ngadm: Final Results! 2010-06-30 17:48:22

At 6/29/10 10:54 PM, dj-Jo wrote: Very excited for the next NGADM!

I've learned a lot since the beginning of the first one!

Awesome, I'm sure you'll pass the auditions :).

but
The time it starts... (end of august, or beginning of September) is when my school starts :0

Hope that doesn't interfere with this Contest too much :O

Actually my school starts a few weeks after. I did it like this since the start of school is basically the best time, at least for the participants who still go to school, reason being that in summer, a lot of people would probably be abroad or something and in the scholastic year, the only time when there are no exams and you can take things a little easier than usual is the beginning of it, so yeah, I think it's a pretty good to have the competition starting at around that time ^^.

Epic long sentence :3.

At 6/30/10 02:02 AM, Spikrodd wrote: I really wish I knew about this before... I would've at least gotten past the first round. :P

The next time one of these massive events goes down, I wanna be informed of it.

Haha, OK, will do.

BBS Signature